PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay has pulled out of Tokyo.

Andrew..
Jan 26th, 2006, 05:31 PM
She won't be ranked higher than three through at least the summer hardcourt season. Oh well.

mike/topgun
Jan 26th, 2006, 06:09 PM
big loss for the event:(
I would not be so sure if she Kim and Momo have points to defend as well as Masha so it's not said and done...
It would probably be worse if she falls behind top4 becouse of seeding in GS, but as have the AO draw showed it's not easy to be n#1...

Andrew..
Jan 26th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Kim is injured and out through at least IW, so who knows what's going on there. Mauresmo doesn't have much to defend. I still doubt Lindsay goes above 3 any time soon.

Lindsayfan32
Jan 26th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Well she better off going home and getting her body right. Being number 1 was nice while it lasted but its just a number. There a chance she might get it back and if she doesn't its not the end of the world she had a great run at the top.

lindsayno1
Jan 26th, 2006, 07:38 PM
grand slams come when u arent no1 ;)

Kimmi
Jan 26th, 2006, 07:39 PM
I would love her to get 100 weeks at the top. But I'd take a Slam over the top ranking any day.

Andrew..
Jan 26th, 2006, 08:46 PM
grand slams come when u arent no1 ;)
Unless you're Lindsay, then they just don't come.

lindsayno1
Jan 26th, 2006, 09:17 PM

:(

foreva lindsay
Jan 26th, 2006, 09:20 PM
unfortunatley so true :sad: (at the moment)

mike/topgun
Jan 26th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Come on guys! I still do believe, no I am sure, that when Lindsay heals her ankle and gets prepared for Dubai/IW/Miami she has a good chance not to drop too far behind. It seems like the lowest rank for Linzi is n#4, but it all depends on how much points she'll be able to defend.
The main goal for her is the Slam. And if she does as well at Wimby as she did last year, she's the ultimate favorite to go away with the Venus Rosewater Dish ;)
I hope we'll get to see her winning and enjoying the game soon :tape:

:wavey:

Lindsayfan32
Jan 27th, 2006, 07:00 AM
Mike I totally agree with you. What is the obession with Lindsay being number 1 if she gets back there great if she doesn't I'll take a slam instead anyday and she has a great chance at Wimbledon this year as she has any year.

Solitaire
Jan 27th, 2006, 08:30 AM
The ranking is nice but she's been there done that. As long as she stays within the top 4 I'm not too worried about it. I just hope the rest of her year is injury free.

azmad_88
Jan 29th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Kim is injured and out through at least IW, so who knows what's going on there. Mauresmo doesn't have much to defend. I still doubt Lindsay goes above 3 any time soon.

Finalist Paris
Winner Antwerp

Thats alot..i dont see her overtaking Kim until after IW

foreva lindsay
Jan 29th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Lets hope she rests up and is back in no time :D

santhuruu
Jan 29th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Come on guys! I still do believe, no I am sure, that when Lindsay heals her ankle and gets prepared for Dubai/IW/Miami she has a good chance not to drop too far behind. It seems like the lowest rank for Linzi is n#4, but it all depends on how much points she'll be able to defend.
The main goal for her is the Slam. And if she does as well at Wimby as she did last year, she's the ultimate favorite to go away with the Venus Rosewater Dish ;)
I hope we'll get to see her winning and enjoying the game soon :tape:

:wavey:

Is Lindsay going to play in Miami, cool, that would be awesome.

Andrew..
Jan 29th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Finalist Paris
Winner Antwerp

Thats alot..i dont see her overtaking Kim until after IW
Lindsay has Tokyo F and Dubai W, both of which she's probably bailing on.

After our prompt SF loss to Christine, Mauresmo will be like 1000 points up on us.

candystripe
Jan 29th, 2006, 02:23 PM
She has a good few points to defend in the the french open and Winbledon. But when the summer comes she will reclaim the us open series again. Never the less she will be getting easy draws in the grand slams and kim will be getting harder ones!

Andrew..
Jan 29th, 2006, 02:58 PM
She really can't gain alot this summer. She won New Haven last year, and I doubt she even tries to defend that. That hurts when it comes to building up points.

Lindsay has a really dumb schedule. It looks like she's playing about five events in the first half of the year.

Ty-Ty
Jan 29th, 2006, 06:26 PM
I think the weight of number one being taken of her will be nice, as much as Lindsay says it's doesn't effect her. Somewhere in the back of her head, I'm sure it does.

Lindsayfan32
Jan 29th, 2006, 06:35 PM
I think the weight of number one being taken of her will be nice, as much as Lindsay says it's doesn't effect her. Somewhere in the back of her head, I'm sure it does.

I think ther might be something to your theory. If Lindsaycan maintain a top 4 ranking she will avoid the top players she doesn't want to play in slams until the semis which is good and there's no pressure.

Andrew..
Jan 29th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Yes, she'd love to play Serena in the 2r.

lindsayno1
Jan 29th, 2006, 09:56 PM
lol! Forgot about her. Thats so annoying that shes ranked so low. Part of me wants her to hurry up and sort herself out, but then shes dangerous again!q

Andrew..
Jan 29th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Rankings for seedings mean nothing now.

Ty-Ty
Jan 29th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Yes, she'd love to play Serena in the 2r.

Even if Lindsay was 4, it wouldn't make much of a difference when Serena's ranked close to 40's, no?

alibaby
Feb 1st, 2006, 10:21 AM
get well soon,linny-baby!! :kiss: :hearts: i hope to see you soon,somewhere.. :kiss: :kiss:

Frederic
Feb 4th, 2006, 11:35 AM
By the way, Martina is in the final... I can't wait to see Lindsay meeting Martina!!!!

RayRob
Feb 4th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Lindsay has Tokyo F and Dubai W, both of which she's probably bailing on.

After our prompt SF loss to Christine, Mauresmo will be like 1000 points up on us.

Didn't Justine beat Lindsay in the Quarter Finals? :confused: Which makes it worse, but I really aren't bothered much about it. :shrug:

Andrew..
Feb 4th, 2006, 01:18 PM
I'm predicting Indian Wells. :p

chewy
Feb 5th, 2006, 04:22 PM
By the way, Martina is in the final... I can't wait to see Lindsay meeting Martina!!!!
i would really like to see this match up too.
looks forward, hopefully a finals match :drool:

Frederic
Feb 6th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Well, do you think Amelie can beat a real threat for Lindsay now or not?? I've watched her play the aussie open final and she was really impressive. Mentally very strong and physically perfect... Has she still got a mental issue against Lindsay?? And what about Martina?? Do you think she can be a big threat for Lindsay?? Andrew, Rache and all the others here, can you tell me about that?

Andrew..
Feb 6th, 2006, 06:11 PM
No.

lindsayno1
Feb 6th, 2006, 10:11 PM
I dont see Amelie getting a win over Lindsay any time soon. Amelie hits the ball in such a way that sits up too well for lindsay to smack a winner off

Andrew..
Feb 6th, 2006, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't go that far. She almost (should have) beaten her at Wimbledon.

GrandSlam05
Feb 7th, 2006, 12:41 AM
I'd say on grass Momo's got a chance, but Lindsay's owns her ass on hardcourts. Alot of it depends on which Momo shows, the agressive one or the "I think I'll be defensive today" Momo. The latter doesn't stand a chance.

mike/topgun
Feb 7th, 2006, 12:10 PM
I've never seen them both playing well against eachother at the same time...It looks like Lindsay has the advantage when she's playing well=normaly, but when she's playing crap then, Momo has certainly got a chance - like in Wimbledon last year.
I agree that all depens on Linzis serve and which Momo shows up. Same time I've watched their final in Sydney 2000 and Lindsay was overpowerd by her.
Still I'm pretty sure Lindsay has the ability to push her and gain some UFE especially from her FH side - the topspin doesn't really work to beat Davenport anymore (excepts are/were: Martinez or Sanchez Vicario).
So a slight edge, at this point, goes to Lindsay :p

joaco
Feb 7th, 2006, 06:33 PM
I would so love to see the Martina - Lindsay match again! Imagine if they'd play doubles... :drool:

Anyway, when is Lindsay coming back?

Andrew..
Feb 7th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Who knows.

LethalLindsay
Feb 8th, 2006, 01:59 AM
On grass, Amelie was ALWAYS dangerous, it was the mental tuffness that faltered.............now with the first Grand Slam under the belt..........who knows???

Amelie had REAL chances the last three years she played Wimby!

Frederic
Feb 8th, 2006, 07:48 PM
No.
Thanks a lot!!!! :lol: :haha: