PDA

View Full Version : Franny's new ranking high - #12 after Sydney final!!!

Lemonskin.
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Great stuff Franny!!! :D

only 13 points off #11, but almost 500 points off # 10 :eek:

Drake1980
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Congrats Francesca, you deserve this!

Jen&RobbyFan
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:17 PM
congrats :woohoo:

Elisse
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:37 PM
:worship: :bounce: Francesca :bounce: :worship:

jonny84
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Well done Francessca. You have worked hard since Bali making almost every final of the every tournament you have played in. Hope you can break your duck and make the Top10 with some titles!

hablo
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:28 PM
way to go, Francesca ! :eek::woohoo:

Farina Elia Fan
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:41 PM
I hope she doesnt go above Silvia's ranking :sad:

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 14th, 2006, 12:32 AM
I hope she doesnt go above Silvia's ranking :sad:
I honestly liked Silvia but Francesca deserved to named the best Italian player ever despite not have won a title!

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jan 14th, 2006, 12:32 AM
I really hope that Franny starts getting some recognition with a couple of matches on Vodafone, maybe even RLA if we're lucky. She's got all the aspects to become a HUGE fan favorite. A fun game to watch, the ability to come up with some incredible shots and gets, an infectious personality, and a clear love for the game when she plays.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 14th, 2006, 12:38 AM
CONGRATS FRANNY!! I can see the TOP 10 in 2006 for FRANNY!! ;) :bounce:

fammmmedspin
Jan 14th, 2006, 01:12 AM
And the next player in front of her defends a AO QF compared to Fran's 3R and the 3 people behind her all defend more points - Serena and Nathalie an awful lot of points. Hopefully Fran isn't too tired and thinks about how close she was yesterday in a positive way.

Top 10 is a big jump though 500 points away. II is a good stepping off place though particularly if your points are now bunched at the end of the year.

-Sonic-
Jan 14th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Francesca's got a _respectable_ chance at the top 10....

500 points is not necessarily 500 points. Not only can she gain points, but the people in front of her can lose points. I don't know what people in front of her have to defend, but theres a chance.

Until Roland Garros 06, Franny has to defend:

3rd Round Aussie.
2 Qf's
1 Second Match Loss
3 1st match losses.

If she doesn't do better than that this time I'll be amazed. She'll have better seedings etc, maybe a Bye or two more....

I am thinking it probably won't happen, but the possibility is most definately there and is staring her in the face. Few more Semi's, Consistent QF's, who knows.

GABRIEL
Jan 14th, 2006, 01:33 AM
Francesca has nr 11 almost guaranteed after AO....so she will match Silvia's best ranking, and she is still very young, so on the long run I think she will do better than Silvia. Fran hasn't got a lot of points to defend these first months of the year, so a top 10 is really possible, it would be such a great achievement :worship: . And I hope her first title will come soon, that title will give her the confidence she needs. I am convinced that after the first title there would be other titles soon.

Corswandt
Jan 14th, 2006, 01:36 AM
Franny's new ranking high - #12 after Sydney final!!!

I'm sure she's delighted.

What's yet another frustrating loss at a final when you climb a staggering 3-places-3 in the rankings?

Lapin
Jan 14th, 2006, 01:44 AM
I really hope that Franny starts getting some recognition with a couple of matches on Vodafone, maybe even RLA if we're lucky. She's got all the aspects to become a HUGE fan favorite. A fun game to watch, the ability to come up with some incredible shots and gets, an infectious personality, and a clear love for the game when she plays.

Go Franny!! :yeah: I really hope she can make the Top 10, (and also that we get to see more of her matches, she's such a great entertainer on court! :D )

WonderfulLee
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:33 AM
wow..so close to top 10!

congrats Francesca!

fammmmedspin
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:44 AM
Francesca's got a _respectable_ chance at the top 10....

500 points is not necessarily 500 points. Not only can she gain points, but the people in front of her can lose points. I don't know what people in front of her have to defend, but theres a chance.

Until Roland Garros 06, Franny has to defend:

3rd Round Aussie.
2 Qf's
1 Second Match Loss
3 1st match losses.

If she doesn't do better than that this time I'll be amazed. She'll have better seedings etc, maybe a Bye or two more....

I am thinking it probably won't happen, but the possibility is most definately there and is staring her in the face. Few more Semi's, Consistent QF's, who knows.

The seeding should help - all those meetings with top 5 players in the second round should be a thing of the past. Add to which she shouldn't by the laws of averages draw players like Kim or Lindsay as often as she has. Let her have a go at Nadia, Patty, Momo or Mary or one of the youngsters and she has more chance of going deep in tournaments. The people behind her like Safina, vladislova, Ivanovic may help too as they strip draws for her - as long as she stays healthy and can still beat them too.

madame_maria
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:46 AM
Franny sounds like Tranny.

haha jkjkjk.

anyway good job Francesca =)

azmad_88
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:48 AM
vs Davenport 0-4
vs Clijsters 0-8
vs Pierce 0-1
vs Schnyder 2-2
vs Mauresmo 1-2
vs Serena 1-3
vs Venus 0-2
vs Henin 0-2
vs Dementieva 2-3

she still hasnt had wins over davenport ,kim,henin...
but she did beat serena and mauresmo

njnetswill
Jan 14th, 2006, 02:48 AM
Schiavone has the dubious honor of best active player with no title. That means she will break top ten for sure. (Kournikova, Petrova) :p

SAEKeithSerena
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:03 AM
congrats, very much deserved!