PDA

View Full Version : Tooooo much of Amelie right now!!

sebbe
Mar 2nd, 2006, 11:23 PM
I'm sick and tired of Amelie Mauresmo!!!!

She is playing every single week and I really don't understand how she can do that good. Running like a freak all over court and just using alot of spin. And what about her draws? I really think that Amelie and Nadia do get the easiest draw every single week too!!!

And guess what, when they finally show tennis on eurosport, guess who??
Yeah, AMELIE!!

Okey I'm sure she is a nice person but right now I'm just tired of Amelie!!!
Take a break or whatever!

franny
Mar 2nd, 2006, 11:35 PM
Um....she's basking in her success right now. If you're playing well, why not keep it up and go for more titles? She should play as much as she wants.

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 2nd, 2006, 11:37 PM
i'm soooo proud of her. she's waited for this success for a LONG time, so the more power to her to play as much as she wants and win as much as she can:)

GO AMELIE!!!!!

UDACHi
Mar 2nd, 2006, 11:42 PM
I've been saying this since Antwerp. :worship:

~ The Leopard ~
Mar 2nd, 2006, 11:44 PM
Running like a freak all over court and just using alot of spin.

Yeah it's so easy to play the way Amelie does. That's why they can all do it. And it's soooo boring. Why can't she just hang around the baseline bashing the hell out of the ball with each shot in a nice one-dimensional style? Not many players can do that and it's so much more interesting to watch.

(I wonder whether this post needs a sarcasm warning.)

Spunky83
Mar 2nd, 2006, 11:58 PM
This thread is a joke right?

gsm
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:02 AM
get over it!

its momos time now!

lets enjoy it while it lasts! :)

Ceze
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:03 AM
This thread is a joke right?I hope it is :unsure:

RJWCapriati
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:03 AM

She is playing every single week and I really don't understand how she can do that good. Running like a freak all over court and just using alot of spin. And what about her draws? I really think that Amelie and Nadia do get the easiest draw every single week too!!!

Yeah, AMELIE!!

She is not getting to me like Clijsters did last year playing every week! :fiery:

sebbe
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:06 AM
This thread is a joke right?

Why must it be a joke?

sebbe
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:08 AM
She is not getting to me like Clijsters did last year playing every week! :fiery:

Yeah I know what u mean;)

hablo
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:09 AM
what a haterish thread !!! :spit::cuckoo:

BMP
I'm really glad to hear things like that, that someone's already sick of Amelie. This just proves that Amelie has a real success... Finally!!! :D And I should say, considering how talented she really is, she deserves even bigger success :worship:

hablo
Yeah it's so easy to play the way Amelie does. That's why they can all do it. And it's soooo boring. Why can't she just hang around the baseline bashing the hell out of the ball with each shot in a nice one-dimensional style? Not many players can do that and it's so much more interesting to watch.

(I wonder whether this post needs a sarcasm warning.)
:worship:

xin_hui
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:14 AM

erm.....when did that ever happen? ask WTA who wanted her to play toronto? herself or WTA

and yet u dont use schnyder, dementieva and petrova as examples when they do that the whole year. is it because kim actually wins?;)

sebbe
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:15 AM
I don't say she doesn't deserve it! She is working very hard for this but anywere I can read about tennis I find amelie, I mean, there are still other players on the tour.

hablo
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:16 AM
erm.....when did that ever happen? ask WTA who wanted her to play toronto? herself or WTA
yup, momo and kim getting lots of love on this board this year :lol::hug:

xin_hui
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:17 AM
yup, momo and kim getting lots of love on this board this year :lol::hug:

i know:devil:

volta
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:20 AM
when she wasnt winning it was cuz she was a mental case and she sucked now that she is people get tired? :confused: Go Momo :worship:

BMP
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:26 AM
I don't say she doesn't deserve it! She is working very hard for this but anywere I can read about tennis I find amelie, I mean, there are still other players on the tour.
Seems like you personally don't like Amelie. She's played fantastic recently, therefore she's gotten more attention, and her matches have been broadcasted more often then those of other players... and it's probably a drag for those who would prefer to see "barbie-girls" more often than Amelie. But Amelie is finally getting success that she really deserved after years of being out of luck. So I'm sure we'll be getting a lot of MoMo further on. Better learn to cope with it :lol:

Mother_Marjorie
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:33 AM

Yeah, AMELIE!!

