PDA

View Full Version : Do you limit the time you spend online

creep
Feb 15th, 2006, 07:38 PM
I think I'm beginning to spend more time online than I should. I always say to myself, I'll have to limit the time to say three to four hours to begin with. Then try less and less time each time. Does anybody on here limit themselves to a certain number of hours online each session?

Maybe that's why the servers always busy these days?

PamShriverRockz
Feb 15th, 2006, 07:53 PM
I limit myself to at least 15 hours a day now, really cut back ;)

Kart
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Broadband is a killer.

Fortunately the server limits me.

AjdeNate!
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:05 PM
I've been making myself sleep 4 hours a day, so I'm down to 20 hours online.

creep
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Like who else in their right mind would click on here for an hour only to read 'The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.' each time? I need my head examined.

And of course, when I went to post this reply it came up again.

!<blocparty>!
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Sometimes. I get embarrassed about my number of posts.

ampers&
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Sometimes. I get embarrassed about my number of posts.
you've been here forever and i'm already halfway to your total.:tape:
i get embarassed but then i think about how many posts i had before September and I'm pretty happy i've cut down a LOT. at one point i had 60 somthing posts per day.:o
but...that was totally explainable. :tape:

anyway, i try to limit my time, but it never works. :shrug:
i spend maybe 5 hrs a day total.

!<blocparty>!
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:27 PM
you've been here forever and i'm already halfway to your total.:tape:
i get embarassed but then i think about how many posts i had before September and I'm pretty happy i've cut down a LOT. at one point i had 60 somthing posts per day.:o
but...that was totally explainable. :tape:

anyway, i try to limit my time, but it never works. :shrug:
i spend maybe 5 hrs a day total.

I started posting properly like a year after I joined. :tape: Damn broadband. When you had those 60 posts, weren't you stuck in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do and no car? That's kind of like me, only I have a car :tape:. But anyway, we have/had good excuses. :p:angel:

ampers&
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:36 PM
When you had those 60 posts, weren't you stuck in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do and no car? That's kind of like me, only I have a car :tape:. But anyway, we have/had good excuses. :p:angel:
lol...yeah...North Carolina...in the woods...with no drivers license...with two over 50-year-olds. basically, not a damn thing to do but post and talk on the phone. :o
but this summer i'll have a license AND a car. :devil:
lucky me. :hehehe:

anyway, that still doesn't explain the ridiculous amount of time i spend online.:tape:

creep
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Broadband is a killer.

Fortunately the server limits me.
Too true.

If only.

creep
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:42 PM
I limit myself to at least 15 hours a day now, really cut back ;)

:lol: I wish. Keeping up appearances is so time consuming. ;)

controlfreak
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:44 PM
I limit myself. I never go online between the hours of 3am and 9am.

Barrie_Dude
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:44 PM
I have to. Though I sneak on while at the office.

creep
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:51 PM
I dont cause I dont watch much tv, so the internet is sorta like the replacement.

To be honest with you Ems I wouldn't be doing much else than watching TV. By the time I finish work (Yes I do work) I can't be bothered doing anything else. I don't have any friends now that I bother with, I live on my own and I don't go out much. So if it's not the Internet it's watching TV.

creep
Feb 15th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Well then get out some more, I know its easier said then done, but honestly, go out and give it a shot, or thats how you will spend the rest of your life. You should bother with friends as well, you cant make them if you dont want to bother with them.

I think it's a life of loneliness for me then.

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 15th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Well I'm about to take an internet break, or at least I want to. It takes a big place in my life right now, actually, a too big place. It made me change to a person I don't really wanna be and I need to understand that it isn't necessary in my life. Wow, so depressed ;)

AjdeNate!
Feb 15th, 2006, 09:11 PM
I don't limit it cuz it's easier being ignored online than in real life.

PamShriverRockz
Feb 15th, 2006, 09:18 PM
:lol: I wish. Keeping up appearances is so time consuming. ;)

Keeping Up Appearances is the only thing more addictive than wtaworld ;)

PaulieM
Feb 15th, 2006, 09:25 PM
who on this board doesn't spend too much time online? :unsure: i can't do the specific time limit thing though, it's either post here whenever i feel like it or just go cold turkey and avoid the site outright which is what i was trying to do for the past 2 days. :(