PDA

View Full Version : has any one her ever played in a pro tournament?

Boss monkey
Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:11 PM
have any of you played in a pro level tournament? or was a pro player?

jonny84
Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:06 PM
No!

I wish though.

Pheobo
Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:07 PM
Some Romanian lady made a few posts here asking things for a book she was writing once...

UDACHi
Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:32 PM
I have a friend who played some mixed doubles thing at New Haven. I dunno what it was, but he lost 6-1 6-0.

SM
Mar 2nd, 2006, 10:25 PM
i wanted to play qualifying in an itf just for the fun of it. lol. u never know i could have drawn a local player and lost a close match or even won a round ;)...i saw a few in the draw i could push.. :)..

but chose not to. if i drew some1 good i would get butt smacked so hard :O

Paialii
Mar 2nd, 2006, 11:44 PM
I was supposed to enter qualifying for the Australian Open back in January, but I injured my shoulder and I'm still working to get over it. A pro career is what I've dreamed of, and hopefully it's something I'll be getting into this summer with qualifying for some events. :)

UDACHi
Mar 2nd, 2006, 11:48 PM
I was supposed to enter qualifying for the Australian Open back in January, but I injured my shoulder and I'm still working to get over it. A pro career is what I've dreamed of, and hopefully it's something I'll be getting into this summer with qualifying for some events. :)

Are you a girl or a guy? How old? I'd like to know more about this. :)

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 2nd, 2006, 11:51 PM

best of luck to you, keep us updated!!!:bounce:

bellascarlett
Mar 3rd, 2006, 01:44 AM

Cool, go for it! Good luck! :)

TF Chipmunk
Mar 3rd, 2006, 01:48 AM
:eek: Awesome! Can I get your autograph now? :angel:

Rtael
Mar 3rd, 2006, 02:26 AM
Uhhh "Leena" did. Uh-oh, just because I said her name doesn't mean she's going to come back, does it?

DutchieGirl
Mar 3rd, 2006, 02:29 AM
Uhhh "Leena" did. Uh-oh, just because I said her name doesn't mean she's going to come back, does it?

Perhaps she already has... ;)

Maryamator
Mar 3rd, 2006, 08:11 AM
my friend/doubles partner played qualification at dubai open this year lost to alona bondarenko.

Ilikebigboobies
Mar 3rd, 2006, 09:46 AM
This may be a silly question:

Can anyone enter a qualifying event on the ITF?

<!Society!>
Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:15 AM
my friend is on her way to becoming a pro, currently in a tennis college in texas trying to get onto the tour, she has hit against, and aced venus williams i am proud to say :)

ivanovic
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:00 AM
my friend/doubles partner played qualification at dubai open this year lost to alona bondarenko.

oh WOW thats awsome - hope you guys take tennis seriously there because Dubai can provide a lot of support 4 the players there just needs to be some talent there - i think she did Ok won a game or two which is great.

miss_molik
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:02 AM
i'd love to be a pro player. i reckon it would be heaps fun. unfortunately i never pursued my tennis which is a bit disappointing. but anywayz

Ballbasher
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:05 AM
oh WOW thats awsome - hope you guys take tennis seriously there because Dubai can provide a lot of support 4 the players there just needs to be some talent there - i think she did Ok won a game or two which is great.
no Jennifer Klara Smith got double bagelled :sad:

Andrew..
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:42 PM
No, she never did.

Nimi
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:50 PM
Well, I'm a linesman at some ITF events. Does that count? :)

Boss monkey
Mar 3rd, 2006, 05:03 PM
bump :p

Pheobo
Mar 3rd, 2006, 05:54 PM
I loved lurking and reading Leena's posts...

Boss monkey
Mar 3rd, 2006, 06:21 PM
I loved lurking and reading Leena's posts...
what :confused:

Tennace
Mar 3rd, 2006, 07:17 PM
Jennifer Smith??

UDACHi
Mar 3rd, 2006, 08:00 PM
Who's Leena? Is maymator's friend Jennifer Klara Smith? So many questions I'd like to have answered. :p

Craigy
Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:12 PM
I started too late to become a pro, I'd have to move country, etc. I wouldn't like it, and I'm not mentally strong enough to, I choke sometimes :o

Paialii
Mar 4th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Just to reply to whoever asked: I'm a female. My name's Terra. :)

Look for my face in the future:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v435/pbwelcomemat/terra_2.jpg

;)

Wiggly
Mar 4th, 2006, 07:01 PM
But why you nearly play in AO Qualies? :confused: Do you have a WTA ranking? :eek: :hearts:

Carmen Mairena
Mar 4th, 2006, 07:11 PM
No. But I'm gay, a pre-requisite to join this board ;) :joking: :tape:

Paialii
Mar 4th, 2006, 08:17 PM
But why you nearly play in AO Qualies? :confused: Do you have a WTA ranking? :eek: :hearts:

You can get into the qualifications of many pro tournaments/slams without having played a pro tournament before or even being ranked. I've played ITFs.

Ballbasher
Mar 4th, 2006, 08:20 PM
What´s your name? :p

PatM04
Mar 4th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Jamie Hampton is on this board. She played (and won a qualy match) at Memphis last week. She lost in the second round to Gullickson in three sets. She posted after her first round match and had a lot to say about the experience. This past week she lost to Clarissa Fernandez in the Clearwater Beach, FL challenger. She is a very talented girl, she's only 16 as well. Best part is shes from my area:) Check out her posts in the Memphis forum form a couple of weeks ago.

HTE
Mar 5th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Jamie Hampton is on this board. She played (and won a qualy match) at Memphis last week. She lost in the second round to Gullickson in three sets. She posted after her first round match and had a lot to say about the experience. This past week she lost to Clarissa Fernandez in the Clearwater Beach, FL challenger. She is a very talented girl, she's only 16 as well. Best part is shes from my area:) Check out her posts in the Memphis forum form a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah Jamie had some really interesting posts, hopefully we'll hear more from her in the future.

jeanpierre
Mar 5th, 2006, 11:44 AM
I play in some professional qualifs in France, challenge of 50000 Euro

jeanpierre
Mar 5th, 2006, 11:52 AM
also I making sex with some WTA players on the tournois :devil:

Meesh
Mar 5th, 2006, 12:06 PM

Thanks, I'll have to check that out.

crazillo
Mar 5th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Even Lindsay Davenport is on this board. ;)

I know a certain guy from Canada who played ITF-events just for fun. :p I guess the Canucks know who I'm talking about.^^ :D

I played some guys who entered challengers, yes.

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 5th, 2006, 04:46 PM
OMG Sascha, don't bring JP in here ;)

Babolatpro880
Mar 5th, 2006, 04:49 PM
I'm planning on it in the summer between my senior year in high school and my freshman year in college. I think I'll not accept the prize money though, just in case I end up playing in college.

Geisha
Mar 5th, 2006, 07:08 PM
I haven't, specifically. But, my friend Rachel - who plays at my tennis club, has played an ITF match. Here is the link to her profile:

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/players/player.asp?player=100066015

My brother and I beat her and her other partner 8-0 in Doubles. I've beaten her, when I was thirteen, 6-0 6-1.

Geisha
Mar 5th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Also, my tennis coach is BOBBY MAHAL. He's a great coach, but says dumb stuff sometimes. He's on the ATP Tour site.

fried_beans
Mar 5th, 2006, 08:13 PM
I've played a rally game to 11 with Daniel Nestor when him and Sebastian Laureau came to my club the year after they won the olympics!

SM
Mar 6th, 2006, 08:22 AM
i saw rada from this board play someone whos won an itf juniors overseas.

was nice to watch actually, rada hitting the ball harder (true) than the other guy but the other guy was making rada do the running hehe..u can guess who wontho..

they had lots of deuce games but the other guy won by very easy score..:sad:

SM
Mar 6th, 2006, 08:24 AM
still..i was impressed :) alot of the shots rada hit wouldnt have come back from most players in our local area!!