PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news about Lindsay's injury

Lindsayfan32
Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:26 AM
Was just watching the oz open news and the showed Lindsay press conference. Lindsay said she going ot have a scan tommorow and if its structural it might be the end of the road but this was implied not said outright. She implied that if it went to a 3rd set she won't have be able to continue.

So this means one thing let all pray that there is no structral damage as I want Lindsay to beaten by a opponet playing well not an injury.

sweet_angel23
Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:43 AM
yeh saw that too..

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:19 AM
Why does this happen to Lindsay EVERYTIME she's playing well?? I really hope she's okay, I want her to take this title :fiery:

Solitaire
Jan 22nd, 2006, 06:33 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the agony that has become the AO. Linds is the last American and that's in doubt now. :sad: At least Nik and Momo are still in it but they're playing against eachother so it just gets better. :sad:

mike/topgun
Jan 22nd, 2006, 09:50 AM
It really looked serious...the tape on her ankle was very tight. Even if they could treat it she probably won't be 100% fit against JHH. It's sad - Lindsay was playig almost flawless, some of her best tennis throughout first set and till 3-0 in 2nd... Then again I knew from the beginning when she lost her rythym and was rushing the injury felt worse.She's so unlucky - she was playing great:(

Frederic
Jan 22nd, 2006, 10:12 AM
What a shame!!!! When she plays well, she's got injuries!!!! That's bad luck!!!!

Frederic
Jan 22nd, 2006, 10:42 AM
Well, it looked like a tendon problem...Achilles tendon... But I'm not sure... :confused: :sad: :( :unsure:

sweet_angel23
Jan 22nd, 2006, 11:08 AM
whoa..that looks bad..
hope it gets better..

Andrew..
Jan 22nd, 2006, 01:01 PM
Was just watching the oz open news and the showed Lindsay press conference. Lindsay said she going ot have a scan tommorow and if its structural it might be the end of the road but this was implied not said outright. She implied that if it went to a 3rd set she won't have be able to continue.
Well, that's what she said in San Diego in 2004 after she beat Dementieva. She was talking about her knee at that point. The next day she won the tournament, losing two games in the process.

RayRob
Jan 22nd, 2006, 01:06 PM
I hope it'll be ok. perhaps if it's not structual, the right treatment and perhaps reduced practice sessions should help.

Not much more to say on the matter really....:shrug:

-Rache

Kelly
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:37 PM
would an ankle support like what roddick wears be of any use? i know when i have problems with my wrist and i have to strap it up...the tighter the strapping the more support i get and it doesnt hurt as much when i cant move it...but an ankle...well u kinda need some movement in there

Andrew..
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:46 PM
Take some heavy drugs to make her high as a kite.

Elldee
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:50 PM
I will be GUTTED if Lindsay has hurt the bone... a longterm lay off would be horrible at this point. I hope she gets drugged up, strapped up, plays her ass off and wins.

mike/topgun
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:11 PM
I doubt it's structural, but those kind of injuries happen very often to volleyball players.
It's sprained ankle - some drugs and she'll be able to play hopefully...but I'm worried if she handles it and JHH. Remember she was playing for about 4 months in 2003 with a foot(toe) injury and we all know how she then performed :(
Wait and see - maybe Clijsters will give Lindsay helpful hand?:p

joaco
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:34 PM
thanks for the news... could you please update us when you know anything else?? Thanks

Nikki
Jan 22nd, 2006, 07:36 PM
Judging by the picture the taping and strapping is for the lateral side of the ankle which if its structural it will most likely be a ligament problem. However if it is just a strain then massage and painkillers will work. If its more then it could be a torn ligament which could mean more then 1 ligament being damaged and abut 4 weeks rehab.

Hopefully the scan will just show an ankle strain. Taping and strapping will always make an injury look worse then it is and by experience it will affect movement as that is what it is meant to do.

Andrew..
Jan 22nd, 2006, 07:37 PM
This is starting to sound way too much like Tina's injury back in 2001-2002.

Nikki
Jan 22nd, 2006, 07:40 PM
The problem with the ankle is that three ligaments overlap causing a bigger problem. But as I said hopefully it was a strain and nothing serious.

lindsayno1
Jan 22nd, 2006, 07:43 PM
will they announce lindsays scan results pretty early do we think?

Nikki
Jan 22nd, 2006, 07:47 PM
I would imagine so. You will know if she pulls out its serious, if she stays in it won't do anymore damage. I would reckon she may even know the results by now depending on when she had the scan.

lindsayno1
Jan 22nd, 2006, 07:56 PM
yeh she would know by now i expect.

Lindsayfan32
Jan 23rd, 2006, 07:23 AM
Take some heavy drugs to make her high as a kite.

That's a good idea as long as they're legal.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 23rd, 2006, 07:25 AM
That's a good idea as long as they're legal.

She can take anything she wants as long as she gets clearance from a doctor :devil:

Lindsayfan32
Jan 23rd, 2006, 07:26 AM
There has been no further news on Lindsay injury so no news has to be good news trying to find out when Lindsay play tommorow she's due for a night match and that would be a good thing as its not as hot and the court will be less sticky.

Lindsayfan32
Jan 23rd, 2006, 07:30 AM
thanks for the news... could you please update us when you know anything else?? Thanks

No problem Joaco I would've start the thread if i wasn't going to update it and I don't mind doing for fellow fans as you all have kept me informed on Lindsay's going ons during last year so now I willing to return the favour. Can't say happy as I'm not happy Lindsay's injured.

lindsayno1
Jan 23rd, 2006, 08:43 AM
Aah still no news :(

Lindsayfan32
Jan 23rd, 2006, 09:25 AM
Yep no news is good news and Lindsay is down for the tommorow's night match and you wouldn't think they do it unless she indends on playing I hope she plays I've waited a long time to see the night owl play at night.

lindsayno1
Jan 23rd, 2006, 09:51 AM
lindsay doesnt like night matches

Lindsayfan32
Jan 23rd, 2006, 09:57 AM
Lindsay will play after scans relealed no tears or breaks in her left ankle and this come from a newspaper article I found on google that was searched 4 hours ag

lindsayno1
Jan 23rd, 2006, 10:14 AM
awesome

lindsayno1
Jan 23rd, 2006, 10:17 AM
Davenport knows she's up against it

No.1 Lindsay Davenport will need to overcome much more than an untimely ankle injury to keep her Australian Open hopes alive with victory over Justine Henin-Hardenne in Tuesday's quarter-finals.

Davenport plans to push ahead in her quest to end a frustrating six-year major title drought after scans revealed no tears or breaks to her left ankle, which she aggravated in her fourth-round win over Svetlana Kuznetsova on Sunday.

But of equal concern to Davenport is Henin-Hardenne's recent dominance over the American and her Belgian nemesis' imposing record on Australia's Rebound Ace surfaces.

Henin-Hardenne has won her last four encounters with Davenport, including two meetings at Melbourne Park, and last tasted defeat in Australia against Serena Williams in the semi-finals of the 2003 Open.

The 23-year-old won the 2004 Australian Open before a knee injury prevented her from defending her title last year.

Throw in success at the 2004 and 2006 Sydney International and Henin-Hardenne is unbeaten in her past 19 matches down under.

"She's just a phenomenal player," Davenport acknowledged.

"I mean, from the difference from when I played here in the beginning of her career and how she's gotten better over the years is quite outstanding.

"There's no question, no matter what her ranking is, she's always a feared opponent. I'm going to have to play very well, hopefully a hundred per cent."

It is unlikely, though, Davenport, will be at 100 per cent.

The 29-year-old, who collected the last of her three grand slam trophies at the 2000 Australian Open, admitted after beating Kuznetsova that the best she could probably hope for was for the swelling in her ankle to subside before her quarter-final.

Davenport, who initially hurt the ankle in the third round against Maria Kirilenko, said she was unlikely to take a painkilling injection for fear of doing more damage.

Henin-Hardenne has dropped just 17 games en route to the quarter-finals to vindicate her pre-tournament favouritism for the championship.

"I'm very happy the way I played for the first week," the eighth seed said.

sweet_angel23
Jan 23rd, 2006, 10:25 AM
wow..thanks for the update guys!!
just hope Lindz will be at her best and stay positive..

Andrew..
Jan 23rd, 2006, 12:34 PM
That's good news for the long term, but I don't think it means anything right now. Lindsay stops playing well when she had any injury. She just mopes around and focuses on the pain, not on the match.

lindsayno1
Jan 23rd, 2006, 12:53 PM
That's good news for the long term, but I don't think it means anything right now. Lindsay stops playing well when she had any injury. She just mopes around and focuses on the pain, not on the match.

i thought that too, but she stayed focused against sveta, even thou her serve died

foreva lindsay
Jan 23rd, 2006, 03:35 PM
Lindsay will play after scans relealed no tears or breaks in her left ankle and this come from a newspaper article I found on google that was searched 4 hours ag

excuse me but thank fuck for that :lol: *phew* that piccie of her leg was awful! :sad:

Lindsayfan32
Jan 23rd, 2006, 07:01 PM
Andrew I totally agree with you Lindsay had a great chance when there were no injury concerns. Now there is Justine chances have improved but at least it will get decided on the court not by the injury and it looksgood for the long term too. The new and improved Lindsay could go and prove us all wrong too.

joaco
Jan 23rd, 2006, 09:06 PM
Ok... this is great news. Now... let's hope Lindsay can play her game and not worry about her injury. If she does so, I have a lot of confidence in her. Remember guys, this is not a Slam Final ;)

*timtams*
Feb 2nd, 2006, 06:14 PM
Hiya, im back. Had a last minute flight to sydney so off i went, drove to melbourne, watched lots and lots and lots of tennis and sunbathed in heat, lovely stuff.
Saw lindsay practising a few times, it was only when jon flew over that she lost!
Wtf was with that manky spearmint polo outfit..Not impressed with that color, nike should be repremanded for that.

Saw some wkd matched, loved the Hingis vs stosur match (4th rd)...
Does anyone have this and others on vhs or dvd...Please list any! Oz Open is fab, i love the heat the people, the place and the fact that there is no F*cking q'ing unlike annoying P*ssing wimbledon.

I saw lindsay at autograph island, the q for her was huge, but being stupid, i joined what i honestly did think was the end of the q. The stewards ushered evry1 into this little space and said dont be too pissed off if evry1 didnt get there shit signed etc etc, as it turns out i was at the front of the q, didnt i do well! she had some tape round her knee.. i saw her practice again and she had some more random tape on her thigh :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Cheers to kelly for my score updates, much appreciated

lindsayno1
Feb 2nd, 2006, 06:18 PM
did u get a photo with her?

RayRob
Feb 2nd, 2006, 11:26 PM
Does anyone have this and others on vhs or dvd...Please list any!

Glad you had a great time - how lucky are you!? Just desiding to jet set off!

I have all of Martina's matches (singles) that I can put on DVD (DVD-r if your dvd player/PC plays that) for you if you like....so I think I have the complete stosur match.....one of the matches is incomplete but I don't think it was the one against Stosur.

I did record some of Lindsay's matches but I erased them because one or two of them were quite bad...or Eurosport didn't show it or they showed a bit of it then went to dementieva - something like that....so that was annoying.

I am currently downloading a couple of matches onto my PC (mixed doubles match included), but have no way of getting them on DVD - might have a word with a friend of mine about that - see if he can do it, or at least guide me in the right direction! :angel:

:wavey:
-Rache

RJWCapriati
Feb 3rd, 2006, 12:53 AM
Hiya, im back. Had a last minute flight to sydney so off i went, drove to melbourne, watched lots and lots and lots of tennis and sunbathed in heat, lovely stuff.
Saw lindsay practising a few times, it was only when jon flew over that she lost!
Wtf was with that manky spearmint polo outfit..Not impressed with that color, nike should be repremanded for that.

Does anyone have this and others on vhs or dvd...Please list any! Oz Open is fab, i love the heat the people, the place and the fact that there is no F*cking q'ing unlike annoying P*ssing wimbledon.

I saw lindsay at autograph island, the q for her was huge, but being stupid, i joined what i honestly did think was the end of the q. The stewards ushered evry1 into this little space and said dont be too pissed off if evry1 didnt get there shit signed etc etc, as it turns out i was at the front of the q, didnt i do well! she had some tape round her knee.. i saw her practice again and she had some more random tape on her thigh :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Cheers to kelly for my score updates, much appreciated

awesome! :)