PDA

View Full Version : This from a Williams Fan: Hingis has been VERY Impressive!!

Foot_Fault
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:12 PM
I was happy for her return, she's committed, swaggering, and playing w/confidence.

It's kinda exciting. Can't wait for her to compete against my Venus...hopefully that is a day when they are BOTH ON!!!

Way to go Hingis!

The elusive FO Title may be looming.

lukehingis
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:18 PM
I was happy for her return, she's committed, swaggering, and playing w/confidence.

It's kinda exciting. Can't wait for her to compete against my Venus...hopefully that is a day when they are BOTH ON!!!

Way to go Hingis!

I also look forward to a venus-hingis match up.. they bring the best in each other tennis wise.. hoping for another classic US Open semi-finals... think it's Hingis' turn to win this time...;)

TonyP
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:20 PM
Thanks, foot fault. I too would like to see another match up between Martina and either or both of the sisters. And I too think a Roland Garros title is in the works for Martina, if not this year than sometime in the next couple of years. And I suspect Martina's rivalry with Venus could have some subliminal influence here. She saw Venus get that fifth slam after many people though she was washed up. Well, Venus wasn't and now Hingis is proving she wasn't, either.

volta
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:21 PM
I also look forward to a venus-hingis match up.. they bring the best in each other tennis wise.. hoping for another classic US Open semi-finals... think it's Hingis' turn to win this time...;)
that semi-final :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

R. Federer
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:24 PM
I am a HUGE wiliams fan, and I am HUGE Hingis man
No inconistency there :shrug:

LoveFifteen
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:25 PM
I love Martina, and I love Serena, too. Hopefully Serena will come back fully fit, and Martina and Serena can have some amazing matches!

Bankhead Bounce
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:29 PM

Not if Rena play the FO. :rocker:

TonyP
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:29 PM
I think it would be a close call right now.

Here's what I think after six tournaments back on the tour.

Hingis is the heavy favorite to beat most players outside the top ten right now.

Hingis is even money against anyone in the bottom half of the top ten.

Hingis is the under dog against the top five players.

Hingis will be back in the top ten herself before the year is out.

G_Slammed
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:35 PM
The tour ain't all that tough these days. Therefore being "impressive" ain't so hard to come by.

Bankhead Bounce
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:38 PM
lets hope she gets a wildcard :tape:

If she need it she gon get it cuz FO Champs got it like that. :rocker: Dayum right now aint no other playa but Rena got all 4 slams.

Sam L
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:39 PM
Martina will win the French Open. Just watch.

Foot_Fault
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:25 AM
Martina will win the French Open. Just watch.

Stranger things have happened at the FO, I would never count her out. She could do it.

Alicia Rocks
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:09 PM
Great post Foot Fault :worship:

BEEILOVEYA
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:10 PM
Yeah, Martina will win the French Open.

RAA
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:55 PM
I have been completely impressed with her comeback as well.

I do think that she has exposed some of the "top" players in that perhaps they have the physical talent but they are greatly lacking in guts and heart...and perhaps a tad overrated..

I think against the top five players in the world right now she is an underdog, but pretty much its up for grabs versus everyone else (giving hingis the edge in most cases) , and I include venus and serena in their current not so tip top form.

Foot_Fault
Mar 3rd, 2006, 07:11 PM
I have been completely impressed with her comeback as well.

I do think that she has exposed some of the "top" players in that perhaps they have the physical talent but they are greatly lacking in guts and heart...and perhaps a tad overrated..

I think against the top five players in the world right now she is an underdog, but pretty much its up for grabs versus everyone else (giving hingis the edge in most cases) , and I include venus and serena in their current not so tip top form.

Yeah, i refuse to believe Vee and Ree are sitting around eating Ding Dongs. But I am eagerly awaiting the encouter w/Venus. Serena and Hingis, not so good, a few matches but most are either a blow out, retirement.....so i am looking forward to Venus.