PDA

View Full Version : Help please...

Jen&RobbyFan
Feb 17th, 2006, 04:18 PM
OK I have a problem.. I might be meeting someone i only know over the net. And I'm not going to meet him without knowing for sure he wont hurt me or anything.. Does anyone have any suggestions for how he can prove he wont? I really need help here lol im kinda paranoid. :)

Sally Struthers
Feb 17th, 2006, 04:37 PM
agree to meet him in a public area for the first few times till you can tell if he's ok or not.

Kart
Feb 17th, 2006, 04:43 PM
agree to meet him in a public area for the first few times till you can tell if he's ok or not.

Yep and tell someone where and when you're meeting so they know where to look for your body.

Sally Struthers
Feb 17th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Yep and tell someone where and when you're meeting so they know where to look for your body.

:tape:

Kart
Feb 17th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Seriously though I wouldn't meet anyone off the net unless I was completely comfortable. I think most sensible people are a bit paranoid in these situations.

Sally Struthers
Feb 17th, 2006, 04:55 PM
you should be really scared if you met them on here :tape: :haha:

Jen&RobbyFan
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:00 PM
lol nah didnt meet him here.. and yeah of course were meeting in a public place.. but i wanna be more secure lol..

Sally Struthers
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:03 PM
lol nah didnt meet him here.. and yeah of course were meeting in a public place.. but i wanna be more secure lol..

meet in a public place
tell a friend (and get him/her to come along and spy if you're really nervous)
make sure you're not being followed home by him :o

GrandSlam05
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:04 PM
OK I have a problem.. I might be meeting someone i only know over the net. And I'm not going to meet him without knowing for sure he wont hurt me or anything.. Does anyone have any suggestions for how he can prove he wont? I really need help here lol im kinda paranoid. :)
I wouldn't worry about it. Just be sure to carry a small gun or knife with you in case he/she tries anything. That's what I do.

Jen&RobbyFan
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:19 PM
ok thanks :D

anyone else know anything? lol i wonder if more ppl are as paranoid as i am about this..lol

Sally Struthers
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:21 PM
do you have reason to suspect that he would hurt you or is a creep?

Jen&RobbyFan
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:28 PM
no..well he is interested in war and stuff... but hes really the nicest guy on earth to me..

PaulieM
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:31 PM
meet in a public place, have someone come with you to meet him as a group thing or just there to spy and make sure you're all right. and carry some pepper spray with you.

Jen&RobbyFan
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:33 PM
pepper spray? :lol:

Sally Struthers
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:34 PM
yes. pepper spray and a cell phone

Jen&RobbyFan
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:35 PM
why?

Sally Struthers
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:37 PM
because he might be a creep. You don't have to go flashing it in front of him. Just be prepared. :lol:

Jen&RobbyFan
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:40 PM
lol ok thanks ;)

Sally Struthers
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:42 PM
so are you meeting him as a friend or like a romatic relationship?

Jen&RobbyFan
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:50 PM
relationship..we met last summer and we just clicked lol

Sally Struthers
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:52 PM
I don't think you have anything to worry about but you do need to be prepared in case of the slim chance that something bad happens.

Helen Lawson
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:55 PM
I don't fear for my safety, I just get worried they sent me a fake photo and in real life, they will be fat and ugly.

Sally Struthers
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:57 PM
I don't fear for my safety, I just get worried they sent me a fake photo and in real life, they will be fat and ugly.

:eek: so what if that happens to you, Hel? Do you go all apeshit on them and storm off, or do you sit there in awkward silence trying to make coversation?

Helen Lawson
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:58 PM
:eek: so what if that happens to you, Hel? Do you go all apeshit on them and storm off, or do you sit there in awkward silence trying to make coversation?

I give them the friends speech and then never return their calls again. Life's too short to spend time with someone you have no interest in sleeping with.

Sally Struthers
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:59 PM
I don't understand that sort of thing. I mean, they show you a fake picture then want to meet you and then turn out to look completely different? How do they expect to pull that off? Think you forget the picture they showed you? :lol:

Helen Lawson
Feb 17th, 2006, 06:02 PM
I don't understand that sort of thing. I mean, they show you a fake picture then want to meet you and then turn out to look completely different? How do they expect to pull that off? Think you forget the picture they showed you? :lol:

I don't know, but it's happened to me TWICE. The one guy, he said that he didn't think I'd meet with him if I saw his picture, that he wanted to win me over first. I mean, the guy was obese, never going to happen. Fat guys are a turn off. The second guy, he said that he was just too nervous to use his real picture. He wasn't bad looking, though.

Sally Struthers
Feb 17th, 2006, 06:05 PM
I'm sure they were just intimidated to meet a legend such as yourself

Helen Lawson
Feb 17th, 2006, 06:08 PM
I'm sure they were just intimidated to meet a legend such as yourself

They didn't know, I was "in cognito."