PDA

View Full Version : Gaz de France

christos
Feb 3rd, 2006, 07:49 PM
The draw is out : 1st round Lena vs Lioudmila Skavronskaia (RUS)

forever_rafter
Feb 3rd, 2006, 09:35 PM
The draw is out : 1st round Lena vs Lioudmila Skavronskaia (RUS)

3rd match on Centre Court, matches start at 10am. Pame Eleni!

forever_rafter
Feb 4th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) def. Lioudmila Skavronskaia (RUS) in 3 sets but I don't know the score. Next, number 1 seed Sofia Arvidsson (SUE)

Bероника
Feb 4th, 2006, 08:56 PM
oh good . I was looking for the score but couldn't find it anywhere...Good luck for the next one!!!! :bounce:

elena_k
Feb 5th, 2006, 09:22 AM
nice!!:bounce:good luck to the next match!!:yeah:

forever_rafter
Feb 5th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Big thanks to east_players for the pic :worship:

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/9882/daniilidou018mr.jpg

christos
Feb 5th, 2006, 11:34 AM
I can't find the scores :(

forever_rafter
Feb 5th, 2006, 12:12 PM
I don't know the exact score but Eleni lost in 2 sets :sad: :sad: Arvisson is much higher in rankings, she's forty something

Bероника
Feb 5th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Oh no :sad:

christos
Feb 5th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Yes they played Roland Garros last year.

forever_rafter
Feb 5th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Our girl is playing doubles too but again the draw is nothing but lucky :

(4)DEMENTIEVA/PENNETTA vs DANIILIDOU/MEDINA GARRIGUES

guizzy
Feb 5th, 2006, 09:54 PM
I don't know the exact score but Eleni lost in 2 sets :sad: :sad: Arvisson is much higher in rankings, she's forty something

Eleni was also once higher in rankings. Something has to happen soon. Let's say something like changing coach.

spar
Feb 6th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Eleni now 108 in WTA ranking. It is the worst result for last 5 years. It is necessary to something to change urgently.

RayRob
Feb 8th, 2006, 03:58 PM
:sad: there's nothing else to say, except I hope things pick up - she's done it once, she can do it again. I think, sometimes (I know I do) people have to fall as low as they can then it gives them the drive to do the best they can.

Unfortunately, in Eleni's case she hasn't been able to help it as it has been injury after injury for her.

I'm going to the DFS classic for the first 2 days this year and I hope to see Eleni there. Then by the wednesday of DFS, I'll be off to Rhode Island USA for summer. Hoping to be at USO quallies at the end of it, and some of first week of USO - hopefully for both of these events, Eleni will be back to her usual self.

-Rache

forever_rafter
Feb 8th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Hoping to be at USO quallies at the end of it, and some of first week of USO - hopefully for both of these events, Eleni will be back to her usual self.

Too bad I won't be at USO this year, we could hang out together, especially during Eleni's matches/practice sessions ;) I hope you're right about Lena but I think she doesn't need to go any lower in the ranking to start playing better. If she's ambicious, and I believe she is, she will force herself to some actions.

Here is an order of play for Thursday:

Court 1 (NB 16.00hrs)
1. Dementieva/Pennetta vs. Daniilidou/Medina Garrigues (After suitable rest)

Pame and vamos girls!

louloudik
Feb 9th, 2006, 08:06 PM
They lost... The score was 6-4,6-1

elena_k
Feb 9th, 2006, 10:58 PM
:sad: