PDA

View Full Version : Off-week/Pre-IW Discussion.

Andrew..
Feb 27th, 2006, 07:17 PM
IW top seeds:

1. (4) Davenport
2. (3) Henin-Hardenne
3. (5) Sharapova
4. (7) Dementieva :tape:

At least no (BEL) until the final.

dav abu
Feb 27th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Excuse my ignorance but why is Christine seeded higher than Dav?

Andrew..
Feb 27th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Excuse my ignorance but why is Christine seeded higher than Dav?
Well, I screwed that up.

Justine will be ranked #3 after Doha, but because seeds are taken from rankings after Dubai, Lindsay will be seeded #1.

GrandSlam05
Feb 27th, 2006, 07:45 PM
IW top seeds:

At least no (BEL) until the final.

:fiery: But this one is scarier than the other one IMO because she's a better player.
I hope we get a lame Pierce in our half and the rodent and the shark can battle it out in the other half.
And Momo's not playing?

Andrew..
Feb 27th, 2006, 07:48 PM
No, Mauresmo is not playing.

mike/topgun
Feb 27th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Suerly it's going to be a real test of Lindsays form. The field is lacking some players - Kim, Mauresmo(lol). Remember that Hingis is going to draw a seeded player in 3rd or 4th rd;). I like Indian Wells it's one of my favorite tournaments. IMHO if Linzi' not playing well then th problem for her could be the draw. Either Pierce or Sharapova in the semis, probably a tough QF...We'l see. I'm looking for someone to pull out....wonder who it'll be:p

GrandSlam05
Feb 27th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Is anyone going to IW this year?

Ty-Ty
Feb 28th, 2006, 01:26 AM
Davenport def. Henin-Hardene 6-0,6-0.

Lindsay's double bageled an opponent here two years running. It's only customary.

Andrew..
Feb 28th, 2006, 01:29 AM
Lolz. Lindsay is not beating the REAL #1.

lindsayno1
Feb 28th, 2006, 06:45 AM
LMAO! Will the real No1 please stand up!

Elldee
Feb 28th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Pierce isn't playing Indian Wells either.

Ingokoer
Feb 28th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Justine will be ranked #3 after Doha, but because seeds are taken from rankings after Dubai, Lindsay will be seeded #1.

How can Justine be ranked higher after Doha without having played at Doha?
And Lindsay hasn't to defend any points here, because she never played here!? So why they should change positions next week and where do you already know that today?

mike/topgun
Feb 28th, 2006, 11:30 AM
How can Justine be ranked higher after Doha without having played at Doha?
And Lindsay hasn't to defend any points here, because she never played here!? So why they should change positions next week and where do you already know that today?
Coz last year Dubai was held in the week befor IW and this year it's Dohas turn :lol: . Lindsay earned =+99 points for SF in Dubai which gives her 2902 this week but eventually will loose points from last years win in Dubai(=-220) next week. JHH didn't play last year in neither of 2 tourneys and she's won Dubai - earned 220 points.That means Linzi will have 2682 next week and JHH will still have 2798 coz she's not defending any points from 2005 till Miami. As simple as that. The Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Singles
Rankings work this way - week after week the points are added or substracted even if the tourneys change their date.

bis2806
Feb 28th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Why isn't Momo playing IW?

Frederic
Feb 28th, 2006, 01:09 PM
She has just played there a few times... Last time was in 2003. I suppose she prefers Miami. She maybe wants to rest for 2 weeks.

joaco
Feb 28th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Lindsay always pick her lever up in IW... like magically. I hope she finally starts showing the form she's been talking about. She's sounded so positive. Hope that all that she's been working with her coach finally starts kicking off. I would get SOO pissed if she loses yet ANOTHER final. Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's just be thankful she is healthy and that she is playing. I really expect a 'new' Lindsay in IW. Let's hope so.
GO LINDSAY!!

mike/topgun
Feb 28th, 2006, 02:54 PM
VERY sensible opinion Joaco.I could not agree more;)

RayRob
Feb 28th, 2006, 03:32 PM
She has just played there a few times... Last time was in 2003. I suppose she prefers Miami. She maybe wants to rest for 2 weeks.

She must have cited injury because i don't think any of the top players can pull out of IW or Miami without Citing injuries. I'f I'm not mistaken, both IW and Miami are on the "must play list" given out to all the top players by the WTA.

-Rache

MH0861
Feb 28th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to WTAworld.. I've been lurking FOREVER, without my membership being approved. I decided to try it out again and got accepted and approved right away, so here I am! I'm a big Lindsay fan - have been since the 1997 US Open when she pulled out that tough QF win over Novotna in that tense tiebreak.

Anyways, I've been a bit dissapointed with her form since her back injury, really - it's been struggles galore from the US Open onwards, but I'm hoping she rediscovers the magic one more time for Wimbledon, perhaps. I'm not reading too much into the Dubai loss, but Indian Wells will tell the really story about her game and her mentality, I think. I hope she does well - and would love for her to draw Hingis, it would be a fun matchup.

Kimmi
Feb 28th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Davenport def. Henin-Hardene 6-0,6-0.

Lindsay's double bageled an opponent here two years running. It's only customary.

Looking forward to that one :) I want a Hingis/Davenport match! *still pissed that we didn't get one in Dubai*

Welcome MH0861 :wavey:

Andrew..
Feb 28th, 2006, 06:28 PM
She must have cited injury because i don't think any of the top players can pull out of IW or Miami without Citing injuries. I'f I'm not mistaken, both IW and Miami are on the "must play list" given out to all the top players by the WTA.

-Rache
Only Miami is a GE mandatory event. That's really hurting IW this year.

Andrew..
Feb 28th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Pierce isn't playing Indian Wells either.
That's still unconfirmed by the WTA and the tournament. Until she's off the entry list, I'm keeping her in the seedings.

sweet_angel23
Mar 1st, 2006, 02:25 AM
whos' going to Indian Wells???
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/angel_4w/me/CAindianwells.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/angel_4w/me/indianwellsCA.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/angel_4w/me/pacificlifeopen.jpg

Frederic
Mar 1st, 2006, 12:07 PM
Wow!!!

Frederic
Mar 1st, 2006, 12:07 PM
I hope you are right Joaco...

candystripe
Mar 1st, 2006, 12:40 PM
That is a cool map. Looks great

!<blocparty>!
Mar 1st, 2006, 12:54 PM
GoogleEarth rocks.

joeslim
Mar 1st, 2006, 02:29 PM
The grounds of IW look like a grandslam :bounce: I heard before that IW's centre court is the second biggest court in tennis is this true?

Frederic
Mar 2nd, 2006, 11:40 AM
I don't know but it looks really big!! Anyway I've just noticed there are 22 courts... Am I true?? So it's as big as a gran slam event...

Emmanya
Mar 2nd, 2006, 02:05 PM
Did Christine play Indian Wells last year? I don't like how fast Lindsay's fall from grace has been...Back to no1 soon, please! Or atleast...don't let HarpySharpy overtake you.

Andrew..
Mar 2nd, 2006, 03:09 PM
Justine didn't play because was hurt last year. She hasn't lost at this event since 2002.

lindsayno1
Mar 2nd, 2006, 03:57 PM
ugh.

MH0861
Mar 2nd, 2006, 04:22 PM
Lindsay has made the IW final for the last 3 years running.. and has lost to a Belgian each time: Clijsters, Henin-Hardenne, then Clijsters again.. so it's probably Justine's turn this year. :o

Emmanya
Mar 2nd, 2006, 11:13 PM
I put a cheering thread for Lindz in the IW forum and it is lying all un cheered in so far. :( Show the love, people! :)