PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay in Dubai.

Andrew..
Feb 18th, 2006, 03:39 PM
(6)Anastasia Myskina (RUS) v Jie Zheng (CHN)
(wc)Martina Hingis (SUI) v Sania Mirza (IND)

Marion Bartoli (FRA) v Vera Dushevina (RUS)
(3)Maria Sharapova (RUS) v BYE

(5)Nadia Petrova (RUS) v Maria Kirilenko (RUS)
Ai Sugiyama (JPN) v Lucie Safarova (CZE)

Elena Likhovtseva (RUS) v Jelena Jankovic (SCG)
(2)Lindsay Davenport (USA) v BYE

That's a good draw until the semis. Then, probably Tina.

Wsisters45
Feb 18th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Lindsay/Martina :drool: Lindsay shuold get to the final. Martina will crush Maria again. Lindsay will be too good for Martina right now. I'm hoping they play. Then she'll probably face her favorite player,Justine.

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 18th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Good Luck to Lindsay..she has a nice draw untill the SEMIS where she will most likely meet Sharapova or Hingis :D :bounce:

Solitaire
Feb 18th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Not bad at all for Lindz , Bring home the title!

Wsisters45
Feb 18th, 2006, 03:49 PM
There could be a rematch of last year's final in the 2nd round. Jankovic sucks now,so we'll probably get Likhovtseva. Lindsay can struggle against her sometimes,although she's won all of the 9 meetings. I hope she isn't rusty and comes out firing.

Ty-Ty
Feb 18th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Wow. Martina vs. Lindsay. Never thought I'd get to see another match of them again.

Now they both need to just make it there, which shoudn't be too hard.

RayRob
Feb 18th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Wow. Martina vs. Lindsay. Never thought I'd get to see another match of them again.

Now they both need to just make it there, which shoudn't be too hard.

:lick: Yep, think I'll be looking out for that semi too! :angel:

-Rache

Elldee
Feb 18th, 2006, 06:54 PM
I think it's a great draw considering the field... I'd like to see her beat Hingis in the semis, so fingers crossed.

Andrew..
Feb 18th, 2006, 07:22 PM
I'd like her to make the final, too. But I'd also like the fans to see a final longer than 60 minutes.

lindsayno1
Feb 18th, 2006, 08:01 PM
WOO! Sharapova can do one and lose to Martina again! I cant believe last years final is gonna be the second round this year! Pity I like Jankovic a lot, shame shes not consistent. Cant wait til the dav v martina match...i might ahve to go home for that to watch it!

joaco
Feb 18th, 2006, 08:40 PM
hope she gets martina... that is one match i would LOVE to see!!!

Wsisters45
Feb 18th, 2006, 08:55 PM
I'd like her to make the final, too. But I'd also like the fans to see a final longer than 60 minutes.

:lol: Have some faith. She'll beat Justine sooner or later. Hopefully sooner. :)

Ty-Ty
Feb 18th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Lindsay will lose one more match to Justine (making it six in a row) then go on to beat her the next few times they play, ala Clijsters and Queen Vee.

That be what I'm praying for.

Lindsayfan32
Feb 18th, 2006, 09:55 PM
It a great draw of Lindsay given some early matches she should win easily shewill be warmed up by the time she has to play Maria and I wouldn't put my house on Maria making it that far anyway. Lindsay's 2nd round won't be a repeat of the final as she beat Ivanovic in the final last year not Jankavic there are two teenage Serbs going around at the moment and it not hard to get them confused as they look alike and have simular sounding names.

Andrew..
Feb 18th, 2006, 10:04 PM
It a great draw of Lindsay given some early matches she should win easily shewill be warmed up by the time she has to play Maria and I wouldn't put my house on Maria making it that far anyway. Lindsay's 2nd round won't be a repeat of the final as she beat Ivanovic in the final last year not Jankavic there are two teenage Serbs going around at the moment and it not hard to get them confused as they look alike and have simular sounding names.
She beat Jankovic in the final.

Ty-Ty
Feb 18th, 2006, 10:05 PM

:smash:

mike/topgun
Feb 18th, 2006, 10:30 PM
IMHO we'll be able to say, if Linzi can make it to the semis or finals after her 1st match.
I'm not so sure she's fit and in-form enough to beat Nadia and next the better of possibly Martina Vs MaSha.
The last years final is most likely not going to repeat as Jelena's played crap since then...And be careful, coz few times Likhovtseva has given Linds some hard time in their previous meetings.

Still, Martina Vs Lindsay semi would be something special...but I'm not convinced, that Lindsay would win that one:p
I'm really curious how Lindsay shows up and what form phisically she's in...most importantly in what kinda mood she's in;)
However, if she gets an early exit in Dubai, I think she sholud play Doha, where her chances to win would probably be higher... :lol:

lindsayno1
Feb 18th, 2006, 10:39 PM

were you watching a different match to everyone else?! It was definitely Jankovic.

2005 Singles Final
(1) Lindsay Davenport (USA) d. Jelena Jankovic (SCG) 64 36 64

GrandSlam05
Feb 18th, 2006, 10:45 PM
OMG I have never seen Lindsay and Martina play. And I won't see them play this time since I don't think Dubai is on tv. :o
Though I'd love to see a repeat of the 2000 IW final from what I read it was fantastique. :lick:

lindsayno1
Feb 19th, 2006, 08:54 AM
we got dubai on tv last year. i distinctly remember the footage of lindsay on the boat and then in the shopping center buying a hideous bag and scarf and i quote, saying 'i dont need one of these, its not cold in california' - and then proceeding to buy it!

joaco
Feb 19th, 2006, 02:45 PM
we got dubai on tv last year. i distinctly remember the footage of lindsay on the boat and then in the shopping center buying a hideous bag and scarf and i quote, saying 'i dont need one of these, its not cold in california' - and then proceeding to buy it!

LMAO!

Kimmi
Feb 19th, 2006, 06:34 PM
i distinctly remember the footage of lindsay on the boat and then in the shopping center buying a hideous bag and scarf and i quote, saying 'i dont need one of these, its not cold in california' - and then proceeding to buy it!

:lol:

I would kill for a Lindsay/Martina semi!! That would be soooooo awesome!! :)

TennisPlayingFox
Feb 19th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Lindsay has a nice draw. It would be awesome to see a Lindsay vs Martina Semi!

chewy
Feb 19th, 2006, 09:10 PM
good to see she's back in action, and the potential matchup with hingis :drool:

Lindsayfan32
Feb 20th, 2006, 04:40 AM
I stand corrected on my previous post Lindsay did Jankavic not Ivanovic in the final last year I got it wrong sorry.

Jan
Feb 20th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Hi, I am around even though I have psoted very little lately. So sorry but still supporting Lindsay wholeheartedly.

Have put a cheering thread in the Tournaments (Dubai) for Lindsay so hope you will support this thread also.

Good to be posting again and Go Lindsay

Frederic
Feb 20th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Eurosport won show Dubai... Olympic games are broadcasted until sunday I suppose... and eurosport 2 isn't a free channel...

!<blocparty>!
Feb 20th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Oh, Yay.

Go Linsay, please dominate Dubai, then, win Indian Wells, Miami, Amelia Island. :)

Ty-Ty
Feb 20th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Lindsay will play Likhotseva first. They usually have decent matches. If I remember correctly, didn't Likhotseva bagel Lindsay at the U.S. Open a few years back?

I think it's a better matchup for Lindsay than Jankovic would've been, anyway.

Andrew..
Feb 20th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Jankovic blows now. She would have been an easier 1r.

But, this isn't bad either.

Elldee
Feb 20th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Either way, Lindsay should win.

Lindsay is in Dubai.. some pics of Lindsay and Maria in the snow are on getty and yahoo.

Andrew..
Feb 20th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Lindsay and Maria are BFF!!!!!!!1111

!<blocparty>!
Feb 20th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Cute, Lindsay and Maria are tour buddies! :D

Dubai just fucking scares me. Snow Dome, luxury man-made islands, water parks. :scared:

Andrew..
Feb 20th, 2006, 03:49 PM
That's all fun. What scares me about Dubai is the fact that in about 100 years, they'll be out of oil, spent all their money, and will be killing eachother.

!<blocparty>!
Feb 20th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Did you watch Syriana? :p

God knows where the rest of the world will be in 100 years.

jacs
Feb 20th, 2006, 04:17 PM
I'll be in my bomb shelter, continuing my self-experiment on cryogenics.

lindsayno1
Feb 20th, 2006, 06:30 PM
my mate lives in dubai and told me of their plans. they wanna make like a man made snow globe with houses inside it.

they wanna make 'the world' - another man made lsland where the houses are made in the theme of the country it sits on.

What i find funny is that the ab du... whatever its called hotel with the tennis court on top is sinking!!!!

on another note you all seen the pics of dav and maria? SO funny...look on getty lol

Andrew..
Feb 20th, 2006, 06:47 PM
It's the Burj al Arab. That pretty much sums up Dubai right there. A hotel that will never, ever, ever, make money. Ever.

!<blocparty>!
Feb 20th, 2006, 06:50 PM
WTF... it's not making money? :confused:

I would like to go there one day, to see what it's actually like. I know it has a waterpark for the guests... I can see why that isn't making money because it looked empty.

Andrew..
Feb 20th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Well, it's making money, in the sense that it brings in a decent amount.

But because of how much money they shoved into the thing, it would have to be sold out every night for the next 200 years for it to break even.

Ty-Ty
Feb 20th, 2006, 07:35 PM
I know I would spend a few grand to stay for week or so there.

Kimmi
Feb 20th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Awww, those getty images are cute :)

I'm not a massive fan of the hotel, but I would love to play tennis on the helipad...not if it's sinking though, I dunno if I like that.

RayRob
Feb 20th, 2006, 09:53 PM
:lol: what does maria look like in that coat ;)

It's not often that Lindsay would get to see snow, unless she's in Russia, Switzerland and maybe Austria for a tennis event. On that ski lift, Lindsay was wearing just a thin hoodie......then in the other photos she's got a huge padded coat!

I've never done, skiing or snow boarding - I think I'd like to do that. Not sure about playing tennis in there - the cold can't be good for the rackets!?

-Rache

Vass22
Feb 20th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Dubai: watching Jankovic vs. Likhovtseva
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/Dubai06/Untitled-2.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/Dubai06/Untitled-1.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/Dubai06/DSCN5003.jpg

My Dubai pics will all be added here. (http://photobucket.com/albums/e105/Dubai06/) MIGHT get to post more Lindsay's pics.

Kelly
Feb 20th, 2006, 10:32 PM
awsome pics....i call them pics 'superstar lindsay'

Elldee
Feb 20th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Lindsay's doing her research... good stuff!

Robbie.
Feb 20th, 2006, 11:43 PM
I have good feelings about this year. She seems really committed to the cause. Lets hope it translates into good results.

Lindsayfan32
Feb 20th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the pics. So really does scout future matches herself.

Andrew..
Feb 21st, 2006, 12:46 AM
Why didn't she dress like this in the 90s. Sigh.

GrandSlam05
Feb 21st, 2006, 01:47 AM
Why didn't she dress like this in the 90s. Sigh.
LOL Andrew what did she dress like? Do you have any pics?
Lindsay was a late bloomer in fashion just like in tennis I guess.
I think she looks pretty cute there.

Solitaire
Feb 21st, 2006, 03:23 AM
Thnx for the pics. Lindz looks really good esp the top. She has the tennis player tan on her feet hehehe.

sweet_angel23
Feb 21st, 2006, 05:34 AM
thougt id post some pic of them here..
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/angel_4w/oly_full5.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/angel_4w/oly_full2.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/angel_4w/oly_full1.jpg

Lindsayfan32
Feb 21st, 2006, 06:17 AM
I have just signed up with photo bucket today and I will upload my large collection of Lindsay photos there in the next few days I have photos dating back to 99 and some even from 96. When I have started it I will put a new post on the board so look out for it. Feel free to browse it and download them once I have started.

jacs
Feb 21st, 2006, 07:17 AM
Well, it's making money, in the sense that it brings in a decent amount.

But because of how much money they shoved into the thing, it would have to be sold out every night for the next 200 years for it to break even.

Yeah, they created a whole island infront of Jumeira Beach just to house that thing.

jacs
Feb 21st, 2006, 07:19 AM
Every room is a suite and every floor has its own butler. Though, if you ask me, the design is kinda tacky.

Elldee
Feb 21st, 2006, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the pics. So really does scout future matches herself.

I think this is probably a new Dilucia thing.. and was maybe only because she still had a couple of days off before her first match.

sweet_angel23
Feb 21st, 2006, 07:38 AM
here's some more..
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/angel_4w/f_2067.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/angel_4w/clapping.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/angel_4w/dubai.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/angel_4w/f_1955.jpg

speaking of Dubai...
it has tennis courts on top of some buildings yeh??

lindsayno1
Feb 21st, 2006, 10:34 AM
awesome pix. lovin lindsays transplanted ankles ;)

LostInThe80s
Feb 21st, 2006, 12:44 PM
here's some more..
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/angel_4w/f_2067.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/angel_4w/clapping.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/angel_4w/dubai.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/angel_4w/f_1955.jpg

speaking of Dubai...
it has tennis courts on top of some buildings yeh??

So nice! :D Thanks so much! :yeah:

LDF
Feb 21st, 2006, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the pics everyone :wavey:

dav abu
Feb 21st, 2006, 01:44 PM
Those photos of Lindsay and Maria are so cute.

johnoo
Feb 21st, 2006, 07:02 PM
heres the video clip http://rapidshare.de/files/13813463/maria_lind.avi.html

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 21st, 2006, 07:19 PM
Good Luck to Lindsay in her match against Elena tomorow :bounce:

mike/topgun
Feb 21st, 2006, 09:25 PM
Lindsay in Dubai - something new from GM:
Davenport still hungry for more glory
By Edwin Ashie-Nikoi

21 February 2006

DUBAI — Former world number one Lindsay Davenport is still hungry to win more championships despite the emergence of young and athletic tennis players on the women’s circuit.

The 29-year-old American, speaking to the media at the Aviation Club here yesterday said: “I want to accomplish more as I am still enjoying the game. But there are more young players on the scene who are fitter and more athletic. They play harder.”

But Davenport, seeded second here this year, strongly feels she can stand up to the challenge. “I feel better than I was five years ago and been more consistent. I have also got used to the pace more”, she said. The American believes she holds an advantage over the opposition as she prefers to play on grass which most of the other players do not.

Davenport, the defending champion in the DDF Women’s Open Tennis Championship which started here yesterday, said the tournament would not be easy this time. “A lot of good players are here and they are consistent performers.

Talking about the women’s tour, Davenport, who has career earnings of over $21 million, said there should be at least five big tournaments a year to accommodate the great players as people want to see some of the best players in the world in action. “Seventeen to 18 tournaments a year is too much. The best players have to play against each other for quality,” she said.

On her plans for the season, Davenport says she hopes to do a lot this year. “I am looking forward to things a little better this year and to stay with the pack. If all goes well, to play more consistently,” she said.

The American is surprised to be in such a devastating form and to be still in the ranking. “I am always amazed to be in the ranking. But that urges me to continue to play.” Davenport, however, says she gets a lot of support from her husband on her busy tour schedule.

She's looking forward to play more consistently:p

joaco
Feb 21st, 2006, 09:35 PM
thanx for the article

RayRob
Feb 21st, 2006, 10:21 PM

:sad: rapid share never works for me.....when will people catch on to something universally friendly like http://www.sendthisfile.com/index.jsp :angel:

-Rache

sweet_angel23
Feb 22nd, 2006, 02:47 AM

thank U buddy :wavey:
it's a bit short but thanks for sharing..

jacs
Feb 22nd, 2006, 03:33 AM
angel - where did you get those photos?

sweet_angel23
Feb 22nd, 2006, 04:02 AM
angel - where did you get those photos?

i got 'em from GM. ;)

Lindsayfan32
Feb 22nd, 2006, 05:45 AM
Thanks for the vid.

LDF
Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:18 AM
Lindsay beat Elena 6-0 6-0 :worship:

Wonderful performance from her - groundstrokes were on top form, and she served very well. Couldn't really ask for much more from her after a 4 week break.

Go Lindsay :D

sweet_angel23
Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:26 AM
:yeah: :bigclap: :bowdown: Lindsay!!
fight! fight! Win!

Frederic
Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:42 AM
Great result... Hope her to keep improving...

GrandSlam05
Feb 22nd, 2006, 01:54 PM
Wonderful day! Marti takes out 'Skina in str8s and Linds satisfies my carbo craving with the double bagel. :lol: Man if only they would show it on tv. I just love to see Lindsay play like that and give someone a disgusting beat-down.

RayRob
Feb 22nd, 2006, 02:25 PM
Did anyone see the hingis highlights on ES2? Part-way through Lindsay joined in the commentary booth! It was on for a few mins with Lindsay commenting, but I guess most was cut out because it was the highlight show. The commentator said, "We have a real treat for you, the defending champion here has joined us in the booth", I looked at the screen all confused thinking, "Yeah right, Lindsay in the Eurosport commentary booth - you're having a laugh right!?"

But to my pleasant suprise, they weren't having a laugh at all!

She was saying that she's really excited at the prospect of meeting Hingis in a match as they were great rivals, she enjoyed the rivalry and said that she would still attack Martina's second serve. Lindsay said that it was incredible to see Martina back and she's amazed that she's still able to beat people she did 5 years ago. Lindsay also was praising Myskina (perhaps because they seem to get on off court too).

Lindsay was asked if she can remember her first WTA victory, she said she could say who it was in quallies but that doesn't count and she recalled the first player she beat on tour was Sandrine Testud at the old little event in New York...the commentator looked it up and she was right :)

The male commentator....not sure if it was Chris Bradnem, asked her about the abount of Double bagels she's served......can't remember if her asked her how many this year, but she said something like 4 or 5, but also stated she tends not to keep a tally - yeah right!

Final thing I remember was that Chris Bradnem (? if it's the right one) told Lindsay that at one point in her match against Likhovtseva she has 90% first serves in. She laughed and said, "That must have been at the very start of the match!", then continued to inform that it's been something that she's been working on since Aus open and something that she is looking to improve through out the year, so any stats like that are a great sign....etc, etc.

It was a nice treat to have Lindsay doing a bit of commentating!

-Rache :wavey:

lindsayno1
Feb 22nd, 2006, 02:35 PM
woo perhaps a sign for the future after tennis ;)

BMP
Feb 22nd, 2006, 02:40 PM
6-0 6-0 :D Lindsay :bowdown:

Andrew..
Feb 22nd, 2006, 03:40 PM
Lindsay will also be the #1 seed at Indian Wells. Clijsters has withdrawn, and Mauresmo is not playing.

lindsayno1
Feb 22nd, 2006, 03:44 PM
cool beans.

lindsay is on last tomorrow on center..playing kirilenko.

Andrew..
Feb 22nd, 2006, 04:38 PM
Go Tina!

!<blocparty>!
Feb 22nd, 2006, 04:48 PM
If Lindsay wins IW, how far will she be off Kim then?

Andrew..
Feb 22nd, 2006, 05:00 PM
She can't gain much at IW. She can gain tons in Miami, though.

dav abu
Feb 22nd, 2006, 05:04 PM
well done Lindsay on the double bagel- a great way to start the title defence.

Lindsayfan32
Feb 22nd, 2006, 06:52 PM
I have one word to say wow. I thought Elena would give Lindsay some trouble being her first match in nearly 4 weeks. Great way to notch up career win 700 the only active player to do so may I add. Way to go Lindsay keep it up.

!<blocparty>!
Feb 22nd, 2006, 07:11 PM
She can't gain much at IW. She can gain tons in Miami, though.

But Kim will lose a shed-load.

mike/topgun
Feb 22nd, 2006, 07:12 PM
A great solid performance from Lindsay. Served well, groundies made the job business as usual. There's a visable improvement comparing to form during AO.
Maria Kirilenko is a tough opponent so Linzi must be careful and serve like she did today.
from sonyericssonwtatour.com:
No.2 seed and defending champion Lindsay Davenport got the day off to a roaring start with a 60 60 whitewash of Russian veteran Elena Likhovtseva. It was the 29-year-old American's 700th career singles match win, improving her lifetime series with Likhovtseva to a perfect 10-0.

After a relatively tight start to the match (the first game featured three deuces), Likhovtseva began to crumble as she failed to take her opportunities, especially in the fifth and sixth games.

"I've seen people come back from these situations before and she's a good opponent and I didn't want to mess around," said Davenport, who has now scored four 'double-bagels' in her career, most notably in last year's Indian Wells semifinals against Maria Sharapova.
Davenport will now meet unseeded Russian phenom Maria Kirilenko, who continued her impressive form of late with a 64 63 win over Czech teen Lucie Safarova. Kirileko, who upset No.5 seed Nadia Petrova in the first round, took Davenport to three sets in their only prior meeting, in the Australian Open third round five weeks ago.

chewy
Feb 22nd, 2006, 09:19 PM
great 1st rd, keep it up!

GrandSlam05
Feb 22nd, 2006, 09:24 PM
OMG now Kim out of IW?!? Can this day get any better tennis-wise? :lol:

lindsayno1
Feb 22nd, 2006, 09:29 PM
kim and injuries....its like lindsay and bagels!

joaco
Feb 23rd, 2006, 01:23 AM
I love it when Lindsay does that! If she plays like she did today she can certainly win the tournament (any tournament :o)

Lindsayfan32
Feb 23rd, 2006, 05:41 AM
Does anyone have a video of the double bagel the Dubai one that is if you do could you please upload to this site or thread so I can see it. Thanks

BMP
Feb 23rd, 2006, 09:30 AM
In case someone hasn't heard about this stuff yet - VOTE FOR LINDSAY HERE! http://starsforstarsmiami.com :wavey: ;)

Frederic
Feb 23rd, 2006, 09:55 AM
We can see Dubai on eurosport 2... What a shame!!! I don't have it, so I can't watch it... Did someone record the match against Likovtseva?

RayRob
Feb 23rd, 2006, 10:27 AM
We can see Dubai on eurosport 2... What a shame!!! I don't have it, so I can't watch it... Did someone record the match against Likovtseva?

I didn't know it was on TV so I missed it....I only realised that ES2 were showing coverage all week when I was flicking through and saw the Hingis match highlights. I would have recorded Lindsay's match had I have known.

-Rache

lindsayno1
Feb 23rd, 2006, 10:29 AM
rache are u able to record and upload to the net at all?

RayRob
Feb 23rd, 2006, 02:10 PM
rache are u able to record and upload to the net at all?

Affraid that I don't have the capabilities to upload to my PC then to the internet. Hopefully one day I can do this, but not yet. I think when I come back from the USA, I will have more disposable funds to update and rebuild my PC....so, until then it's DVD's only from me.

-Rache

LDF
Feb 23rd, 2006, 03:36 PM
:mad: It's been raining all day in Dubai...

dav abu
Feb 23rd, 2006, 04:22 PM
the rain is so annoying :fiery:

lindsayno1
Feb 23rd, 2006, 09:39 PM
LOL have u seen this oop for tomorrow?!

Friday, February 24, 2006

Centre Court (from 10.30hrs)
1. Mauresmo vs. Kuznetsova (to finish)
2. Hingis vs. Sharapova (NB 11.30hrs)
3. [Mauresmo or Kuznetsova] vs. [Henin-Hardenne or Schiavone] (NB 14.00hrs)
4. Mirza/Vento-Kabchi vs. Hantuchova/Sugiyama
5. [Hingis or Sharapova] vs. [Kirilenko or Davenport] (NB 19.00hrs)
6. Doubles semifinal (TBA)

Court 1 (from 10.30hrs)
1. Henin-Hardenne vs. Schiavone
2. Likhovtseva/Zvonareva vs. A.Bondarenko/K.Bondarenko
3. Jankovic/N.Li vs. Peschke/Schiavone
4. Doubles semifinal (TBA)

Court 3 (from 11.30hrs)
1. Kirilenko vs. Davenport
2. Kuznetsova/Petrova vs. Yan/Zheng

Lovely...not!

LindsayRulez
Feb 23rd, 2006, 10:21 PM
LOL have u seen this oop for tomorrow?!

Friday, February 24, 2006

Centre Court (from 10.30hrs)
1. Mauresmo vs. Kuznetsova (to finish)
2. Hingis vs. Sharapova (NB 11.30hrs)
3. [Mauresmo or Kuznetsova] vs. [Henin-Hardenne or Schiavone] (NB 14.00hrs)
4. Mirza/Vento-Kabchi vs. Hantuchova/Sugiyama
5. [Hingis or Sharapova] vs. [Kirilenko or Davenport] (NB 19.00hrs)
6. Doubles semifinal (TBA)

Court 1 (from 10.30hrs)
1. Henin-Hardenne vs. Schiavone
2. Likhovtseva/Zvonareva vs. A.Bondarenko/K.Bondarenko
3. Jankovic/N.Li vs. Peschke/Schiavone
4. Doubles semifinal (TBA)

Court 3 (from 11.30hrs)
1. Kirilenko vs. Davenport
2. Kuznetsova/Petrova vs. Yan/Zheng

Lovely...not!

how the hell do they expect kuznetsova to manage that?! poor girl

go lindsay ;)

GrandSlam05
Feb 23rd, 2006, 11:44 PM
how the hell do they expect kuznetsova to manage that?! poor girl

go lindsay ;)
Kuzzy is jock, she'll be ok.
I just hope Lindsay is in a good mood tomorrow.

RayRob
Feb 24th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Lindsay lost first, now won second - she's making a bit of a meal out of this match! She always has a tough match after a classic double bagel....come on Lindsay, pull your finger out!

;)
-Rache

Frederic
Feb 24th, 2006, 09:25 AM
2/0third set... Keep going...

Frederic
Feb 24th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Sharapova net will be a tough match... Just hope for a double bagel again!!!

Frederic
Feb 24th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Kuzzy has already defeated Amelie in straight set... I'm not worried about her... She can play well against Justine... Anyway, I don't want a Lindsay vs JH˛ final... It would be a loosing combination!

Frederic
Feb 24th, 2006, 09:42 AM
4/3 Davenport...

Elldee
Feb 24th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Lord, I was worried at 4-3 40*-AD, but luckily she won the next two games.

sweet_angel23
Feb 24th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Kirilenko def. by Davenport
64 26 36

phew..

mike/topgun
Feb 24th, 2006, 10:10 AM
I thought it 'd be tough again and it was...Hopefully in the semis we'll see Lindsay playing better against MaSha;)

BMP
Feb 24th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Congrats Davy! :D 64 26 36 And yeah, it wasn't the easy match. Makiri was doing quite well at times, but anyway, the best one won in the end ;)

...and now Lindsay's playing Sharapova... for some reason this rivalty annoys me stiff. Can't get over how come Sharapova is dangerous for Lindsay...

dav abu
Feb 24th, 2006, 10:46 AM
well done Lindsay, a tough match it seems.

I know what you mean BMP, I mean Lindsay should be able to beat Maria yet she comfortably leads the head to head.

lindsayno1
Feb 24th, 2006, 11:36 AM
sharapova annoys the hell out of me. We all wanted a hingis v lindsay semi...and maria has to mess it up!

chewy
Feb 24th, 2006, 11:50 AM
another 3 setter against kirilenko...but last 2 sets was 2 n 3. pretty concinving win from lindsay.

good luck against maria s!

GrandSlam05
Feb 24th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Let's hope Sharapova left her best tennis in the Hingis match. Anyway if Lindsay plays well she SHOULD be able to beat her no matter what just a better player.
And please Svetlana beat Christine!

Frederic
Feb 24th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Chrisitine! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!! Well, I really agree with you BMP, this rivalry annoys quite a me as well. And I'm so frustrated from what I've seen in the YEC... Lindsay could win this match and finally lost. It was the same thing in Tokyo last year... Just hope Lindsay will play well and win in straight set... Go Lindsay!!!!!!

Frederic
Feb 24th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Chrisitine! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!! Well, I really agree with you BMP, this rivalry annoys me quite a bit as well. And I'm so frustrated from what I've seen in the YEC... Lindsay could win this match and finally lost. It was the same thing in Tokyo last year... Just hope Lindsay will play well and win in straight set... Go Lindsay!!!!!! Btw, did someone record the match against Likovtseva??

BMP
Feb 24th, 2006, 12:48 PM
I guess stamina will be the most important factor in that match. We'll see who will survive playing in that Endurance Mode. ...I post on another tennis board and I am pretty pissed seeing how MS fans in there are "relieved" that Maria plays Lindsay... as if it automatically means that Maria will win! :(

BMP
Feb 24th, 2006, 12:52 PM
...but now I doubt they will play today. Rain stopped the game again... I wonder how long it'll take rain to stop.

mike/topgun
Feb 24th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Congrats Davy! :D 64 26 36 And yeah, it wasn't the easy match. Makiri was doing quite well at times, but anyway, the best one won in the end ;)

...and now Lindsay's playing Sharapova... for some reason this rivalty annoys me stiff. Can't get over how come Sharapova is dangerous for Lindsay...
Why is Maria dangerous for Linzi?
Maybe coz she's dangerous for all top players - it's always a very even contest - besides the double bagle :lol: .Masha is strong phisically and mentally. Despite Lindz has better technique and overall is a better player she doesn't have the ultimate advantage over Sharapova...But when Lindsay is playing her best - or somewhere near there - she remains unstoppable :bounce:
I'm not happy that the Hingis - Davenport matchup isn't going to happen untill IW...but it'd be great if they could meet again in the final of Pacific Life Open like they did in that awesome 2000 final :drool: On the other hand I'm glad that Masha beat Martina today :worship: she's a fighter and she's not loosing two times in a row against the same rival :lol:
I really hope Lindz will serve better in the SF than she did earlier today - it's the key factor in that kind of competition between top players ;)

BMP
Feb 24th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Why is Maria dangerous for Linzi?
Maybe coz she's dangerous for all top players - it's always a very even contest
Yeah, that's right, but you must admit that Masha is less "problematic" for Kim, Juju or Amelie. I guess everything is easy - Masha and Linzi have more or less similar style, except Masha is younger and her speed is better... well, I suppose so :rolleyes:

mike/topgun
Feb 24th, 2006, 02:26 PM
No, I simply cannot admit, that Maria is less "problematic" rival for JHH or Kim or Momo...IMHO it all depends on how well they're playing atm - just look at last years performances from Masha and you'll agree with that bold statement of mine;). The fact is she's pushig every opponent to max effort no matter who it is - that's why she is a GS champ...and please on grass she's definitely better than Kim LOL :)
And yes I must admitt that Linzi&Maria have similiar game style;)

GrandSlam05
Feb 24th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Maria is a very watered down version of Lindsay. She's done well because she's a little better on defense and she's tough as nails.
And JHH just won, so it looks like we won't be getting a title even if we beat Masha. :mad:

BMP
Feb 24th, 2006, 04:55 PM
...and they just started playing :eek: Good luck Linz! :bounce:

mike/topgun
Feb 24th, 2006, 05:01 PM
we're 3-0 up after 1st and 3rd game break for Linzi - it sounds like a good start 4 me...and a game point - it is 4-0 :bounce: I don't know? Is it going to repeat...you know the Indian Wells semi? :p

lindsayno1
Feb 24th, 2006, 05:39 PM
and its NOT on tv!

BMP
Feb 24th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Damn it, Linzi started so well.... But in the 2nd set she is keeping losing!!! :( 3-0 already :( Something is wrong with her serve...

BMP
Feb 24th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Sharapova won 4 games in a row. :( Damn! Either Lindsay purposely relaxed for a while, or there is something wrong with her >:(

Kimmi
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Oh my crap - they're playing now?!?! :eek: Dammit, where is that stupid livescore button when you need it.....ooh, found it...

WTF?! What the hell? How did she win the first set with 47% first serve percentage?

Ok, come on Lindsay, just hold it together :)

mike/topgun
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:03 PM
6-3,1-6 and 3rd set ahead...it doesn't seem that Linzi is max focused...oh it still would be better if we could see it

BMP
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:10 PM
3-6 6-1 1-1 now.... :( What on Earth are we supposed to expect from this?!!!

Sorry guys for that "live scoring"

lindsayno1
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:10 PM
its second set syndrome. it always happens against top players....

now win this third set dammit. im home for the weekend with sky tv and do NOT wanna watch a jhh v hype final

BMP
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:12 PM
It's absolutely CRUCIAL for Linz to get her ass in gear right NOW!!!! If she isn't doing it now than the chances are tiny...

lindsayno1
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:13 PM
if lindsay doesnt win this i dont think she will ever beat maria.

BMP
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Davy.... 1-2 she is leading... I am fainting... Damn, it's too tough!!!

Kimmi
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:20 PM
RIGHT!!! Who stole Lindsay's first serve?!

lindsayno1
2-2 idiots!!

BMP
2-2 now. :( Such an important moment!!!!

BMP
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:24 PM
3-2 Lindsay, what a crap?! When is your pride gonna kick you?!

Kimmi
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:27 PM
When is your pride gonna kick you?!

Straight after I do..

BMP
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:29 PM
3-3 ...... :mad:

BMP
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:32 PM
and now S is leading... Lindsay! :(

Kimmi
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Am I the only person shouting at the livescore? :mad:

mike/topgun
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:34 PM
omg it's 3-4 and 30 all what an important point on Linzis serve atm

mike/topgun
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:36 PM
it has happened people 3-5* and Mashas serving for the match...any predictions?

BMP
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:36 PM
5-3 I'm speechless. ...Lindsay's serve is lost... or stolen

Kimmi
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:37 PM
...any predictions?

I predict a riot...

Andrew..
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Another stellar performance from Lindsay against a top player! Go girl!

lindsayno1
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:38 PM
i predict a computer bashing

BMP
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Sharapova isn't playing really good but Lindsay's doind worse.... :( Damn it!!!!

lindsayno1
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:41 PM
heres to never beating maria again!

Frederic
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Lindsay lost again... Mental issue I suppose... Bad serve and hideous strokes... All the worst...

joaco
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:45 PM
double fault in 3-4 30-40 third set... isn't she supposed to be the experienced one? Isn't she supposed to HAVE experience? Why does this ALWAYS happen :rolleyes:

Andrew..
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:47 PM
I'm pretty calm right now, because I'm not at all suprised.

Lindsay has shown that she's not playing like a top five player this year. The new coach clearly has come up with nothing. When one can't serve, one can't win, except for Dementieva.

If Lindsay continues playing like this, she won't be top five much longer. And if she's not top five, I don't see her competing.

BMP
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Oh no... we lost... :sad:

How could my california dreamin' lose? Injustice rules the world.

...how am I supposed to get it over again? :bigcry:

Andrew..
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:50 PM
double fault in 3-4 30-40 third set... isn't she supposed to be the experienced one? Isn't she supposed to HAVE experience? Why does this ALWAYS happen :rolleyes:
Lolz. And this is supposed to be where Lindsay shines. She hadn't lost at a tier II since October 2003 (ex. ret. at Stanford 05).

If she can't keep it together at stupid Dubai, how is she supposed to do it anywhere else.

lindsayno1
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:52 PM
the only thing i can say in lindsays defence is that maria can cope more with 2 heavy matches in 1 day...lindsays an old bird and cant.

LDF
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:54 PM
:sad: Lindsay...

Kimmi
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Some match stats:

1st serve - 53%
Point won on 1st serve - 56%
Point won on second serve - 35%
Double Faults - 8

*Sigh*

BMP
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:55 PM
I'm pretty calm right now, because I'm not at all suprised.

Lindsay has shown that she's not playing like a top five player this year. The new coach clearly has come up with nothing. When one can't serve, one can't win, except for Dementieva.

If Lindsay continues playing like this, she won't be top five much longer. And if she's not top five, I don't see her competing.
But that was her 2nd match today. Who knows what she'd have shown if she'd had time to recover... But, I know that's a lame excuse, Sharapova played under the same circumstances and she won twice today.

Oh Lindsay.... :fiery:

Andrew..
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:55 PM
the only thing i can say in lindsays defence is that maria can cope more with 2 heavy matches in 1 day...lindsays an old bird and cant.
That's not an excuse. Give 100% or give nothing.

GrandSlam05
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:56 PM
True. And she probably wasn't drooling to play Christine in the final either. Go back to Cali Linds and kick butt at IW.

Andrew..
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:57 PM
But that was her 2nd match today. Who knows what she'd have shown if she'd had time to recover... But, I know that's a lame excuse, Sharapova played under the same circumstances and she won twice today.

Oh Lindsay.... :fiery:
Correct, it is no excuse. And you've said why.

Andrew..
Feb 24th, 2006, 06:58 PM
True. And she probably wasn't drooling to play Christine in the final either. Go back to Cali Linds and kick butt at IW.
At IW, her SF opponent will be either Justine or Maria. I'll be sure to step away from the TV for that one.

Kimmi
Feb 24th, 2006, 07:01 PM
At IW, her SF opponent will be either Justine or Maria.

Oh yay.....

Andrew..
Feb 24th, 2006, 07:02 PM
I feel like I'm watching Seles 2002 in replays. It's kind of sad. But Seles, you know, fought during matches, and stuff.

BMP
Feb 24th, 2006, 07:04 PM
..but I'm not happy to think that a hype proved herself the greatest, and Lindsay :(

Andrew..
Feb 24th, 2006, 07:06 PM
..but I'm not happy to think that a hype proved herself the greatest, and Lindsay - an old wretched nag :(
Well, Maria is better than Lindsay right now. But she's not a "old wretched nag". :retard:

dav abu
Feb 24th, 2006, 07:06 PM
At this stage it can be said that Maria owns Lindsay which is very dissappointing when on paper at least Lindsay should be able to handle her. I don't think the new coach has added or improved anything, I know only time can tell but can anyone tell me what they think he has improved?! At the start of this year I didn't think Lindsay could win a Slam but I'm starting to fear that this could be a repeat of 03 where she won't even be competing. Hope she can get her game together, keep at it Lindsay.

mike/topgun
Feb 24th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Again it was 3 sets to Masha...I'm upset I couldn't watch it. But I claim she should make some decisions from now on...Maybe play Doha next week to win a title, or rest for a few days and prepare for the IW/Miami/AI "cali-florida swing". I cannot imagine Linzi winning a GS when she's loosing third sets in that particular way - this df on such an important point...
And I agree with Andrew bout the coach issue - there's hardly any improvements this year...and we don't have much time to gain some confidence and regain the form - especially service form. it's kinda sad...We must wait another 3 weeks to see her in IW - hopefully in better form.
I'm convinced that Masha played good and didn't give Lindsay many free points, obviously served better than Lindz so...maybe it's not all mental...maybe there's a place for other improvements in such type of matches. I don't know really but it looks like those comments and bold statements from her are not working...or it s only a matter of phisicall work - I mean maybe she worked hard in the offseason and it affects her game now. Maybe it'll be better soon;)

Andrew..
Feb 24th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Again it was 3 sets to Masha...I'm upset I couldn't watch it. But I claim she should make some decisions from now on...Maybe play Doha next week to win a title, or rest for a few days and prepare for the IW/Miami/AI "cali-florida swing". I cannot imagine Linzi winning a GS when she's loosing third sets in that particular way - this df on such an important point...
And I agree with Andrew bout the coach issue - there's hardly any improvements this year...and we don't have much time to gain some confidence and regain the form - especially service form. it's kinda sad...We must wait another 3 weeks to see her in IW - hopefully in better form.
I'm convinced that Masha played good and didn't give Lindsay many free points, obviously served better than Lindz so...maybe it's not all mental...maybe there's a place for other improvements in such type of matches. I don't know really but it looks like those comments and bold statements from her are not working...or it s only a matter of phisicall work - I mean maybe she worked hard in the offseason and it affects her game now. Maybe it'll be better soon;)
Everyone, including myself, misunderstood the coaching situation at the start of the season. While we thought it was a positive sign, it really wasn't. Adam left her. That should have been a sign that something was very wrong. And clearly these problems are continuing with this guy.

She should enter Doha. It's a weak tournament with one other top five player. But, she won't. Whatever. It's going to be very hard to pass the semis at IW or Miami with how she's playing. And I agree, Mike, this problem isn't just mental. The technical aspects of her game, especially her serve, are just way, way off.

As a side note, this is Lindsay's worst start to a season since 1997.

Kimmi
Feb 24th, 2006, 07:29 PM
I think that it is still the mental issue. She's too grumpy on court for my liking, especailly seeing as she's so nice off-court. Therefore, I appoint myself Unofficial Metal Coach, and we are going to try my method of psychotherapy.....

Lindsay Davenport can beat top players.
Lindsay Davenport wins Grand Slams.
Lindsay Davenport doesn't fluff big points with double faults.
Lindsay Davenport serves Maria Sharapova bagels for a living.
Lindsay Davenport doesn't say that she can "beat anyone" and not back it up.

Feel free to add more.

Elldee
Feb 24th, 2006, 08:05 PM
You're all being melodramatic. She's played two tournements.

Kimmi
Feb 24th, 2006, 08:42 PM

True, true....still kinds sucks that she lost though.

RayRob
Feb 24th, 2006, 09:49 PM

:haha: Good point! :yeah:

-Rache

Wsisters45
Feb 24th, 2006, 10:19 PM
I agree with Mike and Andrew. Something's up with Lindsay's serve so far this year and I'm not liking it one bit. Her serve sucked against Kirilenko as well. I hope she really works on it for IW. I think that Lindsay was exhausted in set 3. You could easily see that. I don't think this was a bad loss at all. Maria played really well IMO. If Lindsay's serve was better,I think she definately would've won. It's her serve that's the only thing I'm worried about.

!<blocparty>!
Feb 24th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Her serve sucks now. I watched the Wimbledon final again yesterday, which isn't good.

LindsayRulez
Feb 24th, 2006, 11:40 PM
Yeah the difference today was the serve...which is disappointing because Lindsay clearly said that she and David were specifically working on it after Australia.

You know what I think is part of her problem, she's too worried about winning pretty, she's not at all about winning ugly. She wants it to be perfect tennis with winners and aces galore but won't win otherwise, unless her opponent helps.

I expect her to be in better shape in Indian Wells. Lindsay in a foreign country, against Sharapova, at 11:30 at night, to play Justine in the final...equals loss.

Work hard for IW Lindsay ;)

GrandSlam05
Feb 25th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Her serve sucks now. I watched the Wimbledon final again yesterday, which isn't good.
Well, at least you can watch it. It's too painful for me and I don't have the balls. I even deleted it off my Tivo LOL.

Andrew..
Feb 25th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Tournaments. K.

In two months. Yep.

GrandSlam05
Feb 25th, 2006, 12:47 AM
"I am very satisfied with the way I played the first and third sets, but I really have no idea what happened in the second set," Davenport said. "I am looking forward to Indian Wells in two weeks, because I have always done well in California."

At least she admits to tanking in the 2nd, but I don't know why she's "very satisfied" with her play in the 3rd. The DF on the break point alone should be enough to piss her off.
I'm glad she's fired up to play in Cali. Hopefully fired up = play awesome.

Andrew..
Feb 25th, 2006, 12:52 AM
"I am very satisfied with the way I played the first and third sets, but I really have no idea what happened in the second set," Davenport said. "I am looking forward to Indian Wells in two weeks, because I have always done well in California."

At least she admits to tanking in the 2nd, but I don't know why she's "very satisfied" with her play in the 3rd. The DF on the break point alone should be enough to piss her off.
I'm glad she's fired up to play in Cali. Hopefully fired up = play awesome.
That quote disturbed me for a variety of reasons...

1. How could she be "very satisfied" with how she played in the third set? She was up a break. Lost four games in a row. Held serve once. Missed second serves by FEET. Hello.

2. This is really, really similar to the comments she used to make about the Williams Sisters. "Oh... Too good. I'm lefts now." I'm glad she feels that Maria is a better tennis player than her, and she clearly appreciates Maria's talent more than I.

She's not "fired up". She was "fired up" to play the AO, and Dubai. I'll believe it when I see results.

GrandSlam05
Feb 25th, 2006, 01:02 AM
That quote disturbed me for a variety of reasons...

1. How could she be "very satisfied" with how she played in the third set? She was up a break. Lost four games in a row. Held serve once. Missed second serves by FEET. Hello.

2. This is really, really similar to the comments she used to make about the Williams Sisters. "Oh... Too good. I'm lefts now." I'm glad she feels that Maria is a better tennis player than her, and she clearly appreciates Maria's talent more than I.

She's not "fired up". She was "fired up" to play the AO, and Dubai. I'll believe it when I see results.
That was before my time, but I can't believe she used to say that about the WS. Like they need anymore confidence. :lol: And neither does Maria. You don't need to be cruel, but geez don't give them praise they don't need ( or in Maria's case deserve). I'll never understand Lindsay. I just don't think she has the right kind of mindset for competitive things.
And I can't believe she was satisfied with the 3rd either. She needs to lay off the Tylenol PM.

RJWCapriati
Feb 25th, 2006, 02:07 AM
:sad: I hope she will go far at Indian Wells!

Frederic
Feb 25th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Wow... It's kind of a weird begining. To be honest, I think that David's hard working will pay off soon. We guys shouldn't be that worried. Lindsay is one of the greatest player ever, and also a human being, who is allowed to doubt, understand her mistakes and then bounce with all that stuff... We shouldn't demand too much yet, even if we're used to see good results from her... I'm waiting for what she is gonna do in Indian Wells, and then, I'm gonna make my own opinion. Thanks.

BMP
Feb 25th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Yep, I think that it's still pretty early to make conclusions about effectiveness of the new coach's work, too. And I guess that if he is really unable to help Lindsay, she will realize it herself and do something about it.

Elldee
Feb 25th, 2006, 09:15 AM
I don't get why her losing a tier II semifinal in three having already won her quarter in three earlier in the same day is suddenley the worst thing in the world. I don't know if I've subconciously taken a step away from tennis, but to be honest, neither of her losses this year have hurt; it's only a game.

Thanks for correcting my spelling, Andrew. If only we could all be as perfect as you.

dav abu
Feb 25th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Thats a fair point Grand Slam, it is early days yet.

mike/topgun
Feb 25th, 2006, 11:24 AM
We all know that her goal is to win a GS title...
There is time to get things together and it may work out in next part of the season.
But it is not overreacting - ask Lindsay if she's really "satisfied" with her results. I'm sure she's working hard and we haven't seen the effects yet, or it hasn't clicked yet. She was disappointed after loss to JHH not becouse of the injury - and I'm still sure that it affected her game - but coz she let her opponent back into the match...made JHH believe that, if she fights she'll get some free points from Lindsay.
And omg - if you didn't see it, or don't want to see it - her serve sucks this year - especially on the big points and it's not a good sign. Her serve was always the weapon she used for winning close matches, coz she's never been a pure specialist of running down those balls...
Am I optimistic - yes I am, but that doesn't mean I should not see those things she does visably worse than she did year ago.They are working hard with the new coach and it will bring effects in the future for sure, but as for now things are looking different.
The IW (and Miami) will be an ultimate test...Remember 2004 when she didn't serve well til Wimby where suddenly all the tennis wise people noticed that Lindsay had found her serve at last. I hope this will repeat soon.;)

Frederic
Feb 25th, 2006, 12:05 PM
We all know that her goal is to win a GS title...
There is time to get things together and it may work out in next part of the season.
But it is not overreacting - ask Lindsay if she's really "satisfied" with her results. I'm sure she's working hard and we haven't seen the effects yet, or it hasn't clicked yet. She was disappointed after loss to JHH not becouse of the injury - and I'm still sure that it affected her game - but coz she let her opponent back into the match...made JHH believe that, if she fights she'll get some free points from Lindsay.
And omg - if you didn't see it, or don't want to see it - her serve sucks this year - especially on the big points and it's not a good sign. Her serve was always the weapon she used for winning close matches, coz she's never been a pure specialist of running down those balls...
Am I optimistic - yes I am, but that doesn't mean I should not see those things she does visably worse than she did year ago.They are working hard with the new coach and it will bring effects in the future for sure, but as for now things are looking different.
The IW (and Miami) will be an ultimate test...Remember 2004 when she didn't serve well til Wimby where suddenly all the tennis wise people noticed that Lindsay had found her serve at last. I hope this will repeat soon.;)
I really agree with you, but I don't think that Lindsay did serve very bad in the begining of 2004. I remember some matches like the 1/2 in Indian Wells against Nathalie (Dechy), Lindsay had something like 79% of first serve... 3 aces in a row... I didn't see it that often from Lindsay.

!<blocparty>!
Feb 25th, 2006, 12:16 PM
I think when her serve comes, everything else will click into place. But the question is WHEN it comes. Maybe she's tweaking it a bit with her new coach... things take time, I guess. She has a few weeks now to prepare back in Cali for Indian Wells. Hopefully she can turn her game around, like she did between Wimbledon and the French.

mike/topgun
Feb 25th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Yap - she served well and she played much better then than this year, but in Wimbledon 2004 she found the consistency and confidence in her serve what enabled her to play near her game all the way in next like 12 months;)
I guess we're all waiting for it to click, Lindsay:)

lindsayno1
Feb 25th, 2006, 03:00 PM
i watched it today. im not too concerned. fatigue was clearly an issue out there.

i think there will be mental issues there now thou

mike/topgun
Feb 25th, 2006, 04:48 PM
I've watched it too. She didn't play that bad but she was not serving well and gave the important points away. I agree it was fatigue all the way in the third...but Lindsay is not at the peak of her form. Saddly Maria lost the final to JHH due to fatigue...Bizarre tournament it was indeed!

Kimmi
Feb 25th, 2006, 07:04 PM
It was unfair of them to have to play two matches in a day, especially quarter and semi-finals. Ok, ok, I know they are professionals and, as my mother would say, "that's why they get paid so much", but it still took a lot out of everyone.

I think fatigue was definately an issue, and I would suggest that this is why the serve wasn't working properly. Ok, I know there were a few issues in previous matches, but this was....well, un-Lindsay like. Glad to see a bit of fire in her though - I was starting to miss Lindsay's potty mouth! :lol:

Frederic
Feb 26th, 2006, 07:28 AM
Fatigue can be an issue. But just remember Ai Sujiyama's performance in Scotsdale 2003...

!<blocparty>!
Feb 26th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Ai's performance has nothing to do with anyone.

Maria didn't lose the final due to fatigue. Justine just made her cry. :o:tape:

BMP
Feb 26th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Yep, I also think that fatigue was a point. Lindsay has never been very good at "marathon". And two 3-set matches in one day was a bit too much for her. Plus, she is not a teenager.

Andrew..
Feb 26th, 2006, 01:42 PM
It was unfair of them to have to play two matches in a day, especially quarter and semi-finals. Ok, ok, I know they are professionals and, as my mother would say, "that's why they get paid so much", but it still took a lot out of everyone.

I think fatigue was definately an issue, and I would suggest that this is why the serve wasn't working properly. Ok, I know there were a few issues in previous matches, but this was....well, un-Lindsay like. Glad to see a bit of fire in her though - I was starting to miss Lindsay's potty mouth! :lol:
If it was fatigue, the serve is the last thing that should go off. It's the easiest shot to hit.

mike/topgun
Feb 26th, 2006, 02:26 PM
I'd say she was tired by the end of that 3rd set and her serve was really not as good as it should be against players like Masha. Generally it was not a good performance there from Lindsay...She's got some time to prepare a better form for IW and I mean she probably won't have to play 2 3-setters one day...

lindsayno1
Feb 26th, 2006, 03:32 PM
yes it made lindsay seem normal swearing again! lol

lindsayno1
Feb 26th, 2006, 03:36 PM
oh and maria crying made my day....

Andrew..
Feb 26th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Davenport puts career before accomplishments

By Alaric Gomes, Staff Reporter

Dubai: Former world No 1 Lindsay Davenport has put career ahead of accomplishments.

"It's hard to keep a goal for achievements while one is in the midst of one's career. These achievements definitely do not urge me on," Davenport said after losing in the semifinals to Maria Sharapova late on Friday.

"But maybe one day after I come to the end of my playing career, I will be able to sit back and look at all these accomplishments with pride and satisfaction."

Davenport is one of the few women players on the WTA Tour who has won more than 700 career matches. She reached the magical mark after she won her second round match against Elena Likhovtseva earlier this week.

The rest of the players participating at the Dubai Duty Free Women's Open are a far cry from Davenport. The closest is Martina Hingis with 484 career wins.

The lanky American, who is considered one of the nicest players on the WTA Tour, will turn 30 in the middle of this year. However, she does not feel like she's any different from the other players.

"I still do feel that I am doing some things well. I think I am not far off from the top players," she stated.

Reflecting on her match against Sharapova, the American observed that she could have had things going her way had she made the right adjustments to her game during the second set.

"I did well in the first set and then the third. But something went wrong in the second. I will have to work on this," Davenport said with a shrug.

"I have played in a lot of big matches before, and I think I still have the ability to continue playing them."

She revealed she will make the trans-Atlantic trip back home and start preparing for her favourite Pacific Life Open at Indian Wells, California, very close to her home.

"The Indian Wells event means the world to me ? it's my favourite and I want to do well there. I am looking forward to it," Davenport concluded.

Lolz. This is exactly why she doesn't win big matches.

!<blocparty>!
Feb 26th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Oh dear. :s

LDF
Feb 26th, 2006, 05:41 PM
:tape:

dav abu
Feb 26th, 2006, 05:57 PM
She doesn't sound too confident.

Elldee
Feb 26th, 2006, 06:17 PM
What she says seems pretty incidental these days. Let's see what happens. Perhaps even enjoy the tennis.

GrandSlam05
Feb 26th, 2006, 06:37 PM
I think it's time for Lindsay to seek some counseling.

tennissportmusic
Feb 26th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Davenport should believe in herself more.

Lindsayfan32
Feb 26th, 2006, 06:46 PM
What's wrong with enjoying what time she has left. Lindsay is for want of a better word in a mini form slump but she will come out of it. Also Lindsay has the confidence to do well its just she's not like the Williams sisters about it, you can be confident without telling everyone about it.

joaco
Feb 26th, 2006, 07:48 PM
far from the top players??!!:confused: I really don't like that statement. She is #3 in the world!!!

Andrew..
Feb 26th, 2006, 08:54 PM
What's wrong with enjoying what time she has left. Lindsay is for want of a better word in a mini form slump but she will come out of it. Also Lindsay has the confidence to do well its just she's not like the Williams sisters about it, you can be confident without telling everyone about it.
You don't give your opponent confidence.

Her comments show why she hasn't won a slam in six years. She's calling herself a second class player, and accepting defeat. But, I guess that's some new form of "confidence".

lindsayno1
Feb 26th, 2006, 10:49 PM
:( i thought she had belief....she obviously doesnt :( she needs to find the wimbledon 99 stuff quickly....!

Ty-Ty
Feb 26th, 2006, 11:37 PM
I think some of you are blowing this a tad bit out of proportion. The press probably just needed a quote and Lindsay either wasn't thinking or meant it in some other context, like today she wasn't far off from a top player.

She probably could do with a little more confidence though, but nothing to go bonkers over. I'm sure Lindsay has enough confidence to know she can beat everybody, including and especially Sharapova, e.g, IW, when she's playing her best tennis and even when she's not.

mike/topgun
Feb 27th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Lindsay is a top class player - she's n#3 in the ranks, she's played only 2 tourneys in 2006...Actually she's the best along with JHH, Sharapova, Clijsters and Mauresmo atm.
It sounds like she's been commenting on this years form...which obviuosly is not AS GOOD AS IT WAS IN 2004/05. She knows she's a top class player but she isn't the best...there's hardly a player who could be considered as "the best".And wait - who said that f.e.Mauresmo is better than Linzi...In the womens competition there are about 8 players who have the ability to win the slams: Belgians, Davenport, Sharapova, Mauresmo, maybe Pierce atm plus Williams if they're fit and don't forget that Hingis is doing well and Sveta/Dementieva (if they're ontheir peak)...Look at the mens - and there is just R-o-g-e-r....Roger, Roger and Roger.... then Nadal, maybe someone like Hewitt, Roddick, Agassi, Safin etc...
I'm not 100% sure she's gonna do wel in IW, but she always did(except '99).
And I agree with Ty-Ty, it could be taken out of the context. And please - haven't we heard even more ridiculous statements from Lindsay...C'mon people;)

chewy
Mar 27th, 2006, 08:53 AM
lindsay with sharapova video clip :)

sorry if this has already been posted,
so for those who missed it...here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHRtXIecOCg&search=lindsay%20davenport

if link don't work, just go to w.youtube.com and search lindsay davenport.

Kimmi
Mar 27th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Aww! Bless! Lindsay's never been on a ski lift before!

Thanks for the link :yeah:

The Daviator
Mar 27th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Thanks for that! Maria actually came across very friendly and chatty there! Did anyone notice Lindsay calling Dubai 'Dubey' though? :lol:

sweet_angel23
Mar 28th, 2006, 04:29 AM
thanks for the link buddy:)
Actually i've seen the end part where they had coffee=] it was posted somewhere in the GM..

Did anyone notice Lindsay calling Dubai 'Dubey' though? :lol:

"we have to come back to Dubey":haha: i couldn't understand the first time so i rewinded it again... ;)

Kimmi
Mar 28th, 2006, 01:42 PM
I never noticed that! I had to go back and have another listen! Dubey?! WTF!

I love her reaction to the M&M's in the coffee (or whatever it is) :lol:

mike/topgun
Mar 28th, 2006, 02:14 PM
She's all american girl..."Dubey" (or Doobee)LOLZZZ she's still clever, though it did sound odd. And I don't know why so many people hate Masha - she plays well, looks very nice and is quite open&chatty. Then, I do konw exactly, why some other people don't like Martina...Thanks for the clip:)

Frederic
Mar 28th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the link... Unfortunately, can't save it on my disk...