PDA

View Full Version : Serena has a STALKER!!!!

V.S.
May 14th, 2002, 08:28 PM
:eek: :eek: I got this from another site:

The commentators here said that lately it seems that Serena has being stalked, first in the States, then in in Berlin, where the police stopped this suspected guy.

From the info italian police have, it looks like this guy may have come in Italy too, but they already have photos of him so he shouldn't be able to access the tennis center.

They will probably talk more about this tomorrow when Serena play. The important fact is that Serena herself let this story out first, or this is what I understood from the commentators.

What do you guys think???

Rubylips
May 15th, 2002, 07:05 PM
I would to.There to many crazy people out there.YOU CAN"T SIMPLY look over people.Remember what happen to monica.Take no one for granted.Let the tour org.pay for her bodyguards.I wouldn"t play ,unless they had some security.What do you think?my williams people.PEACE ONE LOVE.:wavey:

HEAVYHITTER
May 15th, 2002, 10:01 PM
Serena will beat his ass!!

sperosgeorgejr
May 21st, 2002, 01:36 AM
http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=5484&bannerregion=

German Man Arrested For Stalking Serena

By Richard Pagliaro
05/20/2002

While Serena Williams was busy beating Jennifer Capriati in Saturday's semifinals of the Italian Open, a German man was being arrested by Italian police outside the Foro Italico in Rome on charges of stalking the 20-year-old Williams.

Four police cars pulled up outside the stadium and arrested 33-year-old Albrecht Stromeyer on stalking charges. Stromeyer had been stopped by security guards after attempting to enter a restricted area of the German Open in Berlin last week. Williams reached the German Open final, falling to Justine Henin.

The third-ranked Williams defeated Henin 7-6 (8-6), 6-4, in yesterday's final of the Italian Open and said she was satisfied with the security at the tournament site.

"I think the Tour has done a great job in letting me know what I needed to know to be safe," Williams said. "I feel safe and hopefully I'll continue to feel safe."

On April 30th, 1993, German Guenter Parche, a fanatical fan of Steffi Graf, stabbed Monica Seles in the back during a match in Hamburg. Following that incident, both the WTA and ATP increased security measures at tournaments, including positioning security guards directly behind players during changeovers in an effort to prevent potential attacks.

Dubravko Rajcevic, who was convicted of stalking former No. 1 Martina Hingis after an incident outside the Nasdaq-100 Open in Key Biscayne, Florida, is currently serving a two-year sentence in a Miami jail.

copyright Tennis Week, 2001. A Sports Media Network Web Site

Ntosake
May 21st, 2002, 03:47 PM
It's too bad you have to put up with fanatics like this, but I hope the Williams family is treating this situation with all seriousness.

Not only should they insist on extra, and continued security measures by tournament officials (as should ALL the women in the WTA because they are potential targets for these sickos, too) but if I were the Williams I would quietly invest in my own personal security people as well. (They may already do this)

I don't mean to say they should travel around with this big entourage of men in black, or bowties or something conspicuous like that, but I mean, it would be good to have your own secretly armed people in place. Yes I did say "armed".

Anyway, it's still too bad that with stardom, you have weirdos coming at you. And with the possible chance of Venus and Serena rising to number one and two in the world rankings--well, everybody isn't real happy with that. If they ever accomplish it(which seems likely) they will be both celebrated, but sadly, hated even more.

I just hope that Serena (and Venus) can feel safe no matter where they travel in the world and can stay focused on their games and not have to worry about some sicko in the stands.