PDA

View Full Version : Should AO organizers give Serena a Kuznetsova treatment?

borisy
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:14 PM
At the U.S.Open Kuznetsova couldn't play in the centre court as the defending champion because "she was off form". According to this argument and in terms of consistency, should Serena play in the second court?

Simplicity
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:17 PM
That's just a lie. Thye didn't want her on Centre Court because not many Americans know of, nor do they really like Kuzzy. Unfortunately they treated her unfairly. There is no denying that Serena Williams is the most famous tennis player in the word, along side Venus Williams. Putting her on a court besides Centre Court would be an absolute ridiculous decision.

My answer is: NO!

Helen Lawson
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:19 PM
What they did to Svetlana was terrible, so I don't want a repeat. And Serena's a superstar of tennis, so you can be guaranteed that won't do it to her for that fact alone.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Serena sort of has to be on center court for safety/security reasons. Same reason Anna was on center courts when her ranking was in the 100s. Sticking Serena on the Grandstand or a big outer court would be complete fucking chaos. I remember they stuck a Capriati mixed doubles match with her brother on an outer court at the US Open one year. It was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever seen. People were literally standing on bleachers one and two courts over to watch the match.

Kart
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:41 PM
They shouldn't have done it to Sveta so I don't see why they should do it to Serena.

SelesFan70
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Serena is a much bigger star than Svetlana. Her first match will surely be on Center Court, but they'll have to throw her on Court 1 for at least one match, but nothing "less than" Court 1(or whatever they call it down under).

Renaissance
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:49 PM
.i

bailey
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Serena is a much bigger star than Serena.

funny typo ;)

But Serena would probably give you the "thumbs up" for this one.

SelesFan70
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:52 PM
funny typo ;)

But Serena would probably give you the "thumbs up" for this one.

:lol: I didn't even see that...I'm being distracted by work! :mad:

bailey
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:59 PM
:lol: I didn't even see that...I'm being distracted by work! :mad:

you should not have fixed it - that was fun! Besides: Serena would say she is yet to unleash her full potential; so - might be true, in a way... :cool: