PDA

View Full Version : About Chicago. . ..

Pureracket
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:08 AM
. . . .has anybody ever been to the Generator? It's a nice club that's Downtown. If so, lemme know.

AjdeNate!
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:21 AM
Didn't it close awhile back? :confused:
If it's the one that's south of Roscoe's in like an old brick building I was there a long time ago. It is/was on Halsted, right?

Pureracket
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:26 AM
It did close in 1999 but reopened shortly after as a straight club. Now, it's changed back to a gay club in June 2005. You should go there and let Darrick pour your drinks. The best bartender in the world.

Ferosh
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:26 AM
It did close in 1999 but reopened shortly after as a straight club. Now, it's changed back to a gay club in June 2005. You should go there and let Darrick pour your drinks. The best bartender in the world.

So it's not in boystown?

Pureracket
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:27 AM
No, it's downtown. Halsted and Lake St.

Ferosh
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:30 AM
No, it's downtown. Halsted and Lake St.

The only nightclub I know in that area is Rive Gauche. I'll see if I can find it when I come back to Chicago.

Pureracket
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Cool. It WAS Rive Gauche, but it's now the Generator. Same owners, though.

AjdeNate!
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:32 AM
show's how much i (don't) go out. :lol:
the old one is a walgreens or some shit now I think. I'll have to go check out Darrick.... but the ? is... are you buying drink Pureracket?

Pureracket
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:32 AM
hey... i've been there... the Generator is awesome

Pureracket
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:34 AM
show's how much i (don't) go out. :lol:
the old one is a walgreens or some shit now I think. I'll have to go check out Darrick.... but the ? is... are you buying drink Pureracket?Sure, I'll buy the drinks, but just tell Darrick that you're a friend of mine. He'll be generous.

Ferosh
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:35 AM
It was about two years ago that I went to Rive Gauche

AjdeNate!
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:35 AM
Sure, I'll buy the drinks, but just tell Darrick that you're a friend of mine. He'll be generous.
Cool, I'll have to check it out. I remember Rive, but never paid attention to what it is now. I'm oblivious to the gays anymore. ;)

Pureracket
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:37 AM
Frankly, I was just glad that someone replied. I keep forgetting how international this board is, though.

AjdeNate!
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:39 AM
Frankly, I was just glad that someone replied. I keep forgetting how international this board is, though.
I live in the far western burbs and don't really go downtown unless there's something drawing me there. i practically lived in boystown when i was a much younger lad. :tape: we need a gay chicago thread. but you aren't from chicago, so where are you from?

Pureracket
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:46 AM
I live in the far western burbs and don't really go downtown unless there's something drawing me there. i practically lived in boystown when i was a much younger lad. :tape: we need a gay chicago thread. but you aren't from chicago, so where are you from?I'm located in Florida, but my job takes me to Chicago, Atlanta, and abroad quite a bit.
Boystown rocks.

AjdeNate!
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:49 AM
It's not bad... course I'm too old for the bar scene now. ;) I wish my job had travel. Course I can't bitch that much now that I'm the boss.

Pureracket
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:56 AM
It's not bad... course I'm too old for the bar scene now. ;) I wish my job had travel. Course I can't bitch that much now that I'm the boss.LOL! Yeah, I can only imagine how being the boss causes a person to be too stationary. The Leather scene there is stronger than almost any I've ever seen.

AjdeNate!
Feb 17th, 2006, 06:19 AM
Ever go to Sidetracks in Chicago (well when it was called taht?) They got a rough crowd. Not much into the leather scene here.

Rocketta
Feb 17th, 2006, 06:23 AM
I would go have drink with you fellas......but I don't drink......but I'm more than willing to go out and hang out.....Ok, I hate going out.......but Dinner is doable. :D

AjdeNate!
Feb 17th, 2006, 06:41 AM
Dinner sounds great 'Ketta. I know some great places to take ya. :D

Pureracket
Feb 17th, 2006, 06:59 AM
I LOVE the John Hancock building(Signature Room). I'd take you there, 'cketta.

AjdeNate!
Feb 17th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Ever been to Spiaggia? :drool:

Kunal
Feb 17th, 2006, 07:49 AM
the cheescake factory is the place to go.

AjdeNate!
Feb 17th, 2006, 07:49 AM
or just easy and greasy Gino's East.... :drool:
great, now i want pizza. lol

Kunal
Feb 17th, 2006, 02:47 PM
theres another place....called either Cafe Laguardia or just..Laguardia...on tuesdays they have a wings special....well they did at least last 04 christmas

Kunal
Feb 17th, 2006, 02:54 PM
and the best mojitos

Rocketta
Feb 17th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Now Y'all are all making me hungry. :o

Nate, it's a date.....as soon as I get to Chicago. :bounce:

We'll coordinate with Pure so it will coincide with one of his business trips. :dance: