PDA

View Full Version : Mirza and being Muslim.

seles, davenport
Feb 17th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Look, the last thing I want to do is talk about history, but I'd just like to say I'm surprised there is such thing as a lot of Muslim Indians. The reason I say this is because I thought they made Pakistan for the Indian Muslims to move to, so there'd be no more fighting between Muslims and Hindus. Please, I'm not that good at Countries and their Histories, so please spare the sarcasm.

marmite1
Feb 17th, 2006, 07:21 AM
What is your point/question?

~ The Leopard ~
Feb 17th, 2006, 08:09 AM
People forget, or can't comprehend, how big (population wise) India is. It's like four or five time as many people as the US. About fifty Australias! You don't need a large percentage of Muslims to add up to a helluva lot.

rhz
Feb 17th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Look, the last thing I want to do is talk about history, but I'd just like to say I'm surprised there is such thing as a lot of Muslim Indians. The reason I say this is because I thought they made Pakistan for the Indian Muslims to move to, so there'd be no more fighting between Muslims and Hindus. Please, I'm not that good at Countries and their Histories, so please spare the sarcasm.

go to google.com and search indian's polutaion demographic! you will have your answer!

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Feb 17th, 2006, 08:27 AM
you are an idiot!

ginger_fish668
Feb 17th, 2006, 09:02 AM

Why isn't this on NT?

I'm editing this post cos I dont' ever want to be involved in this issue anymore. :)

tennisrox
Feb 17th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Actually Seles,davenport is quite right.Its irrelevant,but a reasonable question.I don't know much about the partition of india,but pakistan was made for the muslims,because of some political infighting or something.Muslims were also given the option of staying back in predominantly hindu india if they wanted to,and many of them did.Perhaps some indian posters can answer this :topic:

genius
Feb 17th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Pakistan arose more because of the politcs of that that time in india when the british were trying to maintain their imperial rule and congress led by Gandhi revolted for independence.There were a few communal organisations claiming to present muslims or sikhs etc.Muslim league was an organisation claiming to represent muslims and eventually led te pakistan demand from 1940.They found mass support eventually

There are two reasons why most muslims in india stayed back.

1. The pakistan movement led by the muslim league
was essentially a fraud perpetrated on the masses of indian muslims in north india
by the selfish elites who portrayed their interests as intersts of indian muslims.

2. most of the pakistan supporters(mostly in north india) found themselves remaining
in india as they found its easy to dream, what's practical is different. Mostly the
rich and upper middle class made it to pakistan.It is just not easy to move to a
place where they do not have any cultural roots and where the local population
may find them different.An average muslim undertsood there is nothing like
YOUR home after the frenzy and madness caused by the political campaign abated.

saniafan2005
Feb 17th, 2006, 02:29 PM
I agree with genious, It was more of a political decision to separate indian subcontinent into 3 parts...india, pakistan and bangladesh (which was part of pakistan earlier). The area (as a whole) where muslim population was dominant, was made pakistan. But most of the muslims in indian part stayed in india because they did not want to leave their home and go to unknown country with nothing in hand. There are still some towns today in india where 70 to 80% population is muslim and still hindus live peacefully there. Its all political!!!!

smiler
Feb 17th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Look, the last thing I want to do is talk about history, but I'd just like to say I'm surprised there is such thing as a lot of Muslim Indians.
Are you not taught grammar at school?

You've picked a very provocative title to this thread :rolleyes:, this is a history question it has nothing to do with Mirza and should be posted in non tennis.

Kunal
Feb 17th, 2006, 03:12 PM
blah blah blah.....bublaa bubla blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Cashif
Feb 17th, 2006, 04:30 PM
It was all a political play of British 2 divide India into 2 countries..

Neways, to answer ur question, abt 13% of Population in India comprises of muslims..U can calculate 13% of 1.3 billion Indian population..India s one of de largest muslim populate country n one of de most peaceful..I am one of de muslim living happily here..Hope that answers ur question eventhough it s entirely irrelevant..