PDA

View Full Version : Aide: Chicago Not Interested In 2008 RNC

Pureracket
Feb 17th, 2006, 03:12 AM
(AP) CHICAGO Thanks but no thanks.

That's Chicago's answer to an invitation to submit a bid to host the 2008 Republican National Convention.

The Republican National Committee said yesterday that Chicago and 30 other cities were selected to submit bids explaining why they'd be a good choice to host the 2008 convention.

But a spokeswoman for Mayor Richard Daley says City Hall isn't interested.

Jackie Heard says city officials are more focused on whether to pursue a campaign to host the 2016 Summer Olympics.

Chicago hosted the Democratic National Convention in 1996.

AjdeNate!
Feb 17th, 2006, 03:23 AM
They are interested in the Olympics however. :D

Pureracket
Feb 17th, 2006, 04:27 AM
Hope they get the Olympics. They are hosting the Gay Games in July. That should be HOT!

AjdeNate!
Feb 17th, 2006, 04:32 AM
I know I'm hella excited. It'll be cool that they're so close to me. 30 minutes to all the queers when they're in town. :lol:

Pureracket
Feb 17th, 2006, 04:50 AM
Are you a woman or a man?

AjdeNate!
Feb 17th, 2006, 04:52 AM
Are you a woman or a man?
I'm of the male persuasion.

Pureracket
Feb 17th, 2006, 04:54 AM
I'm of the male persuasion..... and you're going to be @ the Games, eh?;)

AjdeNate!
Feb 17th, 2006, 04:56 AM
.... and you're going to be @ the Games, eh?;)
Purely as a spectator, I think. I'm off all week from work and will be downtown for college graduation. Maybe I'll treat myself to a Euro hottie for a graduation pressie. :lol:
You live in Chi?

Pureracket
Feb 17th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Nah, but I will be there with a friend. We should hangout. I'm hoping the S.American/African delegation brings some soccer players. . .LOL!

AjdeNate!
Feb 17th, 2006, 04:59 AM
Mmmm, Venezuelan soccer boys... Those kind seem to get me in trouble. [/Manuel flashback]. Yeah we should hangout. Not sure what events I'll go to. Depends on weather, but most likely beach volleyball stuff. I love a tall boy in dirty sand. :lol:

darrinbaker00
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:03 AM
(AP) CHICAGO Thanks but no thanks.

That's Chicago's answer to an invitation to submit a bid to host the 2008 Republican National Convention.

The Republican National Committee said yesterday that Chicago and 30 other cities were selected to submit bids explaining why they'd be a good choice to host the 2008 convention.

But a spokeswoman for Mayor Richard Daley says City Hall isn't interested.

Jackie Heard says city officials are more focused on whether to pursue a campaign to host the 2016 Summer Olympics.

Chicago hosted the Democratic National Convention in 1996.
My kind of town, Chicago is..... ;)

Ferosh
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:11 AM
Purely as a spectator, I think. I'm off all week from work and will be downtown for college graduation. Maybe I'll treat myself to a Euro hottie for a graduation pressie. :lol:
You live in Chi?

What college are you graduating from?