G1Player2
Feb 13th, 2006, 03:27 AM
hmmm, can I do it in an hour in 15 minutes? :bolt:

that's doable...do u need any help?

Rocketta
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:10 AM
Haha, I did it but she got an unproofread copy... :eek:

:lol:

but I just proof-read it and will resubmit it and say Oh I forgot to add the header you want so here's the report with it included ( oh and this one is proof read :tape: )

Rocketta
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:13 AM
It was midnight by the way when I sent it (I was suppose to send it before midnight :help: )....but considering this teacher doesn't even answer her email...she won't have a problem with it. :shrug:

LeRoy.
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:15 AM
are u always like this with your paper submissions ? start at the 11th hour and get done just about in time to make the deadline ? :o :p :tape: :hehehe:

Congrats on making it this time but next time start earlier :smash: :p :bolt:

Wigglytuff
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:17 AM
so you made it!!woot! :bounce: !!!
what class was this for??
(rocky did you read my netflix horror story??)

Rocketta
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:21 AM
are always like this with your paper submissions ? start at the 11th hour and get done just about in time to make the deadline ? :o :p :tape: :hehehe:

eh, it's getting worse.....:o

Last paper I submitted at 11:45pm before the midnight deadline and then this one...:eek:

but I had to finish a class that I took an incomplete in after a family emergency last semester...so I finished that class on Friday and now all I have is this class... :dance:

LeRoy.
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:24 AM

Last paper I submitted at 11:45pm before the midnight deadline and then this one...:eek:

but I had to finish a class that I took an incomplete in after a family emergency last semester...so I finished that class on Friday and now all I have is this class... :dance:

i'd get so scared if i started writing my papers at the 11th hour. I get too nervous if i have to do things at the 11th hour and end up fucking things real bad so now i plan ahead and get things done way ahead of time. Helps my grades too but you seemed to have a resonable excuse so good on ya to finish on time :wavey:

Rocketta
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:25 AM
so you made it!!woot! :bounce: !!!
what class was this for??
(rocky did you read my netflix horror story??)

Hey Jiggly,

Yeah I read it...Netflix has gone to hell in a hand basket and it's very sad. :sad:

I'm taking Intro to film...so I had to watch a movie and then write a 2-3 page paper...I didn't get home until 8pm had to watch the 2nd half of a basketball game that was on before I left at 2pm so I didn't start watching Hotel Rwanda until 8:30pm and it didn't get over until 10:30-40pm...and got to writing...:lol:

It's not the best but it'll do. :p

G1Player2
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:25 AM

is this an online class or something? you're good!

Rocketta
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:28 AM
i'd get so scared if i started writing my papers at the 11th hour. I get too nervous if i have to do things at the 11th hour and end up fucking things real bad so now i plan ahead and get things done way ahead of time. Helps my grades too but you seemed to have a resonable excuse so good on ya to finish on time :wavey:

sadly it is a way of life for me. :lol: I don't want to say how many grad school papers I wrote on the day they were due....but I would do the research very early I just wouldn't write it until the last minute. :eek:

Rocketta
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:31 AM
is this an online class or something? you're good!

yeah it's online...only way I can take classes as I work full-time. :)

G1Player2
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:32 AM
yeah it's online...only way I can take classes as I work full-time. :)

librarian right?

Wigglytuff
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:43 AM

and i thought i like to wait till the last minute :p

Rocketta
Feb 13th, 2006, 05:03 AM
librarian right?

yup

PamShriverRockz
Feb 13th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Nice work Rocketta :cool: Lol I was always leaving essays to the last minute! Film studies is great though! :D What did you have to look at or was it a general film appreciation?

Rocketta
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Nice work Rocketta :cool: Lol I was always leaving essays to the last minute! Film studies is great though! :D What did you have to look at or was it a general film appreciation?

Hotel Rwanda

PamShriverRockz
Feb 13th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Hotel Rwanda

What was your verdict??? I haven't seen it. I saw in the Movie thread you liked it...

Rocketta
Feb 13th, 2006, 06:48 PM
What was your verdict??? I haven't seen it. I saw in the Movie thread you liked it...

Don Cheadle should've won some awards for that role. It was unbelievably good and suspenseful even though I knew what happened. It was a complete travesty how those people were abandoned.

PamShriverRockz
Feb 13th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Don Cheadle :yeah: I saw the trailers and thought it looked good but missed it in the cinema! One to check out then! Yeah it's terrible what happened :o

skanky~skanketta
Feb 13th, 2006, 06:54 PM
ugh!all this is just reminding me that uni starts soon. end of vacay!:(

Nicjac
Feb 13th, 2006, 07:00 PM

It is strange that universities around the globe have such a different schedule. In Switzerland we just ended the semester last Friday, six weeks break, than we start again end of March. How is this going to raise the mobility concerning exchange students?!? And that is so important because of a) globalisation and b) foreign experiences in the résumé? Duh.

Rocketta
Feb 13th, 2006, 07:54 PM

Ha, please we had registration on January 3 and class started on the 5th. :rain:

LeRoy.
Feb 13th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Hotel Rwanda was a sooo sad movie :sad:

Rocketta
Feb 13th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Hotel Rwanda was a sooo sad movie :sad:

I know.....I was a wreck after watching it and then I had to write the paper...if they hadn't survived...I don't think I could've gotten it written. :scared:

Sonja
Feb 14th, 2006, 12:33 AM
I loved this movie but I cried nearly the entire way through it.

I couldn't get the following quotes out of my head...

Jack (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001618/): [after Paul thanks him for shooting footage of the genocide] I think if people see this footage, they'll say Oh, my God, that's horrible. And then they'll go on eating their dinners.

Colonel Oliver (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000560/): [explaining why the world will not intervene] You're black. You're not even a ******. You're an African.

Rocketta I don't know how you managed to write a paper afterwards!

Rocketta
Feb 14th, 2006, 12:42 AM
I loved this movie but I cried nearly the entire way through it.

I couldn't get the following quotes out of my head...

Jack (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001618/): [after Paul thanks him for shooting footage of the genocide] I think if people see this footage, they'll say Oh, my God, that's horrible. And then they'll go on eating their dinners.

Colonel Oliver (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000560/): [explaining why the world will not intervene] You're black. You're not even a ******. You're an African.

Rocketta I don't know how you managed to write a paper afterwards!

I basically cried all the way through too and it was tough writing the paper afterward most definitely...

How about how the movie started....

George Rutaganda : When people ask me, good listeners, why do I hate all the Tutsi, I say, "Read our history." The Tutsi were collaborators for the Belgian colonists, they stole our Hutu land, they whipped us. Now they have come back, these Tutsi rebels. They are cockroaches. They are murderers. Rwanda is our Hutu land. We are the majority. They are a minority of traitors and invaders. We will squash the infestation. We will wipe out the RPF rebels. This is RTLM, Hutu power radio. Stay alert. Watch your neighbours. :scared:

Rocketta
Feb 14th, 2006, 12:44 AM
How about when Paul was telling the people in the Hotel that they were abandoned and to get on the phone and call everyone they know and to make sure that the people know that if they don't do something they will all die...I believe he put it like "make them feel like they are holding your hand and if they let go of your hand you will die." :sobbing:

BK4ever
Feb 14th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Rockie...stop living on the edge and be a responsible student :D
Reminds me of my college days...the original procrastinator

As for Hotel Rwanda...I love that movie. The entire theatre was bawling as we watched...the most horrific scene was what happened while driving on the back road (dont want to spoil it for anyone else)

Rocketta
Feb 14th, 2006, 01:04 AM
Rockie...stop living on the edge and be a responsible student :D
Reminds me of my college days...the original procrastinator

As for Hotel Rwanda...I love that movie. The entire theatre was bawling as we watched...the most horrific scene was what happened while driving on the back road (dont want to spoil it for anyone else)

I know right...you would think a person could work that out of their system by 36.. :eek: :lol:

You're right about that scene... I don't know how Paul kept it together. :worship:

dementieva's fan
Feb 14th, 2006, 01:11 AM
It was midnight by the way when I sent it (I was suppose to send it before midnight :help: )....but considering this teacher doesn't even answer her email...she won't have a problem with it. :shrug:

In future change your system's clock to like 10pm and then even if you post it after midnight, you could always tell your teacher "Just look at the time I sended it, the server must have been down" ;)

RenaSlam.
Feb 14th, 2006, 01:20 AM
haha dude, you're exactly like me.

its the best way to go (but not really). :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Rocketta
Feb 14th, 2006, 01:24 AM
In future change your system's clock to like 10pm and then even if you post it after midnight, you could always tell your teacher "Just look at the time I sended it, the server must have been down" ;)
Ha, yeah...actually the system clock was wrong as I sent it at 12:00 and it said 12:06am sooooooo I was already going to say something. ;)