PDA

View Full Version : Pam answered my question on ESPN chat!

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:17 PM
David (Montreal, Canada): Hey Pam, I just wanted to ask you what your thoughts are on the Jelena Dokic return to Australia. I think it was a good decision on her part and it should give her some hope for the future. Her draw is pretty soft, with a struggling Razzano in the first round and a potentially winnable second round as well. Make sure ESPN shows some of her match(es), her comeback is getting lost among all the other storylines! Keep up the great work on ESPN.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/sn2.gif Pam Shriver: (2:34 PM ET ) Well, I don't like when I see a player serve 28 double faults. Mentally, she is very fragile. Dokic will have a ton of pressure and press playing again in Australia -- that's a recipe for a poor result. I'm glad she is back, but I'd be very surprised if she does anything special at the Australian.

:cool:

Full chat transcript: http://*****.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=10436

Geisha
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Pam's a bitch.

I love it.

SelesFan70
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:45 PM
:D Wow, that's cool!

Helen Lawson
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:51 PM
It's official, Jelena gets into round 2!

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:52 PM
It's official, Jelena gets into round 2!
:haha:

auntie janie
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:53 PM
"Well, I don't like when I see a player serve 28 double faults."

Poor Pam, she speaks from her own sad experience! :o

Unlike Pam, I might actually enjoy seeing a player serve 28 DFs, if it was an annoying player I couldn't stand, playing against a player I love. :devil:

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:54 PM
"Well, I don't like when I see a player serve 28 double faults."

Poor Pam, she speaks from her own sad experience! :o

Unlike Pam, I might actually enjoy seeing a player serve 28 DFs, if it was an annoying player I couldn't stand, playing against a player I love. :devil:
Bad girl :devil: :p

GoDominique
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:02 PM
I agree with Pam. I think Jelena will lose in the first round. She will probably self-destruct again.
And Virginie might be in a slump, but Jelena's game still suits her well. She dismantled Karolina Sprem (whose game is similar to Jelena's) pretty easily in Berlin, and she can do the same here.
On the other hand, her performance in Linz against Bammer was among the worst of 2005 so anything is possible.

Jeff
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Of course Pam didn't answer whether or not ESPN will show Jelena's match, which she has no control over, but I do hope they show it.

GO JELE :D :D

UDACHi
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Pam's a bitch.

I love it.

:haha:

Denise4925
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:16 PM
David (Montreal, Canada): Hey Pam, I just wanted to ask you what your thoughts are on the Jelena Dokic return to Australia. I think it was a good decision on her part and it should give her some hope for the future. Her draw is pretty soft, with a struggling Razzano in the first round and a potentially winnable second round as well. Make sure ESPN shows some of her match(es), her comeback is getting lost among all the other storylines! Keep up the great work on ESPN.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/sn2.gif Pam Shriver: (2:34 PM ET ) Well, I don't like when I see a player serve 28 double faults. Mentally, she is very fragile. Dokic will have a ton of pressure and press playing again in Australia -- that's a recipe for a poor result. I'm glad she is back, but I'd be very surprised if she does anything special at the Australian.

:cool:

Full chat transcript: http://*****.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=10436
:o :tape:

Denise4925
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Pam's a bitch.

I love it.
:lol:

Drake1980
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:27 PM
that was cool, I remember Amanda Coetzer and MJ Fernandez answering my questions on a chat at Indian Wells one year. I was so happy!

RayRob
Jan 14th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Great that yours was answered!

Back in the day when Eurosport used to have questions to the studio, my emails were regularly read out. After about the fourth read-out, the presenter guy said to Sam Smith, "Here's one from our regular...." then said my name. Sam Smith is the only person ever to have answered my questions....perhaps I was the only one who was bothering to email ;)

One day, the BBC might read out one of my emails :lol: because that's my ambition in life :haha: j/k!

-Rache

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jan 14th, 2006, 05:12 AM
The link doesn't work could you fix it :)