PDA

View Full Version : Madonna undergoes hernia treatment

fnuf7
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Madonna undergoes hernia treatment
Pop queen Madonna was treated for a hernia last week.

The news came as the 47-year-old mother of two was set to attend the biggest event in Britain's music calendar, the Brit Awards.

The singer is thought to have had what her spokeswoman described as "a minor operation" in the United States last week following her show-stopping performance at the Grammys.

The spokeswoman said the star had fully recovered and was still attending the Brits, where she is not expected to perform but is in the running for best Pop Act, International Female Solo Artist and International Album.

The New York Post reported that the London-based star went from the Grammys to Cedars Sinai Hospital in LA last week.

Dudley Rogg, clinic director of the British Hernia Centre, said that having a hernia had no connection to age or physical activity. He said: "A hernia is a mechanical breakdown of the tummy muscles.

"The abdominal wall is nature's corset. It is tough stuff but full of natural weaknesses like the perforation in a postage stamp. When you get a hernia one of these windows opens a little too wide and the corset effect is lost. The intestines come through and force their way through the wall.

He added: "Some are excruciatingly painful but most don't hurt at all. Unfortunately that's part of the problem, people don't tend to know it's happening.

"It's just the luck of the draw. It's nothing to do with physical fitness.

"One in 10 of us will get it. It's the most common of surgical procedures. The truth is it's a design fault. We're all riddled with this natural weakness in the abdominal wall, it's just a matter of luck.

That's off the msn news section, with a massive link which I couldn't be bothered to paste here cos it is massive ;) Also think it's on AP...:shrug:

Impressive if she does show up at the Brits, ok so she's not performing but still turning up at an event when you've jsut had surgery of some sort has to be tough! :eek: ;)

Go Madge! :cool: :bounce:

creep
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:17 PM
I had this op FOUR times.

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:24 PM
I had this op FOUR times.

Have you ever thought of being Madonnas Makeup Artist ? :kiss:

fnuf7
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Woah 4 times!! :eek: I've never had it done, in fact I've never had an operation before...*touch wood* ;)

creep
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Woah 4 times!! :eek: I've never had it done, in fact I've never had to have an operation before...*touch wood* ;)
I think maybe that's why I had it done twice cause my doctor told me I spend too much time touching wood, so be careful.

creep
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Have you ever thought of being Madonnas Makeup Artist ? :kiss:

I'm a make-up artiste maybe, magician no.

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:27 PM
I'm a make-up artiste maybe, magician no.

:haha: How about Roseanne ?

creep
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:30 PM
:haha: How about Roseanne ?
Fat chance!

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Fat chance!

:spit:

Stamp Paid
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:47 PM
:spit:

getting too old for that gymnast shit Madonna.

Avid Merrion
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Impressive if she does show up at the Brits, ok so she's not performing but still turning up at an event when you've jsut had surgery of some sort has to be tough! :eek: ;)

Go Madge! :cool: :bounce:
she's at the Brits sitting with Guy and sipping champagne, so i guess the recovery must be going well..... :)

PamShriverRockz
Feb 15th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Ouch hernias sound paaaainful. She's regretting putting her legs behind her head all the time ;)

Can't believe Madge is 47.