PDA

View Full Version : Neely, I saw you on Larry King this weekend

Sally Struthers
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:38 PM
... and DAMN... you looked like Hell! No offense but you looked bad. I guess the recovery isn't going as quickly as you hoped. :kiss:

Helen Lawson
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:41 PM
... and DAMN... you looked like Hell! No offense but you looked bad. I guess the recovery isn't going as quickly as you hoped. :kiss:
Is that the heart special? I saw it promoted, but I didn't watch.

Hon, Neely's had a hard life and all, life-long chain-smoking, lithium treatments, a string of husbands, still not sure who the straight one's dad is. All the red ones. She's had it rough. That broad was full-time on Broadway like at 12!

I'm sure she'll bounce back, she doesn't want to give up her title as Miss Over-50 Lifetime TV Movie Staple.

Sally Struthers
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:44 PM

Hon, Neely's had a hard life and all, life-long chain-smoking, lithium treatments, a string of husbands, still not sure who the straight one's dad is. All the red ones. She's had it rough. That broad was full-time on Broadway like at 12!

I'm sure she'll bounce back, she doesn't want to give up her title as Miss Over-50 Lifetime TV Movie Staple.

I think it was the heart special. I only caught a few minutes of it and by then she was talking about being certified crazy.

Helen Lawson
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:48 PM
I think it was the heart special. I only caught a few minutes of it and by then she was talking about being certified crazy.

I still can't understand why she hasn't landed endorsements with the pharmaceutical companies. Between you and me, hon, if you had to live down a performance like she did in "Valley of the Dolls" then you'd be nuts for life, too. I'm still holding out that she'll do commentary for the upcoming DVD, but given she's called it the "nadir" of her career, I think we're more likely to see Faye Dunaway do commentary on the Mommie Dearest DVD.

Helen Lawson
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:54 PM
And let's face it, when you're up against hotties like Sharon Tate and Barbara Parkins, you're bound to develop a complex.

http://www.americanphoto.co.jp/photosearch/Previews/PLX039701.jpg

Sally Struthers
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:57 PM
I still can't understand why she hasn't landed endorsements with the pharmaceutical companies. Between you and me, hon, if you had to live down a performance like she did in "Valley of the Dolls" then you'd be nuts for life, too. I'm still holding out that she'll do commentary for the upcoming DVD, but given she's called it the "nadir" of her career, I think we're more likely to see Faye Dunaway do commentary on the Mommie Dearest DVD.

I'm looking through Neely's impressive filmography after her lowpoint in Valley of the Dolls. I loved "The Sixth Sense: with Affections, Jack the Ripper," "Mom, the Wolfman, and Me," "Please DOn't Hit Me, Mom," and my personal favorite "There's No Place Like Homo." :lol:

Helen Lawson
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:58 PM
It takes someone crazy to get under Lucy's skin!

http://www.lucilleball.net/collection/mags/tv.r.mirr.70-09.jpg

Helen Lawson
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:59 PM
I'm looking through Neely's impressive filmography after her lowpoint in Valley of the Dolls. I loved "The Sixth Sense: with Affections, Jack the Ripper," "Mom, the Wolfman, and Me," and my personal favorite "Please Don't Hit Me, Mom." :lol:

Yes, and Dunaway has "The Wicked Lady," "Supergirl" and the memorable, "Beverly Hills Madam."

Sally Struthers
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:01 PM
I had to change my favorite when I saw "There's No Place Like Homo" in her list :haha:

Sally Struthers
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:02 PM

So technically she was somewhat of a pedophile? :o

Helen Lawson
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:05 PM
If someone named a board game after me, I might go nuts, too! They should have done a Valley of the Dolls board game where the 4 leads are after as many "dolls" as they can collect, and of the right color of course. Instead of "Go Directly To Jail" it could be "Go Directly to Rehab." They could have spots like "Lyon Burke's Beachhouse," "Helen Lawson's Penthouse," "Anne Welles' Lawrenceville Home" and "Neely's Nuthouse."

http://www.ahs.uwaterloo.ca/~museum/TV%20Games/pattyduke/PattyDuke%20Box.JPG

Helen Lawson
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:06 PM
So technically she was somewhat of a pedophile? :o

I think she was like the same age as Desi, Jr., so she beat the statutory rape charges.

*JR*
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Peppermint Patty! :D

Neely OHara
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:11 PM

Why do you always ignore Cathy? :( She feels neglected. :sad:

Neely OHara
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:13 PM

Hel, Larry put me up at the Four Seasons. I couldn't turn it down. I'm up for a role as Meredith Baxter's nana. Wish me luck!

Sally Struthers
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:14 PM
If someone named a board game after me, I might go nuts, too! They should have done a Valley of the Dolls board game where the 4 leads are after as many "dolls" as they can collect, and of the right color of course. Instead of "Go Directly To Jail" it could be "Go Directly to Rehab." They could have spots like "Lyon Burke's Beachhouse," "Helen Lawson's Penthouse," "Anne Welles' Lawrenceville Home" and "Neely's Nuthouse."

http://www.ahs.uwaterloo.ca/~museum/TV%20Games/pattyduke/PattyDuke%20Box.JPG

I had a game too but I didn't go nuts.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/browser.php?itemtype=image&gameid=9236&sortby=date

Helen Lawson
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:14 PM

Yes, but the difference is, you better not call one of them Anna!

Sally Struthers
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Hel, Larry put me up at the Four Seasons. I couldn't turn it down. I'm up for a role as Meredith Baxter's nana. Wish me luck!

Oh well shit, if Larry put me up in a swanky place like that I'd have spilled my guts on national TV too!

Helen Lawson

Shit, I can't even land granny parts anymore. :fiery:

Thank God the Japanese love cigarettes, or I'd have to move in with one of the twins! :o

Neely OHara

Hon, be a friend. What are you trying to do ? Send me back to Coeur D'Alene?

Neely OHara
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Shit, I can't even land granny parts anymore. :fiery:

Thank God the Japanese love cigarettes, or I'd have to move in with one of the twins! :o

But, hon, I don't think you realise that Merdeith Baxter is only a YEAR younger than me! :sobbing:

Helen Lawson
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:19 PM
But, hon, I don't think you realise that Merdeith Baxter is only a YEAR younger than me! :sobbing:

Oh, my. :( I still only remember her in the Betty Broderick story, when she still was 30-something.

Hon, you want old? The twins turn 61 like in a week. 61!!!

Sally Struthers
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:19 PM

Neely, all you need is a little repair work and maintenance and you'll be landing Baxter's roles in no time. Give Joan a call. She'll hook you up with a good surgeon (or at least allow you to know who not to go to :tape: )

Neely OHara
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Oh, my. :( I still only remember her in the Betty Broderick story, when she still was 30-something.

Hon, you want old? The twins turn 61 like in a week. 61!!!

I know, Hel. I don't know how to tell you this but Tim and I have been having an affair. :o I bought him a cardigan for his birthday. Hopw you don't mind.

Neely OHara
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Neely, all you need is a little repair work and maintenance and you'll be landing Baxter's roles in no time. Give Joan a call. She'll hook you up with a good surgeon (or at least allow you to know who not to go to :tape: )

Thanks, hon! Meredith loves to call me Miss O'Hara to hide the fact that she is a year younger and I just have to put a fake smile on my face because she has more clout in the world of Lifetime. :(

Helen Lawson
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:27 PM
I know, Hel. I don't know how to tell you this but Tim and I have been having an affair. :o I bought him a cardigan for his birthday. Hopw you don't mind.

Well, at 61 years old, I guess Tim can lead his own life. Anyway, he spilled his guts on A&E Biography about me, I mean, when he told me he would discuss me and Jess fighting, I assumed he'd slant it like Jess beat me instead of saying I beat Jess as good as he beat me! :fiery: Anyway, Greg's always been my favorite, going to vet school and all.

Helen Lawson
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Thanks, hon! Meredith loves to call me Miss O'Hara to hide the fact that she is a year younger and I just have to put a fake smile on my face because she has more clout in the world of Lifetime. :(

Tell her Betty Broderick just got paroled, that'll shut up her little act to you! :D

Helen Lawson
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Betty Broderick:

http://www.amiannoying.com/(2d2l5145g251wr552oejedj3)/view.aspx?ID=5482

Sally Struthers
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Well, at 61 years old, I guess Tim can lead his own life. Anyway, he spilled his guts on A&E Biography about me, I mean, when he told me he would discuss me and Jess fighting, I assumed he'd slant it like Jess beat me instead of saying I beat Jess as good as he beat me! :fiery: Anyway, Greg's always been my favorite, going to vet school and all.

Well shit, it could be worse. Like one of them having an affair with Bette Davis earlier.

Neely OHara
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:33 PM

Greg was my favourite as well and I even threw myself at him but he was such a gentleman, "Miss O'Hara, I'm flattered but you are one of my mother's OLDEST friends...." So I settled for Tim. Forgive me, hon. :o

Helen Lawson
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Well shit, it could be worse. Like one of them having an affair with Bette Davis earlier.

Well, I would have disinherited them for that. They can mess around with a famous actress as long as she's not as talented as me. But someone who's more famous than me, my ego can't handle it.

Helen Lawson
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Greg was my favourite as well and I even threw myself at him but he was such a gentleman, "Miss O'Hara, I'm flattered but you are one of my mother's OLDEST friends...." So I settled for Tim. Forgive me, hon. :o

Go for it, hon. I can't be around forever to boss them around and run their lives like any good diva would. So, it can pass to you for Tim.

SelesFan70
OMG @ this thread... :haha:

Sally Struthers
Well, I would have disinherited them for that. They can mess around with a famous actress as long as she's not as talented as me. But someone who's more famous than me, my ego can't handle it.

Is it true what they say about you and Bette where after filming a movie together she ripped off her wig, threw it into your face, and told you to go fuck yourself?

Sue Lyon
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:38 PM

If it's any consolation, Miss Lawson, Bette Davis was nowhere near as versatile as you and many of her performances bordered on caricatures.

Helen Lawson
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Is it true what they say about you and Bette where after filming a movie together she ripped off her wig, threw it into your face, and told you to go fuck yourself?

No, that was Neely. Bette and I, though we feuded, had a base-line respect for each other. Plus, we both wore wigs, so two can rip, you know what I mean? She hated it that I was personal friends with Greta Garbo and that Garbo counted ME, not Bette, as one of her all-time favorites. In "Where the Love Has Gone" I did get to take a big knife and slash a portrait of Bette, who was playing my mother. :lol:

Helen Lawson
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:43 PM
If it's any consolation, Miss Lawson, Bette Davis was nowhere near as versatile as you and many of her performances bordered on caricatures.

No way would I have done "Baby Jane" with Joan Crawford. Of course, Liz could have been the stupid bitch in the wheelchair and I could have been Baby Jane to her. Hmmm, that would have been good come to think of it.

Sally Struthers
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:44 PM
No, that was Neely. Bette and I, though we feuded, had a base-line respect for each other. Plus, we both wore wigs, so two can rip, you know what I mean? She hated it that I was personal friends with Greta Garbo and that Garbo counted ME, not Bette, as one of her all-time favorites. In "Where the Love Has Gone" I did get to take a big knife and slash a portrait of Bette, who was playing my mother. :lol:

so you can relate with Neely's Meridith Baxter problem except in reverse :lol:

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 13th, 2006, 06:30 PM
I loved this movie! Neely was sooo cute! But Sharon Tate is just beautiful, and it was sad when Jennifer died :sad: and in real life when she died :sad: We miss you Sharon :sad:

And let's face it, when you're up against hotties like Sharon Tate and Barbara Parkins, you're bound to develop a complex.

http://www.americanphoto.co.jp/photosearch/Previews/PLX039701.jpg

Helen Lawson
Feb 13th, 2006, 06:58 PM
I loved this movie! Neely was sooo cute! But Sharon Tate is just beautiful, and it was sad when Jennifer died :sad: and in real life when she died :sad: We miss you Sharon :sad:

So, what did you think of me, hon! :D

As cheesy and stupid as Jennifer's death scene is, I do tear up some when she's taking the pills in front of the mirror with Tony singing that awful song in the background and when her eyes close for the last time on the bed. It stops me from laughing over her line from earlier in the scene, "Let's face it Anne, honey, all I know how to do is take off my clothes." And then Anne telling Jennifer not to be upset over the double mascetomy, because Jennifer can come visit Lyon and Anne at the beach afterwards.

Joan Rivers
Feb 13th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Betty Broderick:

http://www.amiannoying.com/(2d2l5145g251wr552oejedj3)/view.aspx?ID=5482
Betty was sloppy. "Suicides" are far less messy and you don't do jail time. Edgar's gave me my 8th career wind. A wind that didn't get me the part of Betty's sister on that movie. It was a lucky break though as is turned out to be a "The Conqueror"-esque, bad luck-plagued set. Meredith allegedly channelled Betty's aura and let off a round of ammo at the guy playing the husband.

Neely, I missed you on Larry's show but I'm doing a movie with Whoopi. She says
all the Best Supporting Actresses are having their Oscar lunch soon so I'll see you there. I'm taking Marisa Tomei's place. For the 12th straight year.

Helen Lawson
Feb 13th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Betty was sloppy. "Suicides" are far less messy and you don't do jail time. Edgar's gave me my 8th career wind. A wind that didn't get me the part of Betty's sister on that movie. It was a lucky break though as is turned out to be a "The Conqueror"-esque, bad luck-plagued set. Meredith allegedly channelled Betty's aura and let off a round of ammo at the guy playing the husband.

Neely, I missed you on Larry's show but I'm doing a movie with Whoopi. She says
all the Best Supporting Actresses are having their Oscar lunch soon so I'll see you there. I'm taking Marisa Tomei's place. For the 12th straight year.

Betty was nuts, and after all, she wasn't the "hardened" career-woman with the experience she needed to pull off the "suicide" like a certain hardened comedienne we all know and love. ;)

The real life case was far, far funnier than anything they did on Lifetime. First of all, Dan Broderick and his new wife baited Betty A LOT. They would send her brochures from a plastic surgeon's office with a note, "Betty, do you need this?" Then, they'd send a picture of Dan and the new wife at a party with a note, "Eat your heart out, bitch." Fun times all around!!! :lol:

Helen Lawson
Feb 13th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Here's the rest of them:

Dan Broderick http://www.amiannoying.com/(2d2l5145g251wr552oejedj3)/view.aspx?ID=5672

Linda Broderick http://www.amiannoying.com/(2d2l5145g251wr552oejedj3)/view.aspx?ID=5673