PDA

View Full Version : 8 year old girl makes tennis history

netgain
Jan 14th, 2006, 01:15 AM
Check out this article.

8 Year Old Makes Tennis History

On 1/ 13/ 05, Alexus “ACE” Jones, will make history as the youngest ever to host an ATP tennis event. I should say co-host. It was an early fall day in September. Up at dawn, little Alexus “ACE” Jones arose as she has every morning for the past 4 years to begin her first 2 hours of school work before starting tennis practice. Because of Alexus’ training and tournament schedule she is home schooled. With the individual attention of home schooling, not only has she tested genius on her last IQ test but she speaks Russian, Chinese, Japanese and Spanish. But Alexus’s heart and talent is in tennis. She has been a very busy little girl. Not only has she already trained with and has been coached by some of the worlds greatest tennis coaches. Nick Bollettieri , Richard Williams, Vic Braden, Rick Macci, Andrei Kozlov, Lex Carrington, Steve Smith and Luke Wickham. She has the number one website in it’s category on AOL, MSN, YAHOO and Google where she receives thousands of pieces of fan email daily. And now at just 8 years old she has won and is competing in the USTA Florida G14’s age group which is more the 2200 strong. In just 2 tournaments she rocketed ahead of 1500 girls to the ranking of 550 in the state. At just 8 years old. This is why she is being called “The next Williams Sista “ By Dave Reinberg ad Dave Rempel the hitting Coaches for Venus and Serena Williams for 7 years. (He who also wrote the book entitled the same.)
Quite a bright looking future ahead I think. Since this was not done by any of the current top WTA players i.e.. The Williams Sisters, Maria Sharapova Lindsey Davenport etc. Now you would think this would be enough for this 8 year old Tennis Samurai right? Well you would be wrong.

This little girl is now becoming the youngest ever to host an
ATP Professional tennis event. How is that possible you ask?
Because this kid doesn’t know the meaning of “can’t”. Her father D.D. Jones says in September she was asking why so many ITF Junior events in the USA were named after Chanda Rubin, one of her tennis heros. He explains that she was very intelligent, hard working, and as a result, she has been able to host her own Junior Tennis Tournaments. She made up her mind then that she also wanted to host her own tournament. Mr. Jones told her to keep working hard and having the outstanding results you already enjoy and some day you can do the same as Chanda Rubin. Her next response was “But why do I have to wait?” Her father explained, “Because that is something that children can’t do.” Well there’s that word can’t. Alexus has been brought up without that word in her vocabulary. Alexus took that statement as a challenge and went about finding out how it all works. Alexus contacted her first Coach Luke Wickhum, who is the Director of Tennis at the World-renowned Vic Braden’s Tennis College at Star Island resort in Kissimmee, Florida (4 miles from the main gate at Disney World Orlando)
www.vicbradenstenniscollege.com
Because not only has Luke been the trusted advisor to Team Jones from the beginning but also she knew that he hosted an ATP event every year at Star Island, The Star Island Tennis Classic. Now when she was speaking to her mentor he explained some of the difficulties he had experienced. One being that his tournament had become so large, that he was short on courts. Alexus mentioned that her Dad now runs a five star Tennis resort in Orlando at a resort called Vistana and that the courts are available. A match made in heaven. Now they are proud to announce that The Star Island Tennis Classic. Will be Co-hosted by Luke Wickham and 8 year old Alexus “ACE’ Jones.
The Future Of Tennis Looks Bright!
For information:
www.alexusjones.com

By David CAsh
Tennis Weekly

GoDominique
Jan 14th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Hi Papa Jones :wavey:

Pheobo
Jan 14th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Crash and burn. 8 Year olds shouldn't be homeschooled, they're missing the time in most kid's lives where they learn to socialize.

As far as we know she might not even like tennis :lol:

Hurley
Jan 14th, 2006, 01:20 AM
On 1/ 13/ 05, Alexus “ACE” Jones, will make history as the youngest ever to host an ATP tennis event.

So...a year ago? :confused:

kabuki
Jan 14th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Poor poor Alexus.

auntie janie
Jan 14th, 2006, 01:21 AM

:lol: :kiss:

netgain
Jan 14th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Thanks for the compliment :cool:

Wiggly
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:00 AM
Thanks for the compliment :cool:

You're Alexus Dad? :confused: :eek: :worship:

Derek.
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:02 AM
She is more overhyped than Vaidisova, Sharapova, and Ivanovic combined. :tape: And that's saying something. :haha:

Principessa
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:03 AM
:o..

Zauber
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:09 AM
If she is a genius her mind should be interlectually stimulated.
two hours a day of physical activity would me more than enough for her.
Hitting a tennis ball for ever would certainly be a waste of time if she is a genius.
But the essentially important question to ask really is what does she really want?
If she is a genius I hope she has lots of variety in her life.
I also hope she has some friends her own age.
I hope this is not a hype job with some truth to it.
It might be a way of making money ala Barnem and Bailey with his freak show.
Sorry for being so skeptical but something just does not ring alltogether true hier.

netgain
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:31 AM
You're Alexus Dad? :confused: :eek: :worship:
Just Kidding :p

netgain
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:37 AM
If she is a genius her mind should be interlectually stimulated.
two hours a day of physical activity would me more than enough for her.
Hitting a tennis ball for ever would certainly be a waste of time if she is a genius.
But the essentially important question to ask really is what does she really want?
If she is a genius I hope she has lots of variety in her life.
I also hope she has some friends her own age.
I hope this is not a hype job with some truth to it.
It might be a way of making money ala Barnem and Bailey with his freak show.
Sorry for being so skeptical but something just does not ring alltogether true hier.
This is not new some people here have seen her. But I thought it was a cool article so I posted it. And I went to this website and saw the pictures of her checking in players.

dreamgoddess099
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:13 AM
This is not new some people here have seen her. But I thought it was a cool article so I posted it. And I went to this website and saw the pictures of her checking in players.
I just love how you make it seem like you're just a regular WTAworld poster who randomly found her website and wanted to share it with us. You do know that all of your previous posts are listed for the entire board to read and every single one is about Alexus? Give it up Pops. Admit you're trying get paid and little Alexus is your meal ticket.

Hachiko
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:15 AM
Freak.

netgain
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:30 AM
I just love how you make it seem like you're just a regular WTAworld poster who randomly found her website and wanted to share it with us. You do know that all of your previous posts are listed for the entire board to read and every single one is about Alexus? Give it up Pops. Admit you're trying get paid and little Alexus is your meal ticket.
Oh boy you are so intelligent. It is impossible that I am a fan of Alexus right. As I said earlier it is not an insult to me to call me POPs. What Ever. :drool: Hey I see you are a Williams sisters fan. Read some of the early haters press on them.

SelesFan70
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:32 AM
Why would Alexus "ACE" Jones be co-hosting an ATP event? :confused: Oh, wait, I think I get it...she's so good she's gonna have to play the men. :yeah:

Munchen
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:35 AM
:haha:

netgain
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:36 AM
Why would Alexus "ACE" Jones be co-hosting an ATP event? :confused: Oh, wait, I think I get it...she's so good she's gonna have to play the men. :yeah:
Now thats funny. :lol:

vogus
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:47 AM
why would somebody write such ridiculous exaggerations and outright lies about an 8 year old girl?

Somebody ought to call the office of child welfare to investigate.

netgain
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:09 AM
why would somebody write such ridiculous exaggerations and outright lies about an 8 year old girl?

Somebody ought to call the office of child welfare to investigate.
Okay that's your opinion noted. But the USTA does not exaggerate or lie about records. 8 years old and winning in the G14 age group that has not been done by any of the top WTA players.

maxomax
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:29 AM
Bla bla bla... Is it Monique Viele #2 ?

crazyroberto6767
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:39 AM
Okay that's your opinion noted. But the USTA does not exaggerate or lie about records. 8 years old and winning in the G14 age group that has not been done by any of the top WTA players.
Actually 8-9 year olds competing in 12U or 14U is not that uncommon. Winning tournaments is uncommon, but I don't think she is. I looked her up on the USTA website and there is no Alexus Jones ranked in Florida's G14, G12, or G10. I remember looking her up a few months back in G10 and she was in the low hundreds somewhere. She got her butt kicked in the few tournaments she played. I could be wrong, but she doesn't seem like anything special. Actually here's the link to her ranking in G10 a few months back. http://tournaments.usta.com/Tournaments/Rankings/PlayerRecords.aspx?id=170974&p=512 *not sure if the link will work*
Not sure if it's the same Alexus Jones, but if it is pretty average. She could use more competition against her own age.

Edit: again not sure if the link will work for you guys but this is her 550 ranking in 14U, pretty unimpressive. http://tournaments.usta.com/Tournaments/Rankings/PlayerRecords.aspx?id=170982&p=1712

Maryamator
Jan 14th, 2006, 06:22 AM
shouldnt be homeschooled. She's just a kid maybe later but not now.

^bibi^
Jan 14th, 2006, 06:28 AM
She'll get crazy by the age of 10 and start drug by the age of 11... poor child :sad:

netgain
Jan 14th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Actually 8-9 year olds competing in 12U or 14U is not that uncommon. Winning tournaments is uncommon, but I don't think she is. I looked her up on the USTA website and there is no Alexus Jones ranked in Florida's G14, G12, or G10. I remember looking her up a few months back in G10 and she was in the low hundreds somewhere. She got her butt kicked in the few tournaments she played. I could be wrong, but she doesn't seem like anything special. Actually here's the link to her ranking in G10 a few months back. http://tournaments.usta.com/Tournaments/Rankings/PlayerRecords.aspx?id=170974&p=512 *not sure if the link will work*
Not sure if it's the same Alexus Jones, but if it is pretty average. She could use more competition against her own age.

Edit: again not sure if the link will work for you guys but this is her 550 ranking in 14U, pretty unimpressive. http://tournaments.usta.com/Tournaments/Rankings/PlayerRecords.aspx?id=170982&p=1712

Good show me another 8 year old ranked 550 in the florida G14's in the last 10 years. I can't find it. For an 8 year old to even win a game that far up is awesome. But maybe I am wrong. Show me. If it's not uncommon you should have plenty. If you can not I will assume your just talking.

PS. also I looked at your link to the USTA G-10's in one Tournament where she crushed everybody and won she jumped to 140 in the state and moved right to th G14's in only 2 Tournaments in G14's 2 finals and moved to 550 I don't care what you say that aint bad at 8 In fact very rare.

auntie janie
Jan 14th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Good show me another 8 year old ranked 550 in the florida G14's in the last 10 years. I can't find it. For an 8 year old to even win a game that far up is awesome. But maybe I am wrong. Show me. If it's not uncommon you should have plenty. If you can not I will assume your just talking.

Why is it so important to you that everyone bow down to this poor kid? What's it to you if we feel sorry for her instead of impressed? She has no chance to enjoy the normal life of a little girl, and a lot of us are concerned about that. It's fine if you are thrilled about her, but don't expect everyone else to start swooning along with you. We've seen too many kids go off the rails to get excited about the latest 8-year-old alleged phenom. How's former kid phenom Katya Afinogenova doing these days, by the way?
:wavey:

netgain
Jan 14th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Why is it so important to you that everyone bow down to this poor kid? What's it to you if we feel sorry for her instead of impressed? She has no chance to enjoy the normal life of a little girl, and a lot of us are concerned about that. It's fine if you are thrilled about her, but don't expect everyone else to start swooning along with you. We've seen too many kids go off the rails to get excited about the latest 8-year-old alleged phenom. How's former kid phenom Katya Afinogenova doing these days, by the way?
:wavey:
Oh sorry I thought we were all tennis fans here. And interested not only in tennis today but tennis for the future. Of course not all will make it. So should we not look to the future because some will fail? The ones playing on the top of tennis today had to also start one day some where right? Katia was a professional player. Thats pretty good. How about the people making these crazy comments here about an 8 year old. Trying I bet none of them have ever been Professional Tennis players. But they talk s.... about Katia, Monique etc. :fiery:

controlfreak
Jan 14th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Wow, sounds like she'll have a lot of enemies by the time she's 12.

kabuki
Jan 14th, 2006, 12:56 PM
I hope Alexus reaches adulthood happy and healthy. There have been so many cautionary tales about girls and young women in tennis who were pushed too hard too early by their parents. For every Venus and Serena, there are thousands of kids out there who don't make it, or do make it out crash out spectacularly. Alexus' story disturbs me every time, because there is just such a transparent attempt to get publicity, and ultimately money, going on. Personally, I hate to see a child being used in this manner. Why does Alexus need a fabricated nickname (ACE) already? Why can't she just go to school like other kids and experience childhood with other children? Why force her undeveloped body to compete with girls 6 years older and risk future injury problems? Why not just let the press come natually/organically to her, rather than crassly seeking it out repetitively?

Good luck to Alexus. May she not be just another cautionary tale in the annals of women's tennis.

netgain
Jan 14th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Wow, sounds like she'll have a lot of enemies by the time she's 12.
You right but Venus and Serena had and have alot of ememies. When they first started out all you heard was they would not talk to the other players, They had white beads in their hair. Blah Blah Blah. When you blaze a trail some people will not like you. If everyone likes you. I bet you are not very successful .

dreamgoddess099
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Oh boy you are so intelligent. It is impossible that I am a fan of Alexus right. Please, the way you're so desperately trying to get pub for this girl tells that you have something to gain from her success. You're either one of her parents or her agent, or both.
"As I said earlier it is not an insult to me to call me POPs. What Ever. :drool:Of course not. It's not an insult to me to be called Dreamgoddess.
Hey I see you are a Williams sisters fan. Read some of the early haters press on them.
I would, but for some reason I'm having trouble finding a link to the webpage made about them when they were 8 years old. :rolleyes:

auntie janie
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:28 PM
You right but Venus and Serena had and have alot of ememies. When they first started out all you heard was they would not talk to the other players, They had white beads in their hair. Blah Blah Blah. When you blaze a trail some people will not like you. If everyone likes you. I bet you are not very successful .

Who said anyone dislikes Alexus??? What people dislike is the way this little child is being USED. By adults. None of this has anything to do with Venus or Serena, despite your continuous and strenuous efforts to draw imaginary parallels between these champions and this child. :rolleyes:

dansnewbeg
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:52 PM
The family would do themselves and Alexus a lot of favors if they stop with the overpraising. The genius IQ, the learning of a gajillion langauges (please, she probably knows a few phrases of each), the ATP hosting (she was able to do it *because* of her age, not despite it). I prefer athletes who show me their multi-talents rather than talking about them.

Darop.
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:58 PM
She'll never make it to the top.

Just a gut feeling.

Grachka
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:08 PM
This thread is troubling on many levels.

First of all, I hope netgain is the father/a relative of this child, otherwise he has an unnatural interest in her progress. 8 year olds never have an extensive fanbase, so something must have triggered your interest.

Second of all, this child sounds a bit like a loser. Organising tournaments at the age of 8? Shouldn't she be playing with barbies/talking about how disgusting boys are/developing a drug habit like normal children?

Sigh. That's what home schooling does to you.

gentenaire
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:29 PM
This is just too disturbing. Poor kid.

propi
Jan 14th, 2006, 04:54 PM
These parents who deeply want to live through their children and leave their childhood traumas behind should have removed their custody :rolleyes:

Crazy Canuck
Jan 14th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Do you suppose the nick "netgain" was supposed to be funny? :p

Pengwin
Jan 14th, 2006, 05:41 PM
:eek: ...only has she tested genius on her last IQ test but she speaks Russian, Chinese, Japanese and Spanish. But Alexus’s heart and talent is in tennis. She has... :eek: :speakles: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Pinky
Jan 15th, 2006, 01:03 AM
Poor girl, i hope she will have a happy future...

Btw, the metadata of her website contain: naked sports, sports bra, nude sports... erm, right! :)