PDA

View Full Version : American Idol beats the Olympics in the ratings

Tennis Fool
Feb 15th, 2006, 11:41 PM
Wow :eek: Changing of the times I guess. Although, Turin Olympics are waaay down from Salt Lake City, averaging a 20 share from 40. It isn't even keeping up with 1988's Nagano (23 share).

Any thoughts?

Paldias
Feb 15th, 2006, 11:52 PM
:o Yeah but the Olympics on NBC are taped. That's just dumb to watch taped stuff.

Tennis Fool
Feb 15th, 2006, 11:59 PM
:o Yeah but the Olympics on NBC are taped. That's just dumb to watch taped stuff.
I think the only time the Olympics were NOT taped was SLC (and most of those events that weren't night time were taped too).

Sydney was ridiculous. We'd get stuff shown as if it was live almost a full day later :ras:

Paldias
Feb 16th, 2006, 12:24 AM
I think the only time the Olympics were NOT taped was SLC (and most of those events that weren't night time were taped too).

Sydney was ridiculous. We'd get stuff shown as if it was live almost a full day later :ras:

Oh I didn't realize that :tape: In Canada we get everything live, or at least a majority of it.

Tennis Fool
Feb 16th, 2006, 12:30 AM
Oh I didn't realize that :tape: In Canada we get everything live, or at least a majority of it.
Well, if you have cable you can watch the Olympics live on USA (but who's going to stay up at 3am for curling).

We do have the afternoon and those events are live, I believe. Great, if you are a student or don't work. We have to have the "marquee events" in prime time, as that's when most people are at home.

GrandSlam05
Feb 16th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Part of it is the internet they can read a detailed article or even watch highlights about what happened so why watch it later that night?