PDA

View Full Version : Bush Tries His Hand at Winter Sports

drake3781
Feb 20th, 2006, 04:20 AM
I find this news article Very Odd... :lol: :lol:

Bush Tries His Hand at Winter Sports
Sun Feb 19, 4:24 PM ET

WASHINGTON - President Bush tried his own version of winter sports this weekend — two bike rides in subfreezing temperatures — after watching some of the Winter Olympics on Air Force One on Friday.

While flying back from Florida, Bush watched part of the U.S. men's curling competition broadcast from the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin, Italy.

"We were watching some curling — cheering the U.S. on," White House spokesman Trent Duffy said, recalling the match the U.S. team won by 7-3 over Switzerland. flight. "We had it on for 20 to 30 minutes. The president is a great sports fan."

He's also dedicated to getting his exercise, even when the mercury plunges.

On Saturday, Bush pedaled about 90 minutes at a Secret Service training facility in Beltsville, Md.

It was even colder on Sunday when the president, after church, braved temperatures in the low-20s. Dressed in leggings, shorts and layered shirts for warmth, Bush rode about two hours Sunday at a Marine Corps base in Quantico, Va., south of Washington.

The president's wife, Laura, doesn't bike with the president, but she has followed the Olympic competition after leading the U.S. delegation to the winter games. She was especially interested in competition by men's speedskater Chad Hedrick, a Texan who won a gold medal in the 5,000-meter event.

Asked in Turin about what sport she'd want to compete in, Mrs. Bush said skiing.

"I can't do any of those things," she said. "I can't skate or ski. But they're so much fun to watch."

AP News
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060219/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_olympics_1;_ylt=AmQ1YsyZkMaEfaufITBbEyutOrgF; _ylu=X3oDMTA2ZGZwam4yBHNlYwNmYw--