PaulieM
Feb 12th, 2006, 08:04 PM
i just saw that on the news. :o

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 12th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Oh LORD..they are going to have a FIELD DAY with this tomorow :tape:

Strangelove
Feb 12th, 2006, 08:06 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot and injured a man during a weekend quail hunting trip in Texas, his spokeswoman said Sunday.

Harry Whittington, 78, was "alert and doing fine" after Cheney sprayed Whittington with shotgun pellets on Saturday at the Armstrong Ranch in south Texas, said property owner Katharine Armstrong.

Armstrong said Cheney turned to shoot a bird and accidentally hit Whittington. She said Whittington was taken to Corpus Christi Memorial Hospital by ambulance.

Cheney's spokeswoman, Lea Anne McBride, said the vice president was with Whittington, a lawyer from Austin, Texas, and his wife at the hospital on Sunday afternoon.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/12/cheney.ap/index.html

Dick
:haha:

I am of course only laughing because nobody got serioulsy hurt.....

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 12th, 2006, 08:07 PM
omigod, it's not even April Fools!

meyerpl
Feb 12th, 2006, 08:34 PM
A change of pace for Dick, shooting somebody else, instead of shooting himself in the foot.

starr
Feb 12th, 2006, 08:37 PM
It's a little different than hooking a golf shot.

Ferosh
Feb 12th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Dumbass!

Szymanowski
Feb 12th, 2006, 08:44 PM
If this is true, Bloody Idiot!

MisterQ
Feb 12th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Quayle hunting? one VP pursuing another? ;)

PamShriverRockz
Feb 12th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Dick hit Whittington

Seriously...that's just :eek:

RVD
Feb 12th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Doesn't he have a heart problem?
Who gave that boy a gun?! :tape:

Strangelove
Feb 12th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Doesn't he have a heart problem?
Who gave that boy a gun?! :tape:
:scratch: then, are you telling me it ISN'T mandatory for all Americans to own a gun? :p :tape:

StarDuvallGrant
Feb 12th, 2006, 09:22 PM
It was only a mtter of time.

Wigglytuff
Feb 12th, 2006, 09:37 PM
i've said before i will say it again, Dick kills.

geoepee
Feb 12th, 2006, 10:17 PM
i've said before i will say it again, Dick kills.
silly ;)

*JR*
Feb 12th, 2006, 10:27 PM
http://gratefuldread.net/archives/saddam.court.jpg

KoOlMaNsEaN
Feb 12th, 2006, 10:32 PM
:lol: Story of the day

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 12th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Please tell me it just happened to be President Bush. :)

flyingmachine
Feb 12th, 2006, 10:50 PM
:o :o :o :o

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 12th, 2006, 11:01 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Cheney takes gold in biathelon....Very slow on his skiing, but he did nail another human with a shot. :tape:

RVD
Feb 12th, 2006, 11:06 PM
:scratch: then, are you telling me it ISN'T mandatory for all Americans to own a gun? :p :tape:I need to go out and get one. Preferably one with a silencer. :hehehe:

RVD
Feb 12th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Please tell me it just happened to be President Bush. :)We should be so fortunate.
Hell, with our luck, the bullet would just bounce off his teflon chest. :lol:

harloo
Feb 12th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Damn, for a minute I thought he shot Rummy.;)

Strangelove
Feb 12th, 2006, 11:17 PM
I need to go out and get one. Preferably one with a silencer. :hehehe:
:scared:

F-R-E-A-K
Feb 12th, 2006, 11:21 PM
:o :o :o :o

drake3781
Feb 12th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Two interesting things from reading an article about it:

1. The man he shot owns at least 11 million dollars in real estate, in addition to other wealth. (Idea of where the power is in our country, as if we didn't already know.)

2. Mr. Cheney has an ambulance on call at all times due to his heart condition. They were able to summon this ambulance to help the man he shot.

I wonder if the bird got away ?!?!? One for the good guys, for once. :angel:

CC
Feb 12th, 2006, 11:25 PM
I need a tiny one that fits in my purse (a barreta?) Then I can shoot someone and quickly hide it. No one would ever know. Teehee.

RVD
Feb 12th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Two interesting things from reading an article about it:

1. The man he shot owns at least 11 million dollars in real estate, in addition to other wealth. (Idea of where the power is in our country, as if we didn't already know.)

2. Mr. Cheney has an ambulance on call at all times due to his heart condition. They were able to summon this ambulance to help the man he shot.

I wonder if the bird got away ?!?!? One for the good guys, for once. :angel::haha: I bet Death is pissed-off waiting for that 'ol boy to croak.

RVD
Feb 12th, 2006, 11:30 PM
I need a tiny one that fits in my purse (a barreta?) Then I can shoot someone and quickly hide it. No one would ever know. Teehee....except the smell of gunpowder emanating from your purse, that's probably true. ;)

darrinbaker00
Feb 13th, 2006, 12:35 AM
Cheney must have found out that Whittington attended an antiwar demonstration in the '60s..... :tape:

CC
Feb 13th, 2006, 12:44 AM
...except the smell of gunpowder emanating from your purse, that's probably true. ;)

But I'll hide it in my purse and run. See how that works? ;)

Scotso
Feb 13th, 2006, 12:46 AM
:haha:

RVD
Feb 13th, 2006, 12:53 AM
But I'll hide it in my purse and run. See how that works? ;)Might I suggest the High-powered CO2 (gas-cartridge) G19 Semiauto Blowback GAS Airsoft Gun.
http://www.netlinkenterprises.com/prodimages/J05140.jpg
Very popular among the law enforcement crowd.
And it's so quiet that your victim will never even know what hit em.
I guarantee it won't disappoint. ;) :yeah:

CC
Feb 13th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Might I suggest the High-powered CO2 (gas-cartridge) G19 Semiauto Blowback GAS Airsoft Gun.
http://www.netlinkenterprises.com/prodimages/J05140.jpg
Very popular among the law enforcement crowd.
And it's so quiet that your victim will never even know what hit em.
I guarantee it won't disappoint. ;) :yeah:

But can I walk around with that? It looks quite heavy. I'd prefer something cute or pretty anyway.

RVD
Feb 13th, 2006, 01:04 AM
But can I walk around with that? It looks quite heavy. I'd prefer something cute or pretty anyway.:lol: If tiny and covert is your primary concern, then you might be interested in this mighty-mite key-ring gun.

http://cellar.org/2003/keyringgun.jpg

You can give the impression of juggling your key to get into the car, but in truth be lock'n & load'n. :haha: Then just jump in your ride and peel.
I call it the 'pop-n-peel' weapon. :lol:

RVD
Feb 13th, 2006, 01:06 AM
...or maybe a solid gold ring-gun is more your speed? :haha:

http://cellar.org/2003/ringgun.jpg

Personally, I'm waiting for a semi-auto Glock Pendant to be released. :tape:

RVD
Feb 13th, 2006, 01:10 AM
Write a check, pop the clerk... :lol:

http://www.purple-feet.com/sights/feb-2004/mil-spy-guns.jpg

wipeout
Feb 13th, 2006, 01:38 AM
http://gratefuldread.net/archives/saddam.court.jpg
Saddam gives Dick Cheney a hint on where to aim to hit quail but not people. ;)

Infiniti2001
Feb 13th, 2006, 02:06 AM
who accidentally shoots their friend? I am thinking the dude told him something he didn't like and instead of telling him to fuck off he shot him :tape: We all know he has this kind of temperament. Meanwhile this happened yesterday, and it was only late this afternoon it was announced. :rolleyes: This business of the White House covering up stuff is quite troubling. :fiery:

CC
Feb 13th, 2006, 03:10 AM
Write a check, pop the clerk... :lol:

http://www.purple-feet.com/sights/feb-2004/mil-spy-guns.jpg

The pen is perfect. Imagine all the people I could kill and get away with it. :tape:

SzavayFi
Feb 13th, 2006, 03:12 AM
OMG :spit: :help:

drake3781
Feb 13th, 2006, 03:45 AM
Also, White House kept the story "under wraps" for 24 hours... before releasing the news today. Interesting and worrisome, not for this event but in its general implications.

spokenword73
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:10 AM
How do you accidently shoot someone in the chest?
either poor aim or pissed off. Who in their right mind would go
shooting with Cheney anyway? He's wound pretty tight.

I hope the press does their job and gets to the bottom of this tragedy.
I smell a White House coverup-Bigtime:eek:

drake3781
Feb 14th, 2006, 02:31 AM
Also, White House kept the story "under wraps" for 24 hours... before releasing the news today. Interesting and worrisome, not for this event but in its general implications.

Cheney accused of cover-up over hunter shooting
From Tom Baldwin in Washington
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11069-2039094,00.html

WHEN the Vice-President of the United States discharges his shotgun into the face of 78-year-old Republican lawyer it seems strange that the world does not hear about it for nearly 24 hours.
Harry Whittington was peppered with bird pellets by Dick Cheney on Saturday during a quail hunt at a ranch in Texas. He was taken to hospital and put in intensive care.

President Bush and White House staff were informed that night. But it was not until 18 hours after the shooting that the news emerged and then only because a reporter got a tip-off from Katharine Armstrong, the ranch owner. Yesterday, Mr Cheney was battling media claims of a cover-up, while the status of police inquiries remained unclear.

The local sheriff’s office in Kennedy County was saying as little as possible. “We have no information to release,” Sandra Guzman, the sheriff’s assistant, said. When did they know about the incident — and what did they know? “I can’t say, an investigation is going on,” Ms Guzman said. Are you investigating to see if a crime was committed? “I’m not sure,” she replied and then hung up.

A spokesman for the Texas Rangers said: “The Secret Service are handling everything. When I call up and ask for information, people get weird with me.”

The White House press corps were turning their fire on Scott McClellan, the President’s spokesman. They were incredulous that the media had not been told sooner. He was accused of “totally ducking and weaving”, and “being a jerk”.

(story continues at link above)

FIRING LINE
Heated exchanges took place when Scott McClellan (White House Press Secretary) faced the press.

QUESTION Why didn’t we hear about it for 24 hours?

MR McCLELLAN I think the first priority was making sure that Mr Whittington was getting the medical care that he needed. And I know that the Vice-President’s Office worked with Mrs Armstrong to get that information out, as well. My understanding is Mrs Armstrong contacted the local paper early Sunday morning.

Q You and the press duty officer don’t administer medical treatment. So why couldn’t the press office have alerted us Saturday night, when you guys found out?

McCLELLAN Well, the Vice-President’s Office was working to get that information out, and they got it out Sunday morning through Mrs Armstrong.

Q Well, why the wait?

McCLELLAN Well, I think they wanted to make sure that he was getting the care he needed. And then I mean, they proactively worked to get it out . . .

Q Well, I mean, you know, you can certainly make sure he’s getting the care and tell us, too.

McCLELLAN And they worked to get it out.

Q The Vice-President shoots somebody accidentally and you don’t — and you know this Saturday night and you don’t think that you should alert us to this? . . . We didn’t know for nearly 24 hours.

McCLELLAN That’s not correct. Sunday morning . . .

Q When I’m asking you a serious question, you should give us a serious answer . . .

McCLELLAN You don’t have to yell.

Q . . . instead of jerking us around.

McCLELLAN You don’t have to yell.

Q . . . it is you made a decision, when you knew Saturday night, not to inform the press corps? Why you left it for the Vice-President's Office through a ranch owner to tell local media and not the White House press corps?

McCLELLAN I think they worked to get it out, and they worked to get it out as soon as they could

Q Promptly?

McCLELLAN I think as soon as possible. But the first priority needs to be on making sure that they're receiving medical care.

The ambulance got there, the Secret Service were working, he had many doctors with him.

McCLELLAN That's right.

Q So that was taken care of. The question of informing the press and the American people is another subject

drake3781
Feb 14th, 2006, 02:42 AM
Cheney Apparently Breaks Key Hunting Rule

WASHINGTON - Vice President Dick Cheney apparently broke the No. 1 rule of hunting: Be sure of what you're shooting at. He also violated Texas game law by failing to buy a hunting stamp.

"It's incumbent upon the shooter to assess the situation and make sure it's a safe shot," said Mark Birkhauser, president-elect of the International Hunter Education Association and hunter education coordinator in New Mexico. "Once you squeeze that trigger, you can't bring that shot back."

The Parks and Wildlife Department said Cheney and Whittington will be given warning citations for violating game law by not having an upland game bird stamp, a requirement that went into effect in September. Cheney had a $125 nonresident hunting license, the vice president's office said Monday night in a statement, and has sent a $7 check to cover the cost of the stamp.

more at link:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CHENEY_HUNTING_ACCIDENT?SITE=JRC&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&SECTION=HOME

Infiniti2001
Feb 14th, 2006, 02:54 AM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0213061cheney1.html

wta_zuperfann
Feb 14th, 2006, 02:57 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/video/cheneyshots2.jpg

"where are dem wascally wibewals?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SelesFan70
Feb 14th, 2006, 03:13 AM
I need to go out and get one. Preferably one with a silencer. :hehehe:

The folks in San Francisco wouldn't like you having a gun... :p

SelesFan70
Feb 14th, 2006, 03:16 AM
The press is really in a feeding frenzy over this. :shrug: People hunt, people get hurt...it happens every day. The media kills me trying to protray everything as some huge scandal...

RVD
Feb 14th, 2006, 04:24 AM
Cheney Apparently Breaks Key Hunting Rule

WASHINGTON - Vice President Dick Cheney apparently broke the No. 1 rule of hunting: Be sure of what you're shooting at. He also violated Texas game law by failing to buy a hunting stamp.

"It's incumbent upon the shooter to assess the situation and make sure it's a safe shot," said Mark Birkhauser, president-elect of the International Hunter Education Association and hunter education coordinator in New Mexico. "Once you squeeze that trigger, you can't bring that shot back."

The Parks and Wildlife Department said Cheney and Whittington will be given warning citations for violating game law by not having an upland game bird stamp, a requirement that went into effect in September. Cheney had a $125 nonresident hunting license, the vice president's office said Monday night in a statement, and has sent a $7 check to cover the cost of the stamp.

more at link:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CHENEY_HUNTING_ACCIDENT?SITE=JRC&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&SECTION=HOME:lol:

Cheney is a real piece of work!
1. Knowingly violates Texas game law.
2. Shoots good 'ol fundrasing boy in chest. :lol:
3. Doesn't inform media for almost 24 hours.
4. Gets warning citation

...and the latest report says Cheney is an expert hunter. :tape:
Again, I ask..., "Who gave that boy a gun?" :lol:

RVD
Feb 14th, 2006, 04:25 AM
The folks in San Francisco wouldn't like you having a gun... :pWho says anyone has to know? :p

meyerpl
Feb 14th, 2006, 05:29 AM
The press is really in a feeding frenzy over this. :shrug: People hunt, people get hurt...it happens every day.

I live in an area where virtually everyone hunts and own guns. I'm somewhat of an exception because I ONLY have seven guns in my home. That almost makes me anti-gun around here. Everybody hunts; men, women and children. People hunt, but people don't get hurt....it doesn't happen every day. When it does, it's NEWS! Especially if the Vice-President of the United States is involved. Why is it hard for you to understand that when the Vice-President shoots somebody in the face, it's NEWS! I don't recall that ever happening before. Plus, doesn't it strike you as odd that the Administration would sit on that bomb-shell for about 24 hours? You can't figure out why that's raising a few eyebrows? I know why people usually delay reporting a serious accident where I come from; so the person involved can SOBER UP. (I believe Mr. Cheney has been arrested for driving drunk twice.) I'm not saying the Vice-President was drunk, I'm only saying it smells rather fishy.

RVD
Feb 14th, 2006, 05:54 AM
I live in an area where virtually everyone hunts and own guns. I'm somewhat of an exception because I ONLY have seven guns in my home. That almost makes me anti-gun around here. Everybody hunts; men, women and children. People hunt, but people don't get hurt....it doesn't happen every day. When it does, it's NEWS! Especially if the Vice-President of the United States is involved. Why is it hard for you to understand that when the Vice-President shoots somebody in the face, it's NEWS! I don't recall that ever happening before. Plus, doesn't it strike you as odd that the Administration would sit on that bomb-shell for about 24 hours? You can't figure out why that's raising a few eyebrows? I know why people usually delay reporting a serious accident where I come from; so the person involved can SOBER UP. (I believe Mr. Cheney has been arrested for driving drunk twice.) I'm not saying the Vice-President was drunk, I'm only saying it smells rather fishy.I am so glad you posted this, because I sat here several times with my fingers hovering, wanting to post the exact points you made. And you are absolutely right. This smacks of something fishy. Even the White House press corps. is pissed off. We're talking about guys who've had a love affair with Bush since his swearing in. :lol:

I'm listening to newstalk radio right now and people are calling in saying that there is definitely a story that's not being told here. I wonder if we'll ever discover the truth? Most likely not. :)

MisterQ
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:24 PM
A link to The Daily Show's segment on this incident: ;)

http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/media_player/play.jhtml?itemId=59070

MisterQ
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Another clip: :rolls:

http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/media_player/play.jhtml?itemId=59068