PDA

View Full Version : Elena's religion

space_gracie
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:18 AM
Hi guys!

I'm just curious... What is Elena's religion? I don't have any idea and I just want to know. I hope someone can answer my question.:)

azmad_88
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:45 AM
i think she is christian

space_gracie
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:23 AM
how did you know? and what type of christian is she? catholic, protestant or others?

Swiss Ivo
Feb 13th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Hi guys!

I'm just curious... What is Elena's religion? I don't have any idea and I just want to know. I hope someone can answer my question.:)

Russian Orthodox! :angel:

Danči Dementia
Feb 13th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Russian Orthodox! :angel:
yes 'cos she is russian :lol: :lol: or maybe she does'nt have religion or believe in any 'cos a lot of russian doesn't believe in anything of that(don't de mad at me if this is not tru but my teacher of hystori comment this to me ;) )

miffedmax
Feb 13th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Unlike a lot of players, Russian and otherwise, I've never seen Elena wearing anything like a cross or whatever that would advertise her religious beliefs. Given the fact she's Russian, Orthodox or nonreligious would be good guesses.

Her grandparents on one side live in Riga, and so there might be some ethnic Latvian ties in her family somewhere, in which case she might be Lutheran or Catholic.

My guess is given her private nature we're not likely to hear a whole lot about Elena's religious beliefs, though, so we can just go on speculating forever.

Dementinator
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:28 PM
well she is a Goddess her self ,so pointless to worship anything else

Fearful Jesuit
Feb 13th, 2006, 07:29 PM
she was born during the communism, the communists are atheists, so...

lesclau
Feb 15th, 2006, 01:43 PM
IMO the question should not be about Elena's religion but if we are prepared to make Elena our religion; our Golden Goddess. I am. Anyone else?.
Les

rheumaKai
Feb 16th, 2006, 07:40 PM
she isn´t a moslem girl

Mathijs
Feb 16th, 2006, 07:42 PM
she isn´t a moslem girl

Offcourse not what's that for kind of bollocks? :(

Swiss Ivo
Feb 16th, 2006, 09:05 PM
she isn´t a moslem girl
:confused: :confused: :confused:

norge
Mar 21st, 2006, 04:36 AM
Well, Elena doesn't wear her religion on her sleeve so the only thing we can do is speculate. Some kind of Christian is probably right, but religious views were squashed and forgotten in Russia and many generations grew up with no religious identity at all.

I didn't grow up knowing much or anything about Russian Orthodoxy or Protestantism, even though I didn't grow up behind the Iron Curtain. you just have your New Years tree that becomes a Christmas Tree in the states.

elena4vrishu
Apr 2nd, 2006, 09:08 AM
Well, Elena doesn't wear her religion on her sleeve so the only thing we can do is speculate. Some kind of Christian is probably right, but religious views were squashed and forgotten in Russia and many generations grew up with no religious identity at all.

I didn't grow up knowing much or anything about Russian Orthodoxy or Protestantism, even though I didn't grow up behind the Iron Curtain. you just have your New Years tree that becomes a Christmas Tree in the states.

But MASHA though Russian wears Cristian signs like cruse(spell check)..?

gentzy
Apr 2nd, 2006, 01:16 PM
I don't know what this "cruse" is...maybe you ment Cross....

mostefan
Apr 9th, 2006, 11:42 AM
It's weird :rolleyes:
Sorry but vast majority of those who posted just have no idea on the subject...

The topic is rather intimate I'd say - do you stll think we are all robots obeying the authorities? or fashion for that matter - so I for one don't think it's for discussion. Anyhow the Russian Orthodox would be the answer nearest to truth...

Btw, I can understand norge's way of thought but it's not true, sorry.
Don't judge by press releases and bad history-textbooks...

wkryst
Aug 18th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Is is a pity you have so little knowlegde about russian culture and society - some of the posts show ignorance.
Elena is in the Ortodox Russian Church, and not showing any crosses or similar things doesn't prove non-believing...

Danči Dementia
Aug 18th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Is is a pity you have so little knowlegde about russian culture and society - some of the posts show ignorance.
Elena is in the Ortodox Russian Church, and not showing any crosses or similar things doesn't prove non-believing...

WTF were you waiting for??????????????? we don't live in Russia how the hell you want us to know if we do not live in there, we don't have to know why????????????????????????????????? I mean Russia is not even in my continent(But I love Russia a lot really) so why should we know :rolleyes:.

Like PituBellyButton said about Lena being born in the comunism and as far as I know or what I've been teach is that they were/are atheists.

So you are assuring that Lena is in the Ortodox Russian Church, she told you that or what????????????????????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wkryst
Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:14 AM
WTF were you waiting for??????????????? we don't live in Russia how the hell you want us to know if we do not live in there, we don't have to know why????????????????????????????????? I mean Russia is not even in my continent(But I love Russia a lot really) so why should we know :rolleyes:.

Like PituBellyButton said about Lena being born in the comunism and as far as I know or what I've been teach is that they were/are atheists.

So you are assuring that Lena is in the Ortodox Russian Church, she told you that or what????????????????????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I also know the religion of President Bush, and he neither told me nor I live on his continent. When I do not know something I try to read... that the secrect.
No hard feelings !
But for me it is still so difficult to understand how people use sterotypes than facts...

It is also strange what you say about communism and atheism. It is worth stressing that the church played a key role in collapsing the communism. And in some countries, treated as former communist, the atheism level is... ca. 1%

TaliaSecondServe
Sep 25th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Small historical review :lol:

Russia has always been very religious country (Christianity - Orthodoxy :worship: :D ). The "communists time" lasted only for 70 years (and Russia exists for more than 1000 years :D ) and couldn't destroy the whole culture. And even during the soviet times many people still believed, although had to hide it.
Soviet goverment tried to grade the Russian church cause communism was kind of religion itself...

As about Elena... Hard to say. Probably her family was not very religious and so she is - the fact that she is not wearing cross... But I don't know exactly. It's an interesting question :confused: , try to find out.

Danči Dementia
Sep 26th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Small historical review :lol:

Russia has always been very religious country (Christianity - Orthodoxy :worship: :D ). The "communists time" lasted only for 70 years (and Russia exists for more than 1000 years :D ) and couldn't destroy the whole culture. And even during the soviet times many people still believed, although had to hide it.
Soviet goverment tried to grade the Russian church cause communism was kind of religion itself...

As about Elena... Hard to say. Probably her family was not very religious and so she is - the fact that she is not wearing cross... But I don't know exactly. It's an interesting question :confused: , try to find out.

thanks for these facts :) .
So I was wrong then............. sorry.

So when you are an orthodox you have to wear a cross???? :confused: Nastya has one rigth??????? I saw a pic in a magazine where she is wearing a cross....... Maria also has one.

I'm a catholic and I wear a thing too,(I don't know the name in english how to say it 'cos is not a cross) its a Vrigin the "Virgen de Guadalupe" (the mother of all the mexicans :worship: )catholics believe in Virgins and Saints.
And the story of the aparition of this Virgin is so cute.

TaliaSecondServe
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:17 PM
So when you are an orthodox you have to wear a cross????
You don't HAVE to, but usually they wear. It's a cross with Jesus crucifed on it, sometimes just a cross.
And what about Virgin? It's something like a small figure of her or what?) All catholics wear this thing or not? Just curious cause I thought I saw in films that not only orthodox wear crosses...
So I was wrong then............. sorry.
It's ok :) , it's quite understandable that we usually learn some stereotypical and sometimes wrong opinions about foreign nations from schoolbooks, teachers and from Mass Media also...

quasar
Sep 30th, 2006, 06:23 AM
I think whoever it was that said Elena is a Goddess herself had it right. :)

wkrist,

You mention the Church playing a key role in the downfall of communism. Would you be so kind as to elaborate? Just curious. :)

Dani,

Podés pls contarnos la historia de la aparición de la Virgen de Guadalupe?

Cheers,

Carlos

Danči Dementia
Oct 1st, 2006, 02:23 AM
You don't HAVE to, but usually they wear. It's a cross with Jesus crucifed on it, sometimes just a cross.
And what about Virgin? It's something like a small figure of her or what?) All catholics wear this thing or not? Just curious cause I thought I saw in films that not only orthodox wear crosses...

It's ok :) , it's quite understandable that we usually learn some stereotypical and sometimes wrong opinions about foreign nations from schoolbooks, teachers and from Mass Media also...

yeah its a small figure of her................. in the back it says "que no estoy yo aqui que soy tu Madre" wich means something like " am I not here that I'm your mother" and its in gold my mother gave it to me as a gift when I did my "primera comunion" almost 12 years ago .

catholics wear cross or figures of the Virgins(there are a lot if Virgins it depends on the country) my father and grandfather](and I don't remember if my brother too) wear a cross with Jesus crucifed on it ;) .
Talking about my country the religion is such and important deal and specially the virgin our Virgin :worship: :) .

I will tell how we venerate our Virgin and the story of the Virgin(if you want to of course) 'cos rigth now I have to go :bolt:

:wavey: :wavey:

take care :wavey:

Danči Dementia
Oct 1st, 2006, 02:25 AM
I think whoever it was that said Elena is a Goddess herself had it right. :)

wkrist,

You mention the Church playing a key role in the downfall of communism. Would you be so kind as to elaborate? Just curious. :)
Dani,

Podés pls contarnos la historia de la aparición de la Virgen de Guadalupe?

Cheers,

Carlos

This is getting interesting I think :) .

Hi Carlos :wavey: welcome.

Contare la historia despues vale???? :wavey:

quasar
Oct 5th, 2006, 06:27 AM
Dani,

Diay, qué pasó con la historia de la Virgen de Guadalupe??????

Inquiring people want to know! ::smiley::

Cheers,

Carlos

Ps. Tks for the kind welcome to the boards.

Veritas
Oct 8th, 2006, 01:23 AM
I'm guessing Orthodox Christian, since most of Eastern Europe follows that religion.

Danči Dementia
Oct 8th, 2006, 01:58 AM
Dani,

Diay, qué pasó con la historia de la Virgen de Guadalupe??????

Inquiring people want to know! ::smiley::

Cheers,

Carlos

Ps. Tks for the kind welcome to the boards.

Carlos here you have a link in spanish of course to read the story its kind of long and my english its not good.....sometimes I can't explain what I want to say correctly so here you have:
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgen_de_Guadalupe

If you have any doubt about this don't hesitate ans ask me.

:wavey: :kiss: ;) :)

Danči Dementia
Oct 8th, 2006, 02:01 AM
And here it is the english version....................if someone is interested in know about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Guadalupe

quasar
Oct 8th, 2006, 03:58 AM
Tks for the link! Finally I know the legend of the famous Virgin of Guadalupe! I had watched countless episodes of Marimar praying to "la virgencita de Guadalupe" without actually knowing the story behind her faith. (Something new every day!).

To disseminate knowledge across cultures, here in Costa Rica, we have la Virgen de los Ángeles, whose feast is celebrated every August 2nd (national holyday) in what is called "la Romería", which is basically a pilgrimage where people goes to her Basilica to venerate her and, in many cases, as a fullfillment of promises made to her during the year.

Slds,

Carlos

Danči Dementia
Oct 8th, 2006, 04:15 AM
Tks for the link! Finally I know the legend of the famous Virgin of Guadalupe! I had watched countless episodes of Marimar praying to "la virgencita de Guadalupe" without actually knowing the story behind her faith. (Something new every day!).

To disseminate knowledge across cultures, here in Costa Rica, we have la Virgen de los Ángeles, whose feast is celebrated every August 2nd (national holyday) in what is called "la Romería", which is basically a pilgrimage where people goes to her Basilica to venerate her and, in many cases, as a fullfillment of promises made to her during the year.

Slds,

Carlos

The same thing with my Virgin her day its december 12 :) and people goes and venerate her for example the inmigrant living in the United States make the "maraton guadalupano" and also people from other states go to México city some from very very far.........some people came walking¡¡¡¡¡¡ :eek: just to honore her :worship: :worship: :worship: .
We also celebrate her with parades (en mi cuidad muchos locales, tiendas comerciales empresas etc sacan sus imagenes de la Vírgen y se unen en un gran desfile que termina en la iglesia principal y el sacerdote les bendice las Vírgenes a todos).

We (all the mexican) really have that Virgin inside of us.......I dear to say that we kind of honor her and pray to her more than we do to God himself (I don't know of that is good or bad.......and I don't care).

I'm a proud Guadalupana :bounce: :) :) .

Danči Dementia
Oct 8th, 2006, 04:18 AM
Tks for the link! Finally I know the legend of the famous Virgin of Guadalupe! I had watched countless episodes of Marimar praying to "la virgencita de Guadalupe" without actually knowing the story behind her faith. (Something new every day!).To disseminate knowledge across cultures, here in Costa Rica, we have la Virgen de los Ángeles, whose feast is celebrated every August 2nd (national holyday) in what is called "la Romería", which is basically a pilgrimage where people goes to her Basilica to venerate her and, in many cases, as a fullfillment of promises made to her during the year.

Slds,

Carlos

Marimar praying to the virgencita :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Thalia's soup operas rock :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: .
They are so cool :) .

:singer: :banana: "Marimar.............auch.....costeñita soy con mis abuelos creci yo" :banana: :singer:

I love to remember those times when I was younger and saw those things with my mom :lol: :lol:

I gotta go to sleep.............see you :wavey: :wavey:

quasar
Oct 8th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Hasta mañana si Dios quiere, que descanses bien, llego la hora de acostarse y soñar también, porque mañana será otro día, y hay que vivirlo...con alegría!!!

After reading what you say about la Virgen de Guadalupe, I got curious: Who do Mexicans love the most: La Virgencita o el Tri??? :: I ask this sort of kidding::

Cheers,

Carlos

Danči Dementia
Oct 9th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Hasta mañana si Dios quiere, que descanses bien, llego la hora de acostarse y soñar también, porque mañana será otro día, y hay que vivirlo...con alegría!!!

After reading what you say about la Virgen de Guadalupe, I got curious: Who do Mexicans love the most: La Virgencita o el Tri??? :: I ask this sort of kidding::

Cheers,

Carlos

:lol: :lol: now you've got the spirit of topogigio??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

El Tri is an icon for us Alex Lora is the "shit" :worship: :worship: ..........................................but of course the Virgin is way more important for us than El Tri or than anything else :angel: