PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know the exact outcome of the lawsuit Hingis had against Sergio Tacchini?

raquel
Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:10 PM
I know the American one was thrown out by the courts before it even started as (I think) she'd already filed one in Italy. I then read today that the Italian case was settled out of court. I just wondered if anyone knew exactly what the outcome was because Sergio Tacchini took a lot of criticism from the Hingis camp when Martina retired. Now Martina is back and obviously the chronic ankle/foot problems she was talking about in 2002, were not a career ending injury. If the case was still pending at the start of this year, Martina's comeback would suddenly throw some of her claims into doubt, so did she get the $40 million she sued for? I doubt it as we would probably have known about it. Or did Martina have to back down and accept a smaller sum to end the case knowing the comeback she wanted to attempt would make her case a lot shakier?

Andre@
Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:48 PM
Well They had a agreement about the lansuit and They agree not to talk about it anymore.

It was a secret agreement.

Interview with Martina step father and her agent.

BLICK: Are really the shoes of the former sponsor Tacchini for that problem responsible?

MARIO WIDMER: We are dealing with a professional sport and the Tacchini-Problem has been solved. Both sides have agreed a composition and to maintain silence from both sides about it.

BLICK: Tacchini has paid a few nice dollars ,right?

MARIO WIDMER: Like i said "both sides maintain silence". And Martina is with her new Sponsor Adidas in good hands.

alfonsojose
Mar 2nd, 2006, 10:29 PM
So Chucky stabbed Sergio in his feet :tape: Well done, Martina :devil:

raquel
Mar 5th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Thanks Andre@ for the quotes from the interview. He was asked point blank if the shoes were responsible for her problems and they've agreed to stay silent, but Martina wasn't so silent when blaming and suing them. I guess her comeback proved after all the injuries were not chronic and that it put her claims into question and a settlement was made. I am surprised Tacchini have stayed silent now that she has come back with no visible problems after saying their shoes were defective.

DutchieGirl
Mar 5th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Thanks Andre@ for the quotes from the interview. He was asked point blank if the shoes were responsible for her problems and they've agreed to stay silent, but Martina wasn't so silent when blaming and suing them. I guess her comeback proved after all the injuries were not chronic and that it put her claims into question and a settlement was made. I am surprised Tacchini have stayed silent now that she has come back with no visible problems after saying their shoes were defective.

Well as both parties seem to have agreed to stay silent about the whole thing, if ST now came out and started talking about Martina, she could turn around and trying to sue them again for breaking their agreement! :lol: