PDA

View Full Version : Big betting corruption case in the Belgian football

Martian Jeza
Feb 17th, 2006, 08:16 PM
The Belgian football is affected with a betting corruption case. Many players and clubs are involved into this... The chines mafia with Zheyun Ye as the main person in this corruption betting case ! The name of Allata also is named... We discovered all of this after a TV report about 2 weeks ago on the Belgian TV channel : Canvas in the program " Panorama " ... The club of La Louvière was many times named... A list of players also... Many people bet huge amount of money on not that important matches : Matches which were bought by Ye and his Chinese mafia.
A big thing is happened in our football : Maybe the biggest thing of the history of our football...

Yesterday, got 2 players of Lierse SK fired and the keepers coach also : they were involved in this corruption. 2 ex-Lierse players who this season played at Anderlecht got fired also : Those 5 people admited they got money to rig matches... At about 75.000 Euro/Match . Paul Put got also fired this evening : He was the former Lierse manager but worked since a few weeks at Excelsior Mouscron...

More things will happen in the future days and weeks !

Again a sad story for our football which didn't deserve it : our football already was very ill...

Homer & Co
Feb 18th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Is "ill" referring to the current results of the Belgian national football team? ;)

A similar scandal occured in Germany some time in 2004, when the German referee Robert Hoyzer made big money with betting matches in which he was going to be the referee (the matches were in the second liga and the DFB Pokal (the German Cup)). In January 2005, a bookmaker got suspicious when finding out the referee betted on his own matches (and very conveniently he gave dubious penalties to the team he betted on in those matches) and alarmed the DFB (the German football bond). Apperently he had a deal going on with the Croatian gambling mafia, who got another referre involved, and number of football players too.

(BTW, Hoyzer was sentenced to 2 years and a number of months (I'm not exactly sure) in jail; the other ones involved got sentences from 9 to 18 months.)

Martian Jeza
Feb 18th, 2006, 10:05 AM
It's maybe the biggest corruption affair in the history of the Belgian football...

Martian Jeza
Feb 18th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Is "ill" referring to the current results of the Belgian national football team? ;)

A similar scandal occured in Germany some time in 2004, when the German referee Robert Hoyzer made big money with betting matches in which he was going to be the referee (the matches were in the second liga and the DFB Pokal (the German Cup)). In January 2005, a bookmaker got suspicious when finding out the referee betted on his own matches (and very conveniently he gave dubious penalties to the team he betted on in those matches) and alarmed the DFB (the German football bond). Apperently he had a deal going on with the Croatian gambling mafia, who got another referre involved, and number of football players too.

(BTW, Hoyzer was sentenced to 2 years and a number of months (I'm not exactly sure) in jail; the other ones involved got sentences from 9 to 18 months.)

Belgian national team indeed and also the awful results of our clubs at European Cups !

Homer & Co
Feb 18th, 2006, 10:13 AM
It's maybe the biggest corruption affair in the history of the Belgian football...
To be honest, I'm not really familiar with the Belgian football history. I know the Heizel drama (which actually doesn't have to do with Belgian football), and I've heard about this affair, but I think that's about it.

jrm
Feb 18th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Nothing new in sport: corruption is everywhere

Only makes news when those things come out, though!