PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Eva Dyrberg

Viktymise
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:00 PM
Did she retire :confused: I remember she used to be okay took Vee to 3 sets at Miami 2002 and after a while i just did'nt see her anymore. So what happened

spiceboy
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:12 PM
Eva is studying medicine at the University of Copenhaghen. She retired in 2002 at the age of 22.

Dyrberg reached a career-high ranking of #77 that year and made the Quarterfinals in Antwerp as a qualifier after defeating Anne Kremer in the 2nd Round. In Indian Wells she enjoyed the best win of her short-lived career by taking out Magdalena Maleeva, while she grabbed a set from Venus Williams at Key Biscayne two weeks later.

She has 4 titles to her name on the Challenger circuit, and won the European Junior Championships in 1998.

The same year, she teamed up with Kim Clijsters to win the US Open Girls' Doubles. Dyrberg also took the Wimbledon title in a partnership with Jelena Kostanic, and finished 1998 as the top ranked ITF junior doubles player.

CooCooCachoo
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:19 PM
:crying2:

I miss her. She was great :worship:

Jorn
Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:01 PM
Eva still play tennis. She train in the same club as Caroline Wozniacki and is in the team player list playing for Lyngby, even I don't remember her playing any matches. She also last year or the year before played in WTT. She's a co-commentaror on Eurosport at GS Finals and said she want to be in the top 100 in her career and so stop playing tennis when she reach that goal :sad: come back Eva!

Carmen Mairena
Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:06 PM
Eva :crying2:

Tripp
Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:57 PM
Well, it's pretty dumb to retire because you have reached your goal, specially at the age of 22, I mean, she could've done much better, maybe even get a WTA title!

Oh well, she's studying medicine right now! :eek: She must be a smart girl!