PDA

View Full Version : Please quit posting Olympic spoilers in titles of new threads

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 19th, 2006, 12:27 PM
I am making a plea to all of you Europeans and other folks out there who are fortunate enough to watch the Olympics live.

We are on tape delay in the USA so we always get to watch the results hours after you do and I hate coming here and seeing all these spoilers in Non-Tennis.

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=219728 This is a link someone created to post results so you don't ruin it for some people.

PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU! :)

matthias
Feb 19th, 2006, 12:36 PM
thats realy bad to know who won before watching it :(

but why are you not watching it live?

i watched the whole night @ the sydney games in 2000
and will do it again at Beijing 2008

i even prefer when the Games are not in europe
@ SLC all the important events been live o German Primetime 6pm - 8pm
so i can´t wait for Vancouver 2010 :woohoo:

Kuilli
Feb 19th, 2006, 01:07 PM
but why are you not watching it live?
US tv channels show very little of it live. I have only seen few biathlon races live, plus they seem to show all ice hockey and some curling live. Maybe I missed something, but that's about all the live coverage we get. :(

Luckily for me, I can see Canadian broadcast in Seattle, and they have much better live coverage, even though they tend to show too much hockey and curling at times. But they do show plenty of other events also. :D And there is always russiantvonline. ;)

matthias
Feb 19th, 2006, 02:01 PM
NBC is paying a lot of money and then showing just taped stuf?

drake3781
Feb 19th, 2006, 03:21 PM
I agree. And complained about it in the Plushenko thread.

Please stop.

We have coverage duiring the day, then from 8-Midnight. They show the "big events" , like figure skating, at the 8-Midgnight slot.

So we don't see it live.

firehorse
Feb 19th, 2006, 03:31 PM
NBC or MSNBC has spoiler also everyday...so if you do not want to know the reslut...just turn off the TV or do not read the thread

Kirt12255
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Being from Australia.....Ice is something we put with our Whisky...what are the Winter Olympics anyhow LOL j/k :-):wavey:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:08 PM
NBC or MSNBC has spoiler also everyday...so if you do not want to know the reslut...just turn off the TV or do not read the thread
But when you come into non-tennis and see things like

"SHANI DAVIS WINS GOLD"

"PLUSHENKO WINS GOLD"

"JELENA WINS GOLD"

you can't help but notice it!

firehorse
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:45 PM
But when you come into non-tennis and see things like

"SHANI DAVIS WINS GOLD"

"PLUSHENKO WINS GOLD"

"JELENA WINS GOLD"

you can't help but notice it!

In this case.....I guess there is no point we have thread here or not, it will appear on all internets...tough luck!!

drake3781
Feb 19th, 2006, 08:36 PM
In this case.....I guess there is no point we have thread here or not, it will appear on all internets...tough luck!!

What we are saying is, make the thread if you want, but don't put the spoiler in the TITLE. Put it INSIDE the thread.

Then people can choose to see it or not.

Simple request, don't need to argue about it.