PDA

View Full Version : Fever 100.5 degrees, and cough, breathing problems, bodyache, headache

drake3781
Feb 17th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Fever 100.5 degrees, and cough, breathing problems, bodyache, headache

Have one of those coughs that hurts my throat to cough, and gives me a headache too.

Ugh. :sad:

It started last night as soon as I got home from work. Only medicine I have is Albuterol which is an inhaler for asthma. I got it last year for bronchitis. Really helps with the breathing (have you ever tried it??).

Missed work today.

Drinking tea, coffee, water.

I have a big appetite so it's not any stomach thing. Major craving for grilled salmon, now how am I gonna get that???

Applesauce feels so good in my throat. Cold and soothing.

Resting. TV giving me a headache, but I can watch a little then turn it off.

Blonde_Ambition7
Feb 17th, 2006, 10:52 PM
i'm craving grilled salmon too!

hope you feel better.

LeRoy.
Feb 17th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Salt water gargling (luke warm water) twice a day (or more) is a must if you want your throat feeling normal again. If not your voice might change and you might barely be able to swallow.

Take paracetamol/Ibuprofen for the fever/ bodyache and try to get as much rest as posible. Drink lots and lots of warm soup :)

controlfreak
Feb 18th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Sorry, I have been watching way too much 'House' to make a constructive or sympathetic comment about your condition.

Grachka
Feb 18th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Pregnant? ;)

drake3781
Feb 18th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Salt water gargling (luke warm water) twice a day (or more) is a must if you want your throat feeling normal again. If not your voice might change and you might barely be able to swallow.

Take paracetamol/Ibuprofen for the fever/ bodyache and try to get as much rest as posible. Drink lots and lots of warm soup :)

Thank you, I was wondering if I should be talking ibuprofen or aspirin because I could use something like that. Now i will take some ibuprofen :wavey:

Not familiar with the salt-water gargling....... I guess I'll go ahead and do that too.

Appreciate someone looking after me :kiss: .

TF Chipmunk
Feb 18th, 2006, 03:04 AM
Pregnant? ;)
:haha:

Hope you feel better :hug:

drake3781
Feb 18th, 2006, 05:49 PM
:haha:

Hope you feel better :hug:

Thanks, rose petal. :hug:

I called the DR and got some meds... now have to motivate enough to get over there to pick 'em up.

Strange thing, I have been practically starving ever since I got sick. I've eaten so much and am still very hungry. :confused:

hingis-seles
Feb 18th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Make sure you drink a lot of soup and do the salt-water gargles. That's good advice.

I fall sick every 2 weeks. Right now, I've got congestion. I'm a bit of an expert on the subject. :p

drake3781
Feb 18th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Make sure you drink a lot of soup and do the salt-water gargles. That's good advice.

I fall sick every 2 weeks. Right now, I've got congestion. I'm a bit of an expert on the subject. :p

Don't know why, but this strikes me as very funny :lol: :lol:

tennislover
Feb 18th, 2006, 09:24 PM
rest rest rest
water water water

get well soon!

drake3781
Feb 19th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Thank you everybody.

My fever is almost 102 now. :tape: :rolleyes:

Hope this is better tomorrow, I've had enough!!!

Monica_Rules
Feb 19th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Hot cup of ribena will help with a sore throat.

Sounds like you've got influenza from those symptoms.

TF Chipmunk
Feb 19th, 2006, 01:08 AM
Thank you everybody.

My fever is almost 102 now. :tape: :rolleyes:

Hope this is better tomorrow, I've had enough!!!
:unsure: :hug:

drake3781
Feb 19th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Hot cup of ribena will help with a sore throat.

Sounds like you've got influenza from those symptoms.

I looked up Ribena since we don't have it in the US. It sounds wonderful!

It's a concentrated fruit juice made of black currants? Maybe something like cranberry juice cocktail? (which is one of my favorite drinks).

Do people drink it for regular times too, or only when sick?

LeRoy.
Feb 23rd, 2006, 04:59 AM
you feeling better now hopefully ? :wavey:

drake3781
Feb 23rd, 2006, 05:57 AM

Hey! Thanks for asking. :wavey:

Not great yet. I got some anti-biotics and have taken 6 so far; they are staritng to work but not all the way yet. My voice is crazy scratchy. :lol: And coughing so hard it feels like I ruptured something in my chest.

But the fever is gone and I'm on the mend....... it was a nasty bug, for sure. :tape:

drake3781
Feb 23rd, 2006, 06:00 AM

Oh, I forgot to tell you and hingis-seles, the salt-water gargling was a life-saver during the worst parts.

My throat hurt so much that I was actually crying at some times, then I started the regular salt-water gargling and it did help.

PamShriverRockz
Feb 23rd, 2006, 07:14 AM
You don't get Ribena in the States!? :eek: You're missing out :sad: ;)

Well I hope you feel better soon! Sore throats are SO annoying, I get them all the time <glandular fever> :bigcry: Hot drinks really help though!
:hug: Get lots of rest!