PDA

View Full Version : The forum name

Nimrodg
Feb 18th, 2006, 07:12 PM
I opened a thread in the Bug/Error Reporting and Questions forum, and i'd like you to say your opinion over there

http://wwww.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=220785 (http://wwww.wtaworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)

Meteor Shower
Feb 19th, 2006, 10:22 AM
There are some suggestions here:
http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=143089

I don't know really if I want to change it, but whatever you decide is fine with me..

King Aaron
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Haven't we had this conversation/discussion before? :wavey:

FlushingMeadows
Feb 19th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Haven't we had this conversation/discussion before? :wavey:

We did, but things have changed. At this point, Shahar is the top player from Israel. Also, although this was the case last year, Anna is divorced so the name of the thread does not make too much sense. It really is time for a change.

King Aaron
Feb 20th, 2006, 04:30 PM
We did, but things have changed. At this point, Shahar is the top player from Israel. Also, although this was the case last year, Anna is divorced so the name of the thread does not make too much sense. It really is time for a change.

Anna is still the most recognizable player from Israel.

Yeah, there's also a 'smash' word in the title. To me the name makes sense. 'Smash Pistols' can refer to the other Israeli girls. 'Pistols' doesn't have to mean Pistolesi. ;)

With that said, I understand if people wants a name change. But we all must agree on a nice name, then we can proceed.

Mitzi
Feb 20th, 2006, 10:15 PM
I'm not sure if I want to change the name.

I'm thinking that maybe it's time for a name change- since Shahar is ranked higher than Anna, and has more and more fans. It would probably get more people to enter this forum.

That being siad, I'll go with whatever the majority thinks.

FlushingMeadows
Feb 21st, 2006, 03:42 AM
Anna is still the most recognizable player from Israel.

Yeah, there's also a 'smash' word in the title. To me the name makes sense. 'Smash Pistols' can refer to the other Israeli girls. 'Pistols' doesn't have to mean Pistolesi. ;)

With that said, I understand if people wants a name change. But we all must agree on a nice name, then we can proceed.

I'm not trying to diminish Anna's accomplishments. But I think that we can all agree that she is not the only prominent player from Israel anymore. Personally, I would prefer a name that is not specific to any one player.

There were a few names suggested the last time and I can not remember all of them. But I would vote for "Kadimah - the Israeli players' forum." I realize that not everyone knows what "Kadimah" means, but some of the other threads use non-english words. I imagine that many fans have heard Israeli players shout this during a match the same we all have heard "Vamos" from the Spanish players.

King Aaron
Feb 22nd, 2006, 05:38 PM
To be honest, I've not heard of 'Kadimah' before. ;)

It's understandable if you all want the name change. Just make sure it's catchy and interesting, something like the current name. I'm not a fan of the simple and boring names. But then, that's just me. ;)

Nimrodg
Feb 22nd, 2006, 06:09 PM
Hmmm...I have a nice idea

There's in the bible the "Sons of Israel" - who walked 40 years in the desert.
"The daughters of Israel" can be cool :cool:

Mitzi
Feb 22nd, 2006, 06:26 PM
I'm not trying to diminish Anna's accomplishments. But I think that we can all agree that she is not the only prominent player from Israel anymore. Personally, I would prefer a name that is not specific to any one player.

There were a few names suggested the last time and I can not remember all of them. But I would vote for "Kadimah - the Israeli players' forum." I realize that not everyone knows what "Kadimah" means, but some of the other threads use non-english words. I imagine that many fans have heard Israeli players shout this during a match the same we all have heard "Vamos" from the Spanish players.

"Kadimah" might be the Hebrew word for "come on", but its also now the name of the biggest political party in Israel (well, they will be after the elections). :o So I'm thinking using that word in the forum's name might not be such a good idea.

Nimrodg
Feb 26th, 2006, 01:00 PM
There's a decision? :) I think that we should decide on 4 names and open a pool - the name with the biggest amount of votes will win :p

shirgan
Feb 28th, 2006, 06:31 AM
There's a decision? :) I think that we should decide on 4 names and open a pool - the name with the biggest amount of votes will win :p
so do it :yeah:

Nimrodg
Feb 28th, 2006, 11:42 AM
so do it :yeah:
No porblem :wavey: ...but which names?

"Tennis Israel"
"The Israeli Army"
"The daughters of Israel"
:confused:

shirgan
Feb 28th, 2006, 04:02 PM
No porblem :wavey: ...but which names?

"Tennis Israel"
"The Israeli Army"
"The daughters of Israel"
:confused:
yes and also add (from previous suggestions):

"Abra-Ka-Sabra"
"Smashing Israelis"

Nimrodg
Feb 28th, 2006, 04:36 PM
You can vote now :) The pool is open till next week

Meteor Shower
Feb 28th, 2006, 09:24 PM
I'm sure I've suggested 'Israeli Army' before, and someone said it was already existed?
Anyway,

1. Emek Israel :p
2. Israeli Army
3. Smashing Israelis

Mitzi
Mar 1st, 2006, 08:08 AM
I voted for the "Smashing Israelis" :)

"Israeli Army" brings back way too many bad memories :tape:

King Aaron
Mar 1st, 2006, 05:09 PM
If there is to be a name change, I'd go with "The Daughters of Israel". It sounds nice. :)

shirgan
Mar 3rd, 2006, 07:27 AM
Only six votes..? :(

Nimrodg
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:31 PM
Only six votes..? :(
:tape:

Mitzi
Mar 4th, 2006, 12:47 AM
The "Smashing Israelis" are leading! :dance:

King Aaron
Mar 4th, 2006, 06:39 PM
The "Smashing Israelis" are leading! :dance:
I really really really like "The Daughters of Israel" more. :p ;)

Nimrodg
Mar 5th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Is there a way to bring more people to vote? Maybe to open a thread in General Messages? :confused:

King Aaron
Mar 5th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Is there a way to bring more people to vote? Maybe to open a thread in General Messages? :confused:
Yes, that could be a way of bringing in more votes.

Though I think that is unnecessary. It's not like those who go into GM actually will come into here.

Nimrodg
Mar 6th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Hmmm...Anyway I voted to "The Israeli Army" and i'd like to change it to "The Daughters of Israel"

so it's 3 to 4 :eek:

King Aaron
Mar 6th, 2006, 04:46 PM
:p One more reason why we should choose "The Daughters of Israel" instead:

If it's changed to "Smashing Israelis", don't you think there isn't much of a change. I mean the current name is "Anna and The Smash Pistols!", so there is the word "smash" already. It doesn't really feel like a significant change. ;)

Mitzi
Mar 6th, 2006, 06:23 PM
:p One more reason why we should choose "The Daughters of Israel" instead:

If it's changed to "Smashing Israelis", don't you think there isn't much of a change. I mean the current name is "Anna and The Smash Pistols!", so there is the word "smash" already. It doesn't really feel like a significant change. ;)

I realy realy don't like the "daughters of Israel" :tape: I hope it isn't chosen.

The reason I prefer the "smashing Israelis" is actually because it has Anna's name in it, and I think most of the people here are Anna's fans, and this forum was first done for her, so I like keeping her name in the new forum's name. :)

Nimrodg
Mar 6th, 2006, 06:47 PM
LOL, Just thought on another idea
The Israeli army is called IDF - Israeli Defence Forces
soooooooo
IGF - Israeli Girls Forces would be nice :lol:

King Aaron
Mar 7th, 2006, 06:14 PM
I realy realy don't like the "daughters of Israel" :tape: I hope it isn't chosen.

The reason I prefer the "smashing Israelis" is actually because it has Anna's name in it, and I think most of the people here are Anna's fans, and this forum was first done for her, so I like keeping her name in the new forum's name. :)
:yeah: You've actually got a good point there Karen. :)
And, looks like "The Smashing Israelis" is winning anyway. ;)

Mitzi
Mar 9th, 2006, 07:29 AM
The Smashing Israelis won :dance: