(3) Myskina-bye

(5) Hantuchova - Peschke
Zvonareva - Li
Medina Garrigues vs. q
(2) Petrova-bye

Finals or bust in my opinion.

iine:
Feb 25th, 2006, 07:29 PM
She should make it into the finals. This is an easy draw for Nastya. All players in her half are indeed beatable. So, don't disappoint me, Nastya. ;) This is your chance!

I wish you all the best!:yeah:

nouf
Feb 25th, 2006, 08:43 PM
myskina was to superbike event to doha today!

~|Naomi|~
Feb 26th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Myskina chases third Doha title

(AFP) - For Anastasia Myskina theres probably no place on earth like Doha. The pencil-thin Myskina is the only player to win the Qatar Open twice - in 2003 and 2004 - and with the sixth edition of the event beginning on Monday, she appeared a picture of serene confidence after Saturday's draw.

"I am certainly playing better than last year and my goal is to go and give my best shot at every event I play," said the Russian.

Myskina who went on to become the first woman from her country to win a Grand Slam event - the French Open in 2004 - is determined to bury the ghosts of 2005 in which she was dogged by poor form throughout.

That year she only won the title in Kolkata, India and ended the season wondering whether she will be able to recreate the magic of 2004 when she had Russia in a thrall after her path-breaking victory at Roland Garros.

But despite a disappointing start to 2006 Myskina is at peace with herself and her game as she prepares to tackle a decent field at the 600,000 dollar Doha tournament led by Australian Open winner Amelie Mauresmo.

"I feel confident about my game and I am certainly playing better than last year," said the Russian, who flew in from Dubai after being knocked out in the second round by a resurgent Martina Hingis, who has been given a wild card in Doha.

Myskina said she enjoyed the challenge of playing Hingis, who she felt could be in the top 20 soon.

"I though I played a good match against her although I lost in straight sets, but she was the better player on the day. I think its remarkable for a player to be coming back after a gap of three years and playing so well," said Myskina.

"But she is a class player and she can reach the top 20 soon if not the top 10." Myskina, the fourth seed in Doha, has been given a first round bye and will clash with either Japans Ai Sugiyama or Tunisias Selima Sfar in the second round.

Hingis, the inaugural Qatar Open winner in 2005, will face American Mashona Washington in the first round, while Svetlana Kuznetsova, the 2004 US Open winner, will take on Jie Zheng of China.

"I have fond memories of Doha and I hope the public here will support me like they did in 2001," said Hingis, who lost to Maria Sharapova in Dubai.

Sharapova, the 2005 Qatar Open champion, is not playing in Doha. Meanwhile, Indian star Sania Mirza has pulled out of the event because of an elbow injury. Mirza, the first Indian to win on the WTA Tour, had lost to Hingis in Dubai last week.

http://www.inside-tennis.net/index2.php?action=article&id=282

iine:
Feb 26th, 2006, 01:41 PM
The pencil-thin Myskina is the only player to win the Qatar Open twice - in 2003 and 2004 - and with the sixth edition of the event beginning on Monday, she appeared a picture of serene confidence after Saturday's draw.

pencil-thin?:scratch:

selyoink
Feb 26th, 2006, 05:04 PM
pencil-thin?:scratch:

Yeah I thought that was interesting. She is thin but it is not like she is super thin or looks like she is starving herself.

~|Naomi|~
Feb 27th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Yeah I didn't know about that bit either but it had some good quotes.

Daniel
Feb 27th, 2006, 01:29 AM
Good luck Nastya :D

Derek.
Feb 27th, 2006, 02:30 AM
Good luck Nastya! :D You own in Doha so I know you can do it again! :woohoo: Good luck Nastya! :banana:

selyoink
Feb 27th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Nastya is playing doubles Kirilenko. They are actually on court now against Aussie Open Champs Zi Yan and Jie Zheng.

michelle11
Feb 27th, 2006, 05:27 PM
2-6 2-6

what a pitty , such a beautyful double should not be allowed to lose.

jharen17
Feb 27th, 2006, 08:42 PM
you should have seen the people gone wild for myskina(and daniela) when they were presented(every year the players in the main draw are presented to the people and in front of the royal family)!! many of us(we're ball kids) were shouting for the two of them..after the presentation she waved at us then gave a big smile(and so did daniela)..hihi! ill try to get some pictures..

iine:
Feb 28th, 2006, 06:29 AM
you should have seen the people gone wild for myskina(and daniela) when they were presented(every year the players in the main draw are presented to the people and in front of the royal family)!! many of us(we're ball kids) were shouting for the two of them..after the presentation she waved at us then gave a big smile(and so did daniela)..hihi! ill try to get some pictures..
I wish I could have been there.:awww: :hearts: Oh yeah. Pls, show us some pics :kiss:

Almalyk
Mar 1st, 2006, 09:06 AM
Nastya - my advice to you... Pass Sugiyama while i'm asleep tonight, then prepare to get revenge on Scruff. You will then make me a happy boy.

Almalyk
Mar 1st, 2006, 09:08 AM
BTW - nice draw Nastya - take advantage!

selyoink
Mar 1st, 2006, 06:46 PM
Good to know that Nastya's performance in Dubai was far superior to Doha. Afterall we don't want Nastya to have any good results to give us hope.

michelle11
Mar 1st, 2006, 07:48 PM
wtf is this????

lucky draw
first round bye
opp. with all 5 starts a loss in first round ; 0-10 sets
a 5-2 lead
and lost !!!!!!!!

since st.anton it's going downhill,only the speed is rising.
btw: the same for likhovtseva , who was with her for this season opening "training"
what did they do there ?

nouf
Mar 1st, 2006, 07:58 PM
last games ai vs myskina doha 2006: 240 mo 15 minutes 1/4 dvd

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/7371/bscap17531gu.jpg

http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=F4SVWLL9

jharen17
Mar 1st, 2006, 08:45 PM
i was on court during the 3rd set..there many bad reactions about her lost when we got off the court..the crowd was totally hers(except for the japanese people)..i think she is pressured because she knows that doha is supporting her..well..i was able to talk to jens(hehe!!) then after couple of pictures with her fans and the media..she just sat on the coach with teary eyes..

jharen17
Mar 1st, 2006, 08:47 PM
megaupload doesnt work for me..can someone please upload it somewhere else?? please! i need this vid badly because it will be my only remembrance of myskina in doha(and except for my pictures of her and with her and towels from 2003 until 2005..)...please!

Derek.
Mar 1st, 2006, 10:59 PM
What a sucky day. :( Both my #1 and #2 favorite players lost. :bigcry:

selyoink
Mar 1st, 2006, 11:13 PM

Yeah that is pretty bad.

angiee3
Mar 2nd, 2006, 02:17 AM
megaupload doesnt work for me..can someone please upload it somewhere else?? please! i need this vid badly because it will be my only remembrance of myskina in doha(and except for my pictures of her and with her and towels from 2003 until 2005..)...please!

megaupload doesn't work for me either... :rolleyes:

iine:
Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:17 AM
Yeah .. A bad day:sobbing: