PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo! Prepare to see a lot of women on ESPN2 - Day 1!

alwayshingis
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Coverage starts when play begins, so we will probably start with Davenport vs. Dellacqua, but that will inevitably be a blowout so we will probably get a fair dose of Ginepri vs. Melzer as well. In a perfect world they would also check in on Dementieva and Hantuchova, but that may be hoping for too much.

As for the second match of the day, Venus is by far the biggest draw there, so we should see most of that match (I'm also looking forward to seeing Pironkova because I've never seen her play), and hopefully we'll check in with Dokic as well.

For the third match, since ESPN2 wants to get in Sharapova's pants, we will see most if not all of her match.

That will probably do it for their Day 1 coverage, but if things go quickly we could see some of Henin-Hardenne.

I wish we got coverage of the night session to see Li vs. Serena, but you can't have everything. Anyway, an encouragingly woman-filled day.

Simplicity
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:48 AM
Umm.. Where did yu get this from? Serena is the most important tennis player in the U.S, along with Venus. ESPn would be CRAZY not to show them....

crazyroberto6767
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:48 AM
No Li vs. Serena is disappointing, but besides that I'm excited. I can't wait to see Linds, Vee, Pironkova (although I want her to lose :p; even though I do like her a lot), and some clips of other matches (especially Dokic). It will also be interesting to see Maria and see where she's at. Should be a good first day of coverage, as long as ESPN2 doesn't find a way to screw it up :).

Diesel
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:49 AM
I just want this to start already. Excited is not even the word.

alwayshingis
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:53 AM
Umm.. Where did yu get this from? Serena is the most important tennis player in the U.S, along with Venus. ESPn would be CRAZY not to show them....

I got this from the fact that they aren't covering the night session.

Passing up Serena and Roddick...

jfk
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:53 AM
Oh, I'm sure they'll show Nalbandian and Gaudio. :lol: :lol: The men's field is just pathetic this year. If they show these men's matches, the male bias will obviously be in effect.

James Blake is the third match on show court 3 though, so expect to see him. Ginepri too.

Serena and Roddick will be shown....just because they aren't showing the night session live doesn't mean it won't air.

Brooks.
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:54 AM

i'm assuming they'll show serena and roddick taped on monday during their day coverage...taped is better than nothing i guess

alwayshingis
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:55 AM
James Blake is the third match on show court 3 though, so expect to see him.

I didn't even notice that. Yeah, we'll see a lot if him too...more if Sharapova's match is a blowout.

Simplicity
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:57 AM
Oh my God! I have to watch Serena LIVE!!! Ugh!!! Stupid WTA!!! :sad:

alwayshingis
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:58 AM
i'm assuming they'll show serena and roddick taped on monday during their day coverage...taped is better than nothing i guess

I wish they would just add some more coverage so we could see Serena live. They're showing POKER instead. :mad: :mad: :mad:

alwayshingis
Jan 14th, 2006, 05:01 AM
Ugh, they have coverage on Monday from 2-6:30 ET, while Day 2 play begins at 7 ET. That's when they'll show Serena and Roddick.

P.S. -- If we don't see Martina against Zvonareva...I'm going to shit a brick. Just letting you know.

Rome
Jan 14th, 2006, 07:46 AM
They have time to show serena at the end. So just do the math and you will know that you will see her on tv.

alwayshingis
Jan 14th, 2006, 07:53 AM
They have time to show serena at the end. So just do the math and you will know that you will see her on tv.

No. Coverage ends at midnight ET, and her match isn't scheduled until 3:30am ET. They can't show it in this window. Just do the math...

Rome
Jan 14th, 2006, 07:57 AM

Well it is now 7:47pm melbourne 3:51am in New york espn2 will air tennis until 6:30am new york time and serena plays at 7:30pm melbourne time so you most likely see serena live.

alwayshingis
Jan 14th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Well it is now 7:47pm melbourne 3:51am in New york espn2 will air tennis until 6:30am new york time and serena plays at 7:30pm melbourne time so you most likely see serena live.

Again, you must be looking at the wrong schedule. It ends at 12am, not 6:30am.

Rome
Jan 14th, 2006, 08:02 AM
No. Coverage ends at midnight ET, and her match isn't scheduled until 3:30am ET. They can't show it in this window. Just do the math...
you are so wright sorry

Knizzle
Jan 14th, 2006, 08:07 AM

They'll show it in the early afternoon on Monday. So they'll cover it just not live cause it'll be like 2:30 - 3am when it starts and ppl won't be watching then.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 14th, 2006, 09:59 AM
you guys getting carried away, not that i get ESPN here

wouldnt be suprised if they showed you this
they'll probably start with Bagel Boy (Ginepri)
then Venus
then The Goon (Dent) or Blake

Meesh
Jan 14th, 2006, 10:41 AM
you guys getting carried away, not that i get ESPN here :eek: you poor thing you get ESPN now...

I'm not going to speculate *Andy* on what we might *Andy* see cuz you never *Andy* know we might see more womens *Andy* matches. :tape:

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 14th, 2006, 12:42 PM
:eek: you poor thing you get ESPN now...

I'm not going to speculate *Andy* on what we might *Andy* see cuz you never *Andy* know we might see more womens *Andy* matches. :tape:

no Meesh :wavey:
read again :kiss:

very glad we dont in europe :devil:

Stamp Paid
Jan 14th, 2006, 12:46 PM
They'll show it in the early afternoon on Monday. So they'll cover it just not live cause it'll be like 2:30 - 3am when it starts and ppl won't be watching then.

Yes we would. :rain:

bis2806
Jan 14th, 2006, 12:56 PM
What time (EST) and on what day will ESPN show Lindsay vs. Dellacqua?

Wsisters45
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:36 PM
What time (EST) and on what day will ESPN show Lindsay vs. Dellacqua?

I'm sure Sunday at 7:00 (EST) on ESPN 2. She's first up and she's the only star playing and ESPN loves Lindsay show you'll definately see her ;) :)

croat123
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:41 PM

then Venus
that's exactly what i was thinking :(

blake and ginepri have to lose early :(

No Name Face
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:38 PM
hopefully they will show dementieva too, but they usually don't, unless she's losing

JustineTime
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:42 PM
I wish they would just add some more coverage so we could see Serena live. They're showing POKER instead. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry, it's just not in the cards. :shrug: :p

JustineTime
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:46 PM
:eek: you poor thing you get ESPN now...

:rolls:

Too true!

:secret: But I like Andy, so I'll get over it. :secret:

But I'd better get a healthy dose of Justine or there'll be :fiery: HELL :fiery: to pay! :mad:

harloo
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:55 PM
I think you are just setting yourself up for dissapointment. ESPN has been consistent with their main coverage being men's tennis, so I would get everyone's hopes up. LOL

alwayshingis
Jan 14th, 2006, 05:20 PM

then Venus

No no no. Not going to happen. They always start on Laver, and they love Lindsay because Mary Joe is friends with her. So their primary first match will be Lindsay, with Ginepri mixed in. Then we will see Venus. Then they'll probably start with Sharapova because the matches on Blake's court will probably go longer, and then once she is wiping the floor with Kloesel they will switch over. Stop being a Negative Nancy.

UDACHi
Jan 14th, 2006, 05:27 PM
hopefully they will show dementieva too, but they usually don't, unless she's losing

Well then, we better hope ESPN2 doesn't show her. ;)

Last year when she was playing Schnyder, they'd show like 2 points then leave. And I think the match they were switching to was Davenport vs. Sprem. :mad: