PDA

View Full Version : Conan O'Brien Arrives in Finland, Seeks Reward for Finn's Win

CanIGetAWhat
Feb 12th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Conan O'Brien Seeks Reward for Finn's Win

http://www.finlandforthought.net/wp-content/tarja_halonen_conan_obrien.jpg

Sat Feb 11, 11:15 PM ET

HELSINKI, Finland - Conan O'Brien, who endorsed the re-election of Finnish President Tarja Halonen with mock ad campaigns, said Saturday he expects to be rewarded with a Cabinet position as inspector of saunas.

Hundreds of fans welcomed the American talk show host on Saturday to a freezing Helsinki, the capital of the land of the saunas only two weeks after Halonen, 62, secured a second six-year term as Finland's first female presudent.

The quirky, self-deprecating O'Brien said he will ask "Tarja" for a Cabinet position when he meets her Feb. 14.

"I'd like to be the inspector of saunas, mostly women's saunas," he said.

Organizers said some 2,000 fans waited for hours in subzero temperatures to catch a glimpse of the TV host who has become unusually popular in this nation of 5 million on the northern fringes of Europe.

O'Brien has joked that his show is highly popular here because of his resemblance to the fair-skinned, red-haired Halonen. Last year, he caused a political stir for endorsing her during her campaign, broadcasting mock ads promoting her and attacking her opponents.

"Why do I support Tarja Halonen? Because she's got the total package: a dynamic personality, a quick mind, and most importantly my good looks," the comedian told The Associated Press.

A soldier in uniform said "the army loves him."

"He lightens our lives in the evenings quite a bit," said Corp. Mattias Ronnberg, an 18-year-old conscript.
-----
God, I love Conan!

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 12th, 2006, 10:19 PM
:bounce: CONAN IS HILLARIOUS!! :worship: :cool:

Shenanigans
Feb 12th, 2006, 10:22 PM
:haha:

Strangelove
Feb 12th, 2006, 10:37 PM
So....which one is this Conan-guy the article refers too?

KoOlMaNsEaN
Feb 12th, 2006, 11:36 PM
:lol: Are the shows going to be on this week? It'll be great! I hope they have her on for a show

geoepee
Feb 12th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Conan's a nut! Has anyone seen his show live? I've seen Conan 5 times live,...very funny!

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 12th, 2006, 11:47 PM
Conan!!! :lol:

MisterQ
Feb 12th, 2006, 11:57 PM
:lol:

Yeah, does anyone know when these shows will be aired? :)

Infiniti2001
Feb 13th, 2006, 03:11 AM
Conan rocks--wuv him :bounce: :lol:Personally I rank him above both Letterman and and Leno:p

MisterQ
Feb 14th, 2006, 01:06 AM
:lol: Are the shows going to be on this week? It'll be great! I hope they have her on for a show

from the NY Times:

"Coverage of Mr. O'Brien's trip will be seen in the United States when "Late Night" resumes its regular schedule after NBC's coverage of the Winter Olympics ends"

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 14th, 2006, 01:20 AM
from the NY Times:

"Coverage of Mr. O'Brien's trip will be seen in the United States when "Late Night" resumes its regular schedule after NBC's coverage of the Winter Olympics ends"

Can't wait! Talk about "MUST SEE TV" ;) :bounce:

Martian KC
Feb 14th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Can't believe how big his fanbase is in Finland of all places.

MisterQ
Mar 11th, 2006, 02:47 AM
I read that tonight's show will be devoted to the Finland trip. :)

pcrtennis
Mar 11th, 2006, 02:49 AM
THANKS! I can't wait!!