PDA

View Full Version : Dick Cheney Shooting Victim Has 'Minor Heart Attack'

lizchris
Feb 14th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Just reported.

The way this Whtie House operates, I wouldn't be surprised if the man has already died. I mean, it took them 24 hours to report the shooting, which was suspicious to begin with.

RVD
Feb 14th, 2006, 08:16 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11340558/

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - The 78-year-old lawyer who was shot by Vice President Dick Cheney in a hunting accident has some birdshot in or touching his heart and he had “a silent heart attack” Tuesday morning, hospital officials said.

The victim, Harry Whittington, was immediately moved back to the intensive care unit for further treatment, said Peter Banko, the administrator at Christus Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Memorial in Texas.

Banko said doctors conducting a regular check up on Whittington Tuesday morning discovered an irregularity in the heartbeat caused by a pellet, and they performed a cardiac catheterization around 10 a.m. EST.My question is, how do you miss that in the first place?
I mean what the hell is going on?! :shrug:

This getting weirder and weider by the day.

More info:

Sat. Feb. 11, 5:50 p.m. CT
Vice President Cheney shot Harry Whittington
at the Armstrong ranch at this time, according
to the U.S. Secret Service.

6:20 p.m. CT
The ambulance on standby for the vice
president was called to transport Whittington
to a hospital in Kingsville. Whittington was
later moved to another facility.
IT TOOK 30 WHOLE MINUTES TO CALL AN AMBULANCE THAT IS NORMALLY ON STANDBY FOR THE VICE-PRESIDENT?!!?!?!!?!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

6:50 - 7 p.m. CT
The supervisor of the McAllen Field Office
of the Secret Service notified the Kenedy
County Sheriff's Department about the
incident and made arrangements for an
interview with the vice president on Sunday
morning.
So lemme bet this straight...
VP Cheney shoots man and THEN makes appointment to talk about to cops?!?
Arent the cops supposed to respond IMEDIATELY?!?

This is getting better and better. :) :lol:
Gotta love them neo-cons.

*edited*

Homer & Co
Feb 14th, 2006, 08:46 PM
6:20 p.m. CT
The ambulance on standby for the vice
president was called to transport Whittington
to a hospital in Kingsville. Whittington was
later moved to another facility.
IT TOOK 30 WHOLE MINUTES TO CALL AN AMBULANCE THAT IS NORMALLY ON STANDBY FOR THE VICE-PRESIDENT?!!?!?!!?!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

If something happened the vice-president, yes. But something happened to the lawyer. (Maybe they all figured the lawyer was already dead, until somebody saw his arm/foot/body move...)
Normally, Cheney would probably get away with this, with no charges, as it would be considered "a hunting accident", but since he wasn't smart enough to own a hunting license (at least that's what I've heard), this might cost him his job.

(But, as Moe once said on The Simpsons, "eventually, everybody gets shot.")

*JR*
Feb 14th, 2006, 08:50 PM
:cool:
(But, as Moe once said on The Simpsons, "eventually, everybody gets shot.")
This whole thing is like a much older TV show with a character named Moe: The Three Stooges. :tape:

SloKid
Feb 14th, 2006, 08:53 PM
A theory: The guy is dead, but they are covering it up to make it later come out like he died of natural causes...

Pureracket
Feb 14th, 2006, 08:53 PM
It just seemed fishy to me that a guy who was awww, just peppered with a bit of bird shot, no big deal, happens all the time, is kept first, in ICU-TRAUMA, and second, for DAYS. Waaay longer than say, a difficult birth! Also, the fact that they sent him by ambulance to one hospital, and then AIRLIFTED him to a second, sister facility, seemed a bit curious to me as well.

It stunk from the start....and now the White House is starting to wonder if their "humor offensive" (and wow, ain't that quite the phrase under the circumstances) has backfired--Scotty with his orange TX Longhorns/Duck, Dick Cheney Is in the House tie, and the lame attempts at jokes that was advised yesterday by the clowns at Faux news....

When you are the one that screws up, it ain't wise to start wisecracking too soon. You gotta be low key, a bit sad, a bit embarrassed, and not too offended when someone ELSE makes jokes at your expense. In short, ya just gotta eat it.

You can only do the self-deprecating humor routine through a someone longer lens. But hey, once again, the clowns of the emperor are TONE DEAF!

That 30 yards is starting to look alot like 30 inches!

Homer & Co
Feb 14th, 2006, 08:56 PM
A theory: The guy is dead, but they are covering it up to make it later come out like he died of natural causes...
"Natural" causes? Wasn't he hit by a bullet?

SloKid
Feb 14th, 2006, 08:57 PM
"Natural" causes? Wasn't he hit by a bullet?
Yeah, but he will die of like a heart attack.

Homer & Co
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Yeah, but he will die of like a heart attack.
But I believe they reported that the heart attack was caused by the bullet (or part of the bullet).

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Exclusive Pics!

tennislover
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:08 PM
it seems that some of you would judge Cheney as a horrible assassin..... :rolleyes:

guys:
I hate hunting- I would like hunting to be forbidden-
said that, consider that hunting accidents happen very often all over the world so
that's a very sad event but that was simply an accident. period.

tennislover
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Exclusive Pics!

I always thought hunters were stupid!

Knizzle
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:12 PM
It just seemed fishy to me that a guy who was awww, just peppered with a bit of bird shot, no big deal, happens all the time, is kept first, in ICU-TRAUMA, and second, for DAYS. Waaay longer than say, a difficult birth! Also, the fact that they sent him by ambulance to one hospital, and then AIRLIFTED him to a second, sister facility, seemed a bit curious to me as well.

It stunk from the start....and now the White House is starting to wonder if their "humor offensive" (and wow, ain't that quite the phrase under the circumstances) has backfired--Scotty with his orange TX Longhorns/Duck, Dick Cheney Is in the House tie, and the lame attempts at jokes that was advised yesterday by the clowns at Faux news....

When you are the one that screws up, it ain't wise to start wisecracking too soon. You gotta be low key, a bit sad, a bit embarrassed, and not too offended when someone ELSE makes jokes at your expense. In short, ya just gotta eat it.

You can only do the self-deprecating humor routine through a someone longer lens. But hey, once again, the clowns of the emperor are TONE DEAF!

That 30 yards is starting to look alot like 30 inches!

This reminds me of a scene from Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence's movie "Life".

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:13 PM

:haha:

SloKid
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:13 PM
You must be a hunter, right? :D :p

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:14 PM
You must be a hunter, right? :D :p

:spit:

lizchris
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:16 PM
it seems that some of you would judge Cheney as a horrible assassin..... :rolleyes:

guys:
I hate hunting- I would like hunting to be forbidden-
said that, consider that hunting accidents happen very often all over the world so
that's a very sad event but that was simply an accident. period.

I hope this was an accident because Cheney has been hunting for about 50 years and one would think with that type of expericence (and using his common sense) he would check to see if a man was in front of him before he fired a buckshot.

Homer & Co
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:18 PM
This whole thing is like a much older TV show with a character named Moe: The Three Stooges. :tape:
You mean he used the same line? All I know is that Moe the bartender says that line in a Simpsons episode called "Homer the Moe".
BTW, I don't remember adding a "smiley" to my post - did you add that one (if not, weird things are happening...)?

tennislover
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:22 PM
I hope this was an accident because Cheney has been hunting for about 50 years and one would think with that type of expericence (and using his common sense) he would check to see if a man was in front of him before he fired a buckshot.

but how to suppose that he wanted to kill that man???????? :speakles:

sorry,that's simply absurd IMHO........

you know an accident is just this: one would not have done what actually happened.....

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:27 PM

you know an accident is just this: one would not have done what actually happened.....

:lol: I sure hope the government does not monitor WTAworld :tape:

Pureracket
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:28 PM

you know an accident is just this: one would not have done what actually happened.....Cheney's gross negligence in this matter should be subject to criminal prosecution, and at the very least, investigation, REGARDLESS of whether the man dies or not. It does not change the action, just the result and charge.

If he was anyone but a higher up in this administration, his ass would have been breathalyzed, blood tested, and every ass clown there would have been immediately brought down for an interview with the local police department. So much for that no man is above the law bullshit.

Meanwhile they joke and play off how it was just a minor thing. Minor my ass. You don't get shot in the head, neck and chest at fairly close range and have it be a joking matter. I don't care if it was just bird shot. If it penetrates the skin, it can kill you. Not to mention the trauma for a person Whittington's age. People should be raising hell about this, but of course, most will not. The poor chap will have to die before anyone gets pissed.

Well, officer, I was driving my car, made that quick turn and didn't see the guy...guess what, that's still reckless, and still manslughter. Cheney was reckless, CLEARLY. Anytime you shoot someone like this, YOU ARE AT FAULT! Period.

Edit: I also find it odd, that if this is so minor and he was fine and dandy, how come no interviews? How come no family saying anything? How come no pictures? Because it is not minor and the family has been hushed!

Scotso
Feb 14th, 2006, 10:22 PM
So I wonder if this guy is going to give anymore money to Cheney.

Infiniti2001
Feb 14th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Cheney is so sinister. This guy needs to go :fiery: The fucktard knows he is not running for president, so he will do what he wants and no one can stop him :rolleyes:He's pure fucking evil. :mad:

Infiniti2001
Feb 14th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Cheney was more worried about spin than the truth
by John in DC - 2/14/2006 06:14:00 PM

From the Washington Post:
The White House typically releases information immediately on incidents involving the president's personal life, such as bike-riding accidents, to avoid the appearance of covering up embarrassments. It is highly unusual, if not unprecedented, for the White House to allow a private citizen serve as its de facto spokesman.

But current and former aides said the White House rarely imposes its practices, especially on press matters, on Cheney. The vice president's office often operates autonomously in a manner that many top White House officials are reluctant to challenge.

In this case, Cheney worked with family members and former aide Mary Matalin on how to handle the fallout of the shooting accident, said a person close to the vice president who demanded anonymity to talk about internal discussions.
Yes, the reason no one found out about this for an entire day wasn't because Cheney was worried about his victim's health, it's because they were figuring out how to "handle" the incident the right way.

Infiniti2001
Feb 14th, 2006, 10:53 PM
10 ways Cheney can kill you

http://www.collegehumor.com/pictures/79904/

Rtael
Feb 14th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Cheney's gross negligence in this matter should be subject to criminal prosecution, and at the very least, investigation, REGARDLESS of whether the man dies or not. It does not change the action, just the result and charge.

Ditto this.

Paldias
Feb 14th, 2006, 11:23 PM
:o

tennislover
Feb 15th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Cheney's gross negligence in this matter should be subject to criminal prosecution, and at the very least, investigation, REGARDLESS of whether the man dies or not. It does not change the action, just the result and charge.

If he was anyone but a higher up in this administration, his ass would have been breathalyzed, blood tested, and every ass clown there would have been immediately brought down for an interview with the local police department. So much for that no man is above the law bullshit.

Meanwhile they joke and play off how it was just a minor thing. Minor my ass. You don't get shot in the head, neck and chest at fairly close range and have it be a joking matter. I don't care if it was just bird shot. If it penetrates the skin, it can kill you. Not to mention the trauma for a person Whittington's age. People should be raising hell about this, but of course, most will not. The poor chap will have to die before anyone gets pissed.

Well, officer, I was driving my car, made that quick turn and didn't see the guy...guess what, that's still reckless, and still manslughter. Cheney was reckless, CLEARLY. Anytime you shoot someone like this, YOU ARE AT FAULT! Period.

Edit: I also find it odd, that if this is so minor and he was fine and dandy, how come no interviews? How come no family saying anything? How come no pictures? Because it is not minor and the family has been hushed!

they call it "manslaughter": obviously cheney must be charged and clearly he was reckless and has to pay in some way but i don't think he is a murderer

Mattographer
Feb 15th, 2006, 12:20 PM
I guess someone had read a James Patterson novel "First to Die" where it had a victim has a heart attack before got murdered! :lol:

lizchris
Feb 15th, 2006, 01:06 PM

Accidents can also be called manslaughter, which he could be chanrged with if this man dies if it is shown he showed disregsrd to human life and from what I have seen so far, he passes the test to be guilty of manslaughter.

Halardfan
Feb 15th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Its the hunting thing I don't like...I was dismayed when John Kerry was pictured out hunting that time too...I just think that going out and blowing helpless animals to bits for a laugh is just plain wrong, whoever is pulling the trigger.

But yes, its that bit worse when its a f*ckwit like Cheney. ;)