PDA

View Full Version : Australian Open: Resurrection

_LuCaS_
Jan 13th, 2006, 06:02 PM
After a tough 2005 we all expect much from Nastya in 2006. Hopefully all the problems are left behind and she can focus on tennis once more.

Nastya's first tourney in 2006 is also the first GS of the year.

Patty Schnyder SUI (7)
Eleni Daniilidou GRE
Shahar Peer ISR
Shinobu Asagoe JPN

Alize Cornet FRA
Aiko Nakamura JPN
Maret Ani EST
Gisela Dulko ARG (31)

Dinara Safina RUS (19)
Tathiana Garbin ITA
Maria Vento-Kabchi VEN
Sofia Arvidsson SWE

Jamea Jackson USA
Qualifier
Yuliana Fedak UKR
Anastasia Myskina RUS (12)

Nicole Vaidisova CZE (16)
Qualifier
Anna Chakvetadze RUS
Jie Zheng CHN

Martina Sucha SVK
Anna Smashnova ISR
Qualifier
Flavia Pennetta ITA (20)

Sania Mirza IND (32)
Qualifier
Michaella Krajicek NED
Kristina Brandi PUR

Emilie Loit FRA
Viktoriya Kutuzova UKR
Tiantian Sun CHN
Amelie Mauresmo FRA (3)

GOOD LUCK NASTYA !

selyoink
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Win the title Nastya! You can do it!

angiee3
Jan 14th, 2006, 01:08 AM
Go Nastya.... You can do it...
its a new year, a new start.....!

jazzfuzion
Jan 14th, 2006, 08:25 AM
yes go for it nastya!! Beat Dinara,Patty,whoever you need to baby!!

denine
Jan 14th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Resurrection. :lol: Come on, Nastya!!! :woohoo:

cindy
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:04 PM
I hope that you know that the name anastasia means resurection my dear lucas...
c'mon nastya...you can do it you just have to want it!!!

_LuCaS_
Jan 14th, 2006, 07:51 PM
I hope that you know that the name anastasia means resurection my dear lucas...

I see you put the pieces together my dear Cindy and figured the title of this thread :)

frenchie
Jan 14th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Good luck :kiss:
I want to see you in the QF!!! That would be a great start of the season :cool:

_LuCaS_
Jan 15th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Nastya playing doubles with Dinara. 13th seeds

Ekaterina Bychkova RUS
Zuzana Ondraskova CZE
vs.
Anastasia Myskina RUS (13)
Dinara Safina RUS (13)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/dream4lucas/nastyadina.jpg
GOOD LUCK GIRLS

iine:
Jan 15th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Myskina looks great in black :hearts: ;) :kiss:

angiee3
Jan 15th, 2006, 01:39 PM
yeah. i have to agree with you iine:....

slk45
Jan 15th, 2006, 08:17 PM
If Nastya had a long skirt and castanets in that picture, she could easily pass for a flamenco dancer! :)

Almalyk
Jan 15th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Great photo in black! And a great draw too! I get the feeling it will be a much better start to the year!

Daniel
Jan 16th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Good luck Anastasia !!!!!

Do your best in the AO :worship: :kiss: :bounce: :D

_LuCaS_
Jan 17th, 2006, 08:34 AM
1st round
Nastya - Fedak 7-6(6) 6-1

Next is Jackson

Fat Frog
Jan 17th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Today at Melbourne
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/Fatfrog1/Tennis%202006/P1170224.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/Fatfrog1/Tennis%202006/P1170221.jpg

slk45
Jan 17th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Nastya!! :bounce: :bounce:
:woohoo: :woohoo:

cindy
Jan 17th, 2006, 10:33 AM
thx fatfrog I love her outfit

Agassi Fan
Jan 17th, 2006, 02:28 PM
good luck

Spunky83
Jan 17th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Love her shorts with the white stripe. That shirt is a bit too short this time.

miffedmax
Jan 17th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Well, although a certain blonde blew the prospect of a dream semi, I think Nasty has a good chance to get into Week 2. Jackson should not be able to hang with her for more than a set. Rnd 3 will be tough but winnable.

Regarding outfits, Nastya certainly has one of the best of the tournament so far, especially compared to that awful shower curtain Lena D. was wearing. The shame of appearing in public in that getup must have cost her at least 3-4 games.

Anyway, hope somebody saved me a seat on the Nastya bandwagon and we ride into the next round!

Spunky83
Jan 17th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Miffy...you have seat with your name attached to it!

my mumīs constantly telling me to wear something which does cover my whole waist but that Nastya/Hantuchova shirt is even too short for my taste which is why I will start the campaign: "Nike, give Nastuchova something to wear!" ...uhhhh... :lol:

meyerpl
Jan 17th, 2006, 05:24 PM

my mumīs constantly telling me to wear something which does cover my whole waist but that Nastya/Hantuchova shirt is even too short for my taste which is why I will start the campaign: "Nike, give Nastuchova something to wear!" ...uhhhh... :lol:
Please, please, please don't!!!

meyerpl
Jan 17th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Well, although a certain blonde blew the prospect of a dream semi, I think Nasty has a good chance to get into Week 2. Jackson should not be able to hang with her for more than a set. Rnd 3 will be tough but winnable.

Regarding outfits, Nastya certainly has one of the best of the tournament so far, especially compared to that awful shower curtain Lena D. was wearing. The shame of appearing in public in that getup must have cost her at least 3-4 games.

Anyway, hope somebody saved me a seat on the Nastya bandwagon and we ride into the next round!
Wow! Do you suppose Elena was wearing that because she lost a bet or something?

martirogi
Jan 17th, 2006, 05:47 PM
fat frog and wolfgang you pictures are already on nastya's official website :tape:

_LuCaS_
Jan 17th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Love her shorts with the white stripe. That shirt is a bit too short this time.
THe shirt is fine. Remember she's super fit ;)

selyoink
Jan 17th, 2006, 05:59 PM
THe shirt is fine. Remember she's super fit ;)

I agree with you. Nothing wrong with the shirt.

Spunky83
Jan 17th, 2006, 06:53 PM
fat frog and wolfgang you pictures are already on nastya's official website :tape:

Hehe...I gotta admit Ola and me do the "kindly asking"-thing out of gratitude and because we donīt want people to sue us but now thatīs definetly weird. Whoever here works for that side, might at least ask? Would be a nice thing to do I guess.

angiee3
Jan 17th, 2006, 11:19 PM
i just love her outfit...
she looks great in it.
good luck in next round...

frenchie
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:33 AM
Nastya looks great as always! the outfit fits her perfect body so well, so nothing wrong with the small size ;)
BTW was she playing her match on a practice court or what? :o look at the chairs laying behind her and the lack of crowd :rolleyes:
Hope she gets another court for her next match: she deserves it :fiery:

cool_olga
Jan 18th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Nastya plays mixed with Jurgen, they had to make friends in this off-season meetings..He's fave player of my friend so this can be interesting couple :rolleyes:

And yeah we are fan site and we ask for permission, really shocket official site does that kind of things, surely not very polite.

cindy
Jan 18th, 2006, 05:45 PM

I totaly agree with you max!!! but I'll say that it cost her 5 or 6 games!!!
lena should go to nike too...they make realy great outfit + nastya always choose the one which is the more beautiful....and fit her the better!

meyerpl
Jan 18th, 2006, 05:52 PM
I'm crazy about Lena D., but when I saw that outfit I thought there was something wrong with my television set.

michelle11
Jan 18th, 2006, 07:16 PM
if about 7 or 8 other matches will be cancelled we have big chances to see nastya at german eurosport tonight. :lol: :lol: :lol:
but all in all my expectation is,that we will not see a single minute of her unless she goes up to the semifinal

Daniel
Jan 19th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Nastya bt Jackson 7-6 0-6 :o 6-3
now plays Arvidsson in the 3R.
Good luck!!! :bounce: :yeah: :hug:

slk45
Jan 19th, 2006, 05:48 AM
Way to go, Nastya!! :hug: Have a good rest b4 your next match! :zzz: :zzz: :drink: :drink:
:bounce: :bounce: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

DomenicDemaria
Jan 19th, 2006, 09:54 AM
I was at her match today. She didn't play too well today and it was obvious she was having problems. I didn't think she would finish the match she really didnt look well. She had the trainer come to her every change of ends coz of breathing difficulties in the third. It was extremely hot today. The only reason Nastya won today is becoz she really wanted to. She fought hard and deserved the win.

Thauron
Jan 19th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Well, at least we had one resurrection already ;)

cindy
Jan 19th, 2006, 05:48 PM
I was at her match today. She didn't play too well today and it was obvious she was having problems. I didn't think she would finish the match she really didnt look well. She had the trainer come to her every change of ends coz of breathing difficulties in the third. It was extremely hot today. The only reason Nastya won today is becoz she really wanted to. She fought hard and deserved the win.

well...this is good cause I realy think that the more important thing in her game is not how much she serves well or not or anything else...the more important is if she wants to win or not!
I'm sure she realy wants to do well...and I hope she'll do!!!
thx for your report domenicdemaria...it gives me a lot of hope

DomenicDemaria
Jan 19th, 2006, 11:16 PM
well...this is good cause I realy think that the more important thing in her game is not how much she serves well or not or anything else...the more important is if she wants to win or not!
I'm sure she realy wants to do well...and I hope she'll do!!!
thx for your report domenicdemaria...it gives me a lot of hope

It okay. I agree thats what I was happy about. She gave it her all. I seriously thought she would retire but she kept playing. She looked terrible at one stage. I hope Nastya keeps that intensity up. If she does she will be a deadly opponent for everyone. She didn't let miss opportunites bother her and kept fighting against a tough opponent.

denine
Jan 20th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Good luck against arvidsson!:yeah:

MC Kola
Jan 21st, 2006, 02:29 AM
Nastya wins quite comfortably 6-3 6-1 in the match against Arvidsson that I was luckily able to see on TV. however a lot of silly double faults and she was getting quite frustrated out there at times, but most of the time was playing some great shots, and if she can lower those unforced errors, can go even further! keep it up Nastya!

_LuCaS_
Jan 21st, 2006, 10:03 AM
She meets Schynder in the 4th round. Good luck
Unfortunately she and Dina lost in doubles.

angiee3
Jan 22nd, 2006, 03:21 AM
good luck againts schynder

ctan88
Jan 22nd, 2006, 08:32 AM
What a great match from Myskina in the 3rd round ... Yes, she still wasnt at her best - BUT close to it!!! 27 winners, what a fantastic stat!!! Next up is Patty - SMASH her Nastya :)

AlexB
Jan 22nd, 2006, 10:07 PM
if she beats schnyder, ill take my chances against amelie or vaidisova for a shot at the semis...in other words its not as impossible as many of the experts would think...its also good that she has been under the radar in this tournament, and just getting the job done without any pressure or expectations

MC Kola
Jan 23rd, 2006, 07:02 AM
Schnyder df Myskina 6-2 6-1 :sad:

well, it's about 60 degrees hotter in Melbourne than back in Moscow... (almost 40'C in Melbourne, as low as -23'C in Moscow around now) so it must be very difficult for Nastya to adapt to these conditions... but a great effort to make it this far =) she's set a platform to build upon for the rest of the year :cool:

greenfunkTHREE.
Jan 23rd, 2006, 09:27 AM
well, just hope she can maintain it tho.. she's been really inconsistent. even with the new year.

angiee3
Jan 23rd, 2006, 11:56 AM
did she win the mixed doubles match?

michelle11
Jan 23rd, 2006, 11:59 AM
when everybody was able to see,that her tactics of playing aggressive and "blow her away" would not work,she didn't change it at all.

so the question that interests me most of all is,what did jens tell her to do???
who of both is responsible for going on with a tactics which is totally unsuitable??
this loss in this way was so unnecessary. :fiery:

greenfunkTHREE.
Jan 23rd, 2006, 12:39 PM

nastuchova :hearts: :drool: :lol: