PDA

View Full Version : Child Dragged to His Death by Ice Cream Truck

Helas
Feb 14th, 2006, 07:27 PM
MANATEE, FL (AP) -- Authorities say a 15-month-old boy died when he was hit by an ice cream truck and dragged behind the vehicle. The Florida Highway Patrol says Raymundo Aguirre was dragged for about 900 feet -- about two and a half football fields -- before neighbors at a mobile home park stopped the truck.

The boy was being cared for by a baby sitter, who had taken him and two other children to the truck for ice cream. When they returned to their mobile home, Raymundo was missing.

Neighbors who had stopped the truck saw the child after the driver backed up. The boy died while being transported to Manatee Memorial Hospital.

The driver of the truck will not be charged but will receive a citation for having improper signage on the truck.
:eek:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/florida/news-article.aspx?storyid=51533

tennislover
Feb 14th, 2006, 07:30 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: omg!

Craigy
Feb 14th, 2006, 07:38 PM
OMG :eek: :sad:

tenn_ace
Feb 14th, 2006, 07:47 PM
MANATEE, FL (AP) -- Authorities say a 15-month-old boy died when he was hit by an ice cream truck and dragged behind the vehicle. The Florida Highway Patrol says Raymundo Aguirre was dragged for about 900 feet -- about two and a half football fields -- before neighbors at a mobile home park stopped the truck.

The boy was being cared for by a baby sitter, who had taken him and two other children to the truck for ice cream. When they returned to their mobile home, Raymundo was missing.

Neighbors who had stopped the truck saw the child after the driver backed up. The boy died while being transported to Manatee Memorial Hospital.

The driver of the truck will not be charged but will receive a citation for having improper signage on the truck.
:eek:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/florida/news-article.aspx?storyid=51533

:o :sad: poor baby...

PS. I guess some ppl measure 900 feet in football fields...:tape:

Ballbasher
Feb 14th, 2006, 07:47 PM
:sobbing: so sad stories

Scotso
Feb 14th, 2006, 10:24 PM
The babysitter didn't notice he was gone until they got back?

15 months old? She probably should have been carrying him.

F-R-E-A-K
Feb 14th, 2006, 10:28 PM
:sad: :sad:

controlfreak
Feb 14th, 2006, 11:33 PM
what was the improper signage? "Ice Craem"?

PamShriverRockz
Feb 14th, 2006, 11:53 PM
This is horrible :sad:

Sonja
Feb 14th, 2006, 11:58 PM
what was the improper signage? "Ice Craem"?

OMG! :lol:

*I'm sure by laughing at this I've earned something for my corner office in hell*

Paldias
Feb 15th, 2006, 12:32 AM
:o :eek:

ginger_fish668
Feb 15th, 2006, 03:09 AM
Well...I wouldn't do THAT for a Klondike bar... :tape:

Not cool dude.

SelesFan70
Feb 15th, 2006, 03:14 AM
Not cool dude.

Okay...I deleted it, since I didn't word that well... :wavey: I was referring to the babysitter sending out a CHILD to get an ice cream, but it did seem bad the way I wrote it.

ginger_fish668
Feb 15th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Okay...I deleted it, since I didn't word that well... :wavey: I was referring to the babysitter sending out a CHILD to get an ice cream, but it did seem bad the way I wrote it.

Thank you. :angel: :wavey:

Andy.
Feb 15th, 2006, 03:34 AM
OMG the poor child this is terrible :awww: :sad: