PDA

View Full Version : Team USA -- A Sign of Life!!

TF Chipmunk
Feb 12th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Bode Miller and Rahlves lost terribly in the Downhill :sad:
Michelle Kwan withdrew :sad:
Shaun White almost didn't make the final of the snowboarding halfpipe :unsure:
USA basically sucks at everything else :o

Looks like this is going to be a disappointing Olympic games where we get a rude awakening :sobbing:

Crazy Canuck
Feb 12th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Michelle Kwan withdrawing means nothing in regards to your medal count. Cohen withdrawing would, and as far as I know she's still skating.

TF Chipmunk
Feb 12th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Michelle Kwan withdrawing means nothing in regards to your medal count. Cohen withdrawing would, and as far as I know she's still skating.
But note that US sucks at Ski Jumping, Bobsled, Luge, Nordic :o :o :o :sad:

But really, medal count is just one aspect of it. It's just that it seems like everything's falling apart. Everyone's beating themselves up. Team USA was supposed to be a contender, and it's getting upstaged and outright destroyed (i.e. by Jennifer Heil in the women's mogul last night :ras: :p)

harloo
Feb 12th, 2006, 06:46 PM
The Olympics just started, it's too early for the negativity.

GO USA!;)

TF Chipmunk
Feb 12th, 2006, 06:48 PM
The Olympics just started, it's too early for the negativity.

GO USA!;)
I suppose we have speedskating :shrug:

gentenaire
Feb 12th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Poor team USA, leading the medals table :(

Team USA should do like the Belgian olympic team: send only 4 athletes with no medal hope whatsover.

Diesel
Feb 12th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Speedskating and all those X-Game type exercises should help with the medal count. Ice Dancing has a shot. Women's singles skaing Cohen will probably medal, I'm just wanting it to be bronze. Bode and his gang have more skiing in front of them and it is very early for everything and everyone. Oh and I can't forget those gripping 6-0 wins in women's hockey.

TF Chipmunk
Feb 12th, 2006, 06:51 PM

Team USA should do like the Belgian olympic team: send only 4 athletes with no medal hope whatsover.
Actually, Norway is up by 4 :worship:

SloKid

But really, medal count is just one aspect of it. It's just that it seems like everything's falling apart. Everyone's beating themselves up. Team USA was supposed to be a contender, and it's getting upstaged and outright destroyed (i.e. by Jennifer Heil in the women's mogul last night :ras: :p)
Don't be such a drama queen....:lol:

ampers&
but it doesn't matter 'cause he won the gold anyway.:shrug:

TF Chipmunk
Feb 12th, 2006, 06:53 PM
but it doesn't matter 'cause he won the gold anyway.:shrug:
But I'm just saying, awfully close call :scared:

And I do suppose that it's only been two days...but it's just a little disappointing :sad: It's just that I get so patriotic during the Olympics :hearts:

GrandSlam05
Feb 12th, 2006, 06:56 PM

Dude, it's hardly the same thing considering the difference in size and population of the US vs. Belgium.

Jenny.C.Fan
Feb 12th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Gutted for Bode, but he won't leave torino empty handed. Go Bode :)

TF Chipmunk
Feb 12th, 2006, 06:58 PM
I read in an AP article at MSN that he was spotted downing a few beers at midnight the night before :o :mad: :fiery:

SloKid
Feb 12th, 2006, 07:01 PM
I heard he went out drinking yesterday, missed the track inspection this morning and showed up just an hour before the race. :lol:

Homer & Co
Feb 12th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Bode Miller and Rahlves lost terribly in the Downhill :sad:
There's still the Super G and the slalom numbers...
Michelle Kwan withdrew :sad:
That is too bad for her...
Almost, almost... But he won the final.
USA basically sucks at everything else :o

Looks like this is going to be a disappointing Olympic games where we get a rude awakening :sobbing:
Didn't it awake you already that since there's there is no "USSR" team anymore since 1990 (1992 in Olympic laws), the USA always ended above Russia in the medal race (except for the Winter Games of 1994)? When the USSR still existed, the Americans were beaten at almost every post 1952-Olympics... (Well, not in 1984, of course.)

canuckfan
Feb 12th, 2006, 10:40 PM

Actually USA is very good in Bobsled, quite decent in luge, and you have a very good Nordic Combinned skier named Todd Ludwick. So it's not as bad as you make it.

Plus the US girls will sweep the podium in the half pipe tomorow...

selking
Feb 12th, 2006, 11:07 PM
speedskating, hockey, figure skating, skelaton, sking, womens snowboarding and our curling team isnt too bad either i think. THis won't ruin the olympics at all. they have just started

M2k
Feb 13th, 2006, 01:05 AM

...according to the US media it's the end of world. :rolleyes: They are milking this story for all it's worth. :tape: poor girl*

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 13th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Team USA is doing great!!! GO Shaun White!! We already have a gold medal

Solitaire
Feb 13th, 2006, 04:04 AM
Hey we have the most gold medals so far, 2! :lol: It just started and the U.S. always makes it on the first page of the medal count. Usually we have a few surprise medallists. Who cares about the sports we're not good at, remember we're ignorant Americans. ;)

Jakeev
Feb 13th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Don't be such a drama queen....:lol:

LOL I was thinking the same damn thing.

The worst year the USA ever had was in 1984 in Sarajevo where I think all of seven medals where won by Americans.

We already have three folks.

TF Chipmunk
Feb 14th, 2006, 05:00 AM
:woohoo: Great day today!

Women's Halfpipe: Hannah Teter and Gretchen Bleiber 1-2 :bounce: Kelly Clark :sad:

Then Joey Cheek's Gold in the Speed skating 500m :worship:

Pairs figure skating :rolleyes: