PDA

View Full Version : Mariah threw a tanty and wouldn't come out after the Grammy's...

spiceboy
Feb 13th, 2006, 06:50 PM
R'N'B diva Mariah Carey reportedly refused to leave her Grammys dressing room because she didn't win Best Album. She allegedly sulked because U2 won for How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. A source said to the New York Post: "She ended up back at her hotel with a small group of friends." Last week, it was claimed the star - who won three awards - was angry Madonna opened the ceremony. An insider said to the New York Daily News Mariah "really wanted to open the show with ... We Belong Together." But Madonna allegedly threatened to boycott the show if she didn't get top billing. A source revealed: "Mariah was also steaming last summer when Madonna stole the show at Live 8." - From BANG Showbiz

http://entertainment.news.com.au/?from=ninews_leftnav (http://entertainment.news.com.au/?from=ninews_leftnav)

skanky~skanketta
Feb 13th, 2006, 06:52 PM
well duh!to be shut out from the big titles when you were clearly the best in two of the categories. i would have been just as pissed!

Pheobo
Feb 13th, 2006, 06:53 PM
HAHAHAHAHA

Not only did she lose the award, but she lost it to U2! How pathetic.

How could anyone like her? She's such a baby.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Feb 13th, 2006, 06:55 PM
well duh!to be shut out from the big titles when you were clearly the best in two of the categories. i would have been just as pissed!

exactly!!!!

U2 suck and they didn't deserve all those awards. I'm not saying Mariah deserved all the awards U2 won, but there were other people who deserved those awards!!!

skanky~skanketta
Feb 13th, 2006, 06:57 PM
HAHAHAHAHA

How could anyone like her? She's such a baby.said the big jennifer capriati fan. go figure.

SilK
Feb 13th, 2006, 08:11 PM
:bs:

I mean, didn't she have like a HUGE afterparty thingy with Jermaine? :shrug:

Ryan
Feb 13th, 2006, 08:32 PM
:lol: Surprise surprise.

F-R-E-A-K
Feb 13th, 2006, 09:18 PM
:haha: Awww poor Moooriah!! :help:

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 14th, 2006, 12:54 AM
whenever a "journalist" uses the verbs "reportedly" "allegedly" or "says a source," then you have to ask is the story even true? Team Mariah!

SelesFan70
Feb 14th, 2006, 01:18 AM
Mariah can sing circles around U2, Madonna, and Mary J. Blige all night long. :wavey:

harloo
Feb 14th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Mariah had her own after party and was seen in many pictures with other celebs. It looks like someone has it wrong again.:o

GrandSlam05
Feb 14th, 2006, 02:07 AM
Mariah can sing circles around U2, Madonna, and Mary J. Blige all night long. :wavey:
Yeah, like 10 years ago. Neither her material nor her voice is what it used to be. Just because millions buy her album doesn't mean she put out the best album.

Malin
Feb 14th, 2006, 02:17 AM
Mariah's voice and songs suck ass

Kunal
Feb 14th, 2006, 03:18 AM
mariah joins the list of paul mcartney as sour losers

what pansies

-SheLL-
Feb 14th, 2006, 05:15 AM

Totally agree with u... :)

whenever a "journalist" uses the
verbs "reportedly" "allegedly" or "says a source," then you have to ask is the story even true? Team Mariah!

Booyeh...!!..Team Mariah All The Way..!!.. :bounce:

HAHAHAHAHA
How could anyone like her? She's such a baby.

I like her and ur a BABY....

Mariah's voice and songs suck ass

u suck ass... :fiery:

Dawn Marie
Feb 14th, 2006, 06:04 AM
I don't think Mariah is like the spoiled brat the media make her out to be. I do think her album was overated. Hell I think most of the damn music that was nominated was garbage and overated junk.

What is happening is that people are buying Mariah's music but the music is not all that great imho. For some reason I used to love her videos and her personality but lately I am not feeling her. I honestly think it is her public persona that is not to my taste anymore. That blonde weave is disatrous and looking too young for her and her clothes and high notes annoy me. Yet I KNOW she has a great voice i'ts just not unique.

I know Madonna is not the best singer but she lights up a stage and KNOWS how to perform on the stage. I mean seriously why would I want to see We Belong Together's slow ass song compared to the upbeat Madonna? If you want to draw me in as a viewer then Madonna's performance is how you do it. Honestly Mariah is lokking a bit pudgy too.

Oh Beyonce was looking her same ol tired ass self too. Alicia Keyes looked drab. Gwen looked hot though. Music sure aint what it used to be this is for sure.

Paul Mcartney did sound pretty good.

Wendy Williams
Feb 14th, 2006, 11:04 AM
whenever a "journalist" uses the verbs "reportedly" "allegedly" or "says a source," then you have to ask is the story even true? Team Mariah!

My little sister in my head is on point here. Mimi might've been disappointed but she is too rich and is too busy being a twelve year-old in her head to worry about this crap. :cool:

Martian KC
Feb 14th, 2006, 01:51 PM
She didn't get any awards that night.:haha: Just the 3 that were already announced before the award show.:haha:

alfonsojose
Feb 14th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Maria is U.S. only stuff :yawn:

volta
Feb 14th, 2006, 02:45 PM
well i think that like someone over the Janet board said that she didnt win the major's cuz the votes were most likely split between her and Kanye wich opened space for the other artists to get them like it happend.

katiektc
Feb 14th, 2006, 02:49 PM
:lol: Aw, I love Mariah ;)

PamShriverRockz
Feb 14th, 2006, 06:00 PM
:lol: Aw, I love Mariah ;)

Me too ;) Endless entertainment!

the cat
Feb 14th, 2006, 06:10 PM
I don't blame Mariah for being upset about the Grammy's snubbing her in the major Pop awards. She has the most #1 songs ever for a female singer and has a wonderful voice yet has never won the Grammy's Best female Pop Vocal performance. :scratch: I think the only major Grammy she ever won was as a newcomer in 1991. I don't get how female singers who aren't at Mariah's talent or success level win Best Female Pop Vocal award and Mariah never does. :confused: One of the reasons I stopped watching the Grammy's back in the 1990's was their consistently poor treatment of Mariah as a singer.

samn
Feb 14th, 2006, 06:31 PM
She has the most #1 songs ever for a female singer and has a wonderful voice yet has never won the Grammy's Best female Pop Vocal performance. :scratch:

I think you're mistaken. I remembered reading in a report on the Grammys that Carey won two awards in 1991, so I looked it up.

BEST NEW ARTIST: Mariah Carey (Columbia Records)

BEST POP VOCAL PERFORMANCE BY A FEMALE: Vision of Love (Mariah Carey)

The article did mention that, following those two wins for her debut record, Carey did not win a single Grammy until she picked up a few honours in the R&B category this year.

Paldias
Feb 14th, 2006, 07:02 PM
That woman is such a bitch :o

the cat
Feb 14th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the info Sam. I stand corrected. Then Mariah Carey hasn't won Best Pop Vocal Performance By A Female at the Grammy's in 15 years in which she's had 15 or so #1 hits. It just doesn't seem right. :( Especially for a singer of her caliber.

Jakeev
Feb 15th, 2006, 09:49 AM
I don't think Mariah is like the spoiled brat the media make her out to be. I do think her album was overated. Hell I think most of the damn music that was nominated was garbage and overated junk.

What is happening is that people are buying Mariah's music but the music is not all that great imho. For some reason I used to love her videos and her personality but lately I am not feeling her. I honestly think it is her public persona that is not to my taste anymore. That blonde weave is disatrous and looking too young for her and her clothes and high notes annoy me. Yet I KNOW she has a great voice i'ts just not unique.

I know Madonna is not the best singer but she lights up a stage and KNOWS how to perform on the stage. I mean seriously why would I want to see We Belong Together's slow ass song compared to the upbeat Madonna? If you want to draw me in as a viewer then Madonna's performance is how you do it. Honestly Mariah is lokking a bit pudgy too.

Oh Beyonce was looking her same ol tired ass self too. Alicia Keyes looked drab. Gwen looked hot though. Music sure aint what it used to be this is for sure.

Paul Mcartney did sound pretty good.

The fact that Madonna still commands attention over Mariah though was not that surprising. She is still THE QUEEN I guess no matter how many more records Mariah sells.

But, truth be told the BEST female album this year was Extroardinary Machine by Fiona Apple. She really should have won.....:sad:

Maria Croft
Feb 15th, 2006, 10:53 AM
what a bullshit story