PDA

View Full Version : Petition To Eurosport Anyone?

AsGoodAsNew
Mar 2nd, 2006, 05:51 PM
Eurosport have not stood by their published schedule of showing WTA tennis. Last night they showed snooker instead! At least here in the UK. And despite Martina's return, nearly zero coverage.

They used to have a link to email in from their website but i can't see it anymore!

Would anyone else join in a petition to them to let them know that there ARE tennis fans out there who may even outnumber their snooker fans?!

I'd be happy to draft the message!

Darop.
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:14 PM
Pfffft, be happy with what you get, some people in the USA barely get to see only the slams.

Considering how popular tennis is, eurosport actually gives TOO MUCH coverage.

AsGoodAsNew
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:18 PM
Pfffft, be happy with what you get, some people in the USA barely get to see only the slams.

But I don't live in the USofA. I was talking about Eurosport - Europe!

smiler
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:23 PM
Yeah eurosport need a kick up the arse they're just really shite.

Darop.
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:30 PM
But I don't live in the USofA. I was talking about Eurosport - Europe!

:retard:

I know that very well, I'm just saying, I think eurosport shows ALOT of tennis compared to all the other sports stations.

Craigy
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:34 PM
:retard:

I know that very well, I'm just saying, I think eurosport shows ALOT of tennis compared to all the other sports stations.
I think you just got told :tape:

Darop.
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:36 PM
I think you just got told :tape:

Please dear, shut up :p

tennisboi
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:36 PM
Eurosport are very unreliable and it can be very annoying :(

!<blocparty>!
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:37 PM
I don't get how sports like snooker and er, SKI JUMPING can be more popular than tennis. Sadly, I can see why Italian Serie F football is more popular because of all the losers who sit and watch a ball being kicked around regardless of how shit the teams are.

The coverage is OK, I guess. But they could at least schedule properly and stop fucking everyone about.

Dexter
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:42 PM
I don't get how sports like snooker and er, SKI JUMPING can be more popular than tennis. Sadly, I can see why Italian Serie F football is more popular because of all the losers who sit and watch a ball being kicked around regardless of how shit the teams are.

The coverage is OK, I guess. But they could at least schedule properly and stop fucking everyone about.Ski-jumping is awesome. And it's only in winter. Don't even touch it :p
But yeah I agree that snooker is uberboring :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:43 PM
Ski-jumping is awesome. And it's only in winter. Don't even touch it :p
But yeah I agree that snooker is uberboring :lol:

Oh please. Ski jumping has to be the most pointless winter sport ever invented, along with biathlon. I mean, its the same thing every time, just, oh look, he jumped 3 cm more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Piotr'ek
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:54 PM
I sent mail to es why they r not showing momo-hingis tommorow :sad:

i know it won't change anything but at least i was trying :tape:

fammmmedspin
Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:12 PM
Its on - its just very difficult to find out when because they keep on changing schedules. Martina and Ai got complete coverage today, Nastya did yesterday.

Joana
Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:25 PM
Oh please. Ski jumping has to be the most pointless winter sport ever invented, along with biathlon.

Biathlon is not pointless. And I'd take it over Schruff vs Sugiyama any day.

Dexter
Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:27 PM
Oh please. Ski jumping has to be the most pointless winter sport ever invented, along with biathlon. I mean, its the same thing every time, just, oh look, he jumped 3 cm more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11Aren't these sports pointless cuz Brits have no success in them? :wavey:

Piotr'ek
Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:35 PM
Aren't these sports pointless cuz Brits have no success in them? :wavey:
imo they are just boring :wavey:
especially ski jumping :zzz:

the_doman
Mar 2nd, 2006, 11:55 PM
So it seems only Eurosport France (Again!) will get the Hingis-Mauresmo semi....
It sucks for us International viewers..........

Corswandt
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:15 AM

Pretty much, yes. I wrote in another thread that snooker and winter sports aren't very popular around here, but that should Eurosport provide what the masses in Portugal want, it would show nothing but repeats of football friendlies, other assorted low tier football matches and wrestling.

!<blocparty>!
Mar 3rd, 2006, 07:38 AM
Aren't these sports pointless cuz Brits have no success in them? :wavey:

Ummmm, no. I find many sports Britain are successful in to be boring and/or pointless.

:scratch:

Foot's Fingers
Mar 3rd, 2006, 09:21 AM
They have coverage on ES 2 live.....

Lady
Mar 3rd, 2006, 09:42 AM
Biathlon is not pointless. And I'd take it over Schruff vs Sugiyama any day.

Me too! :D
And many people LOVE snooker, my friend watches it every time. Why people just can't accept that not everyone loves tennis?? :confused:

BTW, ES showed Mauresmo, and Hingis vs Kuznetsova live yesterday, while ES 2 showed 2 other QFs. Why people just can't stop whining?

I'll be really upset if I don't get to see Martina vs Amelie, but it's not like ES chose to show Petrova/Sugiyama instead. It's all up to Doha scheduling.

Jenny.C.Fan
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:04 AM
Ski jumping and biathlon are not boring. The coverage has been terrible this week though, i havent seen amelie all week, i will be so annoyed if amelie v hingis isn't on.

Jenny.C.Fan
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:08 AM
BTW, ES showed Mauresmo, and Hingis vs Kuznetsova live yesterday, while ES 2 showed 2 other QFs. Why people just can't stop whining?

eurosport showed amelie from 6-4 4-0

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:17 AM
why is stenen always hiding :lol:
you could petition him as he works for Eurosport :o

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:18 AM

they cover alot of it cos they sponsor the WTA
would be rather pointless sponsoring it then wouldnt it :tape:

Barlos
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:04 PM
More people will watch Mauresmo vs. Hingis than snooker or ski-jumping.

Even in Britain tennis is more popular the snooker as a spectator sport (and snooker is more popular here than anywhere else in the world...). Just look at Wimbledon, packed every day, and Nottingham (ATP) and Eastbourne (WTA) are usually pretty full too. Try picking out someone in the crowd in the snooker tournament. There must be only 50-100 people watching some of the matches.

azmad_88
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:05 PM

wat about people in asia!!

candystripe
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:36 PM
Yeah eurosport need a kick up the arse they're just really shite.

Yea, they are desparate. :mad: Waiting for Dubai to show and when they went to the other courts they didn't show lindsay playing only when she was at match point. They are really pushing me now with the other programmes. But when the tennis is on they broadcast it until it is over which is good. :bounce:

Doc
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:50 PM
What annoyed me was the total cancellation of tennis on ES1 for 24 hour coverage of the Winter Olympics! That meant no Dubai. And Doha is not considered a big enough tournament for decent coverage.

Generally ES highlight coverage of the Slams, Tier 1s and European events. Less than tier 1s outside Europe are not going to get covered well.

Corswandt
Mar 3rd, 2006, 02:38 PM
More people will watch Mauresmo vs. Hingis than snooker or ski-jumping.

Even in Britain tennis is more popular the snooker as a spectator sport (and snooker is more popular here than anywhere else in the world...). Just look at Wimbledon, packed every day, and Nottingham (ATP) and Eastbourne (WTA) are usually pretty full too. Try picking out someone in the crowd in the snooker tournament. There must be only 50-100 people watching some of the matches.

In other threads, I had asked about the relative popularity of tennis vs the niche sports ES shows so often. I couldn't believe that, even in such weird places as Britain and trans-Pyrenean Continental Europe are, stuff like snooker and winter sports were more popular than tennis.

volta
Mar 3rd, 2006, 02:50 PM
just open the dam Tennis channel in Europe :fiery:

Corswandt
Mar 3rd, 2006, 02:55 PM
just open the dam Tennis channel in Europe :fiery:

I bet there's a guy who knows a guy who once talked to some other guy who, when visiting some distant cousins up in the Northern countryside, saw they had this "box" that allowed them to see, entirely for free, all the channels in the world, whether cable or satellite, including The Tennis Channel.

Corswandt
Mar 3rd, 2006, 02:59 PM
ES transmission from Doha has already began. Did they show the last points of Petrova's TB live?

volta
Mar 3rd, 2006, 03:03 PM
I bet there's a guy who knows a guy who once talked to some other guy who, when visiting some distant cousins up in the Northern countryside, saw they had this "box" that allowed them to see, entirely for free, all the channels in the world, whether cable or satellite, including The Tennis Channel.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

we cant catch it with satellite can we? :confused:

volta
Mar 3rd, 2006, 03:04 PM
If you all had jobs or did your studying like you are suppose to you wouldnt be worrying what Eurosport was showing this early in the day
or maybe some of us dont have the same schedule that u do :rolleyes:

Corswandt
Mar 3rd, 2006, 03:05 PM
If you all had jobs or did your studying like you are suppose to you wouldnt be worrying what Eurosport was showing this early in the day

Ever heard about VCRs?

Corswandt
Mar 3rd, 2006, 03:11 PM
What do you need one you are never out anywhere? :shrug:

Ever heard about

I) day off
II) heavy rain

volta
Mar 3rd, 2006, 04:03 PM
In other words you dont work or go to uni/school? You are at home all day long
now can u read my future? :hearts:

in other words u dont know whats up in other peoples life to tell them what they should or shouldnt do/worry :kiss:

Ravsieg
Mar 3rd, 2006, 04:04 PM

The coverage is OK, I guess. But they could at least schedule properly and stop fucking everyone about.

No bashing Ski Jumping please, it's one of my favorite sports.

volta
Mar 3rd, 2006, 04:06 PM
No bashing Ski Jumping please, it's one of my favorite sports.
i hope that all that snow melts :devil:

Piotr'ek
Mar 3rd, 2006, 04:26 PM
I sent mail to es why they r not showing momo-hingis tommorow :sad:

i know it won't change anything but at least i was trying :tape:
:banana:

michelle11
Mar 3rd, 2006, 04:45 PM
Me too! :D
And many people LOVE snooker, my friend watches it every time.
:lol: unbelievable, they must sit in jail for life !
what about sailing , darts and fishing??

Ravsieg
Mar 3rd, 2006, 05:21 PM
i hope that all that snow melts :devil:

:rolleyes:

-Sonic-
Mar 3rd, 2006, 06:32 PM

What a stupid thing to say.

If they say they'll put something on at xxx hours, then they should.

I set my sky plus to record tennis all the time. Despite what the spanner I quoted said, people record things as they are doing their work/study, then they watch it when they have the time. If people were home all day, it'd be less of a big deal. So many times I put my tv on expecting to see tennis from the day before etc, but you get those silly zap/watts montage shows for half an hour. This week hasn't been good for eurosport, coverage-wise.

Didn't help the wta coverage that ES and ES2 showed Agassi and Greg 40 times.

Asif_Nawaz
Mar 3rd, 2006, 06:35 PM
we get eurosport in pakistan and they show tennis matches sometimes but mostly skiing,sometimes football or pointless highlights of pointless sports.

Joana
Mar 3rd, 2006, 07:11 PM
we get eurosport in pakistan and they show tennis matches sometimes but mostly skiing,sometimes football or pointless highlights of pointless sports.

They show ALL tier IIs, ALL tier Is and ALL Grand Slams except for Wimbledon. Sure, I'd like to have a channel that shows tennis 24/7 and sure Eurosport makes a lot of "unforced errors" :p but people should be more realistic.

Besides, it also helps to have Eurosport 2

Melly Flew Us
Mar 3rd, 2006, 07:28 PM
i think eurosport do a pretty good job.
'til henman starts playing and british eurosport go potty.
and now andy murray too (yuck).
gonna get a bigger analogue dish; and cut off the sky(maybe).

furrykitten
Mar 3rd, 2006, 07:37 PM
Eurosport should atleast keep to their schedule, some days they are a joke.

Corswandt
Mar 3rd, 2006, 08:42 PM
LOL Heavy rain :) I never used this excuse before for being off work

Could you please fuck off and go preach your Calvinist working ethic elsewhere?

Lapin
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:47 PM
Eurosport should atleast keep to their schedule, some days they are a joke.

Yes, generally I'd agree with you ;) , but if they'd stuck to their schedule today we wouldn't have seen the Amélie/Martina semi-final, so it works both ways I guess! :p

:yeah: @ Eurosport for showing the second semi-final today! :D

Ravsieg
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:24 AM
They show ALL tier IIs, ALL tier Is and ALL Grand Slams except for Wimbledon. Sure, I'd like to have a channel that shows tennis 24/7 and sure Eurosport makes a lot of "unforced errors" :p but people should be more realistic.

Besides, it also helps to have Eurosport 2

Yes. Eurosport 2 plays tennis like everyday.

Rachel_
Mar 4th, 2006, 02:27 AM
How random are eurosport they must stick 2 their schedule about 10% of the time.

Even when they are supposed to be showing snooker they stick on alpine skiing or something.

I just appreciate da coverage we get cs i know alot of ppl dnt get any...i just wish sky sports would buy rights to WTA tier 1's!!

Darop.
Mar 4th, 2006, 05:28 AM
How random are eurosport they must stick 2 their schedule about 10% of the time.

Even when they are supposed to be showing snooker they stick on alpine skiing or something.

I just appreciate da coverage we get cs i know alot of ppl dnt get any...i just wish sky sports would buy rights to WTA tier 1's!!

You have to understand that if an event they are showing isn't done, they can't just switch to the next.

How would you feel if you were watching Henin vs. Sharapova RG Final, and on 5-5 in the 3rd set, they stop showing because they have to switch to football?

And as Joana said, eurosport shows tennis practically EVERY DAY, so why don't you all stop complaining?

stenen
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Yes, generally I'd agree with you ;) , but if they'd stuck to their schedule today we wouldn't have seen the Amélie/Martina semi-final, so it works both ways I guess! :p
:yeah: @ Eurosport for showing the second semi-final today! :D

Yep...ES preliminary schedules don't always hold...for a reason ;) Those of you who can get teletext can checked the latest changes there because it is updated before the website schedule.
Although right now the teletext is down on ES2 due to technical problems. :o

Corswandt
Mar 4th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Seems I hit a raw nerve :)

Make a note of this: annoying trolls are only tolerated if they are in some way, and at least on occasion, mildly funny.

Where does that leave you?

PatrickRyan
Mar 5th, 2006, 03:42 PM

Wow your exactly right. I live in america and basically all they show is only american tornaments. I didn't even hear of Eurosport till a couple of weeks ago. I wish they showed as much tennis here as they do in other places.