PDA

View Full Version : SYDNEY DOUBLES FINAL: CORINA/STUBBS ded Paula/ViVi 6-3,5-7 6-2 !!!

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:40 PM
CONGRATS GIRLS! We could have a hot new team here!! :worship: :wavey:

Nicjac
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:43 PM
lol

Isn't Stubbs going back to play with Cara and Corinna with Linds?

Alvarillo
Jan 13th, 2006, 01:55 PM
:sad:
but great tournament after 7 months !!!!!!!! :kiss:

BrknRacketStrngs
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Congrats! I always thought they were a good pair. They played an awesome match against Venus and Serena in the first round of Wimbledon in 2003...they lost...but it was still great. I am sooo happy! :)

stubbsy71
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Cara asked Rennae if she minded if she tried to qualify for The Oz Open. Rennae said no and so asked around for a partner for Sydney. She said to me that she was playing the tournament for fun. Yes, I believe this is one off and Cara should be back with Rennae next week

Mattographer
Jan 13th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Well deserved! :worship: Unfortunately, I can't stay and watch the match as I have to catch the train back to home before too late! :lol:

BrknRacketStrngs
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:36 PM
I wish I got to see it! I'm going through withdrawl. No tennis on TV yet here....ahhh! They never show doubles anyway! Ugh! :(

auntie janie
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Corina :hearts:

Does anyone know if this is Corina's first title since returning from leukemia treatment?

Paolita/Vivi :sad:

Elldee
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Corina :hearts:

Does anyone know if this is Corina's first title since returning from leukemia treatment?

Paolita/Vivi :sad:

Yep! First title since 2000. So happy!

Great pictures on getty... Corina looks ecstatic! I hope Lindsay skips the doubles in Melbourne this year.

dav abu
Jan 13th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Well done Corina!! I'm thrilled to bits for her, an absolute sweetheart who has been through so much. Want this thread to stay as one celebrating Corina and Stubbs win but did someone say Lindsay might be playing doubles with Corina in OZ :fiery: ?!?!

auntie janie
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Yep! First title since 2000. So happy!

Thanks! I thought so. How exciting for her. She's such a sweetie. :hug:

nouf
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:05 PM
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7688/stubbsmorariu1ey.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Elldee
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Well done Corina!! I'm thrilled to bits for her, an absolute sweetheart who has been through so much. Want this thread to stay as one celebrating Corina and Stubbs win but did someone say Lindsay might be playing doubles with Corina in OZ :fiery: ?!?!

No, Lindsay's cut out doubles.

Great pic *saves*

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:09 PM
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7688/stubbsmorariu1ey.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Beautiful pic :kiss:

Nicjac
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Great, great picture, thx nouf!

propi
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:16 PM
This final and a decent Aus Open should put Vivi close to number 1 again :bounce:
Too bad about the final :( let's hope you can do it in 15 days ;)

Nicjac
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:23 PM
This final and a decent Aus Open should put Vivi close to number 1 again :bounce:
Too bad about the final :( let's hope you can do it in 15 days ;)

Well, to be honest, I didn't know whom to cheer for.

Vivi and Paola are prob one of the best teams ever, and what a great return after the injuries in 2005. Rennae is a very determined, consistent and, therefore, admiring player. So is Corina, with, without, or after overcoming her devastating illness.

Caz
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Well done to Corina and Rennae! :D

Great comeback tournament for Vivi & Paola. As Propi says, let's hope they can win the title at their next event! ;) Vamos! :D

Scotso
Jan 13th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Vivi/Paola :sad:

BrknRacketStrngs
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Corina does look really happy. I hadn't even realized this is her first title since she came back. I remember her and Lindsay making a lot of finals in the beginning of last year, but I hadn't realized they didn't win any. For sonce reason I thought they won in Tokyo? Whoops!

But awesome job again to the pair of them! Corina is looking good. Maybe she can get herself a grandslam this year...