PDA

View Full Version : The AMAZING RACE 9! (Back to the Classic format)

Greenout
Feb 20th, 2006, 04:50 AM
Whoo! I'm excited. Starts on Fec 28 next Tuesday, and will feature cool locations again out of the Anglo Saxon world. ;)

Russia, Middle East, Japan etc...

Read about the teams here.
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/cbs-reveals-the-amazing-race-9-cast-series-debut-february-28-3923.php

wilson-dunlop
Feb 20th, 2006, 04:53 AM
can't wait :)

Xanadu11
Feb 20th, 2006, 05:26 AM
I love this show! :bounce:
I'm so glad they are showing it in Aus. They didn't show the family one, cause it was supposed to be so crap.

Phil is my favourite reality tv host, only after Jeff Probst.

Brett.
Feb 21st, 2006, 12:47 AM
Xanadu - if you live in melbourne, its start this thursday! I can't wait whoohoo

How come isn't there any of it series of Amazing Race never been to Australia before?

Mateo Mathieu
Feb 21st, 2006, 02:53 AM
Xanadu - if you live in melbourne, its start this thursday! I can't wait whoohoo

How come isn't there any of it series of Amazing Race never been to Australia before?
Since when you started follow the reality show? :confused: I remember two or three out of all series stopped in Australia ;)

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 21st, 2006, 02:56 AM
The Amazing Race is the most spectacular show. I can't wait either :D And so glad as well it is back to the basics too! LOL

ampers&
Feb 21st, 2006, 02:59 AM
yay...that family edition sucked.
i watched like three episodes and gave up. :help:

go hingis
Feb 21st, 2006, 03:10 AM
I thought Australia must be missing the family edition because the commercials only had two in a team. I wonder if they where planning to show the family one because they've been advertising the Amazing race forever and nothing since Rob and Amber. Foxtel shows old seasons, so I get to see the one's I missed, but the one they're showing now, with Mirna, I've seen.

I was excited to see how families would go, but oh well, have to wait for foxtel.

and somebody tell SEVEN not to advertise Amazing Thursday until the Race is on!

Mateo Mathieu
Feb 21st, 2006, 03:15 AM
I thought Australia must be missing the family edition because the commercials only had two in a team. I wonder if they where planning to show the family one because they've been advertising the Amazing race forever and nothing since Rob and Amber. Foxtel shows old seasons, so I get to see the one's I missed, but the one they're showing now, with Mirna, I've seen.

I was excited to see how families would go, but oh well, have to wait for foxtel.

and somebody tell SEVEN not to advertise Amazing Thursday until the Race is on!
Channel 7 skipped the family edition and will show Season 9 on this Thursday ;) The family edition will be air later this year, instead. I think that's a smart move ;)

Brett.
Feb 21st, 2006, 03:22 AM
Mirna was one of my favourite player in Amazing Race - you know she's unbelievable smart, she's a dwarf, She knows how to trick everyone's minds as she is behind to get it back in front! She rocks!

go hingis
Feb 21st, 2006, 03:29 AM
Thanks AlexSydney, I also think it's a smart move considering how easily it would be to find out who wins. I like it when where on par and not too far behind the U.S.

Mateo Mathieu
Feb 21st, 2006, 03:30 AM
Mirna was one of my favourite player in Amazing Race - you know she's unbelievable smart, she's a dwarf, She knows how to trick everyone's minds as she is behind to get it back in front! She rocks!
OMG! I loved her too! :yeah: I got devastating when she got eliminated :( :lol:

Mateo Mathieu
Feb 21st, 2006, 03:33 AM
If we ever have own version and I would apply for sure! Along with a deaf friend would be a big challenge :angel: :lol:

Drake1980
Feb 21st, 2006, 06:02 AM
My tail is totally wagging, I'm like :banana:

yukon145
Feb 21st, 2006, 06:40 AM
i hope it still on in the end of may when i get back to the USA, and im glad the old way it back. that family shit sucked!

Greenout
Feb 21st, 2006, 01:12 PM
The promo for next's weeks 2 hour premiere is running on tv here.

:worship: :worship:

I loved Mirna too, she was fantastic. She was up there with my favorite Tian and Jaree.

LostInThe80s
Feb 21st, 2006, 01:59 PM
yay...that family edition sucked.
i watched like three episodes and gave up. :help:

They jumped the shark with that edition but they're back now! :bounce:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 21st, 2006, 11:36 PM
Yay! Go Tar! :d

Greenout
Feb 27th, 2006, 11:46 AM
It's almost time to start the race!!! :)

ozstyl
Feb 27th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Im excited its in Aus. I'll know most of the landmarks and locations of where they are. I wonder if it will come to Canberra?

bw2082
Mar 1st, 2006, 02:47 AM
I'm glad it's back to the old format. I'm liking the nerd couple :lol: and the hippies

RJWCapriati
Mar 1st, 2006, 03:41 AM
Wow, already @ 9!!

bw2082
Mar 1st, 2006, 03:53 AM
john and scott and the 2 blonde ladies need to be eliminated :banghead:

Rocketta
Mar 1st, 2006, 03:58 AM
can't believe I missed it. :fiery: who was eliminated? I have to figure out something because I already tape too many things on teusday night. :tape:

drake3781
Mar 1st, 2006, 04:11 AM
I'm glad it's back to the old format. I'm liking the nerd couple :lol: and the hippies

Those are my favorites so far too!

The hippies aren't really hippies, well not in the 60's sense. They are actually the kind of guys I know :lol: .

The Nerd Couple reminds me of Me and my Ex-Boyfriend :lol: :lol: .

Meesh
Mar 1st, 2006, 04:14 AM
I like Mom/Daughter , Ray/Yolanda so far. I thought Ray was going to come over and kick some ass at those people whistle'n and carrying on at his girl doing the motorbike thing. :lol:

Meesh
Mar 1st, 2006, 04:15 AM
:lol: oh yes, hippies and nerds come in as third place on my fave list.

canuckfan
Mar 1st, 2006, 04:18 AM
They draged it way too long. It should have been a 1 hour episode. There wasn't enough content to keep it really interesting.

So far I love the nerds, Mila Kunis and her mother, and the hippies.

I don't mind Mojo, the oldies and the black couple.

I hate the frats. Can they have any less personality? All they can talk about are their laziness and boobs. Yeah baby, sweet, dude...:rolleyes:
Hate Lake and his smoking patch.

The sisters are really anoying, but they are clueless and will probably go home next week.

Meesh
Mar 1st, 2006, 04:31 AM
oh, and Lake seems like he is going to be the guy (johnathon from old season) that beats down the wife and she is going to just take with a smile and say "yeah, that's just how he is" :rolleyes:

Kuilli
Mar 1st, 2006, 09:27 AM
So far I love the nerds, Mila Kunis and her mother, and the hippies.
Those are my favorite teams also. The nerd couple is great, gotta love them. :)

Varvagina
Mar 1st, 2006, 09:31 AM
Sorry but I never saw this on tv !! What's the goal of this show ??

xr6turbo
Mar 1st, 2006, 09:59 AM
Omg you're from Canberra???? :eek: Holy shit. me too. Lol. I thought I was the only one....

Lol, as if the amazing race would ever come to Canberra.... :rolleyes:
I know it came to Perth this season :D

bee
Mar 1st, 2006, 01:43 PM
I liked the Mother and Daughter team... they are competitive!!!
The "extremely" cheerful couple - is very annoying... :)

Ted of Teds Tennis
Mar 1st, 2006, 02:08 PM
Am I the only person here who hated Mirna? I thought she was a whiny {expletive} who used her being a dwarf to beat people over the head when the going got tough. Look at the leg in Cairo where one other team held a taxi until they got back from the airport terminal (in case they needed to go to the other terminal). Mirna tried to take the taxi, and when the other team (rightly) took offense, she basically said that they did it because she's a dwarf. No, Mirna, they got pissed because it's not a nice thing for anybody to take somebody else's taxi. People don't hate you because you're a dwarf; they hate you because you're an obnoxious, selfish {expletive}.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Mar 1st, 2006, 03:46 PM
Love Teams - The Frat Boys, The Hippies (they're really fun), Double D, Hyper Mum and Calm Daughter. ;)

Like Teams - The Nerds, The "Expressive Husband" and "Just Following" Wife, The "We Can't Find The Freaking Cluebox Which Is Right In Front Of Our Eyes" Team (Boy, they must have REALLY BAD eyesight) :p

Normal Teams - The Athlethic Duo, The "Just Normal" Couple :)

Dislike Teams - The Amazons, The Sissy Guys (yay, they got eliminated!!!) :bounce:

Greenout
Mar 2nd, 2006, 01:56 AM
Nice first episode. We had all the fun stuff, language problems, fustration, anxiety, and bad cab drivers! :lol:

My favorite teams will probably be the Hippies, the nerds and the mother/daughter team. Yolanda, and Lawyer boyfriend grew on me toward the end too. Damn putting together a bike. ( :lol: those jerks leering at Yolanda's butt!)

The Barbie and Ken team will probably get into a big spat in the next coming weeks :)

The older couple, and Fran's whining was bugging me. SO, were the Himbo's and the bimbo's.

drake3781
Mar 2nd, 2006, 02:16 AM
Am I the only person here who hated Mirna? I thought she was a whiny {expletive} who used her being a dwarf to beat people over the head when the going got tough. Look at the leg in Cairo where one other team held a taxi until they got back from the airport terminal (in case they needed to go to the other terminal). Mirna tried to take the taxi, and when the other team (rightly) took offense, she basically said that they did it because she's a dwarf. No, Mirna, they got pissed because it's not a nice thing for anybody to take somebody else's taxi. People don't hate you because you're a dwarf; they hate you because you're an obnoxious, selfish {expletive}.

I didn't mind if she did that, if also she would say that she was weak and would use being a dwarf to gain sympathy.

Or if she would perfrom hard and gain all the advantages she can on her own through hard work and brain power, and then claim that she is a strong woman.

But NOT a mix of the two - use being a dwarf to gain sympathy and advantage, but then claim to be a strong competitor and person.

moon
Mar 2nd, 2006, 02:43 AM
Yayyy!!!! It's back :D
I liked the mother daughter, Ray & Yolanda, the old couple and the hippies.

I was hatin on the frat boys. I WISH I could have that "I'll just get by on doing as little work as possible" attitude, and get away with it.

The amazon sisters were annoying, and so were the 2 queens. Iwas glad they got eliminated. Hopefully the sisters will go next week.

azmad_88
Mar 2nd, 2006, 05:01 AM
i just cant wait to see them in going to russia and japan

but looks like the normal patern is starting to get boring too

but there will be amaazin race asia
i cant join
im not 21

anyone going to join?

Langers
Mar 2nd, 2006, 12:21 PM
The Amazing Race is one of the best series on TV, and an awesome series this is set to be. Some nice eye candy in the brunettes/blondes or whatever you want to call them, and hopefully they will last at least a few weeks. My early favourite team is Monica and Joseph. They seem very nice.

I can't believe so many people like the Hippies and the Nerds, they, along with the gays, are the worst teams in the show. I can't wait until they are all eliminated. :yeah:

nikita771
Mar 2nd, 2006, 12:41 PM
I was soooo happy to see it back on.:bounce: I have it set to record on my DVR and was finally able to watch it last night. I really like the mom and daughter. I also like the older couple and the black couple. I cannot stand the Missippi couple (dentist and assistant). That guy really aggravates me and so does his wife. The sisters got on my nerves and I was really hoping that gay guys would bring it on at the end and beat them, but alas - there is at least one more week of them.:mad: I can't wait to see what this season brings. Hopefully one of my favs will make it to the end.

LostInThe80s
Mar 2nd, 2006, 02:23 PM
Go Team Boriqua! :lol: :bounce:

Harju.
Mar 2nd, 2006, 04:06 PM
The hippies team is rocking with the name-calling :haha:. The Barbie and Ken? :haha:.

Well, this is definately much better than last season. More drama and more trash talking :tape:. The sisters got on my nerves on the first week with the shrieks :o just like last season :tape:. The nerds look so cute together. My sentimental favourite thus far ;).

King Aaron
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:06 PM
I like Ray and Yolanda. :yeah: :)
The mother-daughter team...yeah the daughter is hot. :lick:

Don't like Lake and his wife. Is it just me or did he come off a little bit racist?

Denise4925
Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:30 PM
LOL at somebody calling the older sister team, the "frosties" because their hair is frosted. I don't know who I like yet. I know I'm glad the gay team got eliminated because I didn't like the bigger more vocal gay guy. :rolleyes: His constant whining got on my last nerve. When he jerked the book out of his partner's hand, just really annoyed me. :lol: Anyway, good riddance to them.

Denise4925
Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:31 PM

Don't like Lake and his wife. Is it just me or did he come off a little bit racist?
Like what? What did he say or do?

moon
Mar 2nd, 2006, 11:16 PM

I don't know about racist. But he did come off as very ignorant, screaming "Gotta beat the black team." and "did you see a black couple come through here?" at certain points during the race. He seemed overly (and annoyingly)obsessive with Ray and Yolanda. But it could also be because he sees them as the main competition. They're both pretty fit. Time will tell if it's more than that.

Dawn Marie
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:27 AM

No it isn't just you.He came off as racist and ignorant. Actually he seemed really insecure to boot. What he stated pricked my ears up. He made me go.. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Anyway I like The mom and daughter team. Mom was sounded cute when she was speaking her native tongue. I like Ray and Yolanda. And of course the two hippies. Gotta love the hippie.

What the heck were the pink ladies thinking about doing the motorcycle instead of the helicopter? I like the elderly team also. I gotta go with the underdogs. When they kept walking past the sign and saying it is probably right in front of us.. I died laughing. LMAO

The elderly team won't last long but they are nice.

xin_hui
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:43 AM
the 2 sisters were SO annoying:fiery: cant they just stop shrieking for a second:rolleyes:

Vut
Mar 3rd, 2006, 09:15 AM
better than a family edition!!! :D

bee
Mar 3rd, 2006, 01:23 PM
better than a family edition!!! :D

can't agree more.... thousand times better... :lol::lol::angel: :bounce::bounce:

King Aaron
Mar 3rd, 2006, 07:09 PM
Like what? What did he say or do?

I don't know about racist. But he did come off as very ignorant, screaming "Gotta beat the black team." and "did you see a black couple come through here?" at certain points during the race. He seemed overly (and annoyingly)obsessive with Ray and Yolanda. But it could also be because he sees them as the main competition. They're both pretty fit. Time will tell if it's more than that.

No it isn't just you.He came off as racist and ignorant. Actually he seemed really insecure to boot. What he stated pricked my ears up. He made me go.. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

He pretty much said what moon posted. I found it to be a little racist, if not ignorant. He screamed at his wife "the black lady is beating you, run faster" at the airpot if I'm not mistaken.

It could also be because he sees them as competition. I still found it disturbing though.

Denise4925
Mar 3rd, 2006, 08:38 PM
He pretty much said what moon posted. I found it to be a little racist, if not ignorant. He screamed at his wife "the black lady is beating you, run faster" at the airpot if I'm not mistaken.

It could also be because he sees them as competition. I still found it disturbing though.
Well, right now the way y'all are describing it, it sounds hilarious :haha: It just may be that he's not used to being around black people, so everything in reference to them is "black this or black that". :shrug: Time will tell what the deal is.

Steam
Mar 6th, 2006, 12:05 AM

Could be because that was the first team that they had any sort of contact with. "Lake...like the Ocean", "Ray....like the Sun".

I think the guy is just a douche, a little early to be calling him racist from my perspective.

I am rooting for the pink team for obvious reasons, plus the hippies are alright too. I want the sisters or the old team out next (old people piss me off).

King Aaron
Mar 6th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Could be because that was the first team that they had any sort of contact with. "Lake...like the Ocean", "Ray....like the Sun".

I think the guy is just a douche, a little early to be calling him racist from my perspective.

I am rooting for the pink team for obvious reasons, plus the hippies are alright too. I want the sisters or the old team out next (old people piss me off).
It's not like there weren't any other teams. I think I recall there was one other team running to the airlines counter as well?

You're right though, it's only been 1 episode so it's probably too early to say if he's racist or not. They did show him saying 'black' a few times so...it's probably why I thought he came off a little racist.

We'll see more of him I'm sure in the coming episodes. I guess I'll judge him again then.

Meesh
Mar 8th, 2006, 04:17 AM
Well, sisters have gone bye bye :kiss: our ears will be back to normal now :lol:

OK Lake didn't talk about the "black" people this week but he is sick of Spanish or Spanish people. I didn't catch it but I still don't like him.

-- The two guys from Florida that came in second and kind of aligned w/ the hippies are idiots. All they do is talk about sex. They want to get into someones pants they said at one point... isn't that a phrase that boys used in middle school? :confused: There is a saying about people that talk about sex all the time.... basically they are not gett'n any. :tape: :lol:

I still like Mom/daughter , Ray/Yolanda , nerds, hippies, Mo and Jo ... I guess I like all the teams except Lake/submissive wife and lazy frat boy/lazier frat boy.

And wow, Old people rule! She beat breast cancer four years ago and scaled that waterfall!!!! :worship:

drake3781
Mar 8th, 2006, 04:51 AM
Well, sisters have gone bye bye :kiss: our ears will be back to normal now :lol:

OK Lake didn't talk about the "black" people this week but he is sick of Spanish or Spanish people. I didn't catch it but I still don't like him.

-- The two guys from Florida that came in second and kind of aligned w/ the hippies are idiots. All they do is talk about sex. They want to get into someones pants they said at one point... isn't that a phrase that boys used in middle school? :confused: There is a saying about people that talk about sex all the time.... basically they are not gett'n any. :tape: :lol:

I still like Mom/daughter , Ray/Yolanda , nerds, hippies, Mo and Jo ... I guess I like all the teams except Lake/submissive wife and lazy frat boy/lazier frat boy.

And wow, Old people rule! She beat breast cancer four years ago and scaled that waterfall!!!! :worship:

ditto.

I don't need to write anything now, I agree with everything Meesh wrote :lol:

Actually I'll say one thing, I only "saw" but didn't watch tonight's yet (had it on mute) but about Lake... I didn't like him last week because of his testosterone level, but about saying the "black" people, I don't know how he was saying it so could be inappropriate or not, for sure non-white people say "that white girl" or whatever too and it's not meant bad but just informational.

Denise4925
Mar 8th, 2006, 05:10 AM

Why?? :confused:

Denise4925
Mar 8th, 2006, 05:16 AM

:lol: I agree. They did some yellin' didn't they?

LOL, he said he was "almost done with spanish" and his wife said, "it's portuguese" :haha:

Those boys act like they are just entering puberty.

Mom/daughter , Ray/Yolanda, the older couple and the hippies, those are all my favs. I can't stand the nerds though.

The older lady is fantastic. I admire her spirit.

FLL
Mar 8th, 2006, 05:36 AM
This is a fantastic show :)

I like the hippies, nerds, spanish girls, Ray and Yolanda(she has some of the best legs I've seen in a while!!!!!!!!!).. I liked the Glamazon but their screaming got the best of me after a while..

Denise4925
Mar 8th, 2006, 05:39 AM
This is a fantastic show :)

I like the hippies, nerds, spanish girls, Ray and Yolanda(she has some of the best legs I've seen in a while!!!!!!!!!).. I liked the Glamazon but their screaming got the best of me after a while..
Yolanda has sprinter's legs. I wonder if she ever ran competitively on a world class level.

Rocketta
Mar 8th, 2006, 06:09 AM
ok, the idiots who came in 2nd....where they really planning to follow the hippies and then out race them to get first? :speakles:

How ridiculously dumb would that have been? I almost wished they hadn't stopped and got the chance to out sprint the hippies cause that would've been the last time they helped those prepubescent jerks. :tape:

Very happy the old couple made it would've sucked if they lost because of the dumb car. :)

bee
Mar 8th, 2006, 01:26 PM
The Hippies.. are actually good... ;)
Too bad for the sisters...

Meesh
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:07 PM
ok, the idiots who came in 2nd....where they really planning to follow the hippies and then out race them to get first? :speakles:

How ridiculously dumb would that have been? I almost wished they hadn't stopped and got the chance to out sprint the hippies cause that would've been the last time they helped those prepubescent jerks. :tape:

I never thought of that... yeah that would of been the end of that alliance!

You can't succede by being a follower on this show! You have to know how to navigate a map and much more!

Meesh
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Why?? :confused:

Guess he is not in our Over 35 Club thread ;)

The only old people that ever bothered me was the old team that went the farthest. If I close my eyes I can probably hear her whinning... They live about 30 minutes from me and were on the local news during that season.

Meesh
Mar 8th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Yolanda has sprinter's legs. I wonder if she ever ran competitively on a world class level.

She ran track for University of Florida! Go Gators!!!

moon
Mar 8th, 2006, 11:52 PM
:lol: I agree. They did some yellin' didn't they?

LOL, he said he was "almost done with spanish" and his wife said, "it's portuguese" :haha:

Those boys act like they are just entering puberty.

Mom/daughter , Ray/Yolanda, the older couple and the hippies, those are all my favs. I can't stand the nerds though.

The older lady is fantastic. I admire her spirit.

The nerds are starting to get a little annoying with all the lovey dovey stuff. I can't wait to see them get into an argument.
Love the old couple, I was soo happy they made it instead of the Frosties.

Denise4925
Mar 8th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Guess he is not in our Over 35 Club thread ;)

In the days of ground-length tennis dresses, Suzanne Rachel Flore Lenglen played at Wimbledon with her dress cut just above the calf. She wept openly during matches, pouted, sipped brandy between sets. Some called her shocking and indecent, but she was merely ahead of time, and she brought France the greatest global sports renown it had ever known.

:lol: I guess not. :p

I felt sorry for them though when she fell and hurt herself in that cave. Remember?

Denise4925
Mar 8th, 2006, 11:58 PM
She ran track for University of Florida! Go Gators!!!
Was she a sprinter? What did she run?

Greenout
Mar 9th, 2006, 01:35 AM
The nerds were great in this episode, moved up places at the finish. :)

The two boys, or whatever they are- annoy me. Yeah, Denise- reaching puberty. I was going to call them "frat boys", but they weren't allowed to join yet. :lol:

The Senior couple were good, loved how Fran sucked it up and got up that waterfall. It looked so difficult, and I was worried about them. I was shouting at the tv "don't do it! go for the sugar cane, the sugar cane. Damn it... fools!". :lol:

My favorite team now is the mother/daughter, with the nerds coming in second. I down graded the "hippies". I think they're more like professional hippies, more poseur than the real thing. I bet their designers or something.

Brett.
Mar 9th, 2006, 11:48 AM
My favourite teams were who came first as they came on Soccer Field! Are they boyfriends? hopefully! - they are the hottest guys i ever seen ;)

I am gay too but I am glad that gay lifelong friends are gone now - i hate that girly guy in a black top! very annoying!

Also those Childhood Friends in pink clothes are my 2nd favourite - they are really cute and sexy!

nikita771
Mar 9th, 2006, 12:54 PM
This was a pretty good episode. Like others, I'm thrilled that the "Glamazons" are gone. They were soooooo aggravating. I'm glad with the results. I'm glad that Ray and Yolanda were able to move up a bit and that Lake and wife moved down. He gets on my nerves!

Rocketta
Mar 9th, 2006, 02:40 PM
:lol: I guess not. :p

I felt sorry for them though when she fell and hurt herself in that cave. Remember?

I didn't mind the old couple because most of the jerks from that season was soooo mean to them. Remember when they came in last and had to give up all their possessions and Rob and Amber wouldn't give them any money. :fiery: That's when I knew I loved Uchena and Joyce because they went to them on their own and gave them clothes and stuff...:hearts:

azmad_88
Mar 9th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Jeremy and Eric gets on my nerves.they make men look cheap.I wont talk about hitting a girl 24/7.i mean thats all they know wat to talk about.the pink girls are not that hot either.i think the daughter mother team,the daughter is quite hot. MoJo also is a good team

Denise4925
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:31 PM
The nerds were great in this episode, moved up places at the finish. :)

The two boys, or whatever they are- annoy me. Yeah, Denise- reaching puberty. I was going to call them "frat boys", but they weren't allowed to join yet. :lol:

The Senior couple were good, loved how Fran sucked it up and got up that waterfall. It looked so difficult, and I was worried about them. I was shouting at the tv "don't do it! go for the sugar cane, the sugar cane. Damn it... fools!". :lol:

My favorite team now is the mother/daughter, with the nerds coming in second. I down graded the "hippies". I think they're more like professional hippies, more poseur than the real thing. I bet their designers or something.
Yeah, they looked weak on that challenge and I was afraid for them too. Her knee looked like it was getting in an ackward position.

Denise4925
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:33 PM
I didn't mind the old couple because most of the jerks from that season was soooo mean to them. Remember when they came in last and had to give up all their possessions and Rob and Amber wouldn't give them any money. :fiery: That's when I knew I loved Uchena and Joyce because they went to them on their own and gave them clothes and stuff...:hearts:

Rocketta
Mar 9th, 2006, 04:55 PM

Oh yeah! ;)

Greenout
Mar 10th, 2006, 04:34 AM
Jeremy and Eric gets on my nerves.they make men look cheap.I wont talk about hitting a girl 24/7.i mean thats all they know wat to talk about.the pink girls are not that hot either.i think the daughter mother team,the daughter is quite hot. MoJo also is a good team

Same here, but Phil doesn't seem to like them either! :lol: The pink girls are kind of slutty too- so I suppose they would work as a couple with the two guys. Tart and Sleaze..

Catch his reactions when the teams arrive to the finish line. He likes the mother/daughter team, and the old couple.

Oooh Russia next week. :cool:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Mar 11th, 2006, 02:49 PM
I think the mother/daughter team are my favorites - I like their constant edge - always excited and determined to keep going and fighting. Same thing with Barbie and Ken - I like their competitive edge.

The other pairs that are doing well (hippies, himbos) are just in it for fun and that will catch up with them.

King Aaron
Mar 11th, 2006, 07:16 PM
No "black" comment from Lake this episode. I take the "he came off a little racist" comment back. I just think he's loud, ignorant and proud. ;)

I love the mother-daughter team. And I like Ray and Yolanda too. Yolanda is fit and fine. :lick: I didn't think the sugar cane thing was hard, why didn't the old couple do that? :lol: They must've been scared of a repeat of the bike thing.

Two frat guys annoy me. :lol: @ Phil's expression when they came to the mat and one of them shouted "I'm going to smack your lady-face" or something. Definitely not Phil's favourite team. ;)

Ted of Teds Tennis
Mar 15th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Bump

I wonder how long those musicians have to keep playing and the dancers dancing....

Meesh
Mar 15th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Oh geez, I was thinking the same thing about the music and dancers. Those roadblocks scare me.. cuz it's all about LUCK! I'm glad Ray/Yolanda found one and I think the old couple found one... I hope they did... Ray/Yolando went about it right by putting them on the floor and doing them like that.

Denise4925
Mar 15th, 2006, 08:07 PM
No "black" comment from Lake this episode. I take the "he came off a little racist" comment back. I just think he's loud, ignorant and proud. ;)

I totally agree. I think he's just really, really ignorant and backward. Although, I think he's prejudiced about anything or anybody different because he's so unexposed and ignorant. When he said, "Do they do high-fives in Russia?" :retard: I mean, when I type it here, it doesn't come off as ignorant as it does when he said it, but I just get the feeling that no matter what he will always point out people's differences from him.

It tickled me when he tried to bullshit Ray into helping them and Ray said, "that slowed me down, we already knew the clue". :lol:

moon
Mar 16th, 2006, 12:58 AM

I love the mother-daughter team. And I like Ray and Yolanda too. Yolanda is fit and fine. :lick: I didn't think the sugar cane thing was hard, why didn't the old couple do that? :lol: They must've been scared of a repeat of the bike thing.

Two frat guys annoy me. :lol: @ Phil's expression when they came to the mat and one of them shouted "I'm going to smack your lady-face" or something. Definitely not Phil's favourite team. ;)

You know Phil was probably cracking up on the inside when he told them that this was not the pit stop and they had to continue. :D

Greenout
Mar 16th, 2006, 04:20 AM
Really like the mother/daughter team, but mom's getting a bit stressed. :p

The Old couple are starting to bug me. Way too much negative complaining.

Joseph, and what's her name. I like them. :)

The music was pretty annoying. :lol: Don't know why? but, I kept on thinking about the Russian Fed Cup team. Pretty funny, when the locals don't give a sh*t, and don't help the teams.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Mar 16th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Hmm... the fret boys are "hitting" on the Double D's... possible romance coming up :)

And "Overreacting Guy" is starting to get onto my nerves... I'm sorry for his wife, who had to "survive" his outbursts....

Rocketta
Mar 16th, 2006, 05:08 PM
You know Phil was probably cracking up on the inside when he told them that this was not the pit stop and they had to continue. :D

He soooooooo had a smirk and you could just see he took a lot of pleasure in telling them they didn't win the leg that it wasn't over. :lol:

Gosh, I can't stand those boys...it's like watching middle school kids...trying to cop a feel off of the girls in their class. :rolleyes:

Lady
Mar 16th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Hee, it feels like I'm watching everything these days. ;)

Anyway, I love Wanda/Desiree (who is absolutely gorgeous), Ray/Yolanta, Monica/Joseph and Dave and Lori.

Lake is just an a**hole, but Michelle so deserves him. Being scared of wearing a bathing suit in front of 'those Russians'. What she thinks they'd do to her? :rolleyes:

The old couple are just plain annoying. Giving up every time they face any difficulty?

The guys are pigs, hopefully the girls are just using them. ;)

Denise4925
Mar 16th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Hee, it feels like I'm watching everything these days. ;)

Anyway, I love Wanda/Desiree (who is absolutely gorgeous), Ray/Yolanta, Monica/Joseph and Dave and Lori.

Lake is just an a**hole, but Michelle so deserves him. Being scared of wearing a bathing suit in front of 'those Russians'. What she thinks they'd do to her? :rolleyes:

The old couple are just plain annoying. Giving up every time they face any difficulty?

The guys are pigs, hopefully the girls are just using them. ;)
I was wondering about that. What she was saying didn't seem normal or reasonable, so I am assuming there's something wrong with her body that she doesn't want the whole world to see. Maybe she has some kind of deformity. :shrug:

drake3781
Mar 17th, 2006, 01:20 AM
I still like those so-called "hippies". They really have a great attitude. I thought at the beginning they would be attention-seeking, but they aren't (which is good). We would be friends if we knew each other.

I wish there could be a female team like them some time too.

Greenout
Mar 17th, 2006, 02:45 AM
:lol:

Nobody pronounced MOSCOW properly. Damn, even Phil mispronounced the city. There's no cow's in Moscow. I kept on blurting out "co" everytime a team read the destination of their next leg from the clue.

Ted of Teds Tennis
Mar 17th, 2006, 04:17 AM
If you really want to pronounce it properly, you'd need to call it Москва. :-p

It's not as bad as having to pronounce Novodevichya, however! The church is gorgeous inside, but it would have been more interesting to put the clue in the nearby cemetery next to any of the famous people's graves (Khrushchev stands out). Much more fun to watch the teams have to do some work to find the clue box.

King Aaron
Mar 17th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Favourite teams for sure is Ray/Yolanda and Wanda/Desiree. :yeah:

:lol: :haha: @ Yolanda giving them what they deserved. "Y'all should've done (or was it found?) your own Detour". Serves the frat boys & Lake/Michelle for following and then bitching to them.

Ted of Teds Tennis
Mar 18th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Oh geez, I was thinking the same thing about the music and dancers. Those roadblocks scare me.. cuz it's all about LUCK! I'm glad Ray/Yolanda found one and I think the old couple found one... I hope they did... Ray/Yolando went about it right by putting them on the floor and doing them like that.
Actually, the matryoshka dolls were part of a DETOUR, not a Road Block. I have no problem with luck-based detours; it gives the teams something to think about -- should we do the task that might be quick or might be long, or should we do the one we have control over?

It beats road blocks like doing a zip line or rappeling down the side of a building that are just a procession.

drake3781
Mar 18th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Actually, the matryoshka dolls were part of a DETOUR, not a Road Block. I have no problem with luck-based detours; it gives the teams something to think about -- should we do the task that might be quick or might be long, or should we do the one we have control over?

It beats road blocks like doing a zip line or rappeling down the side of a building that are just a procession.

Yes, and another point about them... they are not entirely luck-based. Chances of succeeding can be increased by knowing how to work methodically, be detail-oriented, and have patience.

Ted of Teds Tennis
Mar 22nd, 2006, 04:23 AM
Bump

Nice to see another dancing band this week.... Not to spoil the show, but at least this time the dancers had a purpose -- and we got to see the band torment the racers. ;-)

nbaker53
Mar 22nd, 2006, 04:23 AM
:mad: I liked the Mom & Daughter :o

Meesh
Mar 22nd, 2006, 04:25 AM
Well Mom/Daughter lost. I think the pinkies will be next as they are followers, don't use maps well or not at all, don't seem to get local help from people and don't do the road blocks/detours well.

I like Ray/Yolando, Nerds and MOJO :bounce:

I was laughing at Blake getting the drunk guy to give directions after taking him home.

Phil's face when the frat boyz mentioned tongue wrestling was hysterical... he must think they are assholes... and I don't know why he is calling them Casanova's.. please... they are assholes!

Rocketta
Mar 22nd, 2006, 05:51 AM
am I the only one who thought the old man had very nice legs? :o :tape:

I'm mad the jerks won this leg....can't stand them.. :fiery:

Dawn Marie
Mar 22nd, 2006, 05:57 AM
I am pissed that one of my favorite teams lost and i am pissed that my two least favorites got first and second place.

Ray/Yolanda need to step it up. They are both fit so what is keeping them behind?? It is time for all teams to meet up and restart from the same point in time.

nikita771
Mar 22nd, 2006, 08:26 AM
I am pissed that one of my favorite teams lost and i am pissed that my two least favorites got first and second place.

Ray/Yolanda need to step it up. They are both fit so what is keeping them behind?? It is time for all teams to meet up and restart from the same point in time.

Amen to that that! I cannot stand Lake. He just really aggravates me. I'm so upset that Ray and Yolanda lost several places. I also hate the mom and daughter team lost. I really liked them. It just goes to show you how a matter of minutes can change the dynamics of the entire race. Well...next week is another opportunity for the Tennessee twits (nothing against TN - used to live there) to falter and some of my favs to step it up.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Mar 22nd, 2006, 02:21 PM
The Hippies are darn funny.... especially the way they walk into the pitstop - BACKWARDS :lol:

And Phil's commets about the Frat Boys being Casonovas, it was spot on... with the Double D's still in the race, a potential romance is coming... THIS IS GETTING EXCITING :p

Frat Boys and Double D's: "Kiss me Eric :kiss:" ... "I love you Dani :hearts:" .... "You're sexy!! :drool:"...

Phil: Ahem.... Pitstop... :tape:

Greenout
Mar 22nd, 2006, 02:55 PM
Mother/daughter
Mom was really getting stressed. My favorite team gone...

Wonder how Elena handles her mother? :p

Reuchlin
Mar 22nd, 2006, 03:07 PM
The mother/daughter seemed to be a lot of ya'lls favourite team-- as they were mine.

Reuchlin
Mar 22nd, 2006, 03:09 PM
The old couple did the dance-- they are not making the right descisions when picking road blocks-- I think. I mean...why do the more physical tasks?

nikita771
Mar 22nd, 2006, 05:42 PM
The old couple did the dance-- they are not making the right descisions when picking road blocks-- I think. I mean...why do the more physical tasks?

I too was worried about them picking the dance because it seemed a lot more complicated when they first showed up. It turned out to be a good decision. Who knows how long they would have been breaking bottles over each other's head before they found the right one. The motorcycle was definitely their worst decision, yet somehow they made it through. That's why they are one of my favs. They work together and you can tell how much they love and respect each other. Gosh...I love that show. When I make it on there, I will give a shout out to WTA WORLD:D

moon
Mar 23rd, 2006, 12:22 AM
I'm bummed too, that the mother and daughter lost.

and mad, coz the asshole frat boys are still in it. they are disgusting. Trying to hit on the dance hall girl, I was like :rolleyes: .

anyway, I'm really liking the hippies now. especially since they were so excited for Fran and Barrie. Hopefully the fratboys or the Dani girls will be on their way next week.

ps--can't wait to see the nerds lose their tempers next week :D

Greenout
Mar 23rd, 2006, 03:48 AM

:lol:

I felt the same way. (DUH) Let's do a complicated dance instead! How many more legs of the race will they last picking the most difficult one for their age bracket?

Next week looks fun. :)

drake3781
Mar 29th, 2006, 01:36 AM
just a bump so it's ready for tonight.

Meesh
Mar 29th, 2006, 03:45 AM
Damn, Ray and Yolanda suck at maps!

Meesh
Mar 29th, 2006, 03:59 AM
Good thing Lake and his wife yielded the pinkies! That saved Yolanda/Ray

Ray/Yolanda got ahead by doing the physical challenge but then they got lost! :mad: Now they are in last place. I hope they step it up!

LOL at old dude not helping Lake! :worship:

Paldias
Mar 29th, 2006, 04:03 AM
:sad: Double Ds :sad:
:mad: Lake :fiery:

drake3781
Mar 29th, 2006, 04:03 AM
I liked Phil's reaction to the "hippies" getting their prize LOL.

Just an "OK" episode today, nothing too exciting. A bit surprised that the "pinkies" couldn't do a bit better...

Belco
Mar 29th, 2006, 04:45 AM
I love this show! :bounce:
I'm so glad they are showing it in Aus. They didn't show the family one, cause it was supposed to be so crap.

Phil is my favourite reality tv host, only after Jeff Probst.

it was VERY VERY crap

Rocketta
Mar 29th, 2006, 05:57 AM
Damn, Ray and Yolanda suck at maps!

what the hell is up with my black people and maps? :lol: Has their been one black team that read maps well and didn't get lost? :scratch:

Ray & Yolanda get it together. :lol:

and Lake and his wife might be my 2nd favorite since they helped Ray and Yolanda stay in the race. :worship:

Ok, I still don't like him but kudus for this leg at least. ;)

and it's almost unforgivable for a team not to be comfortable driving stick shifts.....it is a prominate part of the game.

oh and how funny was it when the blonde went on and on about playing the ditz but really she's smart and then they proceed to call Palermo .... Palimeno. :retard: :rolls:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Mar 29th, 2006, 02:13 PM
:sad: Double Ds :sad:
:mad: Lake :fiery:

DAMN YOU LAKE AND MICHELLE! DAMN YOU SELF-INDULGENCE, HYPERACTIVE, SCHEMING NO GOOD SOBs (especially Lake)!!! :fiery::fiery::fiery:

Thanks to them, one of my faves (Double D's) lost and got booted out! How dare you yield them!!!

Now I curse you 2 not to win this race. I loathe every second both of you show up on TV. I boo at every comment Lake makes!

I HATE YOU LAKE AND MICHELLE!!! :mad::mad::mad:

the cat
Mar 29th, 2006, 03:07 PM
No no no the Dani's are gone! :fiery: :mad: :( How the heck is it a race if they have to wait 30 minutes? :confused: That yield the appalling Lake and Michelle laid on them very likely cost them a seventh place finish and continuing in the race. :mad: Go back to your kids Lake and Michelle. Please. The Amazing Race would be better off without them. :)

And the Dani's had the statue put together and yet still had to wait longer to smooth it out. It was just crazy. But there is no way 2 girls can win The Amazing Race when they are competing against teams of men and teams of men and women.

Hey Rockie. :wavey: I'm expecting more from Ray and Yolanda and they are barely hanging on each week. And Yolanda is some spectacular athlete and woman. :D :hearts: :kiss: :drool:

Ted of Teds Tennis
Mar 29th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Am I the only person here who didn't like the Pink Girls? I'd much rather they had been eliminated last week, instead of Wanda and Desiree.

I agree that Lake's decision to yield the Pink Girls was stupid; everybody should have realized they had problems with maps from the previous leg (if not having problems with stick shift as well). They should have yielded Ray and Yolanda, on the grounds that that team has a reasonably strong man, and one of the stronger women in the race. (I don't think anybody could have known that Ray and Yolanda would get lost on the way to Sigeste.) The only reason to yield the Pink Girls is if you were trying to piss off the Male Sluts.

Rocketta
Mar 29th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Hey the Cat! :wavey: Yes Yolanda has some impressive thighs to say the least. :lol:

nikita771
Mar 29th, 2006, 05:25 PM
The Double D's had started to grow on me. I did not like that they lost. At the same time - I'm glad that Yolanda and Ray are still in it. I was so mad when they got lost. They could have been kicked back at the pit stop - waiting on the rest of the teams to finish - but instead were in a foot race with the Double D's. I hope that they can recover and move up just a couple of place. The hippies are hot right now and I don't know what it will take to beat them.

the cat
Mar 29th, 2006, 05:46 PM
It's not just her thighs Rockie. ;)

Ted, you are in the minority about the Pink Girls. But you are right about how foolish it was of Lake and Michelle to use a Yield on the Pink Girls and not a team that could beat them.

gorecki
Mar 29th, 2006, 06:10 PM
love the locations for this leg of the race :yeah:

watching Lake this episode was so aggravating :explode: from the start till the end. :fiery: i'd love to see his reaction should he and his wife get yielded :devil: providing they last long enough till the next leg with the yield :angel: :bigwave:

getting :yawn: of the hippies and the frat boys in the lead...

Greenout
Mar 30th, 2006, 06:51 AM
I too was starting to like the DD's. I thought it was funny how Lake was claiming that victory as if it was such a huge, huge deal. Geez, doing the [Yield] on a couple of 22 year girls, and acting as if it's this macho great team spirit win was goofy.

Lake's poor Wife. If he'd back her up more, and shut up it would help her read directions, and figure out plan C,D, and E for air routes.

Loving the locations this time around. :)

It's so much better to have the roadblocks, tasks revolve around local things rather than generic rope climbing, bungee jumping, etc...

Next week fun with Fish markets! :lol:

Greenout
Apr 5th, 2006, 09:40 AM
FYI folks- As you may know. CBS has moved the show to Wednesday night at 8pm instead of Tuesday.

For everybody else viewing it internationally- we will see it on Thursday night instead of Wednesday night. Got it. :)

ZeroSOFInfinity
Apr 5th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Jeez!!! I got the shock of my life when the Amazing Race didn't show up at AXN today.. . taught they had cancelled it! They should have informed us about it... :)

Meesh
Apr 5th, 2006, 04:05 PM
FYI folks- As you may know. CBS has moved the show to Wednesday night at 8pm instead of Tuesday.

Same night and time as America's Next Top Model....looks like I'll be taping ANTM and watching AR! :bounce:

drake3781
Apr 6th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Let me ask you a question about the "Nerds". Do people actually act like that, saying "I love you every 2 minutes and kissing every 3? Because I've never been that way or known anyone who is. It's obnoxious; can you imagine spending a day with them???? :confused: :tape: :eek:

Greenout
Apr 6th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Let me ask you a question about the "Nerds". Do people actually act like that, saying "I love you every 2 minutes and kissing every 3? Because I've never been that way or known anyone who is. It's obnoxious; can you imagine spending a day with them???? :confused: :tape: :eek:

Yes, until they get married! :tape: ;)

I felt tricked tonight. It really felt like a non-elimination round. Sad to see the Nerds go because that girl, what's her name that cried at the fish market. She's whiny and really got on my nerves.

The Old couple is growing on me. Can't believe they've gone this far. :)

gorecki
Apr 6th, 2006, 04:40 PM

For everybody else viewing it internationally- we will see it on Thursday night instead of Wednesday night. Got it. :)
oh. i didn't realise till i saw the trailer for the 2nd telecast on earlier today.
kinda distracted and totally forgotten all about this week's episode.

Rocketta
Apr 6th, 2006, 05:42 PM
whewwwww, I'm just glad Ray and Yolanda didn't get the boot....the show needs to let everyone catch up again.

bee
Apr 7th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Glad... the nerds are gone!!!
Go HIPPIES!!

Harju.
Apr 7th, 2006, 04:26 PM
I love the nerds. :bigcry:. The only team that I like is Ray and Yolanda. They need to step it up.

Denise4925
Apr 7th, 2006, 05:02 PM
I love the nerds. :bigcry:. The only team that I like is Ray and Yolanda. They need to step it up.
Yeah they do. It's like why are they walking so slow??? When they were counting, they were walking around that thing, instead of running. I guess they were tired from walking around to find the place from where they parked their car. That was smart of them to park and walk though, because they got ahead of the Nerds. Hopefully something will give them a leg up on the next leg of the race. I like their looks and their personality. They are a beautiful couple. I hope they make it far. Otherwise it will be very boring with the Hippies (extrememly annoying) and the Frat boys (extrememly typical and boring). The older couple is interesting and Lake and his wife are good for a laugh at his expense. The girl who was crying in the fish market and her boyfriend are unremarkable, so much so i don't know their names and forget that they are in the race.

King Aaron
Apr 8th, 2006, 07:55 PM
The only team that I like left is Ray & Yolanda. They got to start moving though. Horrible at maps :o :help: but at least both of them are physically fit, that should help with the challenges.

Am I the only one that doesn't like the old couple? :confused:

Meesh
Apr 13th, 2006, 02:41 AM
Lake and Michelle are gone :bounce: I didn't know they had kids. Those poor kids had to watch there dad call their mom a bitch on tv... what an ASS :rolleyes:

Finally Ray and Yolanda making good strides. When that old lady bungy jumped I screamed so loud... her reaction was hysterical.

Gooooo Ray and Yolanda... and the HIPPIES :)

gorecki
Apr 13th, 2006, 03:45 PM
loved the pitstop for this leg! Fortress of Rion :yeah:
and them challenges! :yeah:
them hippies.......Hercules! Hercules! :lol:

Ted of Teds Tennis
Apr 13th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Bump

I, too, am glad Lake is gone.

I'm surprised nobody's commented on Barry's driving. At least they didn't get a penalty for breaking the rear window.

The road block was boring because it was just a procession, and that sort of road block is always boring. The detour wasn't that bad, because the "archeology" thing was actually easier, although the description made it sound more difficult.

It was nice to see a large portion of this leg had to do with being able to read maps, something at which Fran and Barry are good. The next time they get a really physical task, though, they'll probably get eliminated.

It's too bad the Male Sluts got the Fast Forward....

King Aaron
Apr 13th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Happy that Lake and Michelle are gone. And I thought I heard wrongly when he called Michelle a "bitch". :o

:lol: Did anybody laugh when he was so stressed? Michelle had to comfort him. :spit:

Ray and Yolanda :yeah: finally.

:tape: :eek: @ Barry ramming into the tree. :lol:

drake3781
Apr 13th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Will not miss Lake and wife.

What's everyone like about Ray and Yolanda? They haven't stood out in any way to me (or remind me what I'm forgetting).

Fran and Barry....... has the older couple ever won an AR? Would be nice if they did just for a change. I cannot believe she jumped off that bridge, as scared as she was.

Monica is actually reasonably smart, appreciating Rome and Athens and knowing a bit about history, and mentioning it as important to her. More than I expected anyway.

The two guys........ are they acutally doing anything bad, or do we just no like them??

The hippies........ my favs. They like everyone and have fun. A bit like one of the teams last season or the season before (I think the won) who took time to enjoy everything.

Tratree
Apr 13th, 2006, 08:12 PM
The two guys........ are they acutally doing anything bad, or do we just no like them??

Mainly for me it's because they're the biggest TOOLS in the world.

griffin
Apr 13th, 2006, 09:08 PM
What's everyone like about Ray and Yolanda? They haven't stood out in any way to me (or remind me what I'm forgetting).

Yolanda's tights. :angel:

I love the Hippies - they're competing their asses off and still being decent and helpful to other people. Love 'em, and they just crack me up.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 13th, 2006, 10:08 PM
It was sad to see the hippies get kind of frustrated - I didn't think they had any negative thoughts. But, I was glad to see them move on up to 5th place :)

moon
Apr 14th, 2006, 12:36 AM
I like Ray and Yolanda's "tights" :angel:
And I'm happy they finally moved up in the ranks!

Good riddance to Michelle and Lake :D
The next round HAS to be non-elimination right? They haven't had one yet, unless I'm forgetting something.

Those frat boys are really annoying. But so far they seem to be doing everything right. Hopefully they'll slip up soon.

Ted of Teds Tennis
Apr 14th, 2006, 03:50 AM
I think the Male Sluts already slipped up by going for the Fast Forward. If they think they're stronger than the other teams, they shouldn't go for the first Fast Forward.

Besides, didn't Monica and Joseph get to the taverna first? The Male Sluts simply got lucky that they found the plate with the Fast Forward flag.

griffin
Apr 14th, 2006, 02:54 PM
I think the Male Sluts already slipped up by going for the Fast Forward. If they think they're stronger than the other teams, they shouldn't go for the first Fast Forward.

Besides, didn't Monica and Joseph get to the taverna first? The Male Sluts simply got lucky that they found the plate with the Fast Forward flag.

Much as I dislike them - and I do - I thought it was a smart move. They didn't need it to win, but the shortcut gave them extra time to rest (and far less opportunity to take a wrong turn on the road and screw themselves).

Ted of Teds Tennis
Apr 20th, 2006, 03:52 AM
Bump

{WARNING: Spoilers galore ahead}

Quick synopsis of the episode:

Teams make their way from Patras to Muscat, Oman. There, they have to find their next clue at a giant incense burner.

Teams make their way from the cluebox a long drive to the coastal town of Sur for a DETOUR: Transport a camel, or search for clues in some watch towers. MoJo, the Hippies, and the Old Couple go for the watchtowers; the Frat Boys go for the camel. Ray and Yolanda arrive late; apparently they suck at reading maps. MoJo have difficulty finding the clues in the watchtowers, so they switch to doing the camels. The Frat Boys get lost delivering their camels. When Ray and Yolanda arrive, they do the camels as well.

From Sur, the teams have to travel to some hole in the wall (sorry, I don't remember the village name, and it's not on my map). There, they have a ROAD BLOCK: Dig through approximately 10 dozen sand mounds to find one of six traditional Omani meals. Order arriving at the Road Block: Old Couple and the Hippies first, followed by MoJo, Frat Boys, and eventually, Ray and Yolanda.

Monica finds the meal first (yeah, she did the digging) followed by Barry, and one of the Frat Boys, Yolanda (I think she did the digging), and (eventually) BJ. The clue here was to proceed to the PIT STOP, a castle in Nizwa.

Fran and Barry are good with maps, so they overhauled MoJo to finish first! They won a trip to Rome for winning this leg.
MoJo finished second.
The Frat Boys stupidly tried to take a short cut, and they were passed by Ray and Yolanda.
The producers tried to create artificial suspense before revealing that the Frat Boys finished fourth and the Hippies last.

HOWEVER, this was a NON-ELIMINATION leg!

Highlights: The teams had to drive through a flooded wadi, and were guided by a guy who looked older than the hills. Also, seeing the Frat Boys make dumb mistakes, as well as seeing the oldsters win a leg.

Lowlights: Ray and Yolanda are really bickering on this leg

Meesh
Apr 20th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Glad this was a non elimination round!!!! Bad luck for the hypies... geez first to arrive and last to get done that detour.

Meesh
Apr 20th, 2006, 03:57 AM
Favorite part of this episode was one of the hippies imitating Lake! :lol::lol:

Rocketta
Apr 20th, 2006, 04:36 AM

That was hilarious especially the part where they were saying "We're Partners now" :lol:

also funny when Yolanda was saying "Tell your Mama to dig over there" .. :tape: :lol:

Rocketta
Apr 20th, 2006, 04:38 AM
Much as I dislike them - and I do - I thought it was a smart move. They didn't need it to win, but the shortcut gave them extra time to rest (and far less opportunity to take a wrong turn on the road and screw themselves).

and now all that advantage is toast.... :lol:

I sooooo wished they had finished last....but I guess I'll have to settle for next to last....with a big prayer for last next week and that it's an elimination leg.

nikita771
Apr 20th, 2006, 04:57 PM

He sounded just like him!!!!

Denise4925
Apr 20th, 2006, 05:35 PM
They showed a Spurs game instead of the Amazing Race. So, I'm not sure if it came on at a later time or what. I'm so frustrated that we didn't get a chance to see it. :rolleyes: But, thanks for the spoiler. :D

griffin
Apr 20th, 2006, 05:44 PM
SPOILER - Denise, don't read this ;)

All I can say is, as willing as they've been to help and encourage other teams, if the other teams DON'T help the Hippies out with cash, etc., I'm gonna hate them all.

Rocketta
Apr 20th, 2006, 05:57 PM
All I can say is, as willing as they've been to help and encourage other teams, if the other teams DON'T help the Hippies out with cash, etc., I'm gonna hate them all.

Word! :armed:

however, I have no doubt that Ray & Yolanda will help out or should I say I have no doubt Yolanda will help out. :lol:

Did anyone notice them hurdle that barrier when they were running to the ferry clue box......graceful. :hearts:

griffin
Apr 20th, 2006, 06:03 PM
I was touched by Yolanda's concern for the Camel's elbows, as well.

Ray flipping her off? This was less amusing.

Rocketta
Apr 20th, 2006, 06:10 PM

Yeah what Ray did was a little shocking but I think their main problem is they joke too much and then someone goes to far and then the other is mad...blah blah blah....they are still pretty young they will learn somethings shouldn't be said even if your joking.

Yeah Yolanda was concerned for the camel and for the Hippy and she was quite encouraging to him to continue trying. For a minute there I thought she was about to offer her found bag too him.....:tape: .... Let's just say Ray would've given her more than just the finger. :lol:

Denise4925
Apr 20th, 2006, 06:25 PM

Maybe he's pissed cause he can't get any. :p I wonder if they do give the couples some alone time during the race. I don't understand why they were fighting. What started it?

BTW, I don't mind the spoilers. I was thanking the person for it because I didn't get a chance to see the episode.

moon
Apr 21st, 2006, 03:06 AM
SPOILER - Denise, don't read this ;)

I'm pretty certain Fran and Barry will help them out, even if nobody else does. I'd be shocked if the majority of the teams didn't give them something. Although I can see MOJO probably not giving them anything.

btw--Ray and Yolanda. I felt like some of what caused their arguing must have been edited out. It just seemed to come from nowhere initially.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Apr 21st, 2006, 03:26 AM

I think I remember what BJ (or was it Tyler) said in the bus (not that clearly):-

"We are now riding with the ghosts of our past racemates. On our left is Lake and Michelle (BOO!), and Lake is yapping at us (something that I can't remember) 'We're partners now... remember that... we're partners. We're partners!" And behind them are the Nerds Dave and Lori... Awww, look at them :kiss: together. And sitting behind us are the Double D's (MISS THEM :sad: ) [they then proceed to do high-5's with "them"]

The Hippies are darn freaking excellent jokers... the way they immitate Lake was brilliant - sounded JUST LIKE HIM! :lol: :lol: :lol:

drake3781
Apr 21st, 2006, 03:55 AM
I was soooooooooo happy that it was a non-elimination round! I really do love those hippies. :hearts: I think it's funny how they are called "the hippies" too, that name seems so oddly funny. :p I like all the other teams but have no special feelings about them.

PointBlank
Apr 27th, 2006, 02:55 AM
Im sad Fran and Barry left. :sad:. I hate when old people leave the show even if I didnt like them.

I really hope Eric and Jeremy or Ray and Yolanda win.

I have to say if Eric and Jeremy lost, I wouldnt watch it as much, anyone else?

Xanadu11
Apr 27th, 2006, 03:41 AM
What was the order tonight of the teams?

Fran and Barry :sad: How did they go from first to last?

Vut
Apr 27th, 2006, 03:45 AM
:eek: Fran and Barry... they are better than I expected.

Meesh
Apr 27th, 2006, 05:40 AM
What was the order tonight of the teams?

Fran and Barry :sad: How did they go from first to last?

1. Frat Boys
2. Mo-jo (two feet behind the Frat Boys)
3. Hippies
4. Ray/Yolanda

Meesh
Apr 27th, 2006, 05:42 AM
Wow, I was surprised how much Mo-Jo dislikes the hippies. I was glad the hippies got money from Fran/Berry and Ray/Yolando.

Ted of Teds Tennis
Apr 27th, 2006, 02:37 PM
They went from first to last as the result of getting some really hard luck: The teams were on an island off the coast of Fremantle, Australia, and when they were about to catch the ferry back, Fran and Barry stopped to call and have a taxi waiting for them on the other side.

That taxi never showed up.

I'm sad to see Fran and Barry go, and really want to see the Male Sluts go next.

moon
Apr 28th, 2006, 03:23 AM
Wow, I was surprised how much Mo-Jo dislikes the hippies. I was glad the hippies got money from Fran/Berry and Ray/Yolando.

Mo-jo are a couple of asses. all they do is whine about how they have crappy luck. That and throw tantrums when things don't go their way. It a real shame when a couple like them get to stay and great competitors like Fran and Barry have to go.

King Aaron
Apr 28th, 2006, 07:41 PM
I'm just happy Ray/Yolanda did not get eliminated. They are SO slow. It annoys the hell out of me.

Hippies or Ray/Yolanda better win. Don't want frat boys or MoJo to win. :o

"Yo' mama got some pattern goin'". :spit: ROTF.

Rocketta
Apr 29th, 2006, 04:54 AM
I'm just happy Ray/Yolanda did not get eliminated. They are SO slow. It annoys the hell out of me.

I know Yolanda was funny then...and all I can say Is I hope it's one of those groups winning too because the other two are so annoying. Blech!

nikita771
Apr 29th, 2006, 03:13 PM

You are SOOO right. I'm sitting there screaming that it's a RACE!!! I can never figure out how everyone catches up and they somehow always manage to end up at the back of the pack. They have absolutely no sense of urgency about winning $1,000,000. I would be running over folks to get to the next pitstop. I just hope that they can keep plugging along - kind of like the tortoise - and make it to the finals.

Denise4925
May 1st, 2006, 09:08 PM
You are SOOO right. I'm sitting there screaming that it's a RACE!!! I can never figure out how everyone catches up and they somehow always manage to end up at the back of the pack. They have absolutely no sense of urgency about winning $1,000,000. I would be running over folks to get to the next pitstop. I just hope that they can keep plugging along - kind of like the tortoise - and make it to the finals.
I think we were all thinking the same thing on this last leg about Ray and Yolanda...how the hell do you always end up in the back of the pack. Hopefully, the next leg is non-elimination because I have a feeling they are going to be last. :rolleyes:

drake3781
May 4th, 2006, 04:53 AM
bump

drake3781
May 4th, 2006, 04:59 AM
Go hippies!!! :bigclap: :bigclap:

I never understood why MoJo didn't like the hippies in the first place - how did the animosity get started? :confused:

Meesh
May 4th, 2006, 05:53 AM
I don't understand the animosity either. I thought maybe I missed a week.

I'm so glad Ray and Yolanda finally grasped the concept of a MAP!! THey were on tonight. They did everything right! Picked the right challenges.

It's funny how MOJO is complaining that the hippies are playing a trick game when Joseph was standing right by the frat boys laughing while he was cancelling the cabs. MOJO was one of my favorite teams up until a few episodes ago.

:lol: Ray's comment about MO of MOJO ... something about the gators and a barbie. I can't remember it all but it was hysterical! :lol::lol:

GO RAY/YOLANDA and HIPPIES!!!!!!!

Rocketta
May 4th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Go Ray Ray!! :dance:

Go Yo Yo!! :dance:

Man, MoJo are big old :baby: with all the :sobbing: and the :shout:

:rolleyes:

Also, did I hear Eric or Jeremy call the other baby when they were running to the clue for the sky diving? :o :o

drake3781
May 4th, 2006, 06:46 AM
I don't have any problem with Mo's crying. She was not sobbing or outrageous........ just your basic stress tears. It's pretty natural for a lot of girls, it doesn't mean she is a crybaby - that is something completely different. It was Jo that was causing all the trouble.

Rocketta
May 4th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Please crying followed by "It's not fair!" and "Look where they parked!" followed by another "It's not fair" is an example of a big old :baby:

Xanadu11
May 4th, 2006, 07:04 AM
The Hippies :hearts:

It's all Karma, they are so going to win this race. I can feel it. If not I want Ray and Yolanda to win.

Mojo :rolleyes:

drake3781
May 4th, 2006, 07:06 AM
Please crying followed by "It's not fair!" and "Look where they parked!" followed by another "It's not fair" is an example of a big old :baby:

I know how you feel; I have a different viewpoint.

drake3781
May 4th, 2006, 07:09 AM
The Hippies :hearts:

It's all Karma, they are so going to win this race. I can feel it. If not I want Ray and Yolanda to win.

Mojo :rolleyes:

Talk about Karma!!! Last place in T-W-O non-elimination rounds!!

One of the hippies had NO SHOES at the final touchpad......... wonder if they will let him get his shoes at least?!?

Now will anyone help them? They do have a car to get to the next destination, so won't need a cab right away. MoJo won't help them... maybe a few bucks from Ray/Yo and Frat Boys(?).

ZeroSOFInfinity
May 4th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Wow...this has to be the best episode of Amazing Race... EVER :)

We had Mojo and Frat Boys playing "tricks" on the Hippies and the Athletes by calling their cab off... and Mojo took the fall (because Frat Boys kept quiet about it, and their cab also failed to arrive.:lol:)

We got a tight footrace at the RoadBlock where the Hippies yield Mojo, and made them lag behind, making Monica cry... :rolleyes:

... which in fact was useless, because they took the wrong Detour and lagged behind with the Frat Boys, before Mojo showed up together with them...:smash:

...and Joseph flipping off the Hippies... :haha:

... before all three teams went on the GREATEST FOOTRACE ever... :eek:

... and BJ somehow took a "shortcut" across the rocks which cost the Hippies 3rd... :tape:

... and they were (somehow) spared elimination...:confused:

...but BJ will have no shoes for the next leg (wonder how he's going to run in the next leg)...

... and all we can say is... WOW!!! :worship:

I can't wait for next week's episode ;)

azmad_88
May 4th, 2006, 04:09 PM
mojo must go next..they are annoying!

Denise4925
May 4th, 2006, 04:24 PM
I'm so happy Ray and Yolanda got first :banana: Finally :rolleyes: Anyway, Mo is a big :baby: :rolleyes: She crys for everything, that's why Jo keeps telling her not to cry. Regarding the frat boys, karma is a bitch, isn't it :lol: I'm glad it's non-elimination again for the hippies. The feud between them and MoJo makes the show interesting.

Julian
May 4th, 2006, 04:32 PM
i LOVED this episode!

the tension between the hippies..frat boys and mojo (i like these names hehe) are wat makes this show interesting

i can totally see ray and yolana win this if they keep playing like they did last night..thats if they stop getting lost

im probably cruel but i laughed when mo was crying. jo: "u have to grow up and stop crying. mo: "im not crying..shut up!" *sob

lol!

also laughed when the frat boys cab didnt show up
laughed at how small the crocs were
laughed at the frat boy flirting with Mo in front of Jo
and LAUGHED at the foot race!
BJ was soo stupid! lol
and the no shoe thing..that is hilarioius

sorry this was a funny episode haha

Denise4925
May 4th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Go Ray Ray!! :dance:

Go Yo Yo!! :dance:

Man, MoJo are big old :baby: with all the :sobbing: and the :shout:

:rolleyes:

Also, did I hear Eric or Jeremy call the other baby when they were running to the clue for the sky diving? :o :o
I don't know about that, but the blond frat boy was hitting on Yolanda big time when Ray was skydiving. :lol: Talking about, "yo Yolanda, it's a good thing you're with Ray and not single, because if you were, you'd be in big trouble with me" :hehehe: :p Nice line...you go fratty. :lol:

azmad_88
May 4th, 2006, 04:37 PM
this kinda episode is highly needed to let us be glued to AR..ive neevr missed a single episode from the first season...so hopefully we can have an all star season!

Rocketta
May 4th, 2006, 04:38 PM
The Hippies did get on my nerve being so passive....they should've said, "bitch Please!" to Monica when she was talking that :bs: about not playing mind games. :lol:

Rocketta
May 4th, 2006, 04:41 PM
this kinda episode is highly needed to let us be glued to AR..ive neevr missed a single episode from the first season...so hopefully we can have an all star season!

ohh, an all-star season would be great! :bounce:

Kim & Chip, Uchina & Joyce... :bounce: I wonder if Reichen and Chip would get back together for it? :D

griffin
May 4th, 2006, 05:55 PM

Yeah, it's not the crying, it's the whining that gets me. And the giggling about the Frat boys cancelling other people's cabs, but acting all persecuted when they get yielded. And whining....

BJ not putting his shoes on is probably what cost them a 3rd place finish. Dumb. Dumb move - they knew it was going to be a foot race.

Rocketta
May 4th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Yeah, it's not the crying, it's the whining that gets me. And the giggling about the Frat boys cancelling other people's cabs, but acting all persecuted when they get yielded. And whining....

BJ not putting his shoes on is probably what cost them a 3rd place finish. Dumb. Dumb move - they knew it was going to be a foot race.

you're right but he was driving so he couldn't put his shoes on then...had he put his shoes on before he got in the car they probably would've been third. :(

I like the hippies but sometimes they are just not aggressive enough. :(

King Aaron
May 5th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Ray and Yolanda! :woohoo: :banana: Finally! It's about damn time they got their shit together and not get lost. :o :lol:

:spit: :haha: When they said black people won't be dumb enough to step into a pool of gators. And after a long pause, Yolanda was like "or are they?". :lol:

Frat Boys and MoJo are such wuss'. If one of them wins...:banghead:

And :lol: BJ, tries to take a shortcut but ends up causing them to be last.

Rocketta
May 11th, 2006, 02:08 AM
I'm so happy MoJo is gone! :woohoo:

Come on Ray and Yolanda or the Hippies! :bounce: :bounce:

drake3781
May 11th, 2006, 04:27 AM
I'm so happy MoJo is gone! :woohoo:

Come on Ray and Yolanda or the Hippies! :bounce: :bounce:

What!?! No baby-face smilies about Monica? :lol: That's all I could think of when she was crying at the end........... :tape: about what Rocketta will be saying. :lol:

Rocketta
May 11th, 2006, 12:07 PM
What!?! No baby-face smilies about Monica? :lol: That's all I could think of when she was crying at the end........... :tape: about what Rocketta will be saying. :lol:

nope being eliminated was enough for me. :banana:

I can almost be happy with whoever wins...the pervs have at least toned it down in the 2nd half of the race and were almost nice by giving bj some sandals...still hope they don't win though. :tape:

Meesh
May 11th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Another great episode. I thought when I saw Yolanda put on that shirt that they were in the wrong place. I was screaming at the tv. Then someone reminded me that the other teams were all male and didn't need to cover up.

I was shocked when the frat boys gave their flip flops to the hippies. Finally something nice and they didn't make any perverted remarks today either.

nikita771
May 11th, 2006, 12:52 PM
I'm so happy that Ray and Yolanda have made it to the final 3. I was worried when they had to stop. I was just relieved when they hit the mat and was told that they were team number 3. They really are a nice, cool couple and I have found it hard not to like them - even though their slowness has given me a couple of coronaries. I want them to win definitely.

bee
May 11th, 2006, 01:54 PM
I am so happy to see MOJO go... :)
They made a series of mistakes in the beginning...
They picked the wrong task to do in the end...

So happy for the HIPPIES!!!
So happy for RAY and YOLANDA... :)

Rocketta
May 11th, 2006, 02:01 PM
It was hilarious when Yolanda was like, "we're from the south we'll eat anything fried." then after eating one they look at each other like ain't no way in hell I can eat all these. :lol:

Denise4925
May 11th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Yeah, Hippies and Ray and Yolanda :banana: I've grown to like the frat boys a little better, so let the final leg begin and may the best couple win :D

Oh Meesh, I think they made Yolanda put something on because they said she needed to cover herself more. She had on a sleeveless top and those skin tight pants, because they didn't make Mo cover up. Although, the lady greeting them at the mat had bare shoulders, so I'm confused about the whole cover up thing :confused:

drake3781
May 12th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Two - Hour Finale
Wednesday May 17 8PM ET/PT

One Team is ecstatic when the learn the location of the next destination, a place they've been to and where they know the language.

Little mistakes can cost big when the finish line is so close, and one team wastes a lot of time looking for equipment needed for a challenge? Will this be the difference between first and second place?

The last two legs of the challenge are both mentally and physically grueling. Which duo will win the one million dollars?

moon
May 12th, 2006, 01:51 AM
Did you guys hear Joseph say he appreciated how Monica kept it together and supported him at the end?:lol: She was having a break down every freakin episode!

I don't care if Ray & Yolanda or the hippies win. I like both teams. Anybody but the frat boys!

Vut
May 12th, 2006, 04:10 AM
:yeah: Ray and Yolanda

drake3781
May 18th, 2006, 02:58 AM
WARNING: Spolier below............................

Congratulations to the lovely hippies!! Great ending. :bigclap: :banana: :rocker2:

Also to frat boys and ray/yolanda......... nicely done.

bw2082
May 18th, 2006, 02:59 AM
congrats Hippies! :yeah:

FLL
May 18th, 2006, 03:22 AM
:bounce: Great result! Well done BJ and Tyler :yeah:

Rocketta
May 18th, 2006, 03:24 AM
I'm happy the Hippies won but let's be real that was a setup, Japan, a whole bunch of navigation and little physical. :lol:

Ray and Yolanda reverted back to slow pokes. :tape:

but they had the right attitude at the end unlike the 'Frat Girls' like Ray calls them. :yeah:

Sally Struthers
May 18th, 2006, 03:50 AM
I'm happy the Hippies won but let's be real that was a setup, Japan, a whole bunch of navigation and little physical. :lol:

The things are planned in advanced. How are they supposed to know the hippies would have made it to that stage of the race? :shrug:

nikita771
May 18th, 2006, 04:27 AM
I was pulling for Ray and Yolanda, but the Hippies did a wonderful job and deserved to win.

Rocketta
May 18th, 2006, 04:36 AM
The things are planned in advanced. How are they supposed to know the hippies would have made it to that stage of the race? :shrug:
They didn't know the Hippies would make it to that stage but they chose to make Japan one of the last legs just in case they did...ie, if they made it that far it would be a good thing if they won.

it's not unusual for them to pick a location that one of the teams is very familiar with....like the last leg one cycle being in San Francisco and it being the home of one of the competitors. It brings a new dynamic to the game but picking a leg in a foreign country that one of the competitors has walked on foot and speaks the language fluently is an unfair advantage.

Xanadu11
May 18th, 2006, 06:40 AM
Not everything is a fucking conspiracy. Jerry Bruckhiemer, does the 'race' himself like a year before the teams are even choosen, it takes a very long time to map out, figure out challenges etc. Picking the contestants is the last thing they do, so I doubt they would have tailored it to one of the teams.

So glad the hippies won :hearts:

Rocketta
May 18th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Not everything is a fucking conspiracy.

and everything is not always random either...that's what we are suppose to believe right....they randomly picked the hippies who just happened to have a person fluent in Japenese. They just randomly picked that New Orleans family not knowing they were going to do a New Orleans leg in the family edition. They just randomly picked that guy who just happened to be from San Francisco. If you want to believe that a show plans out all the details except that....fine with me but there's nothing conspiracy about it. It's just realistic.

Martian KC
May 18th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Congrats BJ & Tyler.

Greenout
May 18th, 2006, 05:13 PM
I thought the hippies were too smug in Japan, but the final task was brilliant. The flags of the countries visited.

This was more like the early TAR's, and I actually liked two of the final 3 teams. The himbo's were actually funny in the end, but the hippies were great throughout the race. Yolanda was super- "you look like Janet Jackson!" :p

But, I have a question? Where the hell did they get the snow jackets from? Did the crew give them that. Clothes in Tokyo is hella expensive, I can't believe they had enough money to purchase them there. Damn- the parking cost in that Sakamoto building must've cost an arm and a leg.

Fun- really great teams this time around. :)

azmad_88
May 19th, 2006, 02:44 AM
i thought frat boys deserved to lose!....their attitude suck..

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
May 19th, 2006, 04:46 AM
Great episode with good final 3. After that final leg, it's amazing that Ray and Yolanda were able to make top 3. Where the hell was the sense of urgency in them? GRR!

Glad the hippies won - my heart was beating a mile a minute and did not want the frat boys to win! :D

Great episode - excited for next season :)

Denise4925
May 19th, 2006, 04:51 AM
Congrats to the hippies. Any one of the three teams winning would have been okay with me. The Frat boys were very funny in the end and calmed down considerably. I loved the spirit of Ray and Yolanda, I just hate their slow pokeness. :lol:

Greenout
May 20th, 2006, 02:37 AM
Great episode with good final 3. After that final leg, it's amazing that Ray and Yolanda were able to make top 3. Where the hell was the sense of urgency in them? GRR!

I suspect the Japan leg was very tough for Ray/Yolanda, and the Frat boys.
The non-language skill was stressful- and the flight to Alaska must've been tough. Stopping in Taipei- too.

The last route back to Colorado should've been the simplest, yet Ray/Yolanda, and the Frats were so travel fatigued.

It wasn't the sense of urgency that was missing IMHO- they were too exhausted with jet lag.

The East to West air route is a bitch!

Still, I liked how Ray and Yolanda could bang heads, yet be so gentle and supportive of each other. Are they still together?

azmad_88
May 20th, 2006, 05:52 AM
Well Ray and Yolanda have cars....so they still went home with something

Lady
May 21st, 2006, 05:32 PM
Still, I liked how Ray and Yolanda could bang heads, yet be so gentle and supportive of each other. Are they still together?

He proposed a couple of days ago! ;)

I hated the hippies, so fake, so smug and everything. That's why Iwas sure they'd win, my most hated teams always win. :(

Rocketta
May 21st, 2006, 05:50 PM
He proposed a couple of days ago! ;)

I hated the hippies, so fake, so smug and everything. That's why Iwas sure they'd win, my most hated teams always win. :(

The only couple I hated who won was freddie and Kendra...what an evil nasty pair of people. :(

I hope Ray and Yolanda are extremely happy and successful in their marriage. I want to see her parents because she comes across as mixed to me..I don't know what combination though....black/white or black/hispanic??

Do you know since you seem to be up on the TAR personal gossip? :D

King Aaron
May 21st, 2006, 06:47 PM
Congratulations to the Hippies. :)

:tape: Ray and Yolanda were so SLOW. :tape: :o :(

FLL
May 21st, 2006, 07:18 PM
The leg to Japan didn't give BJ and Tyler an edge after all.. The people that make the show can't plan that a team will reach that leg anyway.. And Eric and Jeremy had the race won in Colorado.. They just sucked at putting the flags together...

Rocketta
May 21st, 2006, 07:51 PM
Race' couple Ray Whitty and Yolanda Brown-Moore get engaged

By Steve Rogers, 05/19/2006

Becoming the latest reality TV couple to follow in the footsteps of former Survivor and The Amazing Race contestants Amber Brkich (http://www.realitytvworld.com/realitytvdb/amber-brkich/person-2) and Rob Mariano (http://www.realitytvworld.com/realitytvdb/rob-mariano/person-4), Ray Whitty and Yolanda Brown-Moore, who finished third (http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/%22hippies%22-bj-averell-and-tyler-macniven-win-the-amazing-race-9-4145.php) in Wednesday night's broadcast of The Amazing Race 9's finale, got engaged on live television during their Thursday morning appearance on CBS's The Early Show program.

After presenting their individual $500,000 prize checks to The Amazing Race 9 winners BJ Averell and Tyler Macniven, Race host Phil Keoghan announced that before the show segment ended, Ray had "something to say about his experience on the race."

"I think the race was, I mean, it was a once in a lifetime experience and I mean, you got to hang out with hippies and frat boys but, most of all, sharing the race with Yolanda," Ray began. Then, rising from his chair on the outdoor platform on which The Amazing Race 9's final three teams were sitting, he grabbed Yolanda's hand and continued. "I would have not been here if it wasn't for you and you're like everything I've dreamed of my whole life." "Will you marry me," he added as he got down on one knee and produced a ring.

After a crying Yolanda replied 'Yes,' Early Show staffers wheeled in some cake and champagne and Phil led The Amazing Race 9's entire cast in a toast to the newly engaged couple. As the morning show segment ended, a still surprised Yolanda was expressing her amazement that seemingly everyone but her had known of Ray's obviously pre-arranged plan.

Since Rob's live Survivor: All-Stars finale proposal (http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/amber-brkich-wins-survivor-all-stars-gets-engaged-runner-up-rob-mariano-2546.php) (conducted before Survivor host Jeff Probst had revealed whether he or fellow Final 2 finalist Amber had won the show's $1,000,000 prize), at least three other former male reality stars have followed Rob's lead and proposed on live television (although unlike Rob, none of them were proposing to soon-to-be millionaires.)

After finishing second on The Amazing Race 5, Colin Guinn (http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/person.php?p=83) proposed to race partner Christie Woods (http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/person.php?p=82) during their own similar post-finale appearance (http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the-amazing-race-5-runner-ups-colin-guinn-and-christie-woods-get-engaged-on-live-tv-2919.php) on The Early Show. Earlier this spring, The Biggest Loser 2 winner Matt Hoover (http://www.realitytvworld.com/realitytvdb/matt-hoover/person-553) proposed to Suzy Preston (http://www.realitytvworld.com/realitytvdb/suzy-preston/person-550), who finished third on the second edition of the NBC reality weight loss show, during a joint appearance (http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/biggest-losers-matt-hoover-and-suzy-preston-get-engaged-on-tv-1007895.php) on NBC's The Today Show morning program.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
May 21st, 2006, 08:48 PM
Awww - good on them. They were an enjoyable couple and I really did enjoy their attitude, just wish they had more fire in them.

Vut
May 22nd, 2006, 09:29 AM
congrats!

Meesh
May 22nd, 2006, 04:06 PM
The only couple I hated who won was freddie and Kendra...what an evil nasty pair of people. :(

I hope Ray and Yolanda are extremely happy and successful in their marriage. I want to see her parents because she comes across as mixed to me..I don't know what combination though....black/white or black/hispanic??

YOu can look her up on the University of Florida website... she was on track team.

I'm glad the hippies won... I wanted Ray / Yolanda to win but I'm ok w/ the hippies...

Hippies were on Best Week Ever (VH1) and accepted an award for the teamm that blended in the most! :lol: They accepted the award and spoke Japanese the whole time... then they showed all the times they spoke the language.. it was funny.

Rocketta
May 22nd, 2006, 05:15 PM
YOu can look her up on the University of Florida website... she was on track team.

I'm glad the hippies won... I wanted Ray / Yolanda to win but I'm ok w/ the hippies...

Hippies were on Best Week Ever (VH1) and accepted an award for the teamm that blended in the most! :lol: They accepted the award and spoke Japanese the whole time... then they showed all the times they spoke the language.. it was funny.

Yeah the Hippies always made it a point to speak some phrases in the native language no matter what country they were in. They were always respectful....they did get a little smug in Japan but who wouldn't with that kind of advantage. :lol:

I'll definitely look up Yolanda on the website. Thanks. :)

Lady
May 22nd, 2006, 07:09 PM

Yeah, Kris & Jon upset is still the cruelest thing to my heart.
But I watched previous seasons on DVD, so this is the 1st in real time, that's why I was more invested.
(I liked Kim & Chip, for example, and didn't hate S7 winners). It's just at this point all my hated contestants are winning everything (with the exeption of Danielle from ANTM who rocks ;) )
I mean local reality shows as well. ;)

Rocketta
May 22nd, 2006, 07:46 PM
Yeah, Kris & Jon upset is still the cruelest thing to my heart.
But I watched previous seasons on DVD, so this is the 1st in real time, that's why I was more invested.
(I liked Kim & Chip, for example, and didn't hate S7 winners). It's just at this point all my hated contestants are winning everything (with the exeption of Danielle from ANTM who rocks ;) )
I mean local reality shows as well. ;)

Well that definitely is a bummer when your most hated wins. :(

I loved Uchena and Joyce...I thought they had the hardest time to win because they were in the lead and then got that flat tire and then those jerks at the airport wouldn't give them any money..:fiery: They also were so in awe of going to Africa which I felt was refreshing, oh and them being able to balance the water on their heads was pretty cool too! :cool:

Lady
May 24th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Yeah, I understand, Rocketta.

As i said I liked them well enough, plus she SHAVED her head for this, so I was Ok. ;)

But with BJ & Tyler, here Miss Alli expressed my feelings so much better then I'd ever could:

This is seriously the most unpleasant ending ever for me because not only do I really, really dislike both of them, but they weren't even remotely the best racers overall, nor were they the best racers in this leg. They were lucky enough to be good at the right task at the right time, and because the show is arranged the way it is, they get the money. The win is perfectly fair and perfectly legitimate, and it is indeed nice that there was a non-physical task, but it didn't really "come down to brains," as Phil said. Eric and Jeremy had plenty of brains (mostly Eric's), as evidenced by their repeated ability to find things and follow clues and see things directly in front of their faces. Eric had a couple of countries reversed; BJ didn't even think the Russian flag was there until Tyler told him. It doesn't really prove that anybody is "smarter," at least not because of that. BJ and Tyler raced very well, particularly early in the race, but they are also the luckiest team in the history of ever, because they fucked up repeatedly, far more than Eric and Jeremy did, but they fucked up things that the structure of the show removed from the equation. Which is fine; it isn't unfair, and it's happened every season. But it's not a meritocracy, nor were they consistently more intelligent than...well, Eric, anyway. Anyway, it's a very sour ending. Their self-conscious, self-indulgent childlike wonder makes me want to throw up, and the way that their alleged lovable-ness is being shoved down my throat kind of pisses me off, quality-of-show-wise. It's a more distasteful win to me than either Flo or Kendra, because at least neither of them sat around congratulating herself about what a fine human being she was, nor did the show try to make those women into something they weren't. It was unfortunate, but it didn't have the stench of propaganda, the way this does. There are no unicorns, there are no children on ponies, and there are no daisies blooming in meadows. It's not good over evil. It's just one obnoxious pair of guys beating a differently obnoxious pair of guys. One big Choad Family Reunion.

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/story.cgi?show=76&story=9378&page=20&sort=&limit=

They were so-so lucky. NON-eliminated twice, I hate that. Plus I hate when the entire legs in the final just don't matter. Only the final task that counts, everything you did up to that point was simply pointless.

Rocketta
May 24th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I understand, Rocketta.

As i said I liked them well enough, plus she SHAVED her head for this, so I was Ok. ;)

But with BJ & Tyler, here Miss Alli expressed my feelings so much better then I'd ever could:

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/story.cgi?show=76&story=9378&page=20&sort=&limit=

They were so-so lucky. NON-eliminated twice, I hate that. Plus I hate when the entire legs in the final just don't matter. Only the final task that counts, everything you did up to that point was simply pointless.

Yeah I hear ya....I think they did arrange the show a certain way this season but others say it's a conspiracy theory. :lol:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
May 24th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Wow - for somebody to get that emotional over the ending of the show...I just don't know.

bis2806
May 24th, 2006, 09:29 PM
any picture of the gays?