PDA

View Full Version : Who Are Your Surprise Quarterfinalist Picks for AO?

pierce0415
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Q1: Lindsay pretty much has a cakewalk to QF
Q2: Venus or Justine will definitely be in QF
Q3: I am thinking Peng vs Li for the first Chinese QF Berth in GS
Q4: There are 5 qualifiers here, an injured Nadia and a shaky Dementieva. Definitely the weakest quarter in the whole draw. I think any of the qualifiers have a chance to make it to the Quarters
Q5: There is nobody here that Dinara cannot beat and she should be thanking her lucky stars that she got this draw. This is the time for her to break out and announce herself
Q6: If Mauresmo is not playing well, any player here stands a chance of making the quarters. Nicole has a good shot but Michaella is a hot player coming off a title run. Kutuzova / Sun are tough opponents and can send the fancied Amelie packing.
Q7: Of course I want Mary in QF but she will have to contend with Hingis and Ivanovic.
Q8: If Kim is not fit, Auckland winner Bartoli has a great chance at the quarters. Gold Coast winner Safarova has a great shot also.

madame_maria
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Q3: I am thinking Peng vs Li for the first Chinese QF Berth in GS

almost impossible. what with Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova and Daniela Hantuchova? quite impossible i would say.

still nothing is impossible but hey! be realistic i'm a Maria fan and i wanna watch a Maria-Serena matchup because they are ALWAYS blockbuster-worthy!

*Jool*
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Schiavone
Krajicek ?
Li?
Hingis?Ivanovic? Nah, Mary will pass them hopefully :)

Helen Lawson
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Little Masha!! But it won't be a surprise, really.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:18 PM
if we told you then it wouldnt be a suprise would it ;)