Well, when she's healthy enough, she does play which is great for her fans.

Her groundstrokes are very loopy, like Gabrielle Sabatini's, hence the spin. But its done her well so far this year.

Go Amelie!

sebbe
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:36 AM
Seems like you personally don't like Amelie. She's played fantastic recently, therefore she's gotten more attention, and her matches have been broadcasted more often then those of other players... and it's probably a drag for those who would prefer to see "barbie-girls" more often than Amelie. But Amelie is finally getting success that she really deserved after years of being out of luck. So I'm sure we'll be getting a lot of MoMo further on. Better learn to cope with it :lol:

Personally I think it's boring when just one player is dominating the tour. Right now Amelie is doing everything perfect. I thought it was boring when Henin was outstanding for one period and when Serena won everything. It's much more fun when, let us say 10 players are doing good at the same time. I guess that is almost impossible these days cuz of all injuries.

Lapin
Mar 3rd, 2006, 01:15 AM
I'm sick and tired of Amelie Mauresmo!!!!!

:rolleyes: :haha:

Yeah, AMELIE!!

Lucky you! :p British Eurosport haven't shown any of Amélie's matches so far this week and I'm not sure they're going to show the semi either! Not to mention those folk living in the States etc., who get very little coverage altogether.

Okey I'm sure she is a nice person

:yeah:

but right now I'm just tired of Amelie!!!

:confused:

She's not playing Indian Wells! :p

anlavalle
Mar 3rd, 2006, 01:19 AM
I´m happy because, the more she wins the more tv showed her matches and is just two months of amelie "domination", in fact, lately there is not a real domination in the wta, it´s been short periods of domination:last year clay season:JHH, Hardcourt season: kim. It´s not like Roger who is number 1 the past years and still could be at least for another couple. But I hope that she plays as much as she could and wants

WorldWar24
Mar 3rd, 2006, 02:03 AM
Honestly her game seems to me like a big fat BORE. But in case the thread starter hasn't noticed, Amelie has been rocking the tour this year, and now that she is better than ever you suggest she goes back to her choking-playing 10 tournies a year-self. Not gonna happen.

Amelie Mauresmo: your game is technically perfect but tactically and emotionally a big zero, that is why I don't like to watch her particularly. But on a note to non-Mauresmo lovers like myself, just DONT WATCH HER and it'll be fine. Otherwise fuck off

Ferosh
Mar 3rd, 2006, 02:33 AM
Leave my Momo alone! She can play whenever she feels like it!

DutchieGirl
Mar 3rd, 2006, 02:36 AM
I'm really glad to hear things like that, that someone's already sick of Amelie. This just proves that Amelie has a real success... Finally!!! :D And I should say, considering how talented she really is, she deserves even bigger success :worship:

Hopefully we'll be hearing alot more of Amelie for the rest of the year! :D

*Jean*
Mar 3rd, 2006, 07:09 AM
Amélie is so good now that she is in the period in which she is criticized :p It's normal, don't worry my little Momosapiens ;)

Piotr'ek
Mar 3rd, 2006, 07:24 AM
Calm down, she is not playing next two weeks :wavey:

pav
Mar 3rd, 2006, 07:38 AM
I must admit i was momosaturated after watching about three games,a great player,and probably a good person but no x factor,if momo is playing time to whip the channel to simply quilting

Drimal
Mar 3rd, 2006, 07:43 AM
I still remember the many threads in which people called her a choker who will never win something big! :rolleyes:

Now that she has won her first Grand Slam and two other tournaments in a row she is critized to be boring! :tape:

If she would lose to Hingis today there would be threads like "is Amélie really that good" or "will Amélie be the luckiest number 1 ever" ... :cuckoo:

jaex
Mar 3rd, 2006, 09:26 AM

Yeah, AMELIE!!

Hmm.. I wonder what if your favourite Mary is playing that much like Amelie, Would you start a thread and said you are sick and tired of seeing her and asked her to take a break or whatever? Hmm... maybe not. Just another Amelie hate thread I guess

LostGlory
Mar 3rd, 2006, 09:39 AM

Yeah, AMELIE!!

Most of Mary's fans are my friends....but your post sounds like a jealous post rather than I'm bored post.....all she added to her normal every year schedule was Dubai and that is probably because the organizers and the WTA asked her to do that, as Dubai attracts more players than most Tier 1 and almost the same as grand slams.

What is pissing you off maybe is that she got over her Demons now....Amelie 's always been a great talent and a top player....only now she found a way to win and fulfill her potential.....you should be happy and thrilled for her.....

Lets hope you find your way and potentials in whatever u do ....

Have a great day....:yeah:;)

sebbe
Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:37 AM
Hmm.. I wonder what if your favourite Mary is playing that much like Amelie, Would you start a thread and said you are sick and tired of seeing her and asked her to take a break or whatever? Hmm... maybe not. Just another Amelie hate thread I guess

I don't remember I said that I hate her? I'm just bored of her right now.
And as I said in a post earlier in this thread, I do get bored of players that are dominating!

I'm sure if mary was playing like that, that someone else would make a thread like this! People are always complaining about Mary taking so much time so.

Libertango
Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:45 AM
LOL, well its harsh to say you don't see how she can win...she's so good!!

But I do agree, I'm getting sick of her playing every week :tape:

Jenny.C.Fan
Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:50 AM
I haven't seen amelie once this week on british eurosport, i can't believe now that is someone wins 3 titles theyre dominating the tour- i hardly think so justine has also won a lot of matches this year so its hardly dominated, i have to say that amelie deserves all the coverage she gets, shes put so much hard work in and deserves everything she gets, amelie along with patty has the most entertaining game to watch on the whole tour.

ivanovic
Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:56 AM
She needs Ana Ivanovic to school her a bit :)

sapir1434
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:30 AM
i'm soooo proud of her. she's waited for this success for a LONG time, so the more power to her to play as much as she wants and win as much as she can:)

GO AMELIE!!!!!
when she wasnt winning it was cuz she was a mental case and she sucked now that she is people get tired? :confused: Go Momo :worship:
:worship: :worship:

Carmen Mairena
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:04 PM
I'm fine with her :shrug: :yeah:

borisy
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:11 PM
She doesn't have the wow effect but as long as she's successful noone can complain. And obviously she's a nice girl.

jlamire
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:12 PM

Hope Momo will meet Ana at Roland Garros this year... :devil:

candystripe
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:22 PM
I am sick of her a small bit. I am proud of what she has done so far. But she is in every touranment so far.

Yasmine
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:44 PM

Yeah, AMELIE!!

oh well get used to it :p cos I'm sure we'll see her all year around doing well :yippee: She's finally showing how talented she is and using that talent to actually win big titles, it was about time! She's playing well and enjoying herself playing more... I don't see anything wrong with that. :angel:

Yasmine
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:50 PM
I still remember the many threads in which people called her a choker who will never win something big! :rolleyes:

Now that she has won her first Grand Slam and two other tournaments in a row she is critized to be boring! :tape:

If she would lose to Hingis today there would be threads like "is Amélie really that good" or "will Amélie be the luckiest number 1 ever" ... :cuckoo:
:rolls: Don't think anyone could summarize it better!!! :worship: Some people are just never happy and look for a way to bash her whether she's doing well (oh dear we've been hearing she was the best on tour atm for about uhm... :scratch: 1 month if that :eek: ) or choking (yes she's so overrated and will never win a big title right?).. Well keep moaning guys, her fans are enjoying her success and won't let it be spoilt by trolls :devil:

leviathane
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:51 PM

:lol: :mad:

griffin
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:55 PM

I think you should take your own advice.

Ceze
Mar 3rd, 2006, 01:16 PM
Hope Momo will meet Ana at Roland Garros this year... :devil:and so? :rolleyes:

Yasmine
Mar 3rd, 2006, 01:20 PM
and so? :rolleyes:
Ana will get her butt kicked :devil:

Dawn Marie
Mar 3rd, 2006, 03:01 PM
Amelie isn't even bothering anyone? She is just playing her sport and playing it well. If you're tired of seeing Momo in the lineup then stop looking at the draws and watching the tourneys. It's not like you can't skip a match in favor of another? Momo hasn't even been televised all that much so why are you really upset? Let me guess she recently beat one of your favs.

P.S. Never become a soccer,baseball,football,hockey,bowling,skating,tr ack and field or golf fan. You'll usualy find the same world class players in their lineup while playing their desired sport.

sebbe
Mar 3rd, 2006, 04:17 PM
And it continues;)

FrenchY52
Mar 3rd, 2006, 04:22 PM
Fortunately !! Come on Amélie Go on !
( U won't see her the 2 next weeks :o )

esquímaux
Mar 7th, 2006, 12:17 PM
what a haterish thread !!! :spit::cuckoo:I know, right? :tape:

Hey hab, remember the rep you gave me before the Aus Open:

http://cache.wtaworld.com/wtaworld/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif Amé looks stronger tha... (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=7056980#post7056980) Jan 11th, 2006 04:04 PM hablovah (http://www.wtaworld.com/member.php?u=21632) I'm crossing my fingers : Momo stay healthy and play agressive (net play) and prepare to run down everything :devil::haha: It's time for a slam, dammit :mad:

:worship:

hablo
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:16 PM
^^:lol: Well, I'd say mission accomplished, Momo :bowdown:

Now if she could do the same thing for RG :drool::devil:

Solitaire
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:26 PM
I can never have enough Momo but I do think she's been playing way too much recently and she needs to give herself a friggin break.

hablo
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:30 PM
I can never have enough Momo but I do think she's been playing way too much recently and she needs to give herself a friggin break.
well, she is at the moment :lol:

Barbarela
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:54 PM
I think you should take your own advice.

Griffin... :worship: !

Solitaire
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:56 PM
well, she is at the moment :lol:

I know smarty pants. :p She def needs it too.

hablo
Mar 7th, 2006, 01:57 PM
I know smarty pants. :p She def needs it too.
you could have just said that "well I'm glad she's taking a break at the moment because she sure needs" :p:angel:

Solitaire
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:01 PM
you could have just said that "well I'm glad she's taking a break at the moment because she sure needs" :p:angel:

Oh my now ur correcting my posts. I think ur lookig for a fight! :boxing:

hablo
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Oh my now ur correcting my posts. I think ur looking for a fight! :boxing:
:haha: :devil: :armed:

(momo needs to come back soon :help: )

Solitaire
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:06 PM
:haha: :devil: :armed:

(momo needs to come back soon :help: )

Stop making her play so much! :p Tho I do already miss her. :angel:

hablo
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Even non-Momo fans miss her : reference to all the posts saying that Indian Wells is a week draw :haha::devil:

Solitaire
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Well it's good we turned a negative Ame thread into a Ame love fest. :hug:

esquímaux
Mar 25th, 2006, 10:15 AM
^^:lol: Well, I'd say mission accomplished, Momo :bowdown:

Now if she could do the same thing for RG :drool::devil:Momo! :worship::worship:

marmite1
Mar 25th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Amelie is playing amazing atm, so no there isnt too much of her :)

