PDA

View Full Version : Janet Jackson is Too Fat to Sing

Kunal
Feb 14th, 2006, 04:40 AM
http://www.egotastic.com/entertainment/celebrities/janet-jackson/janet-jackson-is-too-fat-to-sing-000927

Have you ever wondered what happens to pop stars who were once thin and sexy, but then balloon up in weight so that they're hardly recognizable? Well, in the case of Janet Jackson, her record label, Virgin Records, is refusing to release her latest album until Jackson loses weight, and returns to her former size. Page Six reports that this latest humiliation is just another in a long line of unpleasant events in Janet Jackson's life, of late.

"Janet had a really bad year," our spy said. "After the incident at the Super Bowl [two years ago], it just went downhill. Her album 'Damita Jo' was a flop. Then her brother Michael had the child-molestation trial - it just wasn't good to her."

Jackson found solace in food and, as recent photos will attest, has packed on the pounds. "This new album is supposed to be pretty good, but Virgin feels it can't market it without Janet being back in fighting form, so they have hired her a personal trainer and put her on a diet. She has to lose at least 20 pounds."

But a pal said: "Janet always gains weight when she's not working - and always loses it in time to promote her albums. Janet always takes care of it when it matters."

20 pounds!? It looks to me like she's gonna need to lose a lot more than that to be anywhere near her former glory. In all honesty, though, I'm fine with her staying the way she is. Who needs another Janet Jackson album, anyway?

Wigglytuff
Feb 14th, 2006, 05:21 AM
well it looks like shes lots alot already

BigB08822
Feb 14th, 2006, 05:55 AM
She definitely lost a lot compared to a few months ago. She is on her way back and she does this during her breaks between albums all the time.

JonBcn
Feb 14th, 2006, 06:28 AM
Interesting how men are never told they're too fat to sing.

skanky~skanketta
Feb 14th, 2006, 06:53 AM
wtf?that's so stupid.

PamShriverRockz
Feb 14th, 2006, 08:01 AM

Elvis ;)

They're rarely told they are too old to sing/act either!

Sevenseas
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:09 AM
I have no doubt she will regain her form with all that effort and patience.

Go Janet! :worship:

Kart
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Janet :hearts:

Scotso
Feb 14th, 2006, 01:38 PM

That's really not true. There are almost as many pressures on male stars to look good as on females.

Martian KC
Feb 14th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Is this why she's been losing weight thus far?:o

SelesFan70
Feb 14th, 2006, 02:18 PM
I've never thought of Janet as a "singer"...she's more of a performer.

volta
Feb 14th, 2006, 02:38 PM
that is bullshit i dont believe it :lol: can yall even imagine Virgin having the guts to say " Janet u have to lose weight or no new album" :lol: they wont dare to insult her like that and afford to lose their biggest artist. not to mention that they know that there are ALOT record labels that would die to have Janet in their label ;) not to mention that JD Janet's boyfriend is Virgin's Urban President

anyway i want Janet to get out of Virgin SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad Virgin sucks major elephant balls at promotion and they dont really care all that much about their artists just look at Lenny Kravitz , Rolling Stones.... the artist from Virgin have to the promotion themselfs i hate Virgin records Thank God this is the last(or she has 1 more i dont remember) album Janet is making with them (and hopefully she wont resign with them) sign with Jive Janet :hearts:

Kunal
Feb 14th, 2006, 06:58 PM
it seems ashanti is goin down the same road....shes thunder thighs now.

ico4498
Feb 14th, 2006, 07:39 PM
shouldn't that be "too fat for the music video"?

proof positive that video has trumped audio in today's music market.

anyone remember "Two Tons of Fun"?

Wsisters45
Feb 14th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Wow. Nice message this is sending out to young kids,paticulary girls. :o

jenny161185
Feb 14th, 2006, 10:40 PM
wow this was just on the news in the showbiz section!!!

Sonja
Feb 14th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Geebus Christ

Janet rules

(and I agree, ditch the label!)

kes
Feb 14th, 2006, 11:23 PM

:worship::worship:

quite!!! lol

i saw pavarotti singing at the olympics opening ceremony!!

anyone going to tell him he's too fat??? lol

LefandePatty
Feb 15th, 2006, 04:15 AM
:haha:

Kunal
Feb 15th, 2006, 04:41 AM
she oughta find a label than doesnt give a damn bout her appearance...that might be hard to do though

E. Blackadder
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Her gaining weight had nothing to do with 'going downhill'. She wanted to play a role in a motion picture and therefore had to gain a lot of weight! Naive as she was she tried but in the end Janet didn't get the role and now she's stuck with her fat.... :sad:

Zhao
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:46 AM
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/janet%20ordered%20to%20lose%20weight_13_02_2006

Chrissie-fan
Feb 15th, 2006, 08:55 AM
:worship::worship:

quite!!! lol

i saw pavarotti singing at the olympics opening ceremony!!

anyone going to tell him he's too fat??? lol
Yeah, but the difference is that Janet Jackson's popularity was not the result of her singing voice. It was because of the dancing, the act, the image. For Pavarotti it doesn't matter that he looks like the Titanic because he's not expected to start doing the funky chicken or the moonwalk when he sings those Puccini and Verdi arias.

Kunal
Feb 15th, 2006, 09:12 AM
the funky chicken! LOL

Fantastic
Feb 15th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Mariah Carey fluctuates between curvaceous, skinny and plump all the time, but has never been ordered to lose weight in time for an album to be released. Perhaps this is because she's actually a singer and her voice sells the album itself to a very wide audience anyway. Janet can't rely on her voice to sell albums. For her, it's all in the marketing, the image, the phat beats and the melodies. Her voice is merely the little signature in the corner of a painting.

Still, it's sad that she was told to do this. I naively thought that Janet was the one in control of what happens and always had the final say. I thought her losing weight before previous albums was always as a result of her own discipline (which really should have already been there if she was a disciplined person to begin with). As for her current weight situation, she can't really blame Michael's problems for her own problems. And the pressure she felt after the "wardrobe malfunction" incident was almost two years ago. She's had plenty of time to sort herself out.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Feb 15th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Janet always plumbs up when she is on hiatus, everyone who knows about Janet knows this. She'll be back don't worry. Honestly I think Janet looks cuter with a little bit of weight, like how she looked when she was in the Nutty Professor II and the "Doesn't Really Matter" video. Can't wait to hear the new album though :drool:

PaulieM
Feb 15th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Janet always plumbs up when she is on hiatus, everyone who knows about Janet knows this. She'll be back don't worry. Honestly I think Janet looks cuter with a little bit of weight, like how she looked when she was in the Nutty Professor II and the "Doesn't Really Matter" video. Can't wait to hear the new album though :drool:
ditto. :)