Wow Martina :kiss:

Good luck against Amelie :)

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:08 PM
WOW, i can't believe that....

GO AMELIE!!!!

Muffin the Mule
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:09 PM
wonder what our friend migi will have to say about this... ;)

crazillo
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:09 PM
Svetlana was better in set 1 I think, failing to convert her chances.
In set 2, Hingis was the better player though.
Overall Sveta made too many UE's.

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:11 PM
anyone have the stats? i am more than impressed with the way martina is consistently beating this top players...

tenn_ace
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:12 PM
Sveta :rolleyes: :mad:

AsGoodAsNew
Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:27 PM
Good

Alicia Rocks
Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:38 PM
Martina :D

adison-hingis
Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:40 PM
"Migi" said in the other thread that it's not surprising to see Hingis winning a match like that because of luck. Well, her/ his comment is always funny to read, but I must say I get used to it.

Niunia
Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:41 PM
:woohoo:
Congrats!!!!
Win this title:)

Carmen Mairena
Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:58 PM
Well done Martina :yeah: Another step in your comeback :yeah:

Svetlana... Next time I guess... :hug:

Whatzup
Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:01 PM
Congrats Martina! :D Amazing win and keep it up! D

up!
Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:03 PM
well done Martina:)

migi
Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:13 PM
"Migi" said in the other thread that it's not surprising to see Hingis winning a match like that because of luck. Well, her/ his comment is always funny to read, but I must say I get used to it.

The situation would be different if Sveta did not injure. If Hingis beats Mauresmo in semi so I am really impressed

skindeep
Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:15 PM
The situation would be different if Sveta did not injure. If Hingis beats Mauresmo in semi so I am really impressed

your mother drunk a lot while pregnant huh :drink:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Mar 2nd, 2006, 10:07 PM
Im a bit surprised. Keep going Marti!

fOxYLiCiOuS
Mar 2nd, 2006, 10:11 PM
Martina :hearts: :kiss: :lick:

Martian Stacey
Mar 2nd, 2006, 10:31 PM
Great to see Martina beating another top player :D :bounce: Hope she plays a good match against Amelie :)

flyingmachine
Mar 2nd, 2006, 10:36 PM
Damn :banghead:

migi
Mar 2nd, 2006, 10:40 PM
your mother drunk a lot while pregnant huh :drink:
Hingis will get an egg in semi

eddie_hyden
Mar 2nd, 2006, 11:08 PM
well then what's the chances mauresmo will not get injured too??

at least she didn't have 3 of her opponents stopped playing half way to give her the match away...

a win is a win.

spencercarlos
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:31 AM
Once again a three year retired just coming back like Hingis should not beat the best player of the year and the best player since November last year.
If she does, it will be an amazing acomplishment.
I did not expect Martina to beat Svetlana, i though Sveta´s game would bee too much power like it was Sharapova´s last week for Martina.

Corswandt
Mar 3rd, 2006, 01:40 AM
An excellent match, consistently played at very high level of speed and intensity.

While I was watching the match, someone walked into the room, saw Kuznetsova on teevee, asked "Who's that monster?" and left before I could answer.

My answer would have been That "monster" is called Svetlana Kuznetsova and is a damn fine tennis player..

I was under the impression that Kuznetsova didn't move that well, and that her footwork was awkward. Based on this match, not really. She doesn't look very fast, but her movement is more than enough for her style of play, because she's so powerful that she quickly takes control of points and it's her opponent who gets to do much of the running around. She blasts supersonic forehand winners from anywhere on the court, like Lena, and can on occasion do the same with her backhand. She has the volleys and smashes when they are needed. The serve is good, and only Hingis being such a good returner prevented it from doing more damage.

So what's the problem with her, then? An inconsistent backhand, which hits a fair share of winners but many more UEs;but above all Kuznetsova is too rash, too impatient and goes for winners when other players would play a couple of additional shots before taking the opportunity. She plays a terrifyingly high-risk game that is a delight to watch, but isn't as effective as Kuznetsova's breathtaking winners would suggest. For each one of those, there is at least one needless UE, and against a player as consistent as Hingis, that is simply fatal.

Hingis was astonishingly consistent, ran like the devil to return countless shots, and handled Kuznetsova's awesome power much better than she did against Lena at Tokyo. Even when under terrible pressure from Kuznetsova's mighty shots, she had the sense to avoid playing into Kuznetsova's forehand, and to retaliate by putting pressure on her much less consistent backhand. And her movement and court sense, the way she anticipates her opponent's shots, are a thing of wonder. A superb performance from Hingis, despite the fact that she hit very few winners. The serve is still something of a liability, though.

rada
Mar 3rd, 2006, 01:45 AM
martina well done i'm so happy to see her win...............it just shows you don't need power to win your all CLASS MARTINA

alibaby
Mar 3rd, 2006, 07:43 PM
first of all,this match was another proof,that there is NO lack of depth on the tour,which many folks like to colport so much here!it is rather the return of a world class player,who IMO,is every bit as excellent as she was before,and for that reason,i see nothing bad in the fact,that shes still able to beat the big ones in an impressive manner!

the other proof,and equally joyful,is that sveta is back again!whatever ailed her last year has disappeared,and she plays really fine again.and she looks pretty fit too!did anyone else also have the impression,that she is slimmer than before?..tell me.either way,that was an upperclass match,and i hope,i see more of this from both girls in the future!!

:kiss: :kiss: sveti-baby!!