~ The Leopard ~
Mar 25th, 2006, 10:18 AM
:hearts:

msharafan
Mar 25th, 2006, 10:25 AM
god this thread is a bit harsh on amelie, ok im not her biggest fan and i dont think shes the best in the world but slagging her because she plays a busy schedule is pretty stupid and also regarding to the whole all she does is run around and get the balls back with topsin you have to do what you have to do to win, i mean look at martina hingis she does that a lot too. ill say mauresmo is the #1 if she wins miami, but the fact that she loses to players like ivanivic and petrova somtimes would suggest to me that she is not the best player at the mo. but shes having a great run and deserves it too. shell struggle against a fit clijsters though and i think sharapova, who although has never beaten her lost to her in the group stages of the yec 2004( long time ago considering her development) and also maria only lost to her in the yec 2005 because ahe was injured, i mean she was leading 5-2 when the injury started and she didnt win too many games after that, so to say that maria cant beat mauresmo is untrue, and maybe hopfully if both women get to the final maria will prove this.

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 25th, 2006, 10:28 AM
KEEP IT UP AMELIE! :kiss: :worship: :bounce: :bounce:

FrenchY52
Mar 25th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Go on MOMO :)

Slumpsova
Mar 25th, 2006, 11:26 AM
next year on star of stars awards.
Best WTA Partnership : Amelie Mauresmo :yawn:

Winston's Human
Mar 25th, 2006, 11:29 AM

Yeah, AMELIE!!

Didn't Amelie just skip Indian Wells?

améliemomo
Mar 25th, 2006, 12:47 PM
god this thread is a bit harsh on amelie, ok im not her biggest fan and i dont think shes the best in the world but slagging her because she plays a busy schedule is pretty stupid and also regarding to the whole all she does is run around and get the balls back with topsin you have to do what you have to do to win, i mean look at martina hingis she does that a lot too. ill say mauresmo is the #1 if she wins miami, but the fact that she loses to players like ivanivic and petrova somtimes would suggest to me that she is not the best player at the mo. but shes having a great run and deserves it too. shell struggle against a fit clijsters though and i think sharapova, who although has never beaten her lost to her in the group stages of the yec 2004( long time ago considering her development) and also maria only lost to her in the yec 2005 because ahe was injured, i mean she was leading 5-2 when the injury started and she didnt win too many games after that, so to say that maria cant beat mauresmo is untrue, and maybe hopfully if both women get to the final maria will prove this.

and who is the best for you??maria sharapova???

your excuses to explain her loss to amélie at the YEC 2004 and 2005 are not relevant sorry, maria doesnt know how to play players like amélie or justine henin hardenne who mix up very well the game.She lost to both of these players.Even against Kim Clijsters so she is NOT the best player definitly.Amélie is the n°1 and she beat the belgians this year who are n°2 and n°3 so her n°1 spot is just logical. :angel:
As for her loss to ivanovic and Petrova it happens even for the best players to loose some matchs against tough opponent who played very well on that day.Honor for them and we'll see what it would be this week at miami,I things things will come the right way for amélie :p

she is the best player of these last months and hoppefully it will last till Wimbledon and further,AMEN :angel:

flyingmachine
Mar 25th, 2006, 01:08 PM

Yeah, AMELIE!!

You are sooooooooo sad. :o Why not she's in the spotlight now she is playing well and she is not one of these bored to death baseliners we always have. This is great thing for tennis that she is playing well. ;)

sapir1434
Mar 25th, 2006, 01:10 PM
and who is the best for you??maria sharapova???

your excuses to explain her loss to amélie at the YEC 2004 and 2005 are not relevant sorry, maria doesnt know how to play players like amélie or justine henin hardenne who mix up very well the game.She lost to both of these players.Even against Kim Clijsters so she is NOT the best player definitly.Amélie is the n°1 and she beat the belgians this year who are n°2 and n°3 so her n°1 spot is just logical. :angel:
As for her loss to ivanovic and Petrova it happens even for the best players to loose some matchs against tough opponent who played very well on that day.Honor for them and we'll see what it would be this week at miami,I things things will come the right way for amélie :p

she is the best player of these last months and hoppefully it will last till Wimbledon and further,AMEN :angel:
Amen :worship: :hearts:
It's actually so enjoyable to be Momo fan right now :D

Barbarela
Mar 25th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Envy ... kills! :devil:

mike/topgun
Mar 25th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Let's wait til she's injured. When one plays so much winnig almost every match it does become highly probable that one would end with an injury or burn out.

Shenanigans
Mar 25th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Well she is not playing Amelia island or charleston her actual schedule is not that much different from last year in fact she did not play Indian Wells this year and I do not think she is going to play Warsaw. In fact she is not scheduled to play any tournements in April, so you won't see her for a whole month.
Maybe it is the fact she is winning more that is annoying you.
If you don't want to watch her switch off, I'm sure she doesn't care.

marmite1
Mar 25th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Well she is not playing Amelia island or charleston her actual schedule is not that much different from last year in fact she did not play Indian Wells this year and I do not think she is going to play Warsaw. In fact she is not scheduled to play any tournements in April, so you won't see her for a whole month.
Maybe it is the fact she is winning more that is annoying you.
If you don't want to watch her switch off, I'm sure she doesn't care.

Mother_Marjorie
Mar 25th, 2006, 01:44 PM
what a haterish thread !!! :spit::cuckoo:

Better get used to it. Amelie is #1, and you know what happeneds when someone is #1 and popular.

Ceze
Mar 25th, 2006, 01:48 PM
It's actually so enjoyable to be Momo fan right now :Dyeah! :D Allez Amélie! :bounce:

Harju.
Mar 25th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Let's wait til she's injured. When one plays so much winnig almost every match it does become highly probable that one would end with an injury or burn out.
Last year she played AO, Paris, Antwerp, Doha, IW, Miami.

This year she played Sydney, AO, Paris, Antwerp, Dubai, Doha, Miami.

Only one tournament extra on the bag :shrug:. It seems that she's playing a lot more but that's because she's winning. :tape:.

Shenanigans
Mar 25th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Last year she played AO, Paris, Antwerp, Doha, IW, Miami.

This year she played Sydney, AO, Paris, Antwerp, Dubai, Doha, Miami.

Only one tournament extra on the bag :shrug:. It seems that she's playing a lot more but that's because she's winning. :tape:.

Yeah, and as I said in my previous post she has dropped Warsaw this year so she has played the same amount of tourneys as last year.

PLP
Mar 25th, 2006, 02:06 PM

and yet u dont use schnyder, dementieva and petrova as examples when they do that the whole year. is it because kim actually wins?;)

Yeah, they play what about 25 tournaments! 20 should be the average...They take your best 17, so that gives the players a bit of flexibility if they dont play well in a few tournaments..Which is about what Amelie and Kim play...Historically it seems that there have always been some (not many)players at or near the top that play fewer than that, but that is not the average!

améliemomo
Mar 25th, 2006, 02:17 PM

yes so true :D :kiss:

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 25th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Better get used to it. Amelie is #1, and you know what happeneds when someone is #1 and popular.

Hahaha..exactly! Thank god Amy was never #1...i would have been going off on people everyday :tape: :p ... :wavey:

Bumsby
Mar 25th, 2006, 02:28 PM
:banana: :) :banana:

jenny161185
Mar 25th, 2006, 02:31 PM
lol this is hilarious some people are NEVER HAPPY! best of Luck Amelie at the french!

IceHock
Mar 25th, 2006, 02:34 PM
i'm lovin it.so used to seeing the belgians and americans on top and now theres amelie.i like amelie being number one better because she has a totally different game.