Medal Count
Gold: 7
Silver: 8
Bronze: 7

Paldias
Feb 11th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Heil on to moguls final
CBC Sports

Jennifer Heil of Spruce Grove, Alta., finished first in qualifying Saturday for the Olympic women's moguls final, which goes later in the day (1:00 p.m. EST, CBC).

Heil, the two-time defending World Cup women's moguls champion and Canada's top medal prospect in the event, was the last down the hill in the field of 30 skiers. Her score of 26.67 made her more than a point better than second-place finisher Sandra Laoura.

All four of Canada's entries moved on to the final. Kristi Richards of Summerland, B.C., came in eighth, Audrey Robichaud of Val Belair, Que., was 12th and Stephaine St. Pierre of Victoriaville, Que., was 17th.

Defending Olympic champion Kari Traa of Norway was seventh.

Scores from the preliminary round do not carry over to the final but Heil's first place-finish means she will ski last, giving her the advantage of knowing the score she will need to win.

Heil, 22, is considered the favourite in women's moguls. She is trying for her first Olympic medal after missing out on bronze by a hundredth of a point at the 2002 Salt Lake City Games.

Saturday's final takes place at 7:00 p.m. Turin time and will be contested under floodlights.

She'll be on 1:00 PM EST! Which is in about 28 minutes. Meaning we could win our first Olympic Medal within the next hour! Also good luck to the 4 other Canadians competing for the podium!

Paldias
Feb 11th, 2006, 05:55 PM
GOLD!

Jennifer Heil won Gold in Women's Moguls moments ago!

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 11th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Great job Jenn! She is such great champion!

Great job for Audrey Robichaud also, only 17 years old, she has a great future ahead of her!

blerr
Feb 11th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Great job Jenn!!

Lets go CANADA!

KoOlMaNsEaN
Feb 11th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Who can win a medal tomorrow? :D

Ryan
Feb 11th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Heil :D

Paldias
Feb 11th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Who can win a medal tomorrow? :D

Beckie Scott! :banana: Tomorrow morning 4:30 AM EST! She's won a bunch of world cups coming into this competition!

GO CANADA!

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 11th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Cmon Canada :banana:

marmite1
Feb 11th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Go Canada :yeah: ;)

Wiggly
Feb 11th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Another day of watching Olympics tomorrow :) And I have 2 day-off Thursday and Friday :bounce:

Congrats Jennifer and 3 others in top 15 :worship:

I read speaker said 2 times during medals ceremonies she was American :o :tape: :fiery:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 11th, 2006, 11:41 PM
Cindy Klassen can also win a medal tomorrow!

Paldias
Feb 12th, 2006, 01:55 AM

Does Clara Hughes also go tomorrow then to? :)

canuckfan
Feb 12th, 2006, 02:10 AM
I'm actually planing to wake up at 4:30 am to watche Beckie win the gold.

Medal chance tomorow:

Speed Skating Women's 3000 m: Cindy Klassen, Kristina Groves, Clara Hugues. All three are really good. In a perfect day, the could sweep the podium.

Short Track Men's 1500 m: Charles Hamelin, Mathieu Turcotte. Both are able to win medals, but short track is a lottery.

Cross-Country Women's Pursuit: Beckie Scott, Sara Renner. Beckie has not finished worst than 5th in all her world cups this season. Sara's a long shot.

Skiing: Men's Downhill: Manuel Osborne Paradis. Mani had the 2nd best time today in the last training run. But the thing is most of the favorites slowed down before the finish line to have a better start number. But the olympics have an history of having surprise medal winners in the downhill. Osborne-Paradis is still a very long shot. Too bad Erik Guay is hurt.

Snowboard Men's Half Pipe: Justin Lamoureux, Hugo Lemay, Crispin Lipscomb, Brad Martin. The half pipe is another lottery event. About 20 riders can win it. But expect the americans to sweep the podium, with Shaun White winning it all.

Another exciting day :banana:

~CANUCK~
Feb 12th, 2006, 02:10 AM
Does Clara Hughes also go tomorrow then to? :)
i don't think so, i think clara is sticking to the 5k. Christina grooves is in the 3k with cindy though, and both have a shot at a medal

dementieva's fan
Feb 12th, 2006, 05:42 AM

I love Cindy, :D hope she wins

Wiggly
Feb 12th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Beckie 6th :eek: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Did she has any othe race? :sad:

Osborne-Paris 13th, an a unknow Frenchie win downhill :eek:

canuckfan
Feb 12th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Beckie 6th :eek: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Did she has any othe race? :sad:

Osborne-Paris 13th, an a unknow Frenchie win downhill :eek:

Beckie still has the spint, the team sprint, the 10K Classic, and maybe the 30K Free and the Relay. She got killed in the last hill :sad: On the men side, Ivan Babikov, a Russian who lives in Alberta and who will become an Canadian Citizen in the next few years finished 13th. Very good! And he is relatively young.

Antoine Deneriaz is not really an unkown. He has 3 world cup wins. And he was coming back fron injury this year. Not the favorite but not a total nobody. But I think Walchhofer was sure he has it in the bag after Buechel :lol:

I don't like the half pipe. Half of the guys fall down on their behind at a point or another.

Paldias
Feb 12th, 2006, 02:20 PM
:sad: Beckie! Nice try though :)
Osborne-Paradis? Was he expected to win a medal? :eek: :(

Well good luck to Cindy and Clara today! :D

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 12th, 2006, 02:28 PM
6th is pretty good for Beckie. Of course a medal would've been nice but it's not over :)

Randy H
Feb 12th, 2006, 02:31 PM
6th is still a great result for Beckie, felt bad for her though, she was trying to hold back her tears in her interview :sad:

Hopefully she can get a medal (or medals) in her remaining events :)

Would love to see Clara Hughes get another Olympic medal, she is amazing :worship:

canuckfan
Feb 12th, 2006, 02:37 PM
The women's 3000 metres is starting right now!
Cindy Klassen is in the 12th pair, Kristina Groves in the 13th, Clara Hugues in the 14th(last). Unfortunatly for Cindy, her main rival Anni Friesinger will skate after her, so she'll know the tima she has to beat. Cindy has to have a killer skate.

Paldias
Feb 12th, 2006, 02:52 PM
The women's 3000 metres is starting right now!
Cindy Klassen is in the 12th pair, Kristina Groves in the 13th, Clara Hugues in the 14th(last). Unfortunatly for Cindy, her main rival Anni Friesinger will skate after her, so she'll know the tima she has to beat. Cindy has to have a killer skate.

Why isn't CBC showing it? :mad:

Paldias
Feb 12th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Why the hell is CBC showing hockey? We all know that Canada is going to win 1000-0 :o Why not just show a medal round, this is still 'preliminary'? Anyway they're showing it live on the Torino website.

3 pairs have gone with Eika Ishino of Japan leaading with a time of 4:11.21

Note: Canadian, Cindy Klassen's World Record set just late year was almost 16 seconds ahead of that :tape:

Paldias
Feb 12th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Competing today in Speed Skating - Women's 5000 m
Cindy Klassen (12th pair)
Kristina Groves (13th pair)
Clara Hughes (14th pair)

Paldias
Feb 12th, 2006, 03:02 PM
:rolls: 5-0 Canada (1st period) vs. Russa :tape:

canuckfan
Feb 12th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Makes it 6-0 :rolleyes:

Paldias
Feb 12th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Wouldn't that be awesome if Kristina, Cindy and Clara swept the podium? :)

Wiggly
Feb 12th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Wouldn't that be awesome if Kristina, Cindy and Clara swept the podium? :)

YES :hearts: ! Why is SRC and CBC not showing speed skating :fiery:

Women hockey team wil destroy everybody 100000000000-0 :rolleyes:

Paldias
Feb 12th, 2006, 03:12 PM
YES :hearts: ! Why is SRC and CBC not showing speed skating :fiery:

Women hockey team wil destroy everybody 100000000000-0 :rolleyes:

Who the hell knows :tape: they should just give us the Gold medal now :rolls:

Quick question though, is the speed skating going on right now the Final or Preliminary Round?

canuckfan
Feb 12th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Who the hell knows :tape: they should just give us the Gold medal now :rolls:

Quick question though, is the speed skating going on right now the Final or Preliminary Round?

It's the final. There's only one race with the best time winning. Nothing fancy.

The next pair should be interesting. Haugli from Norway could be a contender.

Paldias
Feb 12th, 2006, 04:05 PM
It's the final. There's only one race with the best time winning. Nothing fancy.

The next pair should be interesting. Haugli from Norway could be a contender.

I doubt Haugli can win now. She's 6th back with 5 pairs to go :o

Oneofakind0490
Feb 12th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Im watching Canada play Russia in womens hockey and they are playing well. i cna see them winning it all.

canuckfan
Feb 12th, 2006, 04:08 PM
I doubt Haugli can win now. She's 6th back with 5 pairs to go :o

Yep, average race for her. Now Ireen Wust is another big name.

I'm getting really nervous now...

canuckfan
Feb 12th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Ireen Wust just had a VERY good time. Could be on the podium.

Paldias
Feb 12th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Ireen Wust just had a VERY good time. Could be on the podium.

:mad: Fight Canada! :p

~SunFlower~
Feb 12th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Canada d. Italy 16-0...
Canada d. Russia 9-0... :eek: :)

Way too good, I guess.

I am :sad: for my dear friend Eggy. :hug: :kiss:

Wiggly
Feb 12th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Cindy 3rd, Netherlands had terrific races :eek: :worship:

Anniemal
Feb 12th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Well done to win Bronze for Cindy, not the skate she was hoping for but hey it's a medal :worship:

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 12th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Mixed emotions for Cindy... Sad for Clara (go for the 5000 baby :D ) and Kristina.
The Netherlands had great races though. Wust!!! :eek: As soon as I saw 4:02 on TURIN'S ice, I knew there was trouble ahead for the Canadians. :lol: Not the race I expected for the three of them, but oh well. There's still some events later :) Good luck girls.

Ryan
Feb 12th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Cindy :), good thing she hung on. What are the distances left to do, this is only the first Speed Skating women's event so far right?

canuckfan
Feb 12th, 2006, 05:02 PM
The Dutch girls really peeked at the perfect time. Groenewold really didn't do anything special all year. Wust had good time all winter but she was always in th B group so she didn't win any medals.

More surprising than Cindy's race was Anni Friesinger's race. This girl rarely has any bad races...except at the Olympics. I'm sure Cindy didn't think she would end up with the bronze with Friesinger and Groves still to skate. So I think she'll be very happy with it.

Bad races for Kristina and Clara. Clara is a better 5k skater so it's not really a surprise. But it's the worst race all year for Groves. I hope she bonces back in the 1500 m.

Now lest go short trackers :yeah:

Wiggly
Feb 12th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Now lest go short trackers :yeah:

Any final today (chance of medal)? :confused: Or just qualifications round? :confused:

~CANUCK~
Feb 12th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Cindy :), good thing she hung on. What are the distances left to do, this is only the first Speed Skating women's event so far right?
yup that was the first one, still left is 500, 1000, 1500, 5000 and team relay i think

Paldias
Feb 12th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Nice try guys! :) Congrats Cindy :D

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 12th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Cindy :bounce:

DuLeafs
Feb 12th, 2006, 06:40 PM
:banana: Go Canada! :banana:

We especially want gold in tha hockey :devil:

Wiggly
Feb 12th, 2006, 07:15 PM
:eek: Antonio Auto Ohno (sorry for the spelling :lol: ) will not be in the final of the 1500m :eek:

So better chances for Charles Hamelin :bounce:

canuckfan
Feb 12th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Well not a good day for Canada with about everyone underperforming.

Charles Hamelin's 4th place is still pretty good though. As his Manuel Osborne Paradis' 13th in the downhill. And for sure Cindy's bronze, even if it's kind of a disapointment.

Tomorow our only chance is Jeremy Wotherspoon in the 500 metres, and maybe Mercedes Nicoll in the half pipe if she nails the run of her life.

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 12th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Bad luck and very unfair for Charles Hamelin. Short Track is the most unfair Olympic Sport. It's really sad. Li Ye clearly impeded him while Hamelin was in medal contention. Yes, the Chinese was DQ'd, but it still only gives Charles 4th place :sad: Bad day overall.

Ryan
Feb 12th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Hamelin. :mad: I agree, he was cheated. He would have been second or first, not fourth.

Wiggly
Feb 12th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Bad luck and very unfair for Charles Hamelin. Short Track is the most unfair Olympic Sport. It's really sad. Li Ye clearly impeded him while Hamelin was in medal contention. Yes, the Chinese was DQ'd, but it still only gives Charles 4th place :sad: Bad day overall.

Yes, always someone will push you and waste your race :o :fiery:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Feb 12th, 2006, 10:37 PM
At least Cindy won a medal rather than not like Pechstein

Paldias
Feb 13th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Well today wasn't that good of a day. Hopefully we'll rebound in the latter events! :)

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 13th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Poor Charles. He took it the right way though.

But the goal of the chinese was clear. And the sad fact is taht it worked. He wanted someone from China on the podium, and he had to push Charles to get that!

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 13th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Poor Charles. He took it the right way though.

But the goal of the chinese was clear. And the sad fact is taht it worked. He wanted someone from China on the podium, and he had to push Charles to get that!
Don't even get me started on Korea's and China's short track tactics. I tend to get carried on... :fiery:

Couver
Feb 13th, 2006, 11:00 PM
I feel so :sad: for Jeremy Wotherspoon. After a bad showing at Salt Lake I was hoping he could do well this time. He still has one more event though so hopefully he can medal.

We still need a silver in something, then we'll have all three colours. I know I should be wishing for more gold but whatever :lol:

Conchi Party
Feb 13th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Poor Canada...after a wicked Day one, two bad days.

GO CANADA!!

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 13th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Don't even get me started on Korea's and China's short track tactics. I tend to get carried on... :fiery:

Poor David, I know how tough those competitions are for you ;)

canuckfan
Feb 14th, 2006, 12:30 AM
Damn another bad day all around. And Allison Forsyth destroys her knee in the training run :sad:

Poor Jeremy! Now the media will be all after him. People just don't understand that the olympics are only one race. He has won more world cup races than any other men in history but he'll be remembered as an olympic choker.

Toromow Beckie Scott and Sara Renner are teaming up in the team sprint. I really hope Sara can get an olympic medal and it's the best chance she'll ever have. If they are on the podium I'll be hapy even if we don't win anything else...

matthieu_tennis
Feb 14th, 2006, 01:40 AM
such a bad day for the canadians ;(
the girls lost the curling game too lol :P

~CANUCK~
Feb 14th, 2006, 02:45 AM
Damn another bad day all around. And Allison Forsyth destroys her knee in the training run :sad:

Poor Jeremy! Now the media will be all after him. People just don't understand that the olympics are only one race. He has won more world cup races than any other men in history but he'll be remembered as an olympic choker.

Toromow Beckie Scott and Sara Renner are teaming up in the team sprint. I really hope Sara can get an olympic medal and it's the best chance she'll ever have. If they are on the podium I'll be hapy even if we don't win anything else...

sara and beckie are amazing as a team, if all goes right they can win a medal for sure

angele87
Feb 14th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Silver for Beckie and Sara :yeah:

canuckfan
Feb 14th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Yeah for Beckier and Sara :banana: The looked so happy!

The Swedish girls really had the perfect race. They didn't burn a lot of energy trying to push the pace and they took it very easy in the semis. Beckie had to work harder after Sara broke her pole.

But they were seeded 3rd and the Swedish 1st, so silver is really good :yeah:

Wiggly
Feb 14th, 2006, 11:41 AM
YES! 3rd medal :bounce: Sara and Beckie :worship:

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 14th, 2006, 01:24 PM
I can't even find the words to express how happy I am for them. They're both awesome athletes, good for their sport. I am... HAPPY!!! :D

angele87
Feb 14th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Tough loss for the men's curling team... had a chance to win it in the 10th end but Sweden got two. Canada had the hammer in the extra end but their last two stones picked and Sweden stole one. The women won this morning though so both teams are now 1-1.

Randy H
Feb 14th, 2006, 04:19 PM
They just said on CBC that when Sara Renner's pole broke in the middle of the sprint race, it was actually a Norwegian coach who ran along and offered the replacement pole to Sara - What a great sportsmanlike thing to do :worship: If not for him, Sara almost surely would have lost even more time, meaning Beckie would have needed to exert more energy to catch up and may very well have missed silver, maybe even the podium altogether.

Gotta love hearing when people do great things like that :)

Kiswana
Feb 14th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Beckie and Sarah :bounce:

Paldias
Feb 14th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Beckie and Sara! :) Nice job :yeah:

Canada destroyed Sweden today 8-1 :yeah: Great stuff today :)

Paldias
Feb 14th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Canadian fastest in downhill training
CBC News
Canadian Kelly Vanderbeek had the fastest run at the final training session for the women's downhill Tuesday.

Vanderbeek, of Kitchener, Ont., completed the Fraiteve Olympique course in one minute, 55.23 seconds.

The strong Austrian skiers held back, and Croatian skier Janica Kostelic, who won three gold medals at the 2002 Winter Games, sat out sick.

Swedish star Anja Paerson was second, finishing 0.07 seconds behind Vanderbeek.

American Julia Mancuso was third, finishing 0.09 back.

The session determined the order for Wednesday's race, with the top 30 finishers starting in reverse order.

Vanderbeek will start 30th.

She has never finished higher than 15th in a World Cup downhill, and this is her first Olympics.

Austrian stars Renate Goetschl, Michaela Dorfmeister and Alexandra Meisnnitzer broke heavily before crossing the finish line and placed seventh, eighth and 22nd, respectively.

The Austrians said they wanted to start earlier, when vision is better, because high clouds came over the course midway through each of the three training sessions.

Emily Brydon of Fernie, B.C., was 10th in 1:56.05, Sherry Lawrence of Calgary was 28th in 1:58.21 and Shona Rubens, also of Calgary, was 30th in 1:58.27.

American Lindsey Kildow, who came away with only a bruised hip from a horrific crash in Monday's training, also did not compete Tuesday. The U.S. team said she would attempt to race Wednesday.

Wow, I've never heard of this girl before! Anyone know anything about her?

angele87
Feb 14th, 2006, 07:06 PM
I've heard the name before but don't know much about her. I wouldn't read much into it because a lot of the skiiers manipulate their time to get the starting position they want, which is usually somewhere in the middle. I know for the men most of them did that.

angele87
Feb 14th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Anybody watch the men's short program? I'm just getting back from class now, the only skater I've seen is Weir. How did Jeff do? All I know is his score.

Paldias
Feb 14th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Anybody watch the men's short program? I'm just getting back from class now, the only skater I've seen is Weir. How did Jeff do? All I know is his score.

:o Jeff fell once then touched his hand downm thus gave him a low score, or less than he was expecting.

angele87
Feb 14th, 2006, 07:25 PM
That's too bad... I was really hoping he'd have a clean skate because he absolutely needs that to have any chance to do well.

hablo
Feb 14th, 2006, 07:27 PM
They just said on CBC that when Sara Renner's pole broke in the middle of the sprint race, it was actually a Norwegian coach who ran along and offered the replacement pole to Sara - What a great sportsmanlike thing to do :worship: If not for him, Sara almost surely would have lost even more time, meaning Beckie would have needed to exert more energy to catch up and may very well have missed silver, maybe even the podium altogether.

Gotta love hearing when people do great things like that :)
especially in that sport, this type of thing happens...I think a similar incident happened last olympics too :D:awww:

Go Canada go!!! :bounce:

canuckfan
Feb 14th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Wow, I've never heard of this girl before! Anyone know anything about her?

Vanderbeek is not bad. Her best world cup result is a 6th in Super G earlier this season in Val d'Isère. She has potential but she's inconsistent. She's definitly Canada's future star in the speed events.

But like Angele said, the Austrians really slowed down before the finish line to have a better start number tomorow so Kelly was not really the fastest. But in the mens race, Antoine Deneriaz started 30th (like Kelly) and won ;)

Finland lead the USA 3-2 in women hockey :unsure: This could mean a Canada/USA match in the semis...

hablo
Feb 14th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Finland lead the USA 3-2 in women hockey :unsure: This could mean a Canada/USA match in the semis...
which period are they playing at the moment? :eek::spit:

angele87
Feb 14th, 2006, 08:20 PM
3-3 now, early in the 3rd period.

hablo
Feb 14th, 2006, 08:59 PM
ah so the U.S. has now beaten Finland 7-3, but they sure had a scared ;):lol:

mind you, so did Canada, for a little bit, in their match today ;)

komorli
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:00 PM
!!~GO CANADA~!!
:bounce: Shoot for the GOLD HOCKEY medal:bounce:

I don't know the Women's team, but I sort of know the men's team. Women's team is doing really well though!! :worship:

hablo
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Did Emanuel Sandhu skate yet ?

~CANUCK~
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Did Emanuel Sandhu skate yet ?
nope

hablo
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:12 PM
ok, thanks, ~CANUCK~ :kiss:
the suspense is killing me :o

so only two more skaters to do :unsure:

Patinage artistique - Individuelle(H) - 23h09
Avant les deux ultimes patineurs, le classement est inchangé: 1. Evgeni Plushenko (RUS, 90,66) 2. Johnny Weir (EU, 80,00) 3. Stéphane Lambiel (SUI, 79,04).

beauty_is_pink
Feb 14th, 2006, 09:17 PM
congrats to Sara and Beckie!
I saw this one on tv and was jus so into the game :p

very close to a gold, but silver is still best :worship:

http://www.torino2006.org/bin/OlympicGames/photogallery/C_3_photogallery_108_photos_foto_5_imagebig.jpg

angele87
Feb 14th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Very typical skate for Emanuel... did his quad well but popped out of his triple axel and had to put two hands down on his triple lutz. He's currently in 7th place with 69.75 points which is about 10 points off of a medal atm.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Feb 14th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Canada needs to pick it up..

Paldias
Feb 14th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Canada needs to pick it up..

Shut up, hater :p

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 14th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Becky and Sara :bounce: So happy for Becky after her so-so performance earlier this week :)

angele87
Feb 15th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Some results so far today:

Men's hockey: Canada 7 Italy 2
Men's curling: Canada 9 Great Britain 5
Women's downhill: Emily Brydon 20th, Kelly Vanderbeek 24th, Shona Rubens 26th, Sherry Lawrence 27th
Men's Moguls ( qualifying) - Marc-Andre Moreau 3rd, Chris Wong 9th, Alexandre Bilodeau 11th

angele87
Feb 15th, 2006, 04:23 PM
More results:

Men's moguls (final)- Marc-Andre Moreau 4th :(, Alexandre Bilodeau 11th, Chris Wong 14th
Luge men's double - Canada 9th and 10th
Speed skating Ladies' Team Pursuit Preliminaries - Canada 3rd

angele87
Feb 15th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Speed skating Ladies' Team Pursuit Quarterfinals - Canada 1st
Speed skating Men's Team Pursuit Preliminaries - Canast 1st

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 15th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Too bad for Bilodeau, the marks were incredibly harsh, he did tough the snow with his elbow, but his jumps were incredible, he really deserved more than what he got. Too bad for Moreau, he did a solid performance, but solid isn't enough to get a medal at the Olympics! :(

Congrats to Anouk Leblanc-Boucher who won our fourth medal, a well-deserved bronze in the 500 meters in short track. What a great future we have with her and Kalyna Roberge, who did get 4th place. Too bad that she had the top 2 girls in her semi-final, we could have had both girls in the finals!

KoOlMaNsEaN
Feb 15th, 2006, 10:41 PM
I thought that when they finished the canadian got 3rd but catriona said she didnt then I went to the doctors when I got back I found out she got it :)

I hope we get a lot more medals

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 16th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Great job Anouk. It was obvious she got third when they crossed the line. Even if Fu hadn't been DQ'd, Anouk still would have gotten the bronze. She really waited for her chance out there, did not panick and when she saw the opening Fu left after her attempted pass, she went for it and it worked. Amazing controlled offensive skating from Anouk and a well deserved medal :D

I saw a quick interview with her before her races today and here's what she said when they asked her how she viewed her first Olympics : "Well I know these are my first Olympics, but I'm not here to get experience or just participate and watch the others win. If I want experience, I can get it all year long on the World Cup circuit, it's the same girls. I'm here to try to win ! Sure it's my first Olympics, but you never know in sports, they might be my first and my last. So I'm here as a serious contender, not only to get experience."

I was like uhmm, I like this girl ;)

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 16th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Two silvers assured :bounce: Now let's see if we can turn them into gold. :yeah:

hablo
Feb 16th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Two silvers assured :bounce: Now let's see if we can turn them into gold. :yeah:I was just about to write this :banana:

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 16th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Bad choice from the coaches for the final in the women's pursuit :unsure: It was obvious they would get the silver. As much as I love her, I would have taken Clara off the team and put Cindy, Christine Nesbitt and Groves. I think that would've been a better team. But maybe Cindy was tired.... Anyway, silver, it's great :) Now go guys.

hablo
Feb 16th, 2006, 04:44 PM
a silver in women's team pursuit :D

hablo
Feb 16th, 2006, 04:48 PM
I hope the guys beat the italians...but they have to stay focused...
I can't believe what happened to the dutch guys :eek:

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 16th, 2006, 04:54 PM
We also have another very possible medal in the women's skeleton. We'll know in about 10 minutes :) Good chance for bronze or silver, gold possible but not very likely.

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 16th, 2006, 05:00 PM
F*CK! Silver again :mad: Can we win a final sometimes ? shit.

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 16th, 2006, 05:00 PM
And now probably fourth place in skeleton! :haha: Just great.

hablo
Feb 16th, 2006, 05:01 PM
that slight slip cost us :sad::shrug:
oh well, another silver :banana:

hablo
Feb 16th, 2006, 05:03 PM
And now probably fourth place in skeleton! :haha: Just great.where are you following the skeleton race from ? which chanel ? :p

XaDavK_Kapri
Oh no. It was only my pessimistic attitude :p We got bronze in Skeleton.

XaDavK_Kapri
where are you following the skeleton race from ? which chanel ? :p
Checking it on the internet ;)

hablo
Feb 16th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Checking it on the internet ;)ah ok, you're just like me... I can't bear suspense and check stuff on the internet while watching (I'm following on L'equipe.fr ;) ) :lol:

well at least we got bronze... so that makes three medals today so far...

but the men losing in team pursuit is more disappointing than the women :mad:

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 16th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Yeah we should have won that gold, definitely. That's the one that pisses me off the most :p Well the ladies too, because I love Clara Hughes and I want her to win an Olympic Gold ! Three medals today is really good :) But bring back some more GOLDS, guys :p

btw, we might get an 8th medal pretty soon, because Evgenia Radanova might be disqualified from yesterday's short track 500m final, meaning that Leblanc-Boucher would get the silver and Kalyna Roberge who finished fourth, would move up to bronze. Radanova had her blade up in the air when she crossed the line and it's against the rules. BUT, the International Skating Union allows referees to watch video replays, but not the International Olympic comitee. So if video is not allowed as a proof, we don't get anything... We'll see ;)

hablo
Feb 16th, 2006, 05:35 PM
btw, we might get an 8th medal pretty soon, because Evgenia Radanova might be disqualified from yesterday's short track 500m final, meaning that Leblanc-Boucher would get the silver and Kalyna Roberge who finished fourth, would move up to bronze. Radanova had her blade up in the air when she crossed the line and it's against the rules. BUT, the International Skating Union allows referees to watch video replays, but not the International Olympic comitee. So if video is not allowed as a proof, we don't get anything... We'll see ;)I hope we get that one too :D
But if video replay is not allowed I don't know how we will :shrug::p

~CANUCK~
Feb 16th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Bad choice from the coaches for the final in the women's pursuit :unsure: It was obvious they would get the silver. As much as I love her, I would have taken Clara off the team and put Cindy, Christine Nesbitt and Groves. I think that would've been a better team. But maybe Cindy was tired.... Anyway, silver, it's great :) Now go guys.
cindy said she was only going skate 2 rounds. so she wasn't going to skate the final no matter what

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 16th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Well congrats on everyone today! Good results :D

As for Kalyna Roberge, I really like the girl, but her coach was just pathetic. He was way too emotionnal about it, and he wants to go in Supreme court for Kalyna to get that medal. I mean she did lose in the semis sadly, and even though i would be happy for her to get a bronze medal, I don't really agree on the way she would get it.

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 16th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Men's Hockey

CAN leads GER 4-1

hablo
Feb 16th, 2006, 07:45 PM
2 falls for Sandhu already and pops another jump :sad:

hablo
Feb 16th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Buttle third, one last skater to go... :unsure:

Ryan
Feb 16th, 2006, 09:06 PM
The Japanese guy was really bad. :o I hope Buttle holds on. :D

hablo
Feb 16th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Jeff Buttle wins BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEE :woohoo:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 16th, 2006, 09:11 PM
OMG I'm so happy for him, I'm crying, I'm such a fag :lol:

Wiggly
Feb 16th, 2006, 09:13 PM
4 mdeals today :bounce: :worship: to everybody :)

hablo
Feb 16th, 2006, 09:14 PM
I ALMOST cried :lol::banana:

I'm very happy :aparty:

hablo
Feb 16th, 2006, 09:16 PM
yes today, medal wise Canada did pretty well :hatoff: to our athletes!!!!!! :banana:

Anniemal
Feb 16th, 2006, 09:16 PM
JEFF BUTTLE :worship: What an amazing skate!

angele87
Feb 16th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Jeff :D :bounce: So happy for him!

KoOlMaNsEaN
Feb 16th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Top Four Teams Qualify
Playoff Format 1.v.4 3.v.2

Women
Suisse d. Canada 6-5
Canada d. Norway 10-8

Sweden 4-1
Switzerland 4-1
Great Britain 3-1
Canada 3-2
Norway 3-2
Denmark 2-3
Italy 1-3
Japan 1-3
Russia 1-3
USA 1-4

Men
Canada d. Norway 6-5

Canada 4-1
Great Britain 4-1
Sweden 3-2
USA 3-2
Finland 2-2
Italy 2-2
Switzerland 2-2
Norway 2-3
Germany 1-3
New Zealand 0-5

Defending Gold Medalists
Women:Great Britain
Men:Norway

Ryan
Feb 16th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Go Jeff :D Congrats.

Looking good for both Canuck curling teams, they've played the top opponents already, easy qualifying for semis. :D

Paldias
Feb 16th, 2006, 10:48 PM
:eek: Wow what a day! :banana:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 16th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Indeed, the canadian teams had a tough first few days to start, esp women, facing Sui, Swe, USA and Norway in their first 5 games! It is going to be easier in the next few rounds, at least I hope so!

And go sexy brad!

Paldias
Feb 16th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Anyone else kind of think it's weird that we have one less medal than the US? :eek: :D

angele87
Feb 16th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Indeed, the canadian teams had a tough first few days to start, esp women, facing Sui, Swe, USA and Norway in their first 5 games! It is going to be easier in the next few rounds, at least I hope so!

And go sexy brad!
Yay, another Brad fan! I absolutely :hearts: him :D

Couver
Feb 16th, 2006, 11:21 PM
YAY! we did pretty good today. Are we up to 7 or 8 medals now?

I'm still hoping we can beat our 17 from Salt Lake.

angele87
Feb 17th, 2006, 12:00 AM
8 so far :yeah:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 17th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Yay, another Brad fan! I absolutely :hearts: him :D

Brad is a sweetheart. I don't think anyone can dislike him. So cute and so genuine! And I really like Mark Nichols also, he is a fantastic thrower, i wish I could throw my big weight as perfectly as he does. :)

Paldias
Feb 17th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Does anyone know if we have any chances for any medals tomorrow? :)

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 17th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Does anyone know if we have any chances for any medals tomorrow? :)
In the most perfect of worlds, maybe 3. Maelle Ricker and Dominique Maltais both have very good chances of reaching the podium in snowboard cross, but it's a very unpredictable event, a bit like short track, even worse sometimes. Lots of falls, disqualifications, etc. So a bad move early on from any of those two girls could cost them a medal. but we'll wish the best.

I think we can safely say that we'll win a medal in men's skeleton, barring a major catastrophe. Jeff Pain is the reigning world champion and 2-time reigning world cup champion. Very good chance for gold, but once again, we never know what might happen. Let's keep our fingers crossed ;)

Then there's always Alpine skiing. Emily Brydon might surprise us with a medal in the combined event. But don't count on that one ;) That is only my personal wish and it's very unlikely :) But we have to keep hope until the end :bounce:

canuckfan
Feb 17th, 2006, 02:31 AM
cindy said she was only going skate 2 rounds. so she wasn't going to skate the final no matter what

But why the fuck didn't she rest in the semis? Even Rempel/Nesbitt/Hugues could have beaten the Japaneeses! I really don't get this. It's maybe the best chance these girls will ever get to win an olympic gold and they give it to the Germans before the race has even started :cuckoo:

It doesn't make any sense! Do they have a deal with the Germans, with them giving Cindy the 1500 m gold? Is there a french judge involve? I mean I don't blame the skaters, they were all awesome, but the coaches made some awful decisions today.

As for the men, I don't know if having Morrisson would have made a difference. They are not that good on paper, but perform really well on the ice.

polishprodigy
Feb 17th, 2006, 02:43 AM
I think the Canadian Ice Skating Federation should not let Sandhu skate the next Olympics even if he qualifies. His performance here just shows how he is consistently a choker and a joke. He won a gold medal at an event but that was just a fluke I guess. The guy finished 13th, behind the junior who's personal best came after the short program where he finished 12th!

I know the next Olympics is in Vancouver in 2010, so having Sandhu not compete is unlikely, but I really think its good to give other skaters a try. Sandhu has had his chances...many of them...and has failed.

~CANUCK~
Feb 17th, 2006, 03:12 AM
But why the fuck didn't she rest in the semis? Even Rempel/Nesbitt/Hugues could have beaten the Japaneeses! I really don't get this. It's maybe the best chance these girls will ever get to win an olympic gold and they give it to the Germans before the race has even started :cuckoo:

It doesn't make any sense! Do they have a deal with the Germans, with them giving Cindy the 1500 m gold? Is there a french judge involve? I mean I don't blame the skaters, they were all awesome, but the coaches made some awful decisions today.

As for the men, I don't know if having Morrisson would have made a difference. They are not that good on paper, but perform really well on the ice.
i think they were more concerned with just winning a medal rather then saving themselves for the final. Having cindy skate the semi pretty much made sure they were winning something, which is what there ultimate goal was.

Belmont Lad
Feb 17th, 2006, 04:02 AM
A banner day for Canada, 4 medals, woot!!! Hopefully this will motivate our athletes after some disappointing results in the last few days. Go Canada! :)

canuckfan
Feb 17th, 2006, 04:54 AM
I just read some interesting facts about Dale Begg-Smith, the Canadian turned-Australian who won the moguls yesterday. Apparently he made his fortune (about 40 millions) by creating computer spywares. And the fact that he apparently doesn't remember the name of his company and can't really explain what it does seems to proove it.

He also has really bad press, mostly because he seems to be as dull as a pile of rock. The ones who saw him in interview can tell.

An interesting quote that sums it all:

I ran across the most unpleasant gold medallist in recent memory on Wednesday night. Kind of a Barry Bonds on skis. Dale Begg-Smith makes Bode Miller seem like a sappy Olympic sentimentalist," wrote Ann Killion of the Mercury News in San Diego

She continued: "He was condescending bordering on surly. He claimed to not remember the name of his country. He acted as though the whole thing was a giant pain in the butt .. That's what I call a poor little rich boy."

So I guess we're better with Marc-André, Alex and Chris afterall!

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:15 AM
I just read some interesting facts about Dale Begg-Smith, the Canadian turned-Australian who won the moguls yesterday. Apparently he made his fortune (about 40 millions) by creating computer spywares. And the fact that he apparently doesn't remember the name of his company and can't really explain what it does seems to proove it.

He also has really bad press, mostly because he seems to be as dull as a pile of rock. The ones who saw him in interview can tell.
So I guess we're better with Marc-André, Alex and Chris afterall!

Yeah I heard kind of those comments too. They didn't say he was condescending, but he really sounded like a BORING guy :lol: :yawn: The fact that he's condescending just takes the cake. :rolleyes: It's weird though... He must get his kick out of something. I mean, why compete for a gold medal if you don't give a shit about it... I have a feeling he was driven by an in-your-face-Canada attitude ;) And I gotta admit, he did it :p Now just retire and go sit on your millions :) We're perfectly happy with Alex, Marc-André and Chris. At least THEY have substance. lol

~CANUCK~
Feb 17th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Another bronze for canada this morning. In snow board X

rated_next
Feb 17th, 2006, 01:52 PM
i used to know the girl maelle ricker, who came fourth in the snow board competition :sad:

Wiggly
Feb 17th, 2006, 02:46 PM
2 Canadians in the final, but a bad star, were 3rd and 4rd and Maelle fall, didn't see that coming AT ALL :eek: :sad: , and then Dominique fall too but finish the race to win bronze :o :bounce: :bounce:

Too bad they fell both because they were fighting with Swiss who finally win Gold because of the :eek: stupid American who was going to win gold much more easier than expected but fell last jump before finish :tape:

I think Maelle is injuried :sad:

But do you know if they will participe oin another race like, you know, it's 1 against 1, first to finish the race trough next round :confused:

hablo
Feb 17th, 2006, 04:22 PM
I'm sorry but that american in (cross ?) snowboarding showing off right before the final line and falling was priceless :spit:
I was happy that swiss girl won, too bad both our canadians fell...but we still got bronze :woohoo: I think one of them has a concussion and a bruised hip...
but what was that american woman thinking ? :tape::scratch:

I can't believe the swedes*have tied the u.s.a in ice hockey 2-2 and have killed a gazillion power plays (including some 5 on 3) :spit::eek:

so that canadian now australian gold medal winner got rich making spyware :fiery:

I've had that crap on my computer once before it's nightmarish :smash: ..I saw his interview on CBC; he doesn't seem like an interesting guy and I did find his attitude condenscending although his interviewer was asking him really tough questions...

hablo
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Sweden beats USA in shootout :bowdown:

what an upset :eek::crazy:

their goaltender rooooooooooooooooockkkkkkkkkksssssssssssssss :banana:

Hawk
Feb 17th, 2006, 05:39 PM
OMG! :eek: :lol:

It's a freaking windstorm here and my dish is out :fiery: I didn't get to see it :sad:

Anniemal
Feb 17th, 2006, 06:03 PM
gold and silver for Canada in Men's Skeleton (Duff Gibson and Jeff Pain) :D Nearly swept the podium with another guy in 4th place!!!!

Wiggly
Feb 17th, 2006, 06:08 PM
gold and silver for Canada in Men's Skeleton (Duff Gibson and Jeff Pain) :D Nearly swept the podium with another guy in 4th place!!!!

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They nearly win all medals but commentators said 4th place for Boehm is very amazing so :)

3 medals today :hearts:

Couver
Feb 17th, 2006, 06:40 PM
I think the Canadian Ice Skating Federation should not let Sandhu skate the next Olympics even if he qualifies. His performance here just shows how he is consistently a choker and a joke. He won a gold medal at an event but that was just a fluke I guess. The guy finished 13th, behind the junior who's personal best came after the short program where he finished 12th!

I know the next Olympics is in Vancouver in 2010, so having Sandhu not compete is unlikely, but I really think its good to give other skaters a try. Sandhu has had his chances...many of them...and has failed.

Well that shouldn't be a problem. Emmanuel has been talking about what he will presue after skating all year, so I'm assuming he is retiring after the Olympics, which is a shame because he is the most talented skater out there, everyone thinks and says so. He's just such a mental mess. :sad:

11 YAY! Wow we are really doing well, which is a good sign for 2010. We are tie with Russia and Germany right now, and a head of the US. :eek:

I am stunned about the women's hockey result. I was hoping for a Canada/US rematch.

Belmont Lad
Feb 17th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Our men's Skelly team rocked! :bounce: 7 medals in the last 2 days, great momentum for the whole Canadian Olympic Team. Go go! :)

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 17th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Great job everyone :D Wow a sweep of the podium in skeleton would have been amazing!

I'm so happy for Dom Maltais also!

hablo
Feb 17th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Canada vs Finland (hockey), it's 5-0 at the moment in the 3rd period :woohoo:

canuckfan
Feb 17th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Wow, 7 medals in 2 days :woohoo: And another one monday in women hockey (and it will be gold, I'm not even affraid of jinxing them).

Maelle :sad: She was so good in all her heat!
Dominique :yeah:

Duff, Jeff and Paul :worship:

Marie-France and Patrice are really close to the podium in dance.

Good luck Erik Guay tomorow!!!

KoOlMaNsEaN
Feb 17th, 2006, 09:24 PM
:) another great day
but im worried we'll falter in the next few

Paldias
Feb 18th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Another great day! :yeah:

jrm
Feb 18th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Good luck to Eric Guay and Francois Bourque in today's SG

canuckfan
Feb 18th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Erik Guay :worship: Too bad he came in 4th, but considering he's been out for a month, it's really good.

Frank, Mani and John all did really good also!

If they had not canceled the first race earlyer this morning, Mani and John would probably have won silver and bronze :lol:

hablo
Feb 18th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Eric Guay was so close :sad:

pppppfffffffffffft.... I can't believe the Swiss are beating us 2-0 at the moment (2nd period) :o:o:o:o

we're taking so many penalties!!! Canucks :smash:

(and it's an ex-hab who has scored both goals :tears::help: )

hablo
Feb 18th, 2006, 03:00 PM
in my biased opinion, it's a goal, Gerber caught the puck with his glove in the net!!!! :mad:

hablo
Feb 18th, 2006, 03:02 PM
oh well, not good enough cameras for the ref to determine whether it's a goal... still 2-0 Swiss :banghead:

canuckfan
Feb 18th, 2006, 03:17 PM
This day is turning out to be a complete disaster in team sport :help:

VRee_Willario
Feb 18th, 2006, 03:22 PM
;)If you lost to Sweden in Womens hockey final :wavey:
That would be a disaster :lol:

hablo
Feb 18th, 2006, 04:04 PM
What an upset :help:

I can't believe Canada is going to lose to the Swiss 2-0!! :spit:

they deserve this win, the Swiss :bowdown:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 18th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Well too bad for Canada in curling and hockey. I think Brad and the hockey team will come back strong, but Shannon better start playing better or else her medal chances are over....

DuLeafs
Feb 18th, 2006, 05:05 PM
2-0 vs Switzerland.... I am shocked and disappointed... :sad: I hope team Canada has learned a wise lesson here and doesn't lose anymore these Olympics...

416_Man
Feb 18th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Not too disappointing considering that the men's hockey will likely make it to the play offs, and I'd expect atleast one of the curling teams to make it to the play offs. After that, it'll be interesting to see them step it up, just like Kleibrink and Gushue did in Halifax.

darrinbaker00
Feb 18th, 2006, 07:16 PM
:singer:

O Canada, the Swiss just punked you out.....

Wiggly
Feb 18th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Everybody is unlucky or underperforming today :sad:

But let's go Amanda Overland for the final :hearts: ! What a semi's race :eek: :worship:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Feb 18th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Feb. 18th sux
3 games 2 in curling 1 in hockey we should've won and we lost them all..

hablo
Feb 18th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Everybody is unlucky or underperforming today :sad:

But let's go Amanda Overland for the final :hearts: ! What a semi's race :eek: :worship:

a korean sweep in the final ;)

darrinbaker00
Feb 18th, 2006, 10:18 PM
:singer:

Oh say, did you see? The Slovaks kicked our butts!

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 19th, 2006, 12:47 AM
a korean sweep in the final ;)
One was disqualified :devil: I worked my magic dolls :angel:

TF Chipmunk
Feb 19th, 2006, 12:57 AM
Go Canada! (since USA is really stinking these Olympics up :tape: )

nbaker53
Feb 19th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Go Canada! (since USA is really stinking these Olympics up :tape: )

Seriously...:o

Go Canada! I'm moving there soon :D

TF Chipmunk
Feb 19th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Seriously...:o

Go Canada! I'm moving there soon :D
Hopefully I can go to the Vancouver Olympics in 2010 :bounce:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 19th, 2006, 02:46 AM
One was disqualified :devil: I worked my magic dolls :angel:

You and your magic tricks. I hope you pinned 140 needles in Radanova already for Kalyna to get it!

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 19th, 2006, 03:09 AM
You and your magic tricks. I hope you pinned 140 needles in Radanova already for Kalyna to get it!
Yeah well actually I wasn't a good Canadian in that case. I wanted Radanova to keep her medal :o The rule clearly states that a skater has to deliberately kick her blade up in order to be disqualified and in that case, in my opinion (because in short track it's often about personal opinions), Radanova did not do it on purpose. She was on her way to falling. And she didn't do anything bad to the other skaters. She deserved her medal. I'm glad she got to keep it.

On another aspect, I want Kalyna to win her first Olympic medal by herself. I'm very confident she can do it. If she keeps improving she'll be one hell of a skater. :D

TF Chipmunk
Feb 19th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Dave, I bet you were the one who caused Lindsay Jacobellis to fall yesterday :ras:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:02 AM
Yeah well actually I wasn't a good Canadian in that case. I wanted Radanova to keep her medal :o The rule clearly states that a skater has to deliberately kick her blade up in order to be disqualified and in that case, in my opinion (because in short track it's often about personal opinions), Radanova did not do it on purpose. She was on her way to falling. And she didn't do anything bad to the other skaters. She deserved her medal. I'm glad she got to keep it.

On another aspect, I want Kalyna to win her first Olympic medal by herself. I'm very confident she can do it. If she keeps improving she'll be one hell of a skater. :D

How dare you! ;) I agree Kalyna shouldn't get that medal, her coach is getting crazy on that appeal. She doesn't want to get her medal this way and I really understand her. She is so yound, she'll get to win a lot more medals in the future, i'm not even nervous for her.

canuckfan
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Cindy just won silver in the 1000 m :yeah: Just missed the gold by 0.04 sec :eek:
Kristina finished 5th.

Again Anni Friesinger disapoints, but still win bronze.

angele87
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Well done Cindy :yeah:

Already a better day for Canada today... Cinday won silver, the women's curling team defeated Italy earlier today and after 3 of 4 heats, Canada 1 ( Leuders and Brown) are second in bobsleigh!

angele87
Feb 19th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Apparently there's a bit of controversy going on in bobsleigh. I just had the tv on in the background so I didn't catch all the details but it seems many teams ( they named around 6 or 7 I'd say, including Canada) think the Germans, who are in first play, may be doing something illegal with the blades of their bobsleigh. The representives of the teams concerned are supposed to meet before the 4th heat ( which is scheduled to start in about 20 minutes) to decide if they're going to launch any kind of complaint/protest.

canuckfan
Feb 19th, 2006, 05:03 PM
BTW, who fucking cares about USA vs Sweden? Cindy just won her 3rd medals and they keep showing hockey. Put it on TSN, and show the athletes who actually care about the games on CBC and SRC.

Wiggly
Feb 19th, 2006, 08:19 PM
It seems Lauzon/Dubreuil fell :sad: She's injuried but I didn't see anything...hockey ;) :rolleyes:

0-2 :o

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 19th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Patrice and Marie-France were skating SO WELL!!! It's terribly sad. They easily could have been second if she hadn't fallen. I hope she'll be ok for tomorrow :sad:

Belmont Lad
Feb 19th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Patrice and Marie-France were skating SO WELL!!! It's terribly sad. They easily could have been second if she hadn't fallen. I hope she'll be ok for tomorrow :sad:

Ack, is she injured?

canuckfan
Feb 19th, 2006, 09:09 PM
0-2 :o

:rolls:

Can they just get eliminated now? They are a disgrace for the nation :bolt:

The team is worth like a 100 millions a year and they could't score a goal to save their lives :rolleyes:

It's one medal I won't lose sleep about. :devil:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Feb 19th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Stupid hockey team. If they can't beat suisse or finland they'll definitely lose to the czechs

Paldias
Feb 20th, 2006, 04:04 AM
Better day today! :D

canuckfan
Feb 20th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Kelly V. Sooooooo close! Even closer than Erik :bigcry: And she was in 1st for so long. At least she got beaten by 3 of the best skiers in history.

François :worship: Well not really close but now he knows that you can't win a olympic medal just skiing not to lose.

That's now three 4th place in alpine skiing. :banghead:

jrm
Feb 20th, 2006, 01:49 PM
First Eric and now Kelly :sad:

Poor Francois :sad:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 20th, 2006, 02:24 PM

OMG, i was looking at them dancing, and for the first time in my life I enjoyed dance in figure skating. Only Shay-Lyn and Victor with their river-dance number gave me that feel. They were so energetic, their program was so complex, and then suddenly she starts flying into the air, and falls abruptly on the ground. I was almost crying, it was too sad to be true. Now I hope she is ok, we still didn't get any news on the importance of her injury.

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 20th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Dubreuil and Lauzon withdrew from the free dance :bigcry: She's too hurt. I hope she'll be ok soon and ready for the Worlds in Calgary. Olympics are so cruel sometimes... :sad: It was all ruined in 1 second... It's horrible.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Feb 20th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Too Many Fourths...

anyway the womens hockey team won Gold.
The womens and mens curling teams qualified for the playoffs today

hablo
Feb 20th, 2006, 10:01 PM
anyway the womens hockey team won Gold.
The womens and mens curling teams qualified for the playoffs today:banana::banana::banana: I loved how you could hear the crowd singing the anthem...that's how many Canadians (I assume) were in the stands :hearts:

I hope the mens' teams can do better against the Czechs but I'm not keeping my hopes up :rolleyes::tape:

it was close in the curling for the canadian women today :unsure:
I still don't get that sport :help::o

canuckfan
Feb 22nd, 2006, 12:10 PM
Chandra Crawford wins gold in the Cross-Country skiing sprint :woohoo:

From a non factor 3 weeks ago on the world cup scene to olympic champion :eek:

And she won by a mile in each of her heats!

Ryan
Feb 22nd, 2006, 01:46 PM
Chandra! :D She's a nice breath of fresh air!

Ryan
Feb 22nd, 2006, 05:02 PM
Gold and Silver for Klassen and Groves in the Women's 1500m! :D :D They looked to happy, well done girls!

hablo
Feb 22nd, 2006, 05:03 PM
what a great day for Canada : 2 gold and a silver :woohoo:

klassen (gold) and Groves (silver)

now if the men's hockey team would win :unsure: that would be nice :bounce:

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 22nd, 2006, 07:29 PM
And ANOTHER four-medal day for Canada!!!! :bounce: And one of them coming in my favorite sport ever, short track :D :D I'm in heaven! :D Congrats to Chandra, Cindy, Kristina, Kalyna, Tania, Amanda, Alanna and Anouk! :yeah: And finally, the women's relay get the silver. They were coming here after having won the bronze in the last two Olympics and they said very openly that they were here for gold or silver. Well done. And Kalyna... that last pass at the end of the race... Just lovely. :kiss:

canuckfan
Feb 22nd, 2006, 07:42 PM
And Brad and friends just hammered the yanks 11-5 in the semis. By far their best game of the tournament :yeah:

We have to congratulate the canadian ladies. So far they have won 13 of the 18 canadian medals :eek:

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 22nd, 2006, 07:45 PM
And Brad and friends just hammered the yanks 11-5 in the semis. By far their best game of the tournament :yeah:

We have to congratulate the canadian ladies. So far they have won 13 of the 18 canadian medals :eek:
:speakles: That's right! I didn't even notice that. Wow! Pretty impressive.

Ryan
Feb 22nd, 2006, 08:02 PM
I was JUST thinking that our women have really pulled through this games. :D What about men's short-track, do we have any medal chances for them coming soon?

Gushue Team! :bounce:

Belmont Lad
Feb 22nd, 2006, 09:04 PM
Great day for Canada, 2 gold and 2 silver to bring us to 18 medals!! Cindy is just so great, I really think she'll win her fifth medal of the games in the 5000 in a few days! In fact, Canada could sweep the 5000 podium, it's not inconceivable for these ladies. Go Canada! :bounce: :bounce:

canuckfan
Feb 22nd, 2006, 09:05 PM
Canada lose 0-2 :woohoo: :rolleyes:
I'm so glad we're done with this mess.

Now for god sake, no more Gretzky and friends in 2010.

Wiggly
Feb 22nd, 2006, 09:10 PM
:fiery: Now newspapers will only talk about hockey lost, nothing about others medals :o :fiery:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Feb 22nd, 2006, 09:55 PM
Already our record total with 18 and more to come beating 2002's 17 medals.
Canada bt. USA in mens curling semi to play Finland in the final
Suisse bt. Canada in womens curling semi. Canada to play Norway in the bronze match

Paldias
Feb 23rd, 2006, 03:50 AM
Awesome day! :yeah: :sad: about the Men's Hockey but oh well! :D

Predictions for the final days of the Olympics:
Bronze Medal in Men's Aerials
Bronze Medal in Women's Curling
Gold Medal in Men's Curling
Gold Medal, Silver Medal, Bronze Medal in Women's Speed Skating 5000m
Silver Medal in Short Track 500m Men's Speed Skating
Silver Medal in Short Track 5000m Men's Relay

:p I'm an optimist! :tape: 26 medals baby! :rocker2:

Ryan
Feb 23rd, 2006, 01:23 PM
Kleibrink's team just crushed Nordby 11-5 in women's curling, well done girls! :D

Does anyone else find Terry Liebel (sp?) to be a complete and utter MORON?

canuckfan
Feb 23rd, 2006, 03:27 PM
Awesome day! :yeah: :sad: about the Men's Hockey but oh well! :D

Predictions for the final days of the Olympics:
Bronze Medal in Men's Aerials
Bronze Medal in Women's Curling
Gold Medal in Men's Curling
Gold Medal, Silver Medal, Bronze Medal in Women's Speed Skating 5000m
Silver Medal in Short Track 500m Men's Speed Skating
Silver Medal in Short Track 5000m Men's Relay

:p I'm an optimist! :tape: 26 medals baby! :rocker2:

It could happen, except for the sweep in the 5000 m. Kristina Groves is having trouble this year in the longer distances so I doubt she'll be top 5. Hugues is also not at the top of her game, but her amazing stamina should do the trick. Her main german rival Pechstein is also not having good olympics. The good news is that Friesinger will probably not skate saturday.

I guess the top 4 will be: Pechstein, Klassen, Hugues and Sablikova with all four able to win the gold.

hablo
Feb 23rd, 2006, 03:47 PM
26 medals is a tad too optimistic, imo :lol:

hablo
Feb 23rd, 2006, 05:36 PM
Men's Aerials : some questionable choices of jumps from the Canadians :shrug:

why chose jumps that judges don't score well or are not familiar with (as in too 'innovative' for international competition ? :help: ) :tape:

On a more positive note, the Canadian ladies are really coming thru in these olympics ... :D

so happy that we won bronze in curling :banana:

hablo
Feb 23rd, 2006, 07:50 PM
so proud of Joannie Rochette (5th) and Mira Leung (12th) :D

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 23rd, 2006, 09:31 PM
Shannon :D

Now cutie Brad better win gold!

And I am so proud of Joanie Rochette, what a great performance she did today, she showed she can be considered in the favorites for a podium in the future!

Belmont Lad
Feb 23rd, 2006, 09:35 PM
Grats to Kleibrink and her team on their bronze medal today! :bigclap: And so thrilled for Joannie, what a great skate and top 5 finish!!! :yeah: The ladies are certainly powering our team to it's record haul of medals. Keep it up!! :) :)

canuckfan
Feb 23rd, 2006, 10:24 PM
Wow, nice job by Joannie. I'm not a figure skating expert but I know that last year she was doing triple-triple combinations. I wonder why she doesn't anymore. One in the short and 2 in the long and she's on the podium (easyer said than done I know...)

Beckie was elected to the IOC athletes' commission today and she'll be a member of the IOC for the next 8 years. She was elected by the athletes, receiving the most votes(449) among all candidates. Saku Koivu was also elected.

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 24th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Amazing performance from Joannie! She must be really proud of herself. :D :D :bounce: Congratulations!

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 24th, 2006, 03:35 AM
Congrats on the spot in the IOC Beckie :D

@m@nd@
Feb 24th, 2006, 07:04 AM
congrats to joannie for a great performance and placing in the top 5!

Pszczelny
Feb 24th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Canadian winter sport :worship:

in Vancouver you'll rule :yeah:

Wiggly
Feb 24th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Do you saw Super-G? Half of the time, I'm struggling to see contestants :eek:

So many peoples fell or did not finish :eek:

EDIT: Simard finished 5th :sad:

Canadian ski are so unlucky, alwasy 1-2 spots for the podium :o

canuckfan
Feb 24th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Too bad Gen couldn't take advantage today, as most of the big guns faltered. But Ottoson had a killer second run and Mancuso was just head and shoulders above everyone.

Still a very good Olympics for the alpine team, even if the media will say that it's a big disapointment we didn't win any medal. Well the man slalom is still to come but Thomas will have too much pressure I guess, as it's his last olympic event ever.

hablo
Feb 24th, 2006, 07:35 PM
gold medal in mens' curling :woohoo:

first ever for the guys in winter olympic games :eek:

Belmont Lad
Feb 24th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Grats to Brad Gushue and the boys, well done in a convincing gold medal victory. Marc Nichols was just awesome! :clap2: :clap2: :yeah:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 25th, 2006, 05:05 AM
Mark Nichols is a god. Really the most talented player to come out of Canada in a long time, maybe since Dave Nedohin!

Brad :drool: Totally deserved! And that missed draw for 7 was priceless ;)

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 25th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Cindy Klassen just assured her fifth medal of those games! Incredible performance! Now we only need to know what color it is, and if Clara can manage to win one also! Fight Clara!

Cindy :worship:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 25th, 2006, 04:21 PM
OMG! :D What a race from Clara, she finished strong like usual, what a great ending! Clara first, Cindy third :D Another double podium on long track! :D

Cindy is now officially the canadian athlete with the most medals :D
And here we go 22 medals now :wavey: :worship: Imagine with all those fourth places!

Paldias
Feb 25th, 2006, 04:40 PM
:woohoo: Clara! Cindy! :bounce:

hablo
Feb 25th, 2006, 04:51 PM
I'm so proud of Hughes (gold) and Klassen (bronze) :worship:
way to go, ladies :banana:

Canada has now 22 medals :eek:

yeah we sure had a lot of 4th places finishes... hopefully we can build on our performances in these olympics for Vancouver :woohoo:

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 25th, 2006, 05:08 PM
I am still trying to find the words to express how I feel about Clara's perfomance today. I am inspired and in total admiration. The grit, the never give up attitude she had. She got back nearly THREE seconds in the last lap. I am... speechless. I love Clara, I love the person she is. I admire the athlete. This gold is more than deserved. She's an amazing athlete, an amazing person. :worship: This race is the kind of race you look at when you feel you can't do it. This was the most inspiring race I have EVER seen. I am really thankful I saw it. :) As you can probably tell, I'm really happy ;)

gibberish
Feb 25th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Yay for Clara! A medallist in two sports in Summer and Winter Olympics! She was one of the best ever female cyclists IMO (multiple Canadian champ, medallist at World Champs, Olympics, Commonwealth champ, Women's Challenge '94 winner, Philly winner) and now she's a gold medallist in speedskating. You go girl

blerr
Feb 25th, 2006, 05:59 PM
I've been following Brad Gushue and his team AND Clara Hughes forever it seems! I'm so proud of both accomplishments! I was almost brought to tears watching both of them yesterday and today, and I'm just SO happy and SO PROUD to be Canadian! Clara Hughes is such an inspiration for people aspiring to do anything, especially athletes! She's an amazing woman!

Brad, you had a tough year with you Mom, and now everything is getting better.. You, Mark, Russ, Jamie and Mike are amazing, and all of you helped eachother to win yesterday! You totally deserve everything you've gotten this year, and I hope you're spectacular play continues for a long time!
P.S - You and Mark are the best shooters in the game.

Crazy Canuck
Feb 25th, 2006, 06:15 PM
22 :eek: The Canadian feds set a lofty goal with 25 and the team has done a great job of nearly catching it. This sets us up well for Vancouver :)

Medals shouldn't; be the only barometer of success though... lots of top 5 finishes and personal bests were met at these olympics as well.

Bravo!

Wiggly
Feb 25th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Tremblay won SILVER in 500m :bounce: Bedard finished...4th :rolleyes:

If the fucking British would not have push him a little in firsts laps, he would have won bronze because he lost it by 0:04 I think :o :fiery: This Brithis was advanced so many times for nothing :rolleyes: Just to do shit in final :o

I think we have 11 or 12 4th place, many by less than 1 second :eek: :sad:

Paldias
Feb 25th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Silver in Men's 5000 m Team Short Track Speedskating! :yeah: It's too bad that we lost the lead on the last lap, but awesome job! :D

24 medals baby! :eek: :woohoo:

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 25th, 2006, 08:06 PM
François-Louis Tremblay and the relay tead did GREAT :D It would have been even better to get a third consecutive gold in the relay but the Koreans were too strong at the end. Good job guys :) 24 medals in total. Amazing! :D

canuckfan
Feb 25th, 2006, 08:13 PM
So it will end at 24 medals. Very good! We'll finish 3rd in total medals behind Germany and the USA (except if Russia sweep the podium tommorow in cross country skiing).

And we're quite close to 1st. I thought Germany would win 40+ medals, and the USA 30+. But they had so-so games.

Austria won just about everything they could. Sweden had very good games also, so has Switzerland.

Disastrous for Norway, Finland and Japan.

I think we finished with 14 4th place finishes and maybe ten other 5th-6th places :eek:

This team will be letal in Vancouver :devil: The only medal winners who won't be there in 4 years are Beckie Scott and Duff Gibson for sure.

Others who might retire are Sara Renner, Jeff Pain, some of the relay short trackers and women hockey players.

canuckfan
Feb 25th, 2006, 08:23 PM
By the way, we need a spy to go to Korea to find out how they train the short track speed skaters there. They are so much better than anybody in the 1000 and 1500 metres and it's no fun anymore. Plus they are all kids.

Wiggly
Feb 25th, 2006, 09:08 PM
By the way, we need a spy to go to Korea to find out how they train the short track speed skaters there. They are so much better than anybody in the 1000 and 1500 metres and it's no fun anymore. Plus they are all kids.

The last one KILLED Turcotte (I think :confused: ) in last lap in the relay :sad:
I never scream that much in front of my TV :tape: :lol:

Asia is killin everybody in short track :o

angele87
Feb 26th, 2006, 12:34 AM
So, SO happy for Brad Gushue and his entire team! I've been a fan for so long, but I never really knew if this day would ever come. I'm just happy for them, and proud of them :angel: Congrats guys, you really deserve it :D

angele87
Feb 26th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Great games for Canada overall. 24 medals with 13 fourth place finishes and 8 fifth place finishes. Well done to all the athletes :yeah:

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 26th, 2006, 03:03 AM
The Koreans have amazing stamina... I have no idea where it comes from. We just need to never lose hope and always try to catch up. I must say that the Koreans really did a great performance at the Olympics, but in the World Cups all year long, it wasn't always like that. Koreans know when to peak. Even if what we saw during these Olympics did not look like it, I believe that the gap is slowly closing between the Koreans and the rest of the pack. We still have a lot of work to do on the longer distances and during the most important events, but we're getting there. It's really hard to catch up with a country who has such different ways of training. They practically grab the athletes from their cribs and train them to become champions. It's a whole different cultural perspective, where they don't always race for fun. Sometimes that makes the difference, especially in the Olympics. We have to find a way to counter this do or die attitude during the Olympic races.

I'm really eager to witness the next Olympic cycle. Who will retire, who will burst onto the scene. Not only in Canada, in every country. The Europeans are making a strong move and the asians and Canadians will have to watch them. Tatiana Borodoulina will be very good, as will Arianna Fontana. Charles Hamelin, Anouk Leblanc-Boucher and Kalyna Roberge are really the three big Canadian young hopes. Others are still just out of the spotlight but very talented. Mathieu Giroux, Olivier Jean, Steve Robillard, Jessica Gregg, Raphaële Lemieux and a lot of others are not all very young but all are very talented and with Kraus, Vicent and Bédard close to retiring, a few of these athletes should take this opportunity and burst onto the international scene.

I have rambled on :o and I would like to keep going for hours, but you might get bored :p I have tons of things to say about this and I don't know enough short track fans to share this with.

canuckfan
Feb 26th, 2006, 03:36 AM
I have rambled on :o and I would like to keep going for hours, but you might get bored :p I have tons of things to say about this and I don't know enough short track fans to share this with.

Yeah I know. In this country if you don't talk about hockey, few listen and answer back ;)

I'm not sure we're closing the gap with Korea as they never looked so dominant than at these Olympics. The Canadians were dominant in the 2004-2005 world cup season so at that point I thought we would sweep most of the medals, but this season it's been disapointing. Mathieu Turcotte was not the same and Charles Hamelin was not as good as last year. Canada is really deep in the 500m, but not so much in the 1000m and 1500m. I guess Mathieu, Eric and Jonathan won't be there in 2010. So it will probably be Charles, François-Louis, Mathieu Giroux and Charles' brother. How old is Steve Robillard? It seems he's been around forever.

As for the women, the future is really bright in the 500m. Every year we have a new youngster doing great(Anouk, then Kalyna and next year Jessica Gregg I guess). But we're still really weak in the longer distances. Amanda is good but I'm not sure she can make the next step. We really miss Amelie Goulet-Nadon. I hope she'll come back as she's never officially retire, but her health seemed pretty bad.

As for the internationals, it's great to see young talent coming from outside Asia. Fontana, Borodulina, Chataigner and Kim(USA) are the most promising. But sadly, I have the feeling it will just make it harder for us to come out of our quarter finals ;)

XaDavK_Kapri
Feb 26th, 2006, 04:20 AM
I'm not sure we're closing the gap with Korea as they never looked so dominant than at these Olympics. The Canadians were dominant in the 2004-2005 world cup season so at that point I thought we would sweep most of the medals, but this season it's been disapointing. Mathieu Turcotte was not the same and Charles Hamelin was not as good as last year. Canada is really deep in the 500m, but not so much in the 1000m and 1500m. I guess Mathieu, Eric and Jonathan won't be there in 2010. So it will probably be Charles, François-Louis, Mathieu Giroux and Charles' brother. How old is Steve Robillard? It seems he's been around forever.
The Koreans did look totally unbeatable at these Olympics... and they were. Canadians maybe peaked a little early (last year...). I was also very eager for Torino when Mathieu and Charles had that great season last year, but in this season's world cups it never really was the same and the Koreans just took over. It doesn't look like we're closing the gap but I still believe we are ;) Call me delusional, as I probably am :p but I guess if you stop believing it won't get you anywhere. Canadians are really working hard and it will pay off I'm sure. Gotta keep the faith. As I said, it's really a question of knowing when to peak and how to handle the big events or what attitude to have when you get to those events.

Steve Robillard is about 25, if I'm not mistaken. He has huge talent but Canadian trials are so cruel. One year you're winning world cups and the year after you finish 6th at the trials and don't qualify for the world cup team. The trials are sometimes won by the athletes who can stand the pressure of competing against your teammates and the ones who struggle with that different type of pressure usually do badly at the trials. And those athletes can be awesome on the international level but can't really get it together when they're racing against their friends. The trials are really tough for all the athletes. :(

We really miss Amelie Goulet-Nadon.
GOD YES. We miss her sorely. That weird "injury" or however it's called really was a terrible blow for the team. She was quite an amazing skater. And I'm sure once she's fully healthy she will still be great. She has not retired and from what I heard she has no intention to do so. She's working on the problem. I don't even know exactly what it is. Well I do but it's hard to explain. In short, her brain forgot how to do a very simple movement and it caused her to fall and was dangerous to her health. It's like your brain would suddenly forget how to bend your knee or something. It's a really strange injury. I hope she gets better because I enjoyed watching her skate. She could hold off the Koreans. And you don't see that often.

As for the internationals, it's great to see young talent coming from outside Asia. Fontana, Borodulina, Chataigner and Kim(USA) are the most promising. But sadly, I have the feeling it will just make it harder for us to come out of our quarter finals ;)
Yeah there's the good and bad side of it ;) Chataignier is pretty good, I saw one of his races last week and he looks promising. and he's really cute too :angel: :lol: They might make it tough on us but who knows, it might help us if we have other competition than the Koreans. As long as we get through ;)

the cat
Feb 26th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Well done by Canada at the Winter Olympics. :) Their athletes in general are quite likable. Especially my 2 favorites Cindy Klassen and Clara Hughes. They both have good attitudes, nice smiles and are blessed with great physiques. :D :clap2:

Pszczelny
Feb 26th, 2006, 07:55 PM
for me the only minus of Vancouver 2010 is that it will be the night olympics :lol: :angel:

but olympics in Canada is something fantastic, great winter climate, great winter country, great winter sport, great winter spirit, I love this country :hearts:

I have no choice, just to not sleep and to watch all the olympics :D

Wiggly
Feb 26th, 2006, 08:22 PM
I fell in love with short track :hearts: Maybe I will go to World Cup (team) in Montreal 25-26 march :)

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 26th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Ok y'all, i think it is time for a final analysis of the Canadian winter olympics! Just few questions to see what were the things that really caught your eye! Of course, answer only with canadians ;)

1) Best Athlete
2) Best performance
3) Most surprising performance
4) Most disappointing performance
5) Best reaction
6) Heartbreak
7) Coup de coeur (someone you really fell in love with!)

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 26th, 2006, 10:05 PM
1) Best Athlete : I think it has to be Cindy Klassen. What she did was just unbelievable, she had high expectations and she exceeded them. A great example for everyone.
2) Best performance: That's a toughie. I think I'll give a tie between Jennifer Heil and the women's hockey team. But weren't surprising, but both dominated their competition and clearly deserved the world title.
3) Most surprising performance: Chandra Crawford. Her win in the sprint was totally unexpected and her smile was great at the end. I also need to give credit to Joannie Rochette for her 5th place, incredible performance.
4) Most disappointing performance: We have a few here. First, all those fourth places. There is nothing to be disappointed about a 4rth place of course, and it is a good sign for the future, but it is still sad because a lot of other medals were on the line. More precisely, the Canadian hockey team of course, Emmanuel Sandhu, Jeremy Wotherspoon and Jasey Jay Anderson.
5) Best reaction : That title goes for Clara Hughes for me. Incredible smile, totally deserved, she made me cry!
6) Heartbreak : Dubreuil/Lauzon for me. It was incredibly sad to see Marie-France fall at the end of such a perfect and amazing program. Now I hope everything is ok for her. Beckie not getting her medal was also tough.
7) Coup de coeur (someone you really fell in love with!): Jeffrey Buttle :drool: What a cutie, was a sweetie, very talented, so lovable! I loved my Brad G earlier, but i love him even more now that I know he is so emotive ;)

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 26th, 2006, 10:06 PM
If you have any other aspects i forgot, add them of course!