PDA

View Full Version : Nick Lachey To Jessica Simpson: Gimme My Jewelry Back, Pay Me Spousal Support

SelesFan70
Feb 19th, 2006, 03:05 AM
LOS ANGELES (AP) - In divorce papers, Nick Lachey is seeking spousal support from Jessica Simpson, and he wants his jewelry back.

In court papers filed Friday in response to Simpson's Dec. 16 divorce filing, Lachey cited irreconcilable differences for the dissolution of the three-year marriage.

Lachey, 32, also asked for "miscellaneous jewelry and other personal effects," part of Simpson's earnings from after the date of separation and other assets.

Lachey said he and Simpson separated Dec. 13, although she claims it was Nov. 23.

The couple, who starred in their own MTV reality show, "Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica," had no prenuptial agreement and in her petition, Simpson asked the court not to grant Lachey spousal support.

Lachey, who gained fame as a member of the boy band 98 Degrees, had more earning power when the couple wed in October 2002. However, Simpson's fame skyrocketed during the marriage. The 25-year-old singer-actress reportedly earned more than $30 million last year, including earnings from her big-screen debut playing Daisy Duke in "The Dukes of Hazzard" movie.

Last month, the Mediterranean-style house the pair shared during "Newlyweds" was sold to "Malcolm in the Middle" teen actor Justin Berfield for an undisclosed price.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060218/D8FRH4H00.html

Oh, no! They had no pre-nuptual agreement! :help:

TF Chipmunk
Feb 19th, 2006, 03:12 AM
Loser :o Say bye bye to your future career in anything :rolleyes: Nick Lachey = LOSER :o But Jessica Simpson = :retard: for not doing any prenups :o

Rtael
Feb 19th, 2006, 03:13 AM
What a pathetic piece of shit. If you're already worth millions and millions, it's obvious the the only reason you would do this is pure greed or revenge. Either way, pathetic.

jd4eva
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:02 AM
Loser :o Say bye bye to your future career in anything :rolleyes: Nick Lachey = LOSER :o But Jessica Simpson = :retard: for not doing any prenups :o

Why would she have thought of getting a pre-nup. He was by far the bigger star and the bigger earner entering the marriage so at that stage, if there was to be a divorce she would have benefited. She's achieved fame through her MTV show of which he was an equal part so he deserves at least some reparations for his role in her success.

PaulieM
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:05 AM
Why would she have thought of getting a pre-nup. He was by far the bigger star and the bigger earner entering the marriage so at that stage, if there was to be a divorce she would have benefited. She's achieved fame through her MTV show of which he was an equal part so he deserves at least some reparations for his role in her success.
ditto. go nick! :rocker2:

harloo
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:13 AM
She's achieved fame through her MTV show of which he was an equal part so he deserves at least some reparations for his role in her success.

So Nick wasn't getting paid for his stint on MTV with Jessica? Cmon now you cannot seriously believe that at all.

You can really say that Nick's career was revived when he married Jessica and they both got the show. 98 Degrees was dead as a doornob, and IMO it's not Jessica's fault that his album "Soulo" was a dude.

I think Jessica is stupid and unattractive, but I just don't believe a grown man should make a punk bitch move like that asking can he get some money. If Nick still has earning power then why not go out and hustle because I'm pretty sure he can get something.

His record deal dried up, and the show is over and now he want's a piece of Jessica. It makes him look stupid.:lol:

AjdeNate!
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:15 AM
``we want pre-nup... we want pre-nup`` :rocker2:

Diesel
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:23 AM
I think Jessica is stupid and unattractive, but I just don't believe a grown man should make a punk bitch move like that asking can he get some money.

It's a punk bitch move but you gotta go for the equal opportunity :lol:

harloo
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:36 AM
It's a punk bitch move but you gotta go for the equal opportunity :lol:

:lol: I guess everyone's liberated now. If Bobby can hustle Whitney, then why not Nick?:p I'm from the old school train of thought though. I believe that a grown man shouldn't be trying to live up off of a woman.

I think he's gonna get paid like Eric Benet, watch.:tape: :lol:

Diesel
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:44 AM
:lol: I guess everyone's liberated now. If Bobby can hustle Whitney, then why not Nick?:p I'm from the old school train of thought though. I believe that a grown man shouldn't be trying to live up off of a woman.

I think he's gonna get paid like Eric Benet, watch.:tape: :lol:

:haha: Bobby and Whitney those two are a trip. I can't blame Eric though, something must be wrong with Halle because she can't keep not one man. Male liberation baby, going for that check while downing your career at the same time :woohoo:

harloo
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:49 AM
:haha: Bobby and Whitney those two are a trip. I can't blame Eric though, something must be wrong with Halle because she can't keep not one man. Male liberation baby, going for that check while downing your career at the same time :woohoo:

I feel sorry for Halle because she attracts dogs. :sad: I think her man judging skills are lacking because she had no father.

Hell, if I can marry one of those female celebs I might go for the big check when the marriage falls apart also.:tape: :lol: Male Libs United!!:wavey:

Diesel
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:06 AM
I feel sorry for Halle because she attracts dogs. :sad: I think her man judging skills are lacking because she had no father.

Hell, if I can marry one of those female celebs I might go for the big check when the marriage falls apart also.:tape: :lol: Male Libs United!!:wavey:

Have you seen her latest man? He doesn't seem like a keeper. I still thought she was with Michael Ealy :confused: Something foul is in Halleland and it could have something to do with her growing up. All I know is I would make her my second wife with no problem.

jd4eva
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:11 AM
So Nick wasn't getting paid for his stint on MTV with Jessica? Cmon now you cannot seriously believe that at all.

You can really say that Nick's career was revived when he married Jessica and they both got the show. 98 Degrees was dead as a doornob, and IMO it's not Jessica's fault that his album "Soulo" was a dude.

I think Jessica is stupid and unattractive, but I just don't believe a grown man should make a punk bitch move like that asking can he get some money. If Nick still has earning power then why not go out and hustle because I'm pretty sure he can get something.

His record deal dried up, and the show is over and now he want's a piece of Jessica. It makes him look stupid.:lol:

I don't necessarily agree with his move however if the shoe was on the other foot and Lachey was the big star, Simpson would be doing all she could to get her hands on anything she could. In this case, she became successful thanks to a show of which he was an equal participant and perhaps more as the show came about due to his profile rather than hers so it's fair game.

harloo
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:41 AM
I don't necessarily agree with his move however if the shoe was on the other foot and Lachey was the big star, Simpson would be doing all she could to get her hands on anything she could. In this case, she became successful thanks to a show of which he was an equal participant and perhaps more as the show came about due to his profile rather than hers so it's fair game.

They went into the show together, and I'm pretty sure they both benefited financially. Why is it assumed that the show was Jessica's mainly and he wasn't getting paid for degrading himself like her? I just don't understand this train of thought?

And personally I think they both were C rate stars at the time. As much as people keep acting like 98 Degrees was huge they never cracked that big time like the Backstreet Boys and Nsync. 98 Degrees were not that popular.:o

jd4eva
Feb 19th, 2006, 06:06 AM
They went into the show together, and I'm pretty sure they both benefited financially. Why is it assumed that the show was Jessica's mainly and he wasn't getting paid for degrading himself like her? I just don't understand this train of thought?

And personally I think they both were C rate stars at the time. As much as people keep acting like 98 Degrees was huge they never cracked that big time like the Backstreet Boys and Nsync. 98 Degrees were not that popular.:o

We're not talking about earnings from the show, but rather earnings as a result of the show. All the money Jessica has made in the past year from her movie, shoe deal, record contract etc have all come as a result of the show. Nick was an equal part of the show so he should be privy to what Jessica has earnt as a result of that collaboration. Nick has definitely not had the success Jessica has had and there is no doubt that none of her success would have manifested had it not been for the show.

98 Degrees certainly did not have the recognition of other boy bands but they were popular enough to bring about the MTV show. Had Jessica married average Joe, this show would never have been produced. Nick was certainly a bigger star than Jessica before the show was produced.

SelesFan70
Feb 19th, 2006, 03:36 PM
We're not talking about earnings from the show, but rather earnings as a result of the show. All the money Jessica has made in the past year from her movie, shoe deal, record contract etc have all come as a result of the show. Nick was an equal part of the show so he should be privy to what Jessica has earnt as a result of that collaboration. Nick has definitely not had the success Jessica has had and there is no doubt that none of her success would have manifested had it not been for the show.

98 Degrees certainly did not have the recognition of other boy bands but they were popular enough to bring about the MTV show. Had Jessica married average Joe, this show would never have been produced. Nick was certainly a bigger star than Jessica before the show was produced.

And she certainly would never have gotten that "Chicken of the Sea" tuna endorsement had it not been for that show. :tape:

Wiggly
Feb 19th, 2006, 03:43 PM
His career is over, never heard of his band :rolleyes:

creep
Feb 19th, 2006, 03:44 PM
If it weren't for Jessica he'd be a nobody!

harloo
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:10 PM

And so Jessica's career took off after and during the show and Nick's didn't. He had the same exposure as Jessica and got a solo deal from the show because his career was washed up. Nick even had a pilot for the WB. Can that be attributed to the success of the show?

Bottom line, he was paid for what he did on the show and gained some opportunites but just wasn't more popular than her. Does that mean he's entitled to everything she gained from the show because his career went nowhere after the exposure. I think not. :wavey:

The court will decide this matter, and considering that dumb Jess had no prenuptual agreement she will most likely be paying the man ho.;) In California community property is 50/50 so that's why some stars have pre-nupt's that are set in stone. I'm suprised her father didn't look out for her best interests.

I'm sorry but I don't believe the appeal of 98 Degree's had anything to do with the success of the show. The band was never that successful enough to even be considered a regular on the channel. I remember it all being about Backstreet Boys and Nsync. Nic and Jess were already C list stars when they came into the show, and I really don't buy the notion that Nick came in with any extra clout. :p

Virginia Wade
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:16 PM
This would never have happened in my day.

Infiniti2001
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:26 PM

:worship: :yeah:

PaulieM
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:26 PM
if the situation was reversed she'd be doing the exact same thing, and nobody think twice about her right to the money. so all i have to say is Go Team Nick! :bounce:
he's cuter anyway, and much less annoying. :shrug:

Infiniti2001
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:30 PM

Exactly!! I don't know California law, but as far as I know earnings while they were together is called "community property". Like it or not Nick has a case :lol:

Infiniti2001
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:32 PM
if the situation was reversed she'd be doing the exact same thing, and nobody think twice about her right to the money. so all i have to say is Go Team Nick! :bounce:

http://ads.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/smilies/thumb.gif

firehorse
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Nick has a case..I agreed with Infiniti...in this world, man and woman are equal...
I think Jessica is a bitch...wish Nick would not marry her

harloo
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:51 PM

I would have a problem with it especially if she was blaming him for not being successful and trying to get paid. I am not a fan of golddiggers, just like I ain't a fan of man whores.

;)

firehorse
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:03 PM
I would have a problem with it especially if she was blaming him for not being successful and trying to get paid. I am not a fan of golddiggers, just like I ain't a fan of man whores.

;)

Welcome to America!!.. A land of equal opportunity!!;)

harloo
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Welcome to America!!.. A land of equal opportunity!!;)

:confused: :tape: :lol:

BTW, Jessica is stupid for not getting a pre-nupt. Nick will take the dumb blond to the cleaners. It's a good thing she seperated with Nick before she signed her $35 million dollar contract though. That money wouldn't be considered community property because they were officially seperated before she did that deal. Everything else is up for grabs, it's gonna be a big mess. :lol:

PaulieM
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:22 PM

;)
i'm not sure i understand what you mean by that. :confused: the way i see it, it's a bit like investing time and belief in helping someone start a business or career, if that business becomes really successful off of ideas and efforts that involved your support i could see how you'd feel like you deserve some credit/money. whether you really do is debatable, but i understand the feeling. and i think it happens in divorce all the time, women support men, their careers etc. and are otherwise somewhat involved in their success, and demand spousal support all the time even if they've already benefitted off the fruit of that success, and that doesn't make them a bitch. so i don't think this makes nick awful either. :shrug: neither is going to end up broke anyway, so it makes no real difference to me. :) (and in case some people think my opinion has anything to do with my gender, i'm a woman.:p)

hablo
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:25 PM
go for it, Nick :bowdown:

(women have been doing it for years :haha:
I believe in equality of the sexes ! :spit: )

they were both stupid for not doing a prenup...I think Nick made more money when they first got married though...

firehorse
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:38 PM
:confused: :tape: :lol:

BTW, Jessica is stupid for not getting a pre-nupt. Nick will take the dumb blond to the cleaners. It's a good thing she seperated with Nick before she signed her $35 million dollar contract though. That money wouldn't be considered community property because they were officially seperated before she did that deal. Everything else is up for grabs, it's gonna be a big mess. :lol:

Not exactly..I heard there is a dispute when they got separated...from Jessica's side was Nov 23, but from Nick's was sometimes in December when the deal of US$ 35 million signed before that...so lets see how much he would get.

harloo
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:46 PM
i'm not sure i understand what you mean by that. :confused: the way i see it, it's a bit like investing time and belief in helping someone start a business or career, if that business becomes really successful off of ideas and efforts that involved your support i could see how you'd feel like you deserve some credit/money. whether you really do is debatable, but i understand the feeling. and i think it happens in divorce all the time, women support men, their careers etc. and are otherwise somewhat involved in their success, and demand spousal support all the time even if they've already benefitted off the fruit of that success, and that doesn't make them a bitch. so i don't think this makes nick awful either. :shrug: neither is going to end up broke anyway, so it makes no real difference to me. :) (and in case some people think my opinion has anything to do with my gender, i'm a woman.:p)

Well if you consider marriage an investment then I can see where you coming from. However, I've seen divorces end up nasty on both sides and most of time either one party was demanded to pay a sum that was unfair.

I am sympathetic towards a woman who has children by someone and needs the child and spousal support because they spend all their time trying to take care of the kids. However, I'm not sympathetic towards golddiggers and men who marry women an later ask for money. Maybe it's because I know first hand what goes on with divorcee's, I've dealt with many of them in each gender.;)

Under California law Nick and Jessica's assets are considered community property. Anything earned while they were married will be split, and what makes it worser is that she had no pre-nupt. So Nick will get paid regardless, so why is he seeking spousal support?:confused:

And I knew you were a female when you said Nick was hotter anyways.:p

harloo
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Not exactly..I heard there is a dispute when they got separated...from Jessica's side was Nov 23, but from Nick's was sometimes in December when the deal of US$ 35 million signed before that...so lets see how much he would get.

I take the court will still consider that they were officially seperated when she signed the contract. ;)

firehorse
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:49 PM
It is all about MONEY....MONEY can buy everything ( it is sad but true)....

Infiniti2001
Feb 19th, 2006, 06:20 PM

;)

Nick was successful before her-- they did the newly wed show together from wish her career took off. I honestly don't understand how anyone could think of him as a man whore. Now if anyone calls Eric Bennet a man whore then I'll agree, but Nick is looking out for his best interest just like a woman would do had the tables been turned .