PDA

View Full Version : Dont you think its soooo ANONYMOUS on this forum????

liuxuan
Feb 11th, 2006, 12:36 AM
im a member of a couple of other forums and its like, a community, where i know loads of people and, even though I only know them through communicating on a forum, would count them as friends.

I just feel like sometimes, this board is soooooooo busy and bustling with a totally rediculous number of posts - the majority of which are on line rants that doesnt warrant a response and are not in anyway participating in any kind of discussion, rather, just chating a 'go such and such' kinda thing - that it makes it impossible to make this place feel like any kind of community or get to know anyone properly?

Ive been posting on this site for 4 years but ive not actually been able to really get a feel for who anyone is because its so frantic, and no actual conversations seem to go on. On other boards, its like everyone kinda sits round at a house party talking, wheras here, its more like a crowd at a football match all screaming stuff at the pitch, do you know what I mean?

and so just for the record, im going to introduce myself.

My name is William, im 20 from Glasgow. I studying International Business and Modern Languages st Strathclyde Uni (Marketing with French and Spanish). Im gay. My passions in life are to have a fuck of fantastic time, lots of fun with my friends who I love. I love to go clubbing, fabourite place is Ibiza, im going again for 2 weeks with all my friends for my 21st birthday this year. im a dance music freak! Also love Madonna, shes my idol. Love rock music too, I go to T in the Park (a rock and dance music festival like Glastonbury) every year.I love Tennis and Athletics, my favourite player ever is Steffi, I love the pants off her. My favourite current player is Venus, although i Love Linzi and cant wait for Jennifer to come back cos I love her too. Nice as she is, I just cant stand Mauresmo on the court and was gutted she won australia.

Anyways, theres a little about me............anyone?:bounce:

ampers&
Feb 11th, 2006, 12:41 AM
im a member of a couple of other forums and its like, a community, where i know loads of people and, even though I only know them through communicating on a forum, would count them as friends.

I just feel like sometimes, this board is soooooooo busy and bustling with a totally rediculous number of posts - the majority of which are on line rants that doesnt warrant a respon..........:yawn:....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzz zzzzzzzzz......
...:zzz:

!<blocparty>!
Feb 11th, 2006, 12:45 AM
My name is William,

Im gay.

Hi William! :hehehe:

im a dance music freak!

Bye William!

liuxuan
Feb 11th, 2006, 12:45 AM
oh cheers.........:wavey: to you too

liuxuan
Feb 11th, 2006, 12:48 AM

Bye William!

what???? this is crazy! lol, u cant take that attitude to people, and FYI im not exclusively into dance music, im into a wide ranging variety of stuff. ach anyway, whats the point n defending myself if you get judged so quickly like that:confused:

ampers&
Feb 11th, 2006, 12:49 AM

Bye William!
ahahahahaha...:haha:...
but you like Madonna right?
dosn't she make dance music? :unsure:

!<blocparty>!
Feb 11th, 2006, 12:50 AM
:spit:

new-york
Feb 11th, 2006, 12:50 AM
what???? this is crazy! lol, u cant take that attitude to people, and FYI im not exclusively into dance music, im into a wide ranging variety of stuff. ach anyway, whats the point n defending myself if you get judged so quickly like that:confused:

anonymous people have a lot of humour. ;)

Shenanigans
Feb 11th, 2006, 12:54 AM
What happened William did Bennets close early tonight? ;)

liuxuan
Feb 11th, 2006, 12:56 AM
What happened William did Bennets close early tonight? ;)

lol, what the hell?? do I know you?

!<blocparty>!
Feb 11th, 2006, 12:57 AM

NO! Madonna is like, really overrated. :o I liked her 80's stuff.

Shenanigans
Feb 11th, 2006, 01:00 AM
lol, what the hell?? do I know you?

No, but I have been were you have been del monicas and the other bar round the corner. :)

liuxuan
Feb 11th, 2006, 01:01 AM
No, but I have been were you have been del monicas and the other bar round the corner. :)

delmonicas and bennets are pretty awful to be honest with you. Dont really go to gay clubs. Polo is ok I guess, thats the one round the corner.

liuxuan
Feb 11th, 2006, 01:03 AM

nope, i wouldnt call her stuff dance, id call it pop music. for dance music look at Tiga, or even Jeff Mills or Laurent Garnier. fuckin, why am i even wasting time telling you this when youve come across as so dismissive, and well....downright nasty. hmm......no need mate

Shenanigans
Feb 11th, 2006, 01:04 AM
delmonicas and bennets are pretty awful to be honest with you. Dont really go to gay clubs. Polo is ok I guess, thats the one round the corner.

Okay haven't been to any of them in years, glad to know they are still there, you should at least try them out when I was there you could find alot of nice people to talk to.

SelesFan70
Feb 11th, 2006, 01:17 AM
Are you sure you're 20? :unsure:

Kart
Feb 11th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Nice as she is, I just cant stand Mauresmo on the court and was gutted she won australia.

You were doing ok until then :p.

Shenanigans
Feb 11th, 2006, 01:31 AM
You were doing ok until then :p.

I did not notice the part he said about Amélie :fiery: :fiery: don't worry he just has to get out more if he is the age he is and likes the music he says he likes then he would go out on the gay scene in Glasgow. :tape:

Grachka
Feb 11th, 2006, 01:55 AM
I did not notice the part he said about Amélie :fiery: :fiery: don't worry he just has to get out more if he is the age he is and likes the music he says he likes then he would go out on the gay scene in Glasgow. :tape:
If he had any sense he wouldn't go out in Glasgow at all ;)

My name is William, im 20 from Glasgow. I studying International Business and Modern Languages st Strathclyde Uni (Marketing with French and Spanish). Im gay. My passions in life are to have a fuck of fantastic time, lots of fun with my friends who I love. I love to go clubbing, fabourite place is Ibiza, im going again for 2 weeks with all my friends for my 21st birthday this year. im a dance music freak! Also love Madonna, shes my idol. Love rock music too, I go to T in the Park (a rock and dance music festival like Glastonbury) every year.I love Tennis and Athletics, my favourite player ever is Steffi, I love the pants off her. My favourite current player is Venus, although i Love Linzi and cant wait for Jennifer to come back cos I love her too. Nice as she is, I just cant stand Mauresmo on the court and was gutted she won australia.
Oh no :( Willie the chav :sad:....T in the Park :tape: :help:

P.S. My mum went to Strathclyde Uni :) And once a toddler spat on me there too :o

DutchieGirl
Feb 11th, 2006, 05:47 AM
Hi William.

I have to say I disagree with your first post. I've been posting on here for alomst 5 years, and I have met at least 25 people from here, and I talk to alot of people quite often. i think it's great that there are so many people on here - you can meet people from so many different backgrounds! :D

But I also post on a couple of other smaller webboards, and it's nice too - but now I think most people on those boards post here too! :lol:

And boo about what you said about Amelie! :ras:

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 11th, 2006, 06:00 AM
Hi William!! I'm Nwando!

Andy.
Feb 11th, 2006, 06:21 AM
Hi Williams im Andrew and i also like Dance Music and going out In fact thats what i will be doin tonight

GrandSlam05
Feb 11th, 2006, 06:40 AM
I think it's good that it's anonymous. Who's on here to make real friends anyway? It's an internet tennis forum LOL.
And if anything Madonna is UNDERRATED. :mad:

DutchieGirl
Feb 11th, 2006, 07:13 AM
I think it's good that it's anonymous. Who's on here to make real friends anyway? It's an internet tennis forum LOL.
And if anything Madonna is UNDERRATED. :mad:

Yeah it's an internet forum, but it doesn't mean you can't make friends on here. :p I have lots of great friends now that I met on here first!

rebel_ffighter
Feb 11th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Thats why I like this forum...I dont like meeting people from forums(or generally from the net) since I dont believe in any kind of relationship from the net(friendship or not)...so this is one of the few forums that strangers dont send me pm all the time

PamShriverRockz
Feb 11th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Hi William....can't say I've found this board to be anonymous...I've met some great people on here, who I meet up with and count as some of my best friends!

Takes all sorts ;)

SloKid
Feb 11th, 2006, 12:16 PM
I don't think this board is anonymous either, I talk to a lot of people on a regular basis :shrug:

Dana Marcy
Feb 11th, 2006, 03:21 PM

I just feel like sometimes, this board is soooooooo busy and bustling with a totally rediculous number of posts - the majority of which are on line rants that doesnt warrant a response and are not in anyway participating in any kind of discussion, rather, just chating a 'go such and such' kinda thing - that it makes it impossible to make this place feel like any kind of community or get to know anyone properly?

Ive been posting on this site for 4 years but ive not actually been able to really get a feel for who anyone is because its so frantic, and no actual conversations seem to go on. On other boards, its like everyone kinda sits round at a house party talking, wheras here, its more like a crowd at a football match all screaming stuff at the pitch, do you know what I mean?

Sorry William that the board isn't what you want it to be but to ME the board is really what you make it. I don't like some of the threads you're talking about either but that's MY problem, NOT theirs (they have the right to post that stuff - it isn't against the board's rules). While I don't know a lot of people here, there are several people whose posts I enjoy reading whether I interact with them a lot or not. Good luck and I hope things getter better for you in terms of enjoying yourself here. :)

creep
Feb 11th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Sorry William that the board isn't what you want it to be but to ME the board is really what you make it. I don't like some of the threads you're talking about either but that's MY problem, NOT theirs (they have the right to post that stuff - it isn't against the board's rules). While I don't know a lot of people here, there are several people whose posts I enjoy reading whether I interact with them a lot or not. Good luck and I hope things getter better for you in terms of enjoying yourself here. :)

I agree. There's far too many on here concerned with what others say than what they have to say themselves. If people aren't your cup of tea, who cares. Let them get on with it!

Kiswana
Feb 11th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Hello William! :wavey:

I must say I'm very impressed that a 20 year old young man's favourite player is Steffi Graf. When you think about it, you were 1 years old when Steffi won her first Grand Slam title and 13 years old when she won her last. Without question, she would applaud you for being of a fans of hers as opposed to someone from your own generation.

Best wishes at uni! :)

PaulieM
Feb 11th, 2006, 07:08 PM
nope, i wouldnt call her stuff dance, id call it pop music. for dance music look at Tiga, or even Jeff Mills or Laurent Garnier. fuckin, why am i even wasting time telling you this when youve come across as so dismissive, and well....downright nasty. hmm......no need mate
because this wasn't at all dismissive and nasty. :shrug:

anyway :wavey: :)

liuxuan
Feb 14th, 2006, 02:49 PM
ok, i guess on the whole, it didnt do me much good starting this thread, and I have to say, im probably wrong, as it seems like a nice community on here.

he reason I thought otherwise, is that I didnt know about this non tennis forum until last week lol, I only ever browsed in GM.

Anyway, people have probly made up theyre minds about me and thats me had it:tape: :eek: :p just kiddin, im sure i'll get to know everyone a lot better from now on.

Kart
Feb 14th, 2006, 03:22 PM
ok, i guess on the whole, it didnt do me much good starting this thread, and I have to say, im probably wrong, as it seems like a nice community on here.

I don't think you're entirely wrong.

This place is nice but like everywhere else it's full of cliques which you're either in or you're not.

Which seems to bother some more than others.

McAuley
Feb 14th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Hiya William :wavey:

creep
Feb 15th, 2006, 04:31 PM

This place is nice but like everywhere else it's full of cliques which you're either in or you're not.

I know! Now this is merely a suggestion, but how about a new forum a 'Anonymous Forum'.

Where we can post without our username. They could all try and guess who is who and it would save me a lot of valuable time from registering for new nicks. lol

Kirt12255
Feb 15th, 2006, 10:06 PM

:wavey: Couldn't have said it better myself, but that's life and it happens off the net as well. I've gotten to know a few nice people in my 4 years here, but as I often go into Internet Hibernation, I'm not on as often as many people on here.:wavey:

Helen Lawson
Feb 15th, 2006, 10:11 PM
I swear to God, are The Crow, creep, and Fingon the only straight people on these boards? I'm not making any judgments, just making an observation. I guess some of the Maria fans are, I just don't know any enough.

Kirt12255
Feb 15th, 2006, 10:32 PM
I swear to God, are The Crow, creep, and Fingon the only straight people on these boards? I'm not making any judgments, just making an observation. I guess some of the Maria fans are, I just don't know any enough.

:p Do you mean there's 3 posters that have slipped through the cracks that we havn't converted yet?:p

Kart
Feb 15th, 2006, 10:37 PM
They could all try and guess who is who and it would save me a lot of valuable time from registering for new nicks. lol

All the extra nicks are part of your charm :kiss:.

:wavey: Couldn't have said it better myself, but that's life and it happens off the net as well. I've gotten to know a few nice people in my 4 years here, but as I often go into Internet Hibernation, I'm not on as often as many people on here.:wavey:

The cliques used to annoy me on Sanex because of all the in-jokes I never got but I shouldn't criticise too much - after all it was presumably one of those cliques that ended up forming this board.

dementieva's fan
Feb 15th, 2006, 10:47 PM
:p Do you mean there's 3 posters that have slipped through the cracks that we havn't converted yet?:p

ROTFLMAO

DutchieGirl
Feb 15th, 2006, 11:43 PM

I believe there's a few more than 3 - so get to work! :p

*JR*
Feb 16th, 2006, 01:46 AM
I believe there's a few more than 3 - so get to work! :p
You need to complete the Peppermint Project first. (Or get Momo to, as they live in the same country). ;)

DutchieGirl
Feb 16th, 2006, 02:01 AM
You need to complete the Peppermint Project first. (Or get Momo to, as they live in the same country). ;)

:scratch: