PDA

View Full Version : Big Chance That No Aussies Will Win A Match at AO

pierce0415
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Every year at Wimbledon the British are faced with the ominous situation of no home player making it past the first round. With Alicia out and Sam playing not that good, the Aussies face the same fate this year. To make matters worse, most of their players have drawn top seeds. It will be a big embarassment when Pratt and Dellcqua get double bageled on Centre Court in night matches in front of national TV audience. Hopefully new ringer Jelena may be able to save face :scared:

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jan 13th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Every year at Wimbledon the British are faced with the ominous situation of no home player making it past the first round. With Alicia out and Sam playing not that good, the Aussies face the same fate this year. To make matters worse, most of their players have drawn top seeds. It will be a big embarassment when Pratt and Dellcqua get double bageled on Centre Court in night matches in front of national TV audience. Hopefully new ringer Jelena may be able to save face :scared:

This is also a different situation. A lot of the Australian players are playing top ranked players. The Brits lose to the likes of Emanuelle Gagliardi year after year.

henmanhill
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:30 PM
This is also a different situation. A lot of the Australian players are playing top ranked players. The Brits lose to the likes of Emanuelle Gagliardi year after year.

Sad, but true.

Elldee
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:32 PM
I imagine Hewitt'll win a couple of matches

Stosur played quite well at the Hopman Cup.

azza
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:41 PM

:lol: shes having a great 06.

MLF
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Stosur won all 3 singles matches she played at Hopman Cup and only lost in 3 sets to Vaidisova in Sydney. In that kind of form she'll have no problem taking out Severine Bremond. The others all have nasty draws.

Dexter
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:51 PM
:help:

I can't imagine Stosur losing to Bremond :o

Marcus1979
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:02 PM
I think Stosur can get to 64 or 32 IMO
I think she can win at least one match

:worship: Go Sam :worship:

Andy.
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:51 PM
I hope Sami does but i dont care about the others call me unpatriotic all you like

jonny84
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Samantha will take out Severine really easily.

Farina Elia Fan
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Every year at Wimbledon the British are faced with the ominous situation of no home player making it past the first round.

In 2004 four brits made the second round :p :p :p :p

Mattographer
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Are you kidding? Have you watched Stosur at Hopman Cup or Sydney against Vaidisova? :retard:

vogus
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:44 PM
It will be a big embarassment when Pratt and Dellcqua get double bageled on Centre Court in night matches in front of national TV audience.

you underestimate Dellacqua. And there's no way the Pratt thrashing will be a televised night match. Tennis Australia isn't THAT stupid.

anthonyqld
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:49 PM
It will be a big embarassment when Pratt and Dellcqua get double bageled on Centre Court in night matches in front of national TV audience.

What they've done recently, is to only show the mens match at night(In Australia anyway)

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Sam will win in str8... :)

switz
Jan 13th, 2006, 11:57 PM
yeah i don't know where you get Stosur losing to Bremond when she's beaten Krajicek (her only loss of the year in main rounds), Groenfeld, Dulko and lost a tough match to an in form Vaidisova.

I don't like Pratt but i doubt she'll get doubled bagelled. I haven't seen much of Casey but her results indicate she a pretty solid player.

Ferguson pushed Petrova last year and Nadia is supposedly injured as well.