PDA

View Full Version : Cheney: Could He Be Charged for Murder...

tennisbum79
Feb 15th, 2006, 02:45 AM
... if Mr Whittington dies as result of the gun pellets getting so close to his heart .

Let us agree if Mr Cheney were an ordinary citizen, the following would have possibbly already happened:

He would have been called for questioning by law enforcement
He would have taken an alcohol breathalyzer.
The gun would have been taken by the police and handed over to forensic scientist for examination.
Other individual in the hunting party would have been questioned for corroboration of Mr. Cheney's version of the facts
Expert in shooting will have been involved to ascertain the distance of the shooting Mr. Cheney is claiming.
Sample swab would have been taken from his fingers and clothes for examination of gun powder.

But none of this happen. Now the man condition has taken a turn for the worse; he had a heart attack. Earlier today. CNN medical correspondent says that the pellets may have hit the heat muscle, causing what is called a silent heart attack.

Pureracket
Feb 15th, 2006, 02:52 AM
Cheney would never be charged with anything. In fact, bush would probably give him the "Medal of Freedom" like he has with every other fuck-up in his administration. Cheney would walk away from this without any questions asked. Well, not without any questions asked, but you can bet there wouldn't be any questions answered.

tennisbum79
Feb 15th, 2006, 02:56 AM
Well, not without any questions asked, but you can bet there wouldn't be any questions answered.

The White House press secretary is doing his best NOT to answer any questions, bu dance around them.

Pureracket
Feb 15th, 2006, 03:05 AM
The White House press spokesperson is doing his best NOT to answer any questions, bu dance around them. Yeah, I saw the interview today. I think they REALLY blundered when they were witholding the story. If they would've had a coverup already prepared instead of hustling to find one, they would be in a better situation.

I'm willing to bet my left nut that Dickie was intoxicated.

tennisbum79
Feb 15th, 2006, 03:10 AM
Yeah, I saw the interview today. I think they REALLY blundered when they were witholding the story. If they would've had a coverup already prepared instead of hustling to find one, they would be in a better situation.

I'm willing to bet my left nut that Dickie was intoxicated.

From what I heard on cable, some in the WH staff are upset with Cheney's obsession with secrecy. Apparently they have voiced their displeasure to the Vice-President office.
But for the Vice president this is in keeping with his way of doing things.
I would not be surprised if Cheney claims this info falls under executive privilege.

RVD
Feb 15th, 2006, 03:30 AM
... if Mr Whittington dies as result of the gun pellets getting so close to his heart .

Let us agree if Mr Cheney were a an ordinary citizen, the following would have possibbly happened:

The gun would have been taken by the police and handed over to forensic scientist for examination.
Other individual in the hunting party would have been questioned for corroboration of Mr. Cheney's version of the facts
Expert in shooting will have been involved to ascertain the distance of the shooting Mr. Cheney is claiming.
Sample swab would have been taken from his fingers and clothes for examination of gun powder.

But none of this happen. Now the man condition has taken a turn for the worse; he had a heart attack. Earlier today. CNN medical correspondent says that the pellets may have hit the heat muscle, causing what is called a silent heart attack.Ever notice how this White House administration can do no wrong, even when it clearly breaks the law? They are so successfully evil that Bush can break one of the the highest laws in the land (Constitution) by illegally spying on us, and nothing happens to him. He even admits to purposely breaking the law, and then boasts about it. Then you have Cheney shooting a man damn near at point blank, not calling for help until 30 minutes have passed [even though an ambulance is on 24/7 standby], allowing a de facto spokesperson (owner of farm) to speak in his stead [effectively protecting himself in case he mis-speaks or gives false information... because his entire hunting party was probably high as hell], and then jokes about it while the victim suffers a heart attack.

All I can say is, I am so glad I'm not Republican, because you guys are looking more and more like the most evil group, political or non.

Rocketta
Feb 15th, 2006, 03:38 AM
yeah this will probably go nowhere but we had to go through months and months of shit over Bill getting a blowjob. *sigh* :rolleyes:

drake3781
Feb 15th, 2006, 04:51 AM
Actually, it was CHENEY's decison to hold the story. Cheney insisted on a strategy to release it to a local paper, through the ranch owner, even though McClellan was pushing to get the information out as soon as he was informed - late - at 6AM the next morning.

Here is the story.
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1159347,00.html

Other tidbits:

The pellets are somehat smaller than BBs.

White House aides can be expected to say that the Vice President did not shoot Whittington, which suggests a bullet, but rather sprayed him with birdshot, a type of ammunition made up of tiny pieces of lead or steel.

Whittington is a lifelong friend of Karl Rove.

While serving as a congressman from Wyoming — before President Bush’s father tapped him for secretary of defense in 1989 — Cheney was a solid ally of the National Rifle Association, the staunch defender of gun rights, which also preaches gun safety.

Cheney also drew attention for reportedly shooting ducks and some 70 pen-raised pheasants at the exclusive Rolling Rock Club in southwestern Pennsylvania in December 2003. Experts were quoted at the time as saying there’s nothing wrong, legally at least, with blasting away at stocked birds.

darrinbaker00
Feb 15th, 2006, 05:24 AM

Let us agree if Mr Cheney were an ordinary citizen, the following would have possibbly already happened:

But none of this happen. Now the man condition has taken a turn for the worse; he had a heart attack. Earlier today. CNN medical correspondent says that the pellets may have hit the heat muscle, causing what is called a silent heart attack.
If Dick Cheney were black, he'd have already been booked for attempted murder and held without bail. THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID IT!

drake3781
Feb 15th, 2006, 05:42 AM
If Dick Cheney were black, he'd have already been booked for attempted murder and held without bail. THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID IT!

Come on now.

If Cheney were a regular guy, any race, it would have been investigated a lot differently and immediately (not the next morning). If he were VP and black, it would've been handled same as it is now. So it's not race but status and political influence.

This was an accident and there is no question about that. Therefore it would not be murder or attempted murder, but involuntary manslaughter, IF Whittington died (or does die) as a result. Since he did not die and it was an accident, there is no crime as of yet.

Whittington does have a CIVIL case against Cheney - that means collecting damages, including medical costs, lost work, and pain and suffering.

Chrissie-fan
Feb 15th, 2006, 05:44 AM
yeah this will probably go nowhere but we had to go through months and months of shit over Bill getting a blowjob. *sigh* :rolleyes:
Well, DICK Cheney has the good fortune that he can always plead insanity. :crazy: ;)

RVD
Feb 15th, 2006, 06:01 AM
Actually, it was CHENEY's decison to hold the story. Cheney insisted on a strategy to release it to a local paper, through the ranch owner, even though McClellan was pushing to get the information out as soon as he was informed - late - at 6AM the next morning.

Here is the story.
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1159347,00.html

Other tidbits:

The pellets are somehat smaller than BBs.

White House aides can be expected to say that the Vice President did not shoot Whittington, which suggests a bullet, but rather sprayed him with birdshot, a type of ammunition made up of tiny pieces of lead or steel.

Whittington is a lifelong friend of Karl Rove.

While serving as a congressman from Wyoming — before President Bush’s father tapped him for secretary of defense in 1989 — Cheney was a solid ally of the National Rifle Association, the staunch defender of gun rights, which also preaches gun safety.

Cheney also drew attention for reportedly shooting ducks and some 70 pen-raised pheasants at the exclusive Rolling Rock Club in southwestern Pennsylvania in December 2003. Experts were quoted at the time as saying there’s nothing wrong, legally at least, with blasting away at stocked birds.Right!

And get this...
It's now being reported that Whittington was hit with over 100 pellets, and that expert hunters are now stating that for him to have gotten hit by that many [concentration of pellets], and for them to have penetrated the heart muscle like they did, Whittington would have had to be far closer to Cheney than the reported 30 yards. :eek:

Furthermore, I was just listening to a report stating Whittington's wife (Merce Whittington) is somehow involved with Iraqi contracts or some sort and that both wife and husband were unhappy about the turn of events there.
I'm still trying to locate the information to clarify this.

ALSO, apparently Whittington had had a recent arguement with Cheney, and word is that Cheney was exremely upset with him prior to the hunting trip.

Lastly, isn't it odd that Cheney has yet to apologize for the shoting.
He has yet released no personal statements on the shooting.

This is better than the series DALLAS! :lol:

RVD
Feb 15th, 2006, 06:04 AM
If Dick Cheney were black, he'd have already been booked for attempted murder and held without bail. THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID IT!:lol: I was thinking that, but I didn't want to say it here. :devil:
But of course it would have been handled differently.
That's just the kind of world we live in. :shrug:

tennisbum79
Feb 15th, 2006, 06:55 AM
Well, DICK Cheney has the good fortune that he can always plead insanity. :crazy: ;)

He would be believable too!
He looks the part, he talks the part, he acts the part.

He still thinks WMD will be found in Irak.
He believes Rumsfeld, when he says "... the absence of evidence (of WMD) is NOT evidence of absence (of WMD